Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well here comes a long day. I am up and drinking my coffee. I have a slow day at work today, but long. I think I will get my roots done. To think that Saturday when I went to that church picnic, I brought my drivers license just in case they carded me if I bought a beer. I didn't get a beer, but thought just in case...............

Today is the "move that bus" day, my dad said he is going to the reveal, but I think he will get there and see how crowded it is and leave. If he can find a place to sit he will be fine.

I tried posting last night before bed, but I lost my post, so I went to bed.

Terry special hugs to you and all you are going through, you really don't need anything extra on your plate right now!! Except maybe m&m's?

Okay I didn't watch the first half hour or so of bb, but my mom filled me in! Oh my gosh!!!

Hi Gina, Denise, Terry, Tracyk, Tracyks, kat, Laura, Judy, Michelle, Pam, Suzie, Haydee, and Jennifer!!!!

Have a good day!!

Hey Violets..

Back from rehearsal. Sorry Terry.. I thought the memorial service was today. Must have been a blonde moment or a senior moment.. or maybe just a senior blonde moment.

Gotta go and pick up DIL to drive her to work. Both their vehicles are not running and they don't have any extra money right now to fix them. So my car has been loaned to them when I don't need it and I am the designated driver when I need the car and they need to go somewhere.

Catch you all later...

Good morning Vi's,

We had a heck of a rain early this morning! Running deep down the street! I of course did not get the lawn mowed yesterday!! I decided to wait until Friday so it would be freshly mowed for the company coming in, and Rick coming home. Leaves are beginning to fall from my neighbors tree---a different sort of maple and it drops them early, still half green----but that way the yard would be clean when they all get here.....but sure would have been nice to have the rain on it freshly mowed!!

Today......I am going to move some furniture around. Move a dresser from one room to another, and the weight bench to the garage!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Rick uses the bench on occasion, mostly we use the dumbells, and I can store those under the bedside table in the extra bedroom, and they cannot even be seen, but the bench is gone, and my sewing machine is coming home!!! LOL Going to try to accomplish all that this afternoon.

Going to lunch with my parents today. In an hour, and I am still in jammies, and Kinsey is in a bikini!!!! LOL

Called to wish my MIL a happy birthday. She was thrilled that Rick called her from OK to wish her a happy day. She actually tells me she did better with her boys that she used to have to remind my FIL when his Moms birthday was and to call her. I zipped my lips and did not tell her that I too had talked to Rick this morning and told him to call her!!! He knows when her birthday is, and when he dated something in his class today it would have clicked, but he couldn't call then, so I told him to call and wake her up--be the first to say happy birthday! She was so happy!! She is 80 today. Still pretty doggone spry for 80 too----gets around really good, better than she did at 70 since she has had both knees replaced. They both get around really well.

I am going to try to channel Terry today. I bought a set of deep red/maroon beaded bracelets to wear with my outfit for her birthday party. There are probably 8-10 individual beaded bracelets. I could not find earrings to work. So......I am going to Hobby Lobby to see if I can find something I can use to make one strand into earrings! See if they have something ready made that I just string beads on.....hope so!!!

Well time to get us girls ready.....to go chow down.

BBL~~~

Kat

Tracy- i'll scan it tomorrow at work and post it from there. I can tell you but i've altered a bit, enough that i just put he stuff in it.

My mom got me the best slow cooker cook book in the world.

anyway, going to work out and swim lessons

It was cooling off here, and humidity was going away.. and then the past 2 days it's been almost 90 degrees & HORRIBLE humidity. I was waiting outside the theatre for my friend last night and was eaten alive.. some bites I don't think are mosquitos, they are hard and hurt.

Ready for fall dang it. One of our accountants, she is almost 70.. she's a really funny woman, but her grand daughter is having a 'princess tea party', so she was requested to attend.. she brought in a thrift store cinderella costume she found lol. SHE is going to wear it to the tea party. I am going to take pics of it tomorrow, she said she is wearing it from here to the party.. It's going to be a hoot.

I had half a club sandwhich for lunch, and been eating some of those Runtz candies. They have some new flavors, pineapple & mango! Pineapple nom nom nom.

Hope ya'll are all having a relaxing day!

Waiting for my paint to dry on some frames I sprayed! I am shocked they look soooooo good, and it changes the entire feel of the picture. They were framed in a blue.....the prints are numbered florals and I have always loved them....the green frame is going to draw the greenery in the print out as opposed to the florals, but they look great. I plan on changing the whole thing out and putting these into the extra bedroom when I find the things I want for my wall in the bedroom.

Lunch was good.....I had fajitas----with a fork, no tortilla. I am not avoiding the tortilla so much weight wise, as they are slow digesting for me, and sometimes cause me pain, so as I am still feeling like I am healing I avoided it. I have enough left to have for dinner if I want anything.

