Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning girls,

Well I am a bit scared, and need you all to be praying for me and my band. I cannot eat without feeling terribly sick to my stomach! I am hoping it is still residual swelling from the virus I had, but you know how it is, everything that could cause harm causes me to be afraid!

I did not eat much of anything yesterday, sipped on slushie all day thinking the cold would help with the swelling, tried to eat dinner, and hold it down for as long as possible to get some nutrition, and it didn't stay down. So this morning, I did something I said I would never do again-----I had an Ensure for Breakfast. And it has stayed down, I feel no pain, no back up nothing. Following chemo and living on Ensure for so long, I swore I would never let the stuff pass my lips again!!!

But, this is a day I thought I would Celebrate, and instead I am a bit fearful of it. I woke up this morning to see my goal weight on the scale. I did it. I realize now, I do need to lose a bit more, maybe another 10 pounds--------wish I could choose where to lose it from!!! But all in all, I did it. I am at my goal weight. BUT I lost the last several pounds in just 2 days, because I am not eating! That is not healthy! I have maintained the course ever since being banded, that my priority was health--not just weight loss, and not eating, is not healthy. So I seriously want to maintain my health, and not get this far only to be puny!!!

So wish me luck!!!!

Shop looks amazing!!! Rick got part of the floor painted last night. I have a feeling we will not be going anywhere, and y'all will see a lot of me, as he is going to be working out there all the time!!! He has wiring to do (my Dad is an electrician so that helps), and shelving to install, and his air compressor to install, he has grand plans!!! He is soooo happy with it though!

Well I am going to go yard saling with a friend. We don't get together often, she and her DH just split up and divorced suddenly not long ago, and he and Rick were good friends. He moved back to Ohio. They were the ones who own the ice cream shop I refer to. Anyway she called and ask me this morning if I wanted to go with her---so I figured why not!!

I am so PROUD of your first outside sale Terry----now you know for sure it is not just your friends telling you how good you are, you really do have amazing talent!! Yay You!!

Will be back in awhile......

Kat

Congratulations Kat!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2::svengo::party::lol: :cornut: :eek: :tongue: :Banane43::eek:

:woot::woot::woot:

Kat, Congrats on making your goal weight. That has to be so exciting. Sorry your not feeling well, did you try sipping something warm? Maybe that will get some of the swelling down.

TracyK, You are in my prayers. Hope that what ever it is that is going on will become better for you.

Just got home from work and will wait a little while for the sun to pop out some more before I head to the pool. Need to get some more exercising in, need to make up for the handlefull of oreo Cookies I just ate.

Everyone have a great weekend and will talk at you soon.

Kat.. CONGRATS on making your goal!!! Just hope you feel better to enjoy it!! Woooo hoooooooooo our first Violet at goal. Now how many of us will be at goal by June 25th??????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yup.. I made the right decision. It's thundering and pouring down rain right now. Even if it clears up by 6 it will be way too wet to have anything outside and I don't have room for 20 people in my house. I barely have room for 2!! I gotta say though, my backyard is my pride and joy. We planted some more mums and dahlias and daisies. The Bobster wants to get a little tree to put in his area and then I think we're done for the year. I say that knowing I can't pass by a plant on sale at this time of year!!

Now I have 2 weeks before the choir party and we can get the back deck and patio stained and the big pile of brush burned and hopefully my pool heated before people arrive.

I got in the pool today even though the Water temp was 78 and the air temp was 88. It felt good after working in the yard and I stayed in until the skies clouded up. Then I sat under the gazebo while the storm started and just listened to the rain and gazed at all my flowers. I just love it out back.

TracyK.. purple power and prayers going your way.

I'm going to go take a little nap and listen to the rain. Catch you later!!

Congrats Kat!! And you and your band will be in my prayers, hopefully it's nothing.. maybe just the excitement of being to goal???

Well I am home....we left to go yard saling, hit 2 of them, I bought little Tball bats for Connor. Rick is playing on the company softball team again--- me too for that matter---but anyway, he sees us and he wants to play, so I bought him 3 little bats, one aluminum, one wood, and one foam covered one, so if he cannot behave with the others he will still have a bat. We looked at one other, and then we said to heck with it, and went and got us a slushie, sat at Sonic in the car and yacked for awhile, then decided to be proactive, so we went to the Riverwalk, and walked for a couple of miles, we did the short loop and it is just under 2 miles. It is a shaded, walk way along the Animas River, you cross on foot bridges at the end for the short loop---or you can do a full 5 miles.....or for that matter we could have walked all the way home....but we didn't!!! That was like 14 miles! I used to do a 20 mile walk once each summer for the March of Dimes when I was young, don't think I could do it again. And to think at the time my only concern was to look good, and how to avoid only getting sunburned on one side of my body!!! Now I would fret about my shoes, and comfort first!! LOL

Thanks for the good wishes, it seems unreal. For over 2 years I have had this for a goal, and now it is here, it is kind of anticlimatic.....dunno why.

