Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

You'll be in my thoughts Jane!

Haydee, I've seen people post on the boards that alcohol loosens the band, but it's opposite for me. It irritates it and makes it hard to eat if I have alcohol with my food.< /p>

Never tried it with my food. It might have the same affect on me if it sits in my pouch. I just notice it when I drink before dinner then sit down to eat.

Just got up from my nap... Ugh, I feel so lazy now... I'm gonna start dinner and then wander outside to pick weeds out of my flower bed...

I eat nachos at the bar, maybe 10 chips worth when I'm drinking, 5 us us share them and usually have lots of leftovers....

I can't eat ... when i eat and i'm drinking it is time for bed because i can't have another sip and i'm so full like Thanksgiving full i want to die... so i eat dinner, and do my house / kid stuff before i even think of a drnk.

Well I am feeling much more positive tonight! I had some late lunch, right after Rick got home, we run down to the little Mexican place here in town we love so much. I ate a taco, and a few bites of Beans and a few bites of papas----less than 1/4 cup combined----but ate it all with no pain, and no vomiting. So I am feeling confident, I had just not allowed enough time for the swelling to subside. What a relief I feel at eating normally again! I kept the amount small, and I chewed like CRAZY!!! I come home and have had 2 more bottles of Water, and am feeling quite normal!

Thank you so much for all the happiness today! It still seems kind of unreal. On the way out of the restaurant, Rick tells me "it's about time for new pants, those are too big" And they are!!! I might actually get happy about this yet!!

Jane, my grand total is in my ticker. My start weight was 289, and I lost about 6 pounds the 10 days before surgery on my pre op diet, the rest has just slowly come off. I was 184 the day of my TT, and it has been a wierd up and down ever since! I am still swelling pretty bad especially at night, or when I mess with it---like if I wear tight pants over that muscle ridge, it swells instantly! Or when the Dr. probes around, it puffs right on up--but like to get up first thing in the morning, he says is the best indicator of what the final result will be, and it is smooth, and I have mostly equal curves. Still seems strange not to have a belly!!

I seldom drink, although that was not the case in Gruene!!! So I have not really explored how it hits my band. Hmmmmmm does that mean a case study needs to be done????

Well the sun is setting so we are off to buck bales----guess I will burn some calories since I managed to take them in!!! I honestly plan on driving though----not bucking. I usually take advantage and work it, but just gonna take it easy today. Rick is even talking about going out, and opening gates and all, and observing, not doing---what a shock, but he is coming down with a cold, and does not feel good himself. I would be SOOOOO happy if he would actually do that!! I mean we sold the hay in the field, they are responsible for the pick up----but he usually helps and one of us is always there to watch our irrigation system does not get run over or ruined in any manner. I am goign to encourage the watch idea!!!

Well I am August Ms. Denny's......so it is only fitting this is when I meet goal. I picked my goal weight, because it is the high end of normal. I am no longer even considered overweight by the BMI scale, I am now high end normal. Probably only normal thing about me truth be known!!! Only way I think I want to be normal!!

Such a relief girls not to feel my stomach!!! Sounds silly, but for the last several days I could feel it all the time, it hurt, it burned, and I was just uncomfortable, not in serious pain, mostly just nauseated, and a feeling of discomfort----and now gloriously nothing----just like it is supposed to be!!! YAY!!! That means I do not have to drink any more Ensure in the morning. Whew!!!

Will check in when we get back....

Kat

That's great news, Kat. Honestly, I was concerned. I'll bet you just had a plain ol' bug. You have much to be happy about today! :-) ((Hugs!))

Hidey Ho Girlies...

Just back from taking my friend out for coffee for her birthday cuz' her family did basically squat for her... and on the drive over to SB... we decided that 'ritas would be much more medicinal for her... so we went downtown to a fun mexican spot & had margies & chips for 3 hours!!... I think this is the first time I've felt this "relaxed" since Gruene... & trust me, I'm no where NEAR as relaxed as that!! But the edge is definitely off... We just drank & bitched abuot unappreciative husbands & children... didn't solve the problems of the world... but felt good to vent & laugh...

Getting out of the parking garage was a HOOT... long funny story... but I bet it's just funny to the two of us who were there...

Then my friend asks me when the last time I was "falling down drunk"... and she immediately says for her it was back in High School... & I say "May in Texas... I literally fell down... & then laughed and laughed about it..." so she said that she wishes she could be part of our group & that she had a gall bladder surgery scar that she could say was a band surgery scar!! HA HA HA!

Ok... off to bed... have to be up early for soccer in the a.m.... & then bake biscotti for 60 staff members for Monday morning!!

Smooches!!

Congrats on your pregnancy Laura!

Kat congrats on reaching your goal....

I'll need some time to catch up on all of the posts, but between moving, enjoying my grandsons, and dealing with some serious issues with my oldest daughter, I haven't been around much online....You are all in my thoughts and I wish I could be here to post, but I have to take care of myself and my family right now....I'll try to post once a week so that you all don't forget about me. :biggrin:

Here are two recent pictures of my grandsons...these babies are the joy of my life...being a Grandmother is the most amazing thing I've ever felt in my life...I didn't realize I could love 2 little boys so darn much....

