Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Violets..

Just got off the phone with TracyK. She's doing fine. They were in a hotel and the power just went off there. She doesn't know when it will get back on or when she can get back to her house. Or even if there IS a house to go back to. She's in good spirits and is going to tour the Blue Bell Ice cream factory Monday. She said she's going to visit the place that made her what she is today!! :thumbup::wink_smile: At least her sense of humor is still intact!!

She does say she can't keep anything down because she's so stressed. Well, nothing besides Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I'd be packin' em away too if I had to go through what she's going through.

We'll continue to keep our Texas Violets in our prayers. They have a long haul ahead of them.

Soooo glad to hear from the girlies...well 2 of the 3! I have been sooo scared for you all!

I know a fill wont help w/ Coldstone....Man, I never even liked ice cream as much! I eat such smaller amounts...but still too much! Smaller compared to other plates. Sometimes I can put it away. I can eat a shitload of salad (very good thing) and meat. I like that. I would imagine if I could exercise I'd be in good shape. But my appetite is still there and kickin too. Sometimes I get soooo freakin hungry that it hurts!

Kat~ are you still completely unfilled? I wonder what has got you feeling sick. Usually 3-4 mornings a week I am nauseated. I sip on a diet 7up and it really helps. Feel better and stay worm. I've heard skinny people are always cold, lol:wink:

Michelle~ Have fun and take pix. I am sure you look purty too...hey, if it is not your wedding...it is not as important how you look, lol!

Everyone have a good day! We are going to Stephs house to bbq and watch movies. Might even pop in the pool later, but it is not as fun w/ a bathing suit on!

xoxoxoxoxooxox

WE HAVE POWER!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it???

Still no TV though 'cause the cable is out. We drove across town to borrow a generator from friends who didn't need it. Took quite a while to get it hooked up and loaded with gas/oil, etc., hooked up the refrigerator to it, and 5 minutes later our power came on! You have no idea how excited I am about that!! I am so proud of our city service response team on so many levels and all the help that is pour into the city. It's just the beginning, but it's a good sign.

Thanks for all the love and prayers.....PURPLE POWER IS THE BEST!!!

Just got home from work, and checked in here before I did anything else. I am glad Terry and Tracy are fairing okay, but what about Haydee? Did she ever get out of Dallas?

Jane

Evening, Violets..

Just got home and turned on my phone and there was a text message from Haydee. She is ok, there was some damage from falling trees and blowing debris. They are without power, but otherwise ok. The network is busy so she can't call out, but says to tell everyone she misses them and she'll keep texting when she can.

Well, one performance is over and 4 more to go. The Bobster says we done good, so that's good enough for me!

I'm going to relax with some tabloids and then head to bed. Everyone have a good night. Texas Violets stay safe!!

Hello all! I txt msg Tracy earlier and got the same news that Judy already reported.. I am worried about Haydee and all her family, and Juans.

I went to a support group meeting today Bandwagon and it was good. I hadnt been since the personel change and it has grown and was pretty well organized. It was nice to have staff from my docs office there and big news.. one of the well known bariatric docs in town is now part of his practice... (Suzie this will mean something to you) Hitchcock is now with Malley's practice... (as in Hoehn and Hitchcock at Shawnee Mission Med Center) Anyway.. I've got household chores to do tomorrow.. I really need to get in the yard and prune up some of my flowering shrubs... and it REALLY NEEDS mowed. Hoping it will dry up enough to get some stuff done.. and there is also painting I need to do. Have a great evening! Keep the homelights burning Terry!

Hey All~ Wonderful news about our sistas! TracyK texted me and said to tell everyone they got word that there is no structural damage at their house...she was beyond relieved. I am sooo glad to hear the good news from everyone. Was there damage to Haydee's new home? Or just in the 'hood'? So glad everyone is safe!xooxoxoxxo

Had a fun relaxing day here. Had a fun little bbq, watched movies but did not get in the pool. Lazed and Grazed!

Have a great night everyone!

I am so glad everyone is accounted for!! Not much going on here. I wish I could do some of my errands on Sunday! I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow, other than going to my parents for dinner and seeing my niece!! Monday is a day of appointments and must dos. I also have a sleep study Monday night, you know this Iron thing is really getting me down!! I think no matter what I do I am going to have some discomfort, either in the tummy or the pocketbook!!!

This time next week 1/4 of the violets are going to meet up in Kansas City!!! Any other takers? Judy, Kat, anybody close?????