Haven't heard from my DH, I hate that! He better call soon, or I am gonna get my feelings hurt! LOL

Got the dresser moved, and the hated weight bench moved to the garage!!! YAY!!!! A little space reorganization, and it all works fine! Now to clean up the mess I made moving everything!!

Well gonna go see if my paint is dry enought to remount my prints and hang back on the wall!!!

Kat

I'm home from the gym

quiet here today

Kat - I'm glad you are at least eating something. I love multi grain chips, i make nachos with them

ya know it is funny, i was out of control eating this weekend and then on my obgyn's suggestion, I started taking my flinstone vitimin/minearls.... I am not throwing up but feel sick enough that i'm not even hungry and when I do eat can't eat much... could be some left overs from when I was just throwing u[ like crazy a couple week s ago ... who knows... but if my scale doesn't move i'm going to lose my mind.

I lost my meagurements from pre surgery which really stinks but i have a starting point from now... my belly is 1" bigger and my leg measurements are 2" smaller, which is odd for me

anyway sorry about all the typos i just realized, fingers not working

gym at night when walking a huge site and climbing all day is bad... i need to go in the am

oh and kat... yes i am pretty pissed off still.... not to worry

i will have a firm date for the wedding this weekend!

Hi everyone~

Sorry if I have not been talking so much. I am way stressed. I feel like a cow. I am not in a good place. I am sick about Hurricane Ike. If it comes here, just pray that if we get any damage, that it will be caused by wind and not flood. Since we just moved here not too long ago we do not have flood coverage yet. They are saying that it will hit Friday night/Saturday. Even if it stays on the course it is on now, we will still have 8-12 ft above normal tides. Not good. Macys school is letting out early tomorrow and they are out Friday. My county is on voluntary evacuations right now. DH works tomorrow but hopefully they let him leave early. I do not know where we will go because #1 we do not know where the storm is going #2 not alot of money. Please keep us is your thoughts & prayers.

I will keep you all posted. (((((hugs)))))

Just got home from our shift at the hospital. We had so much fun tonight. Not overly busy and everyone was relaxed and in good moods. Lots of luaghs tonight.

Tomorrow is my day off but I have a staff meeting right in the middle of the day. Oh well, at least I get paid for it.

About my new pic. We are doing this thing at work were we take peoples pictures and than we put them on a card and they fill out something interesting about themselves. We than hang the cards up on the wall for everyone to read. Some of them are pretty interesting and I am finding out things I did not know about some of the girls. Well one of them said that if they were getting their picture taken that I should have mine taken also. So I gave her the camera and that picture is what you see. She did a pretty good job, the only thing is there some glare on my glasses. Otherwise I like the pic.

Doing pretty good on my eating. Seems like this fill I got Monday is really working right now. I'm able to eat but I have noticed that it doesn't hardly take much to get me full. My problem is with the drinking right now. I'm just not getting in what I should.

TracyK, We have room here for all of you.

Kat, you ae wearing my out.

Laura, maybe you could put together a tea party for the get-together.

10 days till I get to see Jane and Tracy.

Have a good one.

Still plugging away doing some deep cleaning, while I can without Rick trying to convince me to sit down and relax! I work best like this at night----just meandering from job to job----slowly but methodically getting them done. But it makes him feel bad if I am up doing something and he is riding his recliner! But he has worked all day---I do these things at night so I do not have Kinsey helping! Now I can do what I want!!!

He did call----they went straight from class to dinner then back to the motel. He said the motel is a Holiday Inn and it is horrible! Lots of the guys are feeling rough from the party time they have been having! So they wanted to eat and turn in early, tomorrow is the big test day!!! Then Friday he comes home---YAY!

Well I just stopped at the computer on my way to change out a load of laundry. Will check in later!

TracyK---you KNOW we have you and Terry and Haydee in our prayers concerning these hurricanes. I will say extra special ones though, that your stress level calms down.

Maybe time to see the Dr, about some happy pills!!! That is what I always tell Becky!!!

She come home today from her trip to San Antonio---said they loved it.

Oh I have to tell you what my cousin did! She just turned 40 the other day, her DH is similarly aged. She has a DD just a few (3-4) months younger than Kinsey. She tried for years before having her, and has tried since without luck. So they decided to adopt. They had bought this big farm house hoping to have a large family.....and things were not working so they made arrangements to adopt. They were planning on adopting an older boy. They did not want to wait for an infant, and knew there were kids older needing homes.

Well they did all the background junk, and it has been a year long process----and they were shown pictures and write ups on kids, and they found this little boy who was 4 that they were interested in, among many others she said, but this little boy really pulled at her heart. He had heart surgery when he was born, but seemed healthy now they said. So they opted to meet him. When they go to the foster home, they find out he has 3 siblings, 2 brothers and a sister---all in the same foster home. Trish said, she knew then, they could not take him away---so they were going to tell the foster Mom then go back to the beginning with the agency. Will---her DH, thought they should maybe bring some ice cream when they showed up---so they went in, and had ice cream with the Foster Mom and the 7 kids she had! Trish said she went home heart broke, because she knew this little boy was hers----but he sit on his 6 year old brothers lap the entire time, so she knew that she couldn't break them up. Through lots of tears and upset in the night, her DH finally ask her.....what about taking them all? They got their approval today!!! They will adopt 6 year old Jake, 4 year old Trevor, 3 year old Teagan (girl) and 20 month old Max. To go along with their 3 year old daughter Quinn! She is on top of the world! They have actually had them now for 3 weeks, but the final approval come through today! The oldest boy has a birthday the first of October, so they are going to try to make things legal by then.

