Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning, Violets..

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr another cold morning here. 47 degrees when I got up. It's a lazy day for me today. No Ethan, no rehearsals, no meetings. Just the Bobster and I all day together. Hope we survive!! We have the heater cranked up on the pool so we can hopefully get in it this afternoon. MIght be the last time of the season. I'm afraid to see the gas bill this month. Luckily have a big credit as I overpay in the summer, so that will help this month's bill at least. I'm going to get my new glasses in a bit. Sure hope they are an improvement over what I have. They will be transition lenses and that will be great not having to carry along those dreaded clip on sunglasses.

TracyK and Terry... I'm thinking about you two all the time lately with the storm coming. Lots of prayers and purple power sent your way. Haydee, are you in any danger from the storm??? I don't know for sure who is in its path. I heard from my friend in Mobile this morning that they are expected to be spared any major problems. Just lots of rain and wind.

Michelle.. hope you find just the right dress and accessories. Isn't it a lot more fun shopping now than it was many, many pounds ago???

I got a call yesterday from a mom and son who are looking to get the band. They will be at my next support group meeting. We're a growing group, but not in the wrong way!!!

A lady from Human Resources at the hospital got my name from someone and she called me to ask if there was a support group in the area. I said YES, I started one months ago. She was surprised. She said she has had many, many calls wanting to know if there was a lapband support group in the area. I told her a notice is in the paper each month. I'm anxious to see how many more people we attract. I've been told that even in our small town there are lots and lots of bandsters.

One of the ladies in my flute group who has seen me since way before banding and every week since, said yesterday that I had lost a LOT of weight. ummmmmmm duh!!! lol It sure is nice to get compliments even a yar and a half out. Just wish I could get more weight to come off. TracyK.. I understand how you're feeling. I have my days too. I'm so stalled and just wishing this plateau would break and the scale would start moving again. We had to change our fill appointment. It's now the 22nd. I'm ready and I know the Bobster is REALLY ready for a fill.

Gotta go get my teeth brushed and hair curled and head out to get my glasses. Everyone have a great day. Catch ya later!!

Drive by posting!

Woke up at 6am and was 1 hour late (usually up at 5). Rushrushrush! It is picture day here too, and I look a mess.

Texas Violets~ OMG...I am sending purple power...the news looked scarey for you.

Terri~ Breathe honey! xoxoxoox

Kat~ Totally sad story!

Michelle~ shop until you drop or find a dress, which ever comes first! I hate dresses, I would wear a pair of linen capris and a nice rayon shirt...but that is just me!

Susie~ Stay strong!

Haydee~ where the hell are you???

OK...love and happiness to all my violets...gotta run do spelling!

Texas girls are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

My mom used to wash my mouth out with soap, she didn't scrape our teeth she would just rub the soap all over our tongues!

I don't feel motivated to go to work!!!

Kat I need to come to your house for boot camp!!!!

Judy, I was amazed at how cold it gets so early there, is that normal?

Well off to hop in shower!!!

Blue dot is where Tracy lives, green is where I live and red is where Haydee lives. Tracy lives right on the coastline of Galveston Bay and is in greatest danger of the storm surge. She needs special prayers for sure. The threat to Haydee and I will be flooding an damage from flying debris. A strong Category 3 hurricane can rip the roof off of a well built structure. We will most likely be on the "nasty side" of the storm (the NE side) where most of the tornados and rain occur.

Wish us luck! Yes, we've rescheduled the Memorial Service to 9/27.

post-213702-13813137564544_thumb.jpg

Oh Terri, I am soo sorry to hear that. That is hanging over your head. I hope the storm all of a sudden slows down speed and is just a rain shower?!!!! I don't know if that has ever happened but there is always a first!!! Thanks for the map Terry, it helps put things in perspective for me. I am going to contact you soon, because I want the matching Bracelet you put up on your site!!! I just need to measure!

I am really getting in the shower now, it is now or be late for work!!!

Jane

Terry~I am so sorry you had to reschedule the service. :rolleyes2:

We are going to Brenham (sp?). I know it is not THAT far but at least it is on the clean side of the storm. We are leaving late this evening (like the rest of the population). The traffic is going to be horrendous. I am so worried for everyone. I am worried for us too. I called my landlord and told her that if there was structural damage to our place that we want to be on the list for any places that she has availablle that has no damage. She said I am first on the list. So, at least that makes me feel better. The thought of a FEMA trailer makes me ill. I am getting way ahead of myself, aren't I? lol sorry! My mind is racing.

