Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Just got home and turned on bb, which I have to tape at 8:00 oops, anyways I came home soon enough to see who got evicted. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela, I do still have my reminder on my phone of you, but don't worry, I took pics of the extreme makeover house with my phone and can't find them. So your boobs are safe!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who got a SENIOR CITIZENS DISCOUNT today???

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to get lunch after the Dr.s appointment, and it should have been seven something, she said $5.26, and I said that isn't right, and she said it was the senior price!:thumbdown::eek::cursing::eek::crying::eek::eek::eek::wub::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Need I say more?

Jane, that is too funny. That happens to Hubby all the time. I rub it into him.

Home from work and fixed hubby's dinner. I ate about 5 crackers and a few bites of his dinner. Going to bed here pretty soon, I have to get up early tomorrow. Long day ahead of me.

Have a great evening.

LMAO JANE~

Time to get your 'do done!!! I am loving my new red hair...what is your best shade?

BB..yeah wowser. I am working hard on diss but dying to finish. 4 more to analyze...wish me luck.

Susanne has a sinus infection, poor thing...feels like the flu!

OK...everyone talk a lot, so when i finish working i can look forward to LBT chatter!

xoxox

Rehearsal finished and I'm pooped. 2 and a half hours of singing is a bit much for this old lady. I'm playing flute on one of the pieces too.

Got to go to a flute rehearsal in the morning for a couple of hours and then choir in the evening. Ethan comes at 12:30 tomorrow. I hope to get the pool fired up so I can get in it in the afternoon sometime before choir.

TracyK.. you ok?? You're not saying much..

I'm going to go watch tv and then head to bed. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Hi girls,

Man, things at work have been insane yesterday and today. This damn hurricane is making my life HELL. Had to reschedule a field trip (hotels, cars, restaurants, air) that I planned for 15 geologists flying from all around the country to CO/UT...what a PITA. I have so much work stacked up on my desk it's just insane.

Hurricane is threatening mom's memorial service and I have cousins flying in from CO and FL saying they'll come whether it's hell or high water....which makes me real nervous! I guess we'll have to decide by Wed. noon whether or not to reschedule it. :thumbup: I'd hate to do that.

***Best Chick Flick of All Time*** is THE NOTEBOOK!! Hello!?!

I've never seen "The Notebook". I've had people tell me about it.

Baby Boom, American President and Dave are all ones I love to watch over and over.

Suzanne, love the new avatar.

Jane, with the age (and intelligence) of some of the hostesses these days, if you are over 30 you are a senior!!!

My SIL has been totally gray headed since she was in her very early 30's, and I mean GRAY/white headed. All 3 of Ricks siblings were totally gray before 35. His brother also went bald, so he shaves his head, and his sister in Denver dyes hers pale blonde---we tease her that she is the only person in the world who darkens her hair to be a platinum blonde!!! But his sister here leaves hers gray----and she is ALWAYS getting senior discounts and throwing hissy fits. In a lot of places 50+ gets you the discount and she turns 60 in a few days so she ought to just take the discount and be quiet, but that is not her style. Then just to be perverse, if they do not offer it, she asks for it! Go figure!!! LOL----

OK girls I have a new addiction! A&W root beer. Ice cold, and creamy......shame on me!!! On a good note, the remainder of the chocolate covered cheesecake is still intact and in the freezer.

I'm not doing any real industrious projects. I painted peg board in the shop...wooohooo!!!

And in my bedroom, I am simply changing out color schemes! Not getting new furniture or anything! I DID wash windows, and deep clean in there like has needed to be done for ages!!! I am stuck though. One window is over the head of the bed. We have blinds and curtains both on the windows to make it dark----but the bed is so close to the wall I cannot get the old curtains down nor the new ones up....without some muscle for help!

The old bedroom was done in lots of blues---which went with the old carpet----but when we replaced the carpet in the kids old rooms, we went ahead and had it placed in all the bedrooms, and it is a pale sage green. It is the same style of carpet, same plush, etc as that in the the main part of the house but it is a pale taupe color. I chose them both, and they look great blending, the only room I had yet to redo was ours!

So I found the quilt I wanted....and it is done in greens---several shades of the mossy, sage color.....and in yellows and golds. So I am revamping, the wall hangings, etc. Not much of a project really, I am just absolutely thrilled, I got all the items I really wanted, I did not settle for them, but I got them all CHEAP!!!

Terry, I am so sorry this hurricane is heading your way when you least need something like that to happen. I think you are approaching it the right way though, waiting til you know more to make the call. It is difficult for those traveling, but if it is something you have to cancel, likely the airlines would cancel them anyway.

TracyK---you guys making arrangements like last time for this one?

How about you Haydee? Tell us all about your trip!!!

Laura, I wanna see the email too!!! I know you are spending the evening writing it in your head, and perfecting it!! I would be too!!

Judy I am surprised you have any voice left after so much practice!!

Jenn, hang in there, and don't let him walk all over you, don't forget that now you are mad!!!