We are getting ready to go for a family celebration, Rick said heck yeah we were going!!!

Amazing!

Well like I said way back--time to get busy!!!

Kat

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

TX girls you're all in my good thoughts for the coming days!!!

Here is my "To-Do" list for the day: Shop until I find a dress & shoes to wear to my cousin's wedding on Saturday. Yes, THIS Saturday. 2 days from now. I have nothing. NOTHING. I am serious. I literally have nothing to wear. I've been putting it off & putting it off. Cross your fingers & wish me luck w/this trip. If I don't find anything locally today, then I'll have to go "down the road" to the bigger malls tomorrow. Yikes!! Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute!! I'm a nut!!

Make it a great day, everyone!!

Morning gals

Tracyk- I am so there with you, I am in a bad place too and feel like a cow, the stupid scale is not moving, I can't eat much and have been working out like a fool - 2 weeks now ... and can't get that 6lbs off, it is frustrating. I know 6lbs... big deal... but you guys all kicked my butt - i've been stuck here since my fill.

I think monday i'm doing liquid diet - to get back on track

I called the guy from the bar last night, that was a big thing, I'm going to see him this weekend. Might invite him up for a drink tonight if i see him in my travels

Kat -- that is so awesome! I got teary when I was reading that story.

Anyway - off to get ready, I'm going to have coffee with my friend Kim on my way to the train station to pick up one of the boys

Have a great day

Well, it looks like we are in for it! They closed dd school today and tomorrow. We (I) will spend the day packing up stuff that we want to bring and when dh gets home from work (whenever that may be) we will go to moms. They are about 70 miles east of us but at least it is better than being here. In a way it does not seem far enough considering it is a 200-300 mile wide storm, but at least it will not be a direct hit. If the storm turns more their way, at least we will all be together wherever we go. We called everywhere and can not find a room.

Suzie-I wish we could make it there!

Jenn-we will just keep fighting, right?

Terry-did youhave to change the plans for the service? I am so sorry for you!

OMG, they are saying now it will be a 15 ft storm surge now. oh dear God. I do not want homeless to be a reality for us.

I gotta go...I will check in befre I leave. If not, I will keep in touch somehow whenever I can.

YIKES Tracy!!!!!

Kat: that story made me so teary!

I'm heading to Robby school as a picture helper.... will most likely have meetings with the principal revisiting his IEP... he had a hard night last night due to the half day IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION.. and he is in Kindergarten! He told his Para that he hated her (the word HATE is not allowed in my home) he knows this as do all the boys.. so he is pushing boundaries. He got in BIG trouble and had his mouth washed out with soap. I told him that HATE was a nasty nasty word and it would be washed out of his mouth. He had also told the counselor that he didn't care if he got sent to his room because he had dvd, sega and toys... (which was a partial lie) TV is too old to hook up a dvd, and his OLD sega is broke............. so after the mouth washing we sat him on a stool in the dining room facing the wall until dinner was done, then back to the stool until it was time for his bath, then after bath he went to bed. (while he was taking his bath I loaded up a couple contractor sized trash bags with his favorite "fort" making supplies and then when I caught him playing when in bed, everything he touched went to the trash. I told him that last night was a night on consequences and I meant it. OH LORD this child is stubborn! Anyway... I'm on campus with him today so we shall see how it goes.

Have a great day and please my TX Vi Lovelies BE SAFE!!!!!

Good Morning. It's overcast and threatening to rain. They are calling for it for the next five days or so.

Kat, that was the saddest story till I got to the end. What a lovely story and I wish them all the luck in the world. I will keep them in my prayers.

TracyinKS, that just cracked me up. I didn't think people washed their kids mouths out with soap any more. I remember when my Mom couldn't find the liquid dish soap, she would take a bar of soap and scrape it across out teeth. OMG. Trying to get out from between your teeth was awful. Thanks for bringing back the memories. LOL.

Hubby and I are going to work in the garage today. We need to make a spot for the pool equipment. It's the stuff we can't store outside for the winter.

It's days like today that make things hard for me. I don't have enough stuff to keep me busy around the house here to keep me away from the kitchen. When I'm at work there is no food. So Thursdays are a struggle for me. I just need to keep an eye on myself and when I feel pulled to the refridgerator I need to turn around and go find some sewing or something to do.

Keeping my Texas Gal's in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to all.