Terry-the map you posted on here is neat....thanks for doing that you talented little so and so!

OOO man, I am getting really scared for you all. Terri, thanks for the map for us Houston Challenged people!

xoxoxooxox

You're all in my thoughts! I keep sending purple vibes to break down the storm and make it weenie!

Make sure you all check in on us periodically so we know everyone is ok.

I'm going to get an ultrasound in 3 hours.. :rolleyes2:

Good afternoon, Violets.

I'm back from getting my new glasses and having lunch out with the Bobster. I LOVE the glasses. I can finally see clearly and they are so kewl in the sunshine. Lunch was ok. I had an artichoke baked bagel. It's a half a bagel with artihokes, olives, red peppers, mayo and cheese baked on top. I ended up PB'ing the first few bites, so took the topping off and ate only that. I also had two onion rings and brought the rest home.

Terry... thank you so much for the map. I'm sorry you had to postpone the memorial service, but it was a very wise decision.

TracyK.. you take care of yourself and your family, you hear! I'm going to be so worried about all three of you ladies and your families. It really sounds bad.

It's warmed up here a bit to........... don't laugh, PamELa, ..... 69 degrees. I'm headed to the pool in a few minutes. It's up to 82 in there so I can jump in and do some exercises. The sun is shining so it should be comfortable.

Hopefully it will be a nice evening so the Bobster and I can make a bonfire outside.

I had a craving for a Boston Cooler so I got some diet Vernors and some sugar free ice cream and made a couple for Bob and I. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... The Bobster grew up in Detroit which is the home town of Vernor's Ginger Ale. Nothing like it, if you're from Michigan.

Laura.. are you going to ask what the sex of the baby is?? Daughter Kristin doesn't have her ultra sound til October and she doesn't want to know. (But gramma knows it's a boy! Mark my words. You read it here first.) I'm so excited for you. Sure does bring back memories!

Jane.. the weather has been very cool this summer. Very unusual. I usually don't have to worry about the furnace coming on til October, but it's come on once already and I have the thermostat set for 60 in the house. I'm hoping Indian Summer will happen next week or the week after. Then when that's done, it will be time to close up the pool for the winter. I hate thinking about that.. sighhhhhhhhh

I'm off to jump in the pool. Everyone have a great afternoon..

They can't tell the sex until 20 weeks, Russell & I actually fought about this last night--at the instigation of my mom. She always waited to find out, she likes surprises. I want to know ahead of time so I can buy girl stuff or boy stuff, and pick out names, etc. Mom told Russell she thinks waiting is more fun, so now he wants to wait. I decided I'll just not tell them, I'll find out and buy stuff and put it in a closet lol.

Talking about your new glasses is useless without PICS!!!

I thought that was kind of early. Kris is 16 weeks long right now. My doctor said finding out was like opening up your Christmas presents in July. I never did know and after adopting one boy and then giving birth to 2 boys, I was sooooooooo anxious for the last one to be a girl cause if it hadn't been, it might not have been the last one and who knows where I would have stopped!! :rolleyes2: But I never did find out until Krissy arrived.

OK everyone....bye bye. We are leaving for LaGrange. (former home of the best little whorehouse in texas)

Wish us luck and I will check in!!! (((((((hugs))))))))

Tracy, Terry and Haydee. Stay safe and let us know you are ok from time to time... ya'll are in my prayers

My stress level just picked up 100000 times, my sister is going to have cabinets for me in 3 weeks... what happened to 8-10? I'm not ready, i'm going to be working my ass off

Plus, so stressed can't even choke down coffee today... WTF... you know that is bad for me.

Stress ... a bad thing

Rain, rain, rain and more rain. But I'm not going to complain. I'm going to put all my energy into praying that my "T" Vi's are safe. I'm so scared for all of you and hope you all stay safe.

We got the garage done and I vaccummed out my car. Went to my staff meeting and than the grocery store. Just laying around catching up on some show I hav recorded.

9 more days till the meet-up with Jane and Tracy.