Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

TracyK, got home late, and read your email hope you are feeling better, I did read somewhere that Blizzards help with the flu...

Jane

Is it wrong to hope I get the flu??
Thanks for the advice. Terri I will check into that. I actually don't know what Mexico uses in the band to fill you but I will be calling to find out and then do a research on a Dr who does it that way. Where are you from? My friend and I have had a really hard time finding a Dr who would even treat us in the states because we had surgery in Mexico...go figure. I am also waiting for my Dr (in my state) to call me to see what percent of a chance he thinks its a real leak. I will ask him at that time if he can use what you recommend to fill me to see what happens.

Thanks

Shannon

All bands are filled with saline...i doubt yours is any different. I had to sign about 3 forms to consent to Omnipaque in my band. I think you'd know if you had anything else but saline.

I'm in Houston. My doctor won't treat Mexico patients either...it's very common, unfortunately. But if it's just a question of a fill, that might be different.

Buenos Dias Violetas~

TGIF!!!

Today I only teach until 1:50! I love Fridays. It makes such a difference when I know that in the morning.

Well, this afternoon we have the garage door guy coming to do some adjustments on the garage door, then probably gonna go see a movie. Then tomorrow...we get to trudge into LA in the rain to see GARTH!!! He will be on TV tonight, LIVE, on CBS from the Staples Center @ 9pm if anyone is interested. That is where I will be tomorrow to see him. He is doing 5 concerts in 2 days all to benefit the Fire victims. Our concert is at 1pm!!! Should be great.

Other than that...pretty boring in my neck of the woods. Have a great day!

xoxoxoxxoxo

Kat - I'm soooooo jealous...

would love to see him live... of course you need to let us know how great he is

Findingme: When I mentioned OMNIPAque to my doc, he gave me the deer in the headlights look! LOL He is a very good doc, but like all YMMV! He does treat Mexican Banded patients though!

It is SNOWING!!!!!!!! I'm OVER IT! WINTER BE GONE!!!!!!

Good morning violets-

I went ahead and called in sick again today. I have never had to call in sick for a full week before (other than a surgery). Kinda makes me feel bad for not showing up but really, what choice did I have?

Pamela-I am jealous....have fun! By the way, mine was a snickers blizzard :redface:

I have a low grade fever this moning. Macy is fever free for now. She hasn't had a fever since about 2 yesterday. I am really praying that this mess is overwith for her! This flu bug is so hard to get rid of!

Have a great day ya'll :)

Tracy - I'm sorry you are still sick, but I'm glad that you are home and taking it easy, that is the only way you would be better

off to get the caterpillars removed from my eyes. LOL

Good morning!

Shannon - my doctor treats Mexican patients and fills with Omnipaque if you request it. I have had one fill with Omnipaque and it feels so much better. I'm not super tight but I'm at a good spot for now. I'm also in Houston. Where are you at?

Last night I went to dinner at Juan's mom's house. They were having tortas, which is a big Mexican sandwich. The bread is chewy, not soft. I thought, uh oh, how am i gonna do this. Surprisingly I was able to take little bites, chew very well and I ate about half of it. Awesome! Love my band!

TGIF V's!!!

Tip o' the day...

Are you living?

Is there a dance in your life?

Are you moving, growing, risking, taking the challenges of dangerous paths?

In the acceptance of the danger,

in the acceptance that anything can happen any moment,

life comes to its best, to its fullest.

My flights for NY are booked for the business trip. They now offer non-stop flights to NYC, I'm amazed (and much happy), but they don't offer direct flights BACK to here.

Now, I'm thinking about the weather. I don't have any BIG COATS or.. snow.. stuff. Jennifer is it snowing up there?? We're going to be going around Plainview, NYC, Armonk, and some other nearby cities I don't remember.

I come home on Valentine's day around 2:30, I thought it'd be later so told DH it gives him extra time to do something romantic lol. Now I just told him plans back on, he has to take me somewhere nice!

Laura - boy are you in for a culture shock. No snow right now but last year V-day we got 2 feet of snow... and cold... yup... starts to warm up a bit ... may hit 40...

I usually wear an unlined quilted jacket, but scarf and gloves are the key for me staying warm. Hope that helps.

So, I'm back from my appt. I love lisa, my hair girl, but she told me a story and I just started crying.

My dad was in the other day to get his hair cut. Aparently, he was telling me how proud of me he was and how I had a totally screwed up childhood and he did the best he could but he is just so proud. she felt bad, and her eyes filled up telling me...so here we are both balling our eyes out... I told her it would be really nice if he told me that and stopped talking to me like I was 2.

We both laughed when she said oh... he is like that with everyone, I thought it was just me... nope... that's my dad.

I'm going to make a Protein Shake and have Breakfast, I think I might beable to get it down now. Mom finished my chili last night so I'm not sure what i'm going to do for lunch... something hight protein... so nice being full again and loosing. when tom is gone i hope to be in onderland... so close and moving in the right direction again

Hi Vi's~~

Just a quick pop-n... another busy day... but wanted to share that I hit a new low today... 241.4... it's going down, down, down again! Why do our bods do this to us?? Sometimes the weight flies off... sometimes we can't get it to budge... Guess I'll just be thankful and try to keep it going as long as I can!! I can smell the 230s!! Remember how excited TracyKS was when she was about to hit them?? & now here I am!! Amazing!! I have no conscious memory of ANY weight below 250... so all this is like a DREAM!!

My band ROX!

go michelle!!!!!!!!!!:redface: YOU ROCK!!!

:):Banane20::lol::Banane20::tt1::Banane20::hurray:Michelle!! Congrats! I don't know what you mean when you speak of weight "flying off" but I'll take your word for it. I cheated today and peaked at the scale 249! Man...I've been sooo good. I put on a pair of jeans this morning that was soooo funny. I was swimming in them...those and a shirt all went to the "bag". But the scale is evil I tell you. Oh well...Still proud of the obvious changes in my body. I am the slowest loser ever...but at least I am a loser! HAHAHA:lol::redface::):conehead::conehead:omg A CONEHEAD SMILIE! Too funny!

You're right michelle-the 23something is right around the corner...success feels great huh? Good Job!!

Congrats Michelle!!!

After my Tunica trip, I'm stalling again.. eep. And I ate the other 1/2 of my cake last night, and then DH's piece (he forgot about it..)

I need to get back in gear. Someone smack me!!

Got this e-mail, thought it was cute..

<STRONG>A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb.