Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Gina---I just ask on the other thread why it was you weren't going...now I know. Wish you were though!!! Your post hit home with me too. I am always putting things off for when the time is right! My Grandpa (Dad's Dad) always told me that all you had to do to be happy was just do it! It was a choice. He was such an amazing man! My Grandma had Alzheimers, when she was originally sent to California to be diagnosed, they had less than 20 confirmed cases nationwide----23 years later when she died, there were support groups of millions! My Grandpa took such good care of her! He would kiss her on the forehead, and she would look at him like she had never seen him before, I can only imagine how his heart hurt. For years they thought she had a mental block. And treated her for mental illness, he fought it, he kept at those Dr.'s until it was figured out. My Dad was 7, his little brother 3, and Grandma was pregnant again. She walked out on the porch as she told a friend goodbye and nodded at something the friend said, and my Dads little brother thought she nodded for him they figure, because he was watching her, then he darted out from behind the car of the visiting woman, in front of another car, who hit and killed him. She of course was totally grief stricken, and ended up losing the baby she was carrying as well. So for years, the Dr.'s all tried to relate it to that. Because she could remember names of kids in her school classes but could not remember how to drive....wierd things. He loved her the way we all deserve to be loved, and he chose to be happy having her in any way.

Well enough rambling--I am off to be bad too--we are meeting Beck & Gary for mexican food--ay yi yi!!!

Thanks for the good post Gina!

Hugs~~

Kat

Wow, I almost missed confession?

OK, well I haven't eaten it YET:rolleyes2: but I am sending dh to get me a blizzard from dairy queen. I feel like death warmed over so I deserve it.

Fairy Tale...........

One day, long, long ago, there was this woman who did not whine, nag, and bitch........

<B>

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d0d96c51c-9aaa-4495-b258-061ff371b2a8%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDE_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a3431313017000000%2540web80201.mail.mud.yahoo.com&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.202&d=d3967&mf=32

But this was a long time ago.....

and it was just ONE day.

The
End

I loved this!!!~~~Kat

</B>

I can not drink anymore Water. I've gotten in over 120 ounces today. I feel it up to my chin. I guess you could say I'm on my own "Float Trip".

Judy- Hubby and I will be on the Rehab Floor. We will be around the patients getting them what they need, filling their water pitchers and taking them their dinner trays. I am so looking forward to it. I did this same thing about 10 years ago with my Mom. Although she was in the gift shop while I was working in Rehab.

Everyone have a great evening.

Okay ladies ....need your advice. I posted about my fill disappering. I talked to my surgeon in Mexico and he wants me to come for a port evaluation. If my port is leaking it will cost $850.00 to fix it. My insurance covers nothing for the band. I was filled to 2cc on tues (after the loss of 3cc) and I feel no restriction....well a tad bit but I can EAT! There are two tests that they can give me to see if my port is leaking. If they feel its not then they will just give me a fill and I can go home the next day. If it is then the surgery can be the same day with me flying home the next day.

What would you do? Everytime I go to my Dr (in my state) its costs me $200.00 and in a way I hate to waste that since it could be the cost of my ticket.

Advice!!!!!!!!

Shannon

Okay ladies ....need your advice. I posted about my fill disappering. I talked to my surgeon in Mexico and he wants me to come for a port evaluation. If my port is leaking it will cost $850.00 to fix it. My insurance covers nothing for the band. I was filled to 2cc on tues (after the loss of 3cc) and I feel no restriction....well a tad bit but I can EAT! There are two tests that they can give me to see if my port is leaking. If they feel its not then they will just give me a fill and I can go home the next day. If it is then the surgery can be the same day with me flying home the next day.

What would you do? Everytime I go to my Dr (in my state) its costs me $200.00 and in a way I hate to waste that since it could be the cost of my ticket.

Advice!!!!!!!!

Shannon

Depends on how accurate the tests are...if my port was leaking, I'd have surgery in a hot second to fix it. I love my band!!!!

