Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Susie.. That sounds a lot like the Breakfast Strata we have here in the north. Only we make ours with layers of bread instead of tortillas.

I'm back from church. The choir did an awesome job and now Ethan is here. Issy, as he calls her, is out getting some lunch for us. The Bobster had to go preach at a church a few hours from here as part of his new job. So he won't be home for a few hours yet. I'm hoping to get a nap this afternoon. It's the perfect day for it.. cloudy and gloomy.

Kat.. sure hope you're doing better. That's not the way to lose weight, as I'm sure you know! How can you deal with company when you don't feel well??? You need to take care of yourself, says Momom Judy!!

Hello

Lovely wedding yesterday... ahhh to be young & in love & at the beginning of everything... silly fools!! No, seriously, it was nice... saw lots of relatives... laughed a lot... drank cran & vodkas... my sis drove home... I was fine though... in a happy place (not as "happy" as in Gruene, to use as a comparison)... no hangover...

Today is this & that around the house... typical Sunday.

Judy, my fav naps are Fall Sunday afternoons on the couch w/the football game on...

Glad T&T are ok... still waiting to hear from H!!

Judy heard from Haydee and she is fine right? I think it was Judy.

I hope Kat gets her butt to the Doctor for diagnoses, are you listening Kat?????

I hope Tracy finds things okay when she gets home!!

I will check back in later!!

Jane

Yup.. I posted what Haydee had texted me. Michelle is a little loopy today so she probably missed that post!:smile::tt2:

I got a little nap in today and then the Bobster called and I can't get back to sleep. Ethan is still cutting logs so it's pretty quiet here right now. I'm just cruising the net looking for song books for church and flute music for our quartet.

I am just feeling very blessed right now. High, dry, and cool. The kids are with me now 'cause there's not electricity or Water at their dad's house. Good to have them under my wing. We also have my married step-daughter. Her husband is an ER physician and is at work for the next 48 hours. Their house is nice but in a dicey part of town that had a lot of damage...there are 'rumors' of looting going on and she didn't want to be there, not to mention there is flooding nearby and no power or water at her house either. So we have a house-full now.

The pictures coming out of Galveston, Kemah, Seabrook, High Island and Bolivar are just devastating. It's going to be a really rough road for the next few weeks. It's sad :smile:

Michelle is a little loopy today so she probably missed that post!:smile::tt2:

Moi??

Little??

Thanks, Judy!! :thumbup:

Hey ladies~

Kat, how are you feeling? Sending Purple Power to you and hope you get this figured out. Keep us posted!

I've read and graded 27 papers today...yes, I am freaking blind. Susanne is off joining a community softball league. The house smells yummy since the sauce has been cooking since early this am.

I took a batch and some Pasta to our friends...She was shocked! I love love love surprises and love giving 'em and getting 'em too. That was cool.

Laura~ was up honey! You doing ok?

Everyone stay safe. I am so thankful everyone is safe...no hoping everything is safe too!

xoxoxoxo

I am here, alive, and semi well!

I have sipped and let absorb for the entire night and day----the only time I have gotten sick has been following an icee popsicle---was too heavy. Things are beginning to seep through----she (the Dr.) said my IV bag would last me 12 hours, meaning it would hydrate me for 12 hours. I am still urinating normally tonight....so some of mine must be making it through.

All in all, I am tired feeling, but have no pain, and if I am not vomitting, which I am not now----I feel fine.

s for my company. It was just Nick. Nick is a long time family friend----and amazing man, I love him to pieces! He did not require taking care of, in fact he and Rick have waited on me hand and foot!!! I told him the only thing that would make me feel bad is if he up and went to a motel---I trust him in my house should we have to go somewhere!

OK---I have spoke with my band Dr. He is 100% behind how we are dealing with this at this point. He told me his office manager would be the only one who could tell me how to go about this where my insurance can cover whatever I am facing.

I need to know if I can have my PCP refer me over to him for treatment....or if I need my PCP to order the swallow study, then refer me with the results.....or if I am going to be flying blind with a general surgeon here if it ends up that I am going to lose the band. I cannot afford my surgeon in Colorado without insurance coverage.....simple as that. He feels that 24-48 hours of no vomitting and I will reduce the swelling and be fine. He explained that while I do not have any fill in, the TT has put real pressure on my (insert big long word here I do not remember!) but it is like a fascia---hard muscle fiber......and it is pressing and causing serious restriction on it's own. I can attest to that, even with no fill, I am restricted, and no hunger. I have been days without serious food, and I am not hungry---I just want to chug fluids. Tried that threw them all up!! The sipping and leaving the tummy as empty as possible while still hydrating my body seems to be working.

I will keep you posted --- right now it is a wait and see game. Naturally I am scared, and upset, I do not want to lose my band....but discussed it with Rick last night, and if it comes to it, I will go with removal as opposed to repositioning I guess....this has scared me. If I can get back to my normal, I will hang on for as long as possible, but clearly something has changed.

I love you all for your concern.....especially when we have Violets going through such serious situations with hurricanes!!!

I am so glad to get email from Tracy, and hear from Terry. Rick was so impressed that we all rallied and she called, as we were watching the weather channel, trying to see if we could tell if they were ok. He has friends, but nothing like I do---and it is not that he is unlikable!!! Just a man

Well time for me to get my syringe and fill it with something to absorb in my mouth----wooo hooo life is such fun!