Pamela, still loving your new kids? My cousin said she is off to an awesome year too, she is loving it so far---told me "this is why I do this job!"

TracyKS---what did YOU think of your Soup? Or are you too full to type? DH still fuzzy faced??

Michelle--glad you made it to the Dr, and back in the nasty weather!

I know I am missing someone....my brain is fried. I am wanting to call Rick but it is an hour ahead, and I know he is sleeping.....so I shouldn't, but I wanna! I miss having him here to talk to.......and move the bed for me! LOL

See y'all in the mornin'!!

Kat

Hey V's~

OMG...I have worked on my diss from 3:15 until 8:10 pm. I did manage to eat a boat load of food, and pop over here from time to time. I am fried!

But all the quantatative data is analyzed and now so is the qualitative data is too! My goal is to start writing it out tomorrow (am already a day or two behind).

Oooo yeah, the Notebook, aaahhh! My friend and I sat here and cried and cried. We got tired of getting up for tissue, ended up bringing the roll of TP to the couch! I loved that movie. Wanna talk tear jerker...Broke Back Mountain. I cried so hard, I couldn't leave the theater for 10 min, then went to the car and had a ciggy before leaving and cried some more. That scene w/ the two shirts makes me tear up even now!

Gonna watch the rest of bb and play scrab. I should get off the puter, but that is not gonna happen.

Have a great night!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

I know I saw the notebook, but I can't remember what its about now!!

Aw Jane, I wouldn't think you qualify, no where near!!

Keep BBK in your thoughts & prayers, if none of ya'll meander on the boards she's goin through some bad crap right now.

BB must come on every friggin day, you guys always talkin about it. Big brother, right??

I looked at the fall line up coming up, everything starts in the next 3 weeks, I am sooo excited, I forgot how much tv I use to like-with them being gone so long, I wrote down at least 20 shows to make sure tivo is recording them.

Good Morning, Violets..

Well, the furnace came on this morning.. brrrrrrrrrrrrr The temp right now is 38. I let Jetta out and checked all my plants. They are doing ok, thank goodness. I have lots of hibicus that are loaded with buds and ready to bloom and didn't want to lose them. My pool is down to 78 so time to crank up the heater today. The Bobster is going to do that for me when I go to my rehearsal this morning.

Gotta go get dressed and get ready for that so I'll make this a quick one. Suzie... great new avatar!!

Terry... hope all goes well with the memorial service today. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Daughter Kristin went for her monthly appointment yesterday and all is going well with the pregnancy. I think it's going to be a boy. The doctor told her if she believes all the wife's tales, that it's going to be a boy. If it's a girl I'll be delighted, but we have a long history of boys in our family. Kris is the only girl in the Case family since her greatgrandparents.

Everyone have a great day.. (((hugs))) Terry.

Buenos Dias Violetas~

I am pooped...and it is 5:50am! I've got Lucy on and she is not giving me the jolt she did yesterday!

Not much going on...settling into the routine nicely. Yes, Kat...I love my kiddos this year, so far! They are great, sweet and I am enjoying the grade and pace of instruction. I am very busy at work which makes the day FLY by! The kids leave at 1:50 pm...and I am usually going home by 2:30 or 3. On Thursdays, I'll stay late and make all the plans for the following weeks...and the copies.

I need to workout, feel it everywhere. I will get back on it soon. My goal (sorry if I am boring ya'll w/ the diss talk...just skip ahead) is to have ch. 4 and 5 done by Oct. 3rd. My chair person is in Greece until then. She sent all her students an email and said "I hope to see some chapters when I get back". How is that for motivation!

Have a great day...I am zoning out on Lucy and need to put my face on.

Happy Hump Day, Ladies...

Not much to report on today... just a regular day... work, housework, running kids to activities... DD is going to audition for the HS production of "Annie" today, so that's something new...

Keep on keepin' on, girls!! ((hugs))

Good Moring!

SUZIE: I LOVE The new avatar!!!!

Kat: Yes still fuzzy faced.. blech

I am painting the kitchen this weekend.. just white on the upper half of the walls.. also another cote of poly on the upper cabinets.

Jenn: YES PLEASE, I would love that recipe.

Terry: HUGS woman.. and can you still accept paypal payments?

Jane: LOL!!!! (and yes I know right where you are staying)

TracyK: How ya doing? I have not been to DQ all week!

My Soup was pretty good... the Beans were a little hard, but I'm guessing I needed to soak them for 2 days instead of one, but everyone seemed to like it.

My ta ta's are poking out of my bra and shirt today...... I've tried pinning the v neck shut but the only thing I have on hand is a UNITED WAY pin! and that seems like it would cause more of a distraction! LOL

182 again today

Judy - Memorial service is Saturday, right when the hurricane is supposed to make landfall. Latest reports say it's going south of here, so it might be ok.

Tracy - Yes, you can make a paypal payment (to my regular email address at gmail).

Hope you all have a good day. Gonna be another crazy one here.