Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Sipping on an ice cold Sonic Slush........mmmmmmm hope it works.

My shop is going up!!!! The floor is down. My $$$ is now in my bank here in town. I ask the teller if a manager was available. I told her what had happen, she told me they always take those in line before closing time. I just kind of looked at her for a minute---and I do mean a minute---I drug it out staring at her. Finally I told her "Well that just made up my mind, I want to close my accounts --I want my money in cash, I don't care to do business with people who first off treat me like I was treated yesterday, and then to be told I am lying when I relate what happen to someone in charge." She says to me, I did not say you were lying! I told her she just told me they never do that, and I know damn good and well they did, I just want my money please. And I need to know exactly when each of my CD's will mature, so I can be on the lookout to pull them when that time comes. So the manager is trying to apologize saying she did not mean that, and she would definitely look into it....and gives Kinsey a sucker....and the line is getting long! She tells me they really ought to do this with a cashiers check--I told her No I want cash. She says---really loud, so everyone in the line could hear "Are you comfortable walking around with over nine thousand dollars in cash?" Witch! Then the teller gets all snotty and tells me that I have 6 CD's and why weren't they all in one, so they made more interest? And they all have different maturity dates? I looked at her nicely and told her "it is called laddering---you might look into it" She counted out my money. I carefully stashed it in my purse, under my arm, got Kinsey and we walked out heads held high, purse held tight!!! Come to my bank, and deposited what little was left after having them make me a cashiers check to pay for the shop. And I intend on going in, in person everytime my CD's come up and CASHing them out too!

And I agree Terry, it felt great!!!

I did not have issues with the motel in SA other than I didn't like us all being separated, with that much advance I thought we would all have rooms together....not all over the hotel! I loved the Gruene one as far as when we hit the house it was just us!!

I agree with Judy that SA would have been better with more time. More time to see things on the riverwalk, and to hit the mercado. But we have years--------we will all go back and they will all wonder who that group of skinny women is!! They look kinda like that Denny's group that was so noisy!!!

Oh, the stomach is not liking the slushie. That scares me, I was going to stick to liquids today after all the throwing up yesterday---maybe I am just drinking it too much too fast. Will slow down. I figure I have to be swollen after that. It does not feel like it is backing up in my esophagus it just makes my stomach hurt, and feel nauseated.

Shop is going up quickly!!! It come in, in some pre fabricated panels.....it is wood construction, but like the door jams and the roof parts and all were already assembled and brought in on trucks, and now they are putting all the pieces together. They have lots of guys working, and lots of hammers, and a compressor, Kinsey is fascintated.....me too kinda!

They are a Menonite group doing the build. They are very quiet, and soft spoken, and some have the strange little beards! They are doing construction in slacks and sleeved shirts.

I just looked out and they were getting their lunch boxes out of the truck. So I went out and ask if I could get them something to drink, they both ask for ice water----I told them they were free to clear a spot on the table under the patio, but they just sit in the chairs, and held their lunches!! And they don't really look at me, and call me ma'am!!!!

Rick is frothing at the bit to get home. Of course he has class today---so there was no getting out of it. He wanted to be here for the build! Oh well, when he comes home it will be such a surprise. I almost lied to him and said they hadn't shown up so it would be a really big surprise, but was afraid he would call to find out where they were!! Especially since I egged him on saying if he wanted them called, HE had to do it.......

Well I am going to wander around the house, and see if my slushie will settle down.

Talk to ya later!

Kat

I just tried to eat a wrapini at Jason's Deli.. om nom nom nom. I only was able to get 2.5 tiny bites down, but I never had a wrapini before, I highly endorse it!!

Ironic & odd thing happened today. I'm not really telling my RL friends about the pregnancy yet, I told one coworker friend the minute I found out because I needed to freak out with someone, other than that, just family and LBT'ers!

But I have the wedding in May of my best buddy out in albuquerque.. I can't go now, so I have been debating when to tell her.

Well today at lunch she texts me, the engagement is off.. she thought he wanted kids too, but he doesn't. How ironic is that?

Do any of you know...

All the pregnancy books give estimates of how much more calories you need to be eating (don't diet), etc.

Due to this super tightness, I don't even snack at night anymore, so I'm probably banking MAYBE 500 calories in a day.

It says add about 300 calories, which means I really need to at least hit 1,000 + 300.

It says don't use empty calories to get them= getting fat.

Since I can't get solids to go down, and the thick liquids (slim fast and the like) are very painful and slow to go down.. until my unfill, should I drink things like apple juice, that are high calorie, just to get calories up? It's really a wasted calorie, but since I can't get my calories any other way, is a 'wasted/empty' calorie still a calorie when we're talking about growing a baby?

I got a root beer from lunch so I'd have some calories..

Whew...finally got dh to say I have his "blessing" to go to Alabama instead of "you do not need MY permission". I told him I was not asking his permission....that I wanted his blessing...there IS a difference. I think I got through to him. So, now I only have to listen to the crap off and on for 10 more months. Its doable...and it is SO gonna be worth it!

Ooops!! Was I supposed to ask Richard first?? Forgot that little detail!:P

I think the advice is not to start 'eating for two' until your 2nd trimester....no increase in calories until then. Increase nutritional value of your food, but not calories. Your baby isn't even as big as a bean yet!! You should only gain like 3-4# in your first trimester. Be careful!!

Yes Laura, don't be like my cousin. She found out she was two weeks pregnant and she started wearing maternity clothes ASAP. She started "eating for two" immediately and everytime we have a family function she sits on her ass and doesn't contribute because "she's pregnant". So anyway, she's only four months pregnant and she's gained like 50 lbs because she's "eating for two". I don't want to know how much she's gonna weight at her nine month mark...

Laura - you should go to the nutrition section of the pharmacy or grocery store and get 'booster' drinks like "Ensure"....not apple juice. They'll have all the nutrition you need until you can get some real food in.

Kk.. Well, once I get the unfill I'm just going to eat normal foods and not worry about getting anything extra in (for baby), I'm just worried about the time between now and then... I'm not getting enough calories for ME at this point. It's really bizarre how tight it became all of a sudden. I tried eating a cracker last night, and I felt it 'bouncing' around there for hours, till I finally just spit it up and gave up on it.

I am taking my flintstones, Calcium, and baby Vitamins, and just hoping that ties me over, it was just the lack of calories I am wondering about since the book talked about calories.

Laura-not sure about everyone else but my ob/gyn said no ma'am to juices. Not a good idea. I agree with the others that said not 2 eat more yet. I think with the Vitamins and the Protein Drinks you should have the nourishment part covered. What about yogurt?

Judy is right...calcium...(ice cream) lol

Oh man Laura, you don't need books -- you've got us!! Your friendly neighborhood know-it-all moms & grandmas!!! Too bad we're so shy & don't like to share info!! Hardy har har!! :P

Judy it is TGIS for me!! I work Tuesday thru Saturday. I love having Mondays off so much I don't mind working Saturdays. Now, I have no children or husband/boyfriend at the time so that might make a difference.

Terry will send you money the way I did for the earrings.

Hope everyone is going to enjoy the weekend!!

It's been raining here every day for about 2 weeks.... I wish you could hear this BULLfrog outside my door right now!! The frogs are loving this weather!

"Only" about 5 more weeks of hot weather. Ugh.