We just finished watching Denver win a game they should have lost.....but they have also lost many a game due to the same type of bad ref calls......so what can you say???

I have a softball game tomorrow, going to go, minus jersey, and sit and watch, not participate, right now I simply do not have the energy, and the dehydration is seriously messing with my eyesight! Right as I told Judy I seldom wear my glasses, I am living in them! Yikes!!! The Dr. said it was due to dehydration---it is a good sign to look for blurred vision----the body is not hydrating the eyes properly!

I am on full sugar versions of everything I take in----omg things taste so wierd!!! But I need the energy, and am attempting not to lose anymore weight this way. Who would have ever thought I would say that??? Life is too bizarre sometimes!

Will check in with you gals soon. SOOOOOO glad we are getting updates from the Texans! ((((((hugs)))))) to all of you!

Kat

Hi Ladies-the hotel has power and internet :lol:

I just skimmed posts. I am so tired. Yep, tomorrow is the nig Blue Bell Ice creamery tour...can you imagine? LMAO...like I need to go there! lol

We are going to stay at the hotel until Tuesday then head home to a house with no lights or Water :(

I can pray for a miracle, right?! The thought of heat, mosquitos and no violets does nothing for me! I will stay hopeful. We are SO blessed that our house is OK. I am quite sure the freezer & fridge will stink...but I can handle that. At least we have a home to go to. :cursing:

So many people have lost everything. Then there are the fools that think "i'll just stay here and ride it out". Bet they won't do THAT again (if they are still alive that is).

Thank you ll so much for the kind calls, texts and e-mails.

I will get back on in the morning!!

How Terrible for all you Texans!!! Househuntress you are from the Houston area too aren't you? We had 6 inches of Water this am and two people died in it. Terrible, Terrible.

I went to my mom and dads for dinner and pb'd on broccoli big time!!! Why can't I pb on ice cream or candy or something sweet? NO it has to be broccoli!

Off to get some stuff accomplished here.

Jane

Just skimming posts before bed, so glad the TX V's are all fine!!

Saturday evening, I did something--I keep trying to replay and figure out what, with no luck--and hurt my lower back. I can't believe I am saying it but it's about 10x worse than when I had my crippling lower back pain. It feels like I broke my tail bone!!! Moving positions (standing to laying, sitting to standing, etc.) is the most excruciating pain I've ever endured. I cry out and tears well up in my eyes. When laying and sitting there is a constant throbbing pain, but the changing of positions is so brutal.. standing doesn't hurt too bad though. I tried 2 baths last night (warm, not hot), used a massager, Russell gave me a massage, I tried tylenol.. then went to bed early hoping it would pass.. tossed all night-barely, I can't roll over without hurting intensely. Woke up, amazingly, worse. I can't reach without the excruciating pain, so I've been bumbling around yelling out everytime I try to do anything. I'm so miserable. I am calling my GP & Chiro in the morning, whoever can get me in first and help me. I was reading about hurt cocyx, and it says steroid injections & pain meds.. I'm doubting I can do either while pregnant.. I am in so much pain, it is ridiculous, and I can't take anything :lol:

Laura-such a cute baby violet! Do you think that the added pressure from the pregnancy might be making your nack hurt? I know I was in severe pain when I was pregnant! I sure am sorry you are hurting :lol:

Good morning violets-I am on my laptop in the dark of the hotel room trying not to wake dh and dd up. I found out that dd school is closed indefinitely. You may think this is funny but I packed every single one of her school clothes cause I knew if something bad happened I would never be able to find thm again! lol So, at least I know she has uniforms. I have not been able to watch BB the past couple of times so I am going to bbchatter.com to catch up.

Have a great day everyone :cursing:

Janie...High and dry here! Well sorta soggy but all is safe.

Hugs to those that had to move everything. We're all here with moral support!

Janie...yeah..it's the ice cream/chips/soft stuff that is keeping me from losing. The good food..can't seem to eat that without having problems. I think my BIG problem is still eating tooooooooo darn fast and not chewing enough. I'm working on that today.

Kat....hugs hugs to you. We're all saying prayers that you can keep your band OR whatever is BEST and SAFEST for YOU...HUGS again.

Fairy...becareful of the hot baths during pregnancy. Hope you feel better fast. Loving that you're preggers :lol:

Terry, Teach, Mdrai, kity, Suzicat, Jennifur, TracyK..*trying to add everyone but if I missed one..sorry:eek:* HUGS glad to get back online to hear all the fun chatter.

I'm trying to be online more..that keeps me honest in my eating...Time for work!!

Later!

Good morning everyone!!!

Hi HH!

Laura BECAREFUL with our little violet! Please try not to overdo it, or else you end up on bedrest, and you will be insane by time you deliver.

Kat: How scarey! Do you think that if you lose your band you will still get the restriction from the TT? weird... So what is the scale saying these days?

TracyK: I can just picture you in a dark Hotel room logged on! :lol:

Jane and Suzie: less than a week and we will be meeting in good ol JoCo KS. I don't think Robby will be coming with us, as my mom has said she'll watch him. I might bring him anyway.

I've got a busy work day ahead of me.

Everyone take care and have a great one.