By the way, although I ate too many calories, (not bad stuff, just too many calories), I am proud to say that I exercised for 30 minutes on my daughters treadmill burning 153 calories!!! Like Pamela says - "wooofreakinghoo!!!!" :lol:

Evening, Violets..

It's me, the crispy haired hot tubber. Its 9 degrees out and 103 in the hot tub. Stars are out and it's beautiful out there. A cold bugger getting in, but soooooooo nice getting out. At least once the hair thaws out!

We're headed downstate for granddaughter Mara's birthday this weekend. It's a 5 hour drive and DD and DSIL are going with us. They'll be driving so the bobster and I can read and sleep and act like the old farts.

I will try and access the site at the hotel. We're going to grandson Everett's hockey game Saturday morning, then to Chuckie cheese for lunch.hope there's something we can eat there! and then home Saturday evening.

I'm headed to bed now. Everyone sleep well and make wise choices tomorrow!!

Advice!!!!!!!!

Shannon

I would call around to find a doctor who would fill it with Omnipaque first, before doing anything else so drastic. If the Omnipaque doesn't do the trick, then go for a port revision (or whatever).

If you need more info on fills done with Omnipaque, you can call my Dr's office (Dr. Spivak) and one of the nurses will be happy to talk with you...they're great. Dr Spivak has been doing this longer than any US doctor. He was part of the original FDA trials and has proctored many, many doctors. He's been using Omnipaque for disappearing fills with no problems whatsoever.

Hi guys

1.25 is most definately my sweet spot. I got my fill tuesday and I'm so very content with mushie food. Today I had 2 Protein Shakes (1/2 c. each) and 1/2 cup mushie chili. I can take big sips of Water but not chug it. TOM arrived early this month and I don't even care... don't want to eat, but i'm getting lots of Protein. This is what I needed to get my ass back on track. I'm going to do this as long as possible then add back in my tuna and eggbeaters like I did th last time. Yup... eggs are my friend..

As for advice... I would fix my band in a hot second too.... I love it!

I am an idiot!!!!!!!!

I totally forgot to give my Wednesday tip of the day!!!! It was a good one too!!!!! I have some stockpiled, and this really fit the mood on Wednesday!!! Sorry!!!! Maybe that is why our Wednesday just felt kind of empty!! I am to blame and take full responsibility!!!

Jane

I booked tonight for the trip!!

Shannon, I think I would follow Terrys advice first. You know it makes me mad that we have to pay when the item is defective!

TracyK, got home late, and read your email hope you are feeling better, I did read somewhere that Blizzards help with the flu...

Jane

TracyK~ My kinderd sister. I told myself on Tuesday, if I worked out everyday, I could have a Blizzard on Sunday. I don't know about you, but my fav is choc. w/ extra Heath Bar!!! And guess what...except for the Cobb sal and some bread, oh yeah...a Jolly Rancher candy...I've been pretty darn good. So I am gonna get one! Blizzards make everyone happy:biggrin:

There was this woman next to us at dinner and she ordered fried ice cream for dessert.......they brought this platter (like a full meal comes on!) In the center was the huge ball of fried ice cream, and it was surrounded with whipped cream, and chocolate sauce and caramel sauce drizzled around on it.....I resisted!!! I had a fudgesicle when I come home!!! Felt better for it, but boy did it look good!!!

Well I have to go to bed. Rick built a fire that is roasting me alive---I feel like the wicked witch......I'm Melting......

Kat

Thanks for the advice. Terri I will check into that. I actually don't know what Mexico uses in the band to fill you but I will be calling to find out and then do a research on a Dr who does it that way. Where are you from? My friend and I have had a really hard time finding a Dr who would even treat us in the states because we had surgery in Mexico...go figure. I am also waiting for my Dr (in my state) to call me to see what percent of a chance he thinks its a real leak. I will ask him at that time if he can use what you recommend to fill me to see what happens.

Thanks

Shannon