My Ensure stayed down, and I have had 2 bottles of Water, and some slushie. I just took one of Kinsey's Bugles out of the bowl she left and ate it.....so far so good.

Got the rest of Rick's paint while I was in town, so he can finish painting his floor. When it comes to his shop---my DH is a neat freak. He wants to be able to clean any spills, not have them soak in, or stain! He is VERY good about cleaning up after himself in general, but when working, he is overboard!!! LOL

TracyK--hoping and praying all is well with you --- hang in there girl!

Suzanne--I sure do wish you were going with us, is there a problem we could help with in any way??

Well I was going to get all my personals done, but Rick just pulled up, so I am going to catch him to unload the car!!!

BBL~~

Kat

Yay Kat!! I'm so glad you got your goal but I wish that it was under better circumstances... Try warm stuff like Suzie said...

Also.....I keep forgetting to ask ya'll but have ya'll ever noticed that your band gets considerably looser with alcohol? I had noticed it and when I asked my sister she said she had noticed it too but didn't want to say anything to me about it. Not saying that's a good thing but just an observation. If I drink two martinis it's like if my band isn't even there. Have no clue why...

TracyK - everything ok? Thinking about you today. You're in my prayers...

It's sooooo hot here today. We've been avoiding going outside day. I think we're gonna wait until late late late today to go outside and work on the yard. My shades aren't even open. I feel like i'm hibernating, LOL...

Terry - what say you about meeting up? How's next week looking for you??

Haydee - That'd be great!! But the only day I can do it is Thursday. How's that look for you?

I'm just plain ol' bored today. Kids are gone, DH was golfing, already made a silver Bracelet, no money to go shopping with. Hmmmph! Guess I could go read a book but then I'd just fall asleep! DH and I might go check out a furniture liquidation later on. (Haydee & TracyK -- did ya'll hear Fingers is liquidating??)

Maybe I'll just go take a nap..... zzzzzzzz

:tongue:

Congratulations, Kat!!

:lol:

What an accomplishment!! You DID IT!! You really & truly did it!!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Raise your hand if you're proud of Kat!! :eek:

I need a nap too!! I haven't actually done anything to merit one though!

Thursday sounds good to me Terry! Let's meet somewhere on 290? Maybe Red Onion?

I heard that Fingers was liquidating... I need to stay away though. I need stuff but have money to spend. If I go I will spend money I don't have, LOL... I better go get a chicken out of the freezer. I need to start thinking about what to make for dinner already...

Raising hand high!!! Kat~ you are our muse! I hope you feel great soon. We are so proud of you!

Jane~ You made me LOL for real at the P.O.Box!!! Jane sent me a thank you card for the gum from Europe...with a gift card from DENNY'S!!! OMG, and she said she used her "employee discount" to get the card. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling, haha!

OK...chillin...leaving in a bit for our friends for dinner!

Have a great night!

Ok Kat.. I thought for sure PamELa would do this for you, but it seems she's slipping about a lot of things lately so here they are.. just for you!!!:tongue::Banane20::lol::Banane20::eek:

YAY KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much weight total did you lose?

Just got home from what seemed like a 900 hour work week. It wasn't that I was busy, it just seemed to ddddrrrrraaaaagggg by!!! I am glad I have two days off now.

I am glad you enjoyed your card Pamela, Laura, and Michelle you should be getting one soon too!!!

I have a sad family thing that starts Monday with a pre trial hearing and starts with the real trial the 8th of September. It has been hanging over our head for a long time and postponed a bunch. Now it looks like Monday it will start. Can't stand the pain my family is in, wish I could share the details, but just know I come from a really tight closeknit family, and it involves my moms nephew, my cousin. Just keep family in thoughts and prayers for comfort. This is a no win situation we are facing.

Okay, going to chill from my 900 work week!!

Jane

I got mine, too -- thank you Janie!! How did you EVER know that I enjoy Starbucks?? :tongue: I will savor every drop. You are so sweet. Thank you!!

Judy, I was waiting for Pam to utilize that smilie as well... I specifically saved it for her... those crazy west coast folks...

Ok.. here it is 6:37 and the sun is shining brightly. However, I think I made the right decision to postpone the choir party cause everything is a big wet mess outside right now. People going in and out of my house would have sloshed Water in and made a mess in the house as well. Bob said it's just God saying.. oooops time for a party, guess I'll send the sun.

I have ribs heating in the microwave. We went out for ribs last night and ordered a whole slab to split. Well, there were enough ribs for a family of 20!! We'll be having ribs for the next two meals at least.

After we eat I'll be making 50 fruit kebobs and probably snacking as I'm making them. Good thing I didn't opt to make a cake or Cookies or brownies!! Too much temptation!

Everyone have a good evening. BBL.........