I need to hop on the treadmill, then I am going to watch SNL, I hear Tina Fey might come back and play Sarah Palin, and that Barack Obama is actually coming in person to do the show! Could be a hoot!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad everyone is safe, hope their property is as well.

I am just home from urgent care....where I was given a bag of IV Fluid, probably needed another, but they were closing!!!

Anyway, I have a schedule of allowing popsicles to melt in my mouth once an hour and to allow 5 ml. of fluid to absorb in my mouth every 5-7 minutes, to get at least 3 TBSP in per hour, and to try to get it to melt into my mouth tissue and not to be swallowing it into my stomach pouch. I tried to drink all day with no luck.

Party went well, glad it is behind us. I am exhausted though!

Anyway, we have compant staying with us, so I need to go be sociable.

Lots of love, and thanks to God and purple power that our girls are all safe!

See ya tomorrow...

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up and dressed and ready to head out to church. Ethan comes back today for the day. Hope he had a good night at Aunt Krissy's house.

So glad we have the Texas Violets all accounted for. Sure was a scary time. And the pictures coming out of Galveston and Huston are REALLY scary. I can't imagine people opting to stay in their homes knowing what was coming at them and with all the warnings given to them about staying.

It's humid and gloomy and chilly here this morning. 66 degrees. No pool today I'm guessing, though I do need to turn the pump on to get the chlorine circulating. Hopefully by the middle of the week I can get in it again. I bet you ladies are really tired of hearing about my pool!! I seem to be obsessing, don't I? ;)

Everyone have a good day. I'll check back later after church and errands.

Hi gals

So glad Terry and Tracy are ok, anyone hear from Haydee?????

I'm just checking in... so i don't get completely in a horrible place, so busy i'm just exhausted. Going to try to get the floor down in the laundry room today - found out Thursday my cabinets will be here in 3 weeks.... how can i do that? I thought 8-10

overwhelmed is an understatement

Tracyks - you are so good (picture day)

anyway

hey everyone.... i'll be back later

Good Morning.

So glad to hear the good news about out Texas Gals. Hope the news remains good. Waiting to see what Tracy finds when she gets home.

It has finally stopped raining. We've gotten around 6 inches in the last 3 days. You should see the mushrooms in our front yard. It's gonna take a few days for the yard to dry up enough so we can cut it and this is also our week to cut the grass at the Church.

Yesterday I spent almost all day sewing. I'm just about finished with my Aunt's Christmas present. I have a few more projects to go and I'm done than.

I also decided to make a Breakfast casserole and it is now in the oven cooking. House smells wonderful. Here it is.

Cook up 2lbs of suasage and drain well.

Take flour tortillas and fill each one with a spoonfull of suasage.

Sprinkle with cheese and roll up not to too tight.

Place in a casserole dish.

Scramble 8 eggs with milk and pour over tortillas.

Sprinkle a little more cheese and cover with foil.

Leave in refridgerator over night.

Next morning heat oven to 350 and than bake for 45 mins, approx.

Remove foil.

Sprinkle with a little more cheese and bake for another 5 mins.

Pretty good stuff, You'll like it.

Tracy, Sorry I missed the meeting. I'm gonna work on getting my shift changed so I don't have to work those Saturdays. I am looking forward to seeing you and Robby and Jane next weekend.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs to all.

Morning Ladies~

Kat...OMG...when do you see the real doctor. Are you completely unfilled? Keep us posted. That is soooo scarey.

Texas Girlies~ So happy for you. TracyK you sound sooo relieved! Terri and Haydee everything all right w/ you. Haydee, did you have structural damage?

I've got a boat load of stuff to do today. My Walden students are submitting their first papers (which require a lot of extra "suggestions" for their next papers. I've got 35 students (at last count), and they are all 3-4 page papers...;):frown::):frown::)

Then I need to work on diss. I've taken a break for 3 days and it is too easy to get out of the habit.

During, I am making spaghetti sauce. My friend who broke her ankle and arm in Greece this summer (I think I told you about her). So I am making her a jar of sauce and some Pasta. Also, it is Sus's fav...and I do like it a bit as well. I make it real meaty, so I only eat the sauce and a green sal.

Have a great day everyone! I'll check back when I need a break!

xoxoxoxoox

Oh yeah Susie~ That sounded soooo good. My mouth watered while reading it! I'll have to try it sometime!...yummy