IMG_1777.jpg Dimitri - 9 weeks old

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1757-1.jpgBlake 13 weeks old :smile:

This one cracks me up! I don't know what it is with these boys sticking their tongues out at me....maybe because I stick mine out at them? LOL

IMG_1784.jpg

OK, this should make it an even 1,300 posts... can't go to bed on an uneven number...

Good Night!!

They are TOO CUTE, Denise!!

Darn it... now it's uneven again... 1,301... oh well... goodnight!!!

Denise, they are adorable!!! You must have known you would be posting so many adorable pics to choose your name!!! j/k we all know you are adorable too!!!

Michelle, glad you had a chance to unwind and have fun with your friend, we all need that from time to time. I think it is time!!!

Well I looked around, and it looks like my flight is going to be about $500.00. More than I had hoped! Gonna keep watch and see if I can catch it any cheaper, and check with my DD see if she has any deals she can get. Some friends of ours just opened a travel agency as well, so might call them and see what they could do for me, or at least put them on the watch as well.

We did not lift a single bale of hay!!! Glory BE!!! We opened gates, and hung around, and Rick rode the trailer for awhile talking to his friend stacking the hay---I played with my grandson, and we come home! Was the easiest hay I ever did!!!

He got the second coat of paint on the shop floor, now we have to wait for it to dry to begin the wiring, etc. It will have phone lines and cable as well, so lots of wiring to do!! Heaven forbid he should miss a football game while he is working on a bike!!!

Well Iam off to bed. See y'all tomorrow!!

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up early all dressed for church. Just have to curl my hair and put on my make up. Got 25 fruit kebobs made last night and will finish up the rest at church. It's 55 degrees right now and looking more and more like Fall.

Denise.. your grandsons are precious. LOVE the tongues!! Prayers and purple power to you in your family struggles right now.

Jane..prayers and purple power also to you and your family for the court date.

Michelle....am I gonna be rooming with a lush??? I'll be the designated roomie..

I better get on my way so I can trowel on the makeup! Everyone have a great day!!

TracyK... you ok???? Thinking about you this morning.

Denise - your babies are precious!!! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers --I've had kid troubles, too and I feel your pain. Your kids and grandkids are so very lucky to have a mom/granny like you. I hope the clouds lift soon.

Judy - How many kabobs did you eat last night? LOL It's hard for me to imagine fall coming so soon....we're a good 2+ months away from weather like that.

Jane - Wow...that sure sounds stressful. Please take good care of yourself during this time and check in often...we'll be worried about you! Are you still enjoying your Wii?

Kat - I just keep thinking about you waking up with your flat tummy! Lol... Gee, I wonder what that feels like?! Sometimes I think I'll never know! Me thinks it's time for another fill.

TracyinKS - uh, where the heck are YOU?

Haydee - been meaning to ask -- do you have a website for your wedding venue? How do ya'lll advertise? Looking forward to dinner and I LOVE Red Onion!! I think I can get there for about 6:00....ok? :-D Yum! Wish Tracy could join us!

TracyK - Whatchu doin' today? It's actually kind of nice outside right now! WTF??

I'm determined to get some jewelry made today. Then off to see my mom a little later. I can't believe what an absolute SLUG I was yesterday. I did NOTHING worthwhile. Even took a 3 hr nap. Interestingly enough, I didn't graze all day like I normally would...even had cottage cheese for dinner. Maybe Kat has inspired me. We'll see if I can do it again today. DH is off to play golf (again) and then running errands -- won't be home til late afternoon! Nice quiet weekend around here.

Burnt to a crisp, my nose is so sore. You would think if you had a good tan that the sun couldn't burn you again. Well it can. Not sure if I'm going to do any pool time today. We'll see.

Looks like I'm gonna tear my bedroom apart today and do a real good cleaning. Maybe even get rid of some clothes that no longer fit. I hate to part with them but it does make me feel better.

Jane, last night Hubby and I went with the neighbors to go shot some pool and have a few drinks. I wore my new shirt and got all kinds of compliments. Thanks for helping me pick it out. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Judy, So excited for you about getting the heater. I promise you will love it, it will be so worth it.

Denise, What beautiful little boys. I first noticed them sticking their tongues out too. That is too cute.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs.

I'm all dolled up and ready to hit the road for the church. Terry.. I ate a couple of grapes while making the kebobs last night and that was a mistake. Why the heck is there skin on those delicious things?? Now my problem today will be staying away from the donut holes offered along with the fruit. Oh, and the butter mints.. hmmmmmmm tempted in church, now that's a novel thought.

Catch ya'll later!!

Good morning everyone~

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers. I just needed a few extra and I knew I could count on ya'll.

Wow, Macy starts school tomorrow. My band has been so tight lately (a good thing) probably cause I am stressed about her going to school. Funny, huh?

Michelle-sounded like you had fun with your friend! But the most important thing is...were the margaritas good? lol

Terry-dh is working that day you & haydee are going to eat. If h was off I would have gone. Maybe next time?

Judy-I love ribs. Could you ship me some with extra BBQ Sauce please :biggrin:

Kat-glad you are feeling better! That must have sucked! But it sure did get you to goal, right? lol

Denise-cute babies! (((hugs))) for you!

To everyone else....have a great day. I was going to type more but I will have to do it when I am not in such high demand....