Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Tracy, if you think the electricity is gonna go out...turn your AC down low and get the house cool. As I type this, Edward came on the news. Get a cooler w/ tons of ice for milk etc. I am full of good info this morning. Miss Knowitall, lol!

Pam, I feel so lucky to have both my parents still alive. I know I am getting to that age...

I finally got my wii hooked up, you know that button aux? That makes the wii work. I fooled around with it last night to set it up, and exercised a bit, it is a hoot!! But you really feel it. BTW Judy, I did the hula hoop one first just for you, and at the last second it fell down and I lost. Don't know how that could happen!!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Jane

Hi girls~

Hope Laura and TracyKS are having a blast!!

We had a busy weekend. We had Rick's birthday dinner and cake and ice cream yesterday, and we took a long ride---his birthday...his choice of activity! We had to go to the ball field, his company sponsored the Homerun Derby, and he had to be on hand to help hand out trophies, and keep records. Meaning, I told him what to write down and he did it!!! LOL!!! Paperwork has NEVER been his strongpoint, his advancement was made possible through his computer!!! LOL Love him to death but he has paper phobias!

We managed 2 loads of wood over the 4 days off---one from our own property, and then we went out on Sat. and cut and hauled a load in from BLM land. I am so freaking out of shape it is not funny!!! The trek up and down the hill loading that wood I kept repeating to myself, "this is good for me.....this is good for me...." I still breathed like I had ran a mile, and had a back ache from hell---but I told y'all that.

I made a huge (double) German chocolate cake with the coconut/pecan frosting for his birthday---it is both our favorites. But we each had a slice, and a small scoop of ice cream ( luscious and home made....) and sent it all home with my niece! Did not even offer it to my own kids---out of love! There was not tons leftover.....there was over 30 people and that was family!!

My brother, I have told, has some mental disabilities. Well he always fuels at this one station, and when you gt over 8 gallons of fuel you get a free candy bar. Well with his line of work---as a handyman, he goes through that each day, between lawn mowers, weed eaters, blowers, chain saws----so he had this 5 gallon ice cream bucket in his freezer full---not an inch to spare---of candy, we told him to keep it froze til Halloween and hand it out. Nope he included it in Ricks birthday gift. So I have to find a place in my freezer, and I will hand it out! Good Grief, he has no idea how knowing all that candy is a few steps away can be!!!

Kinsey drug me away for a minute, and I forgot to post this----better do it and get busy. My SIL is supposed to take a break and come use my WiFi today sometime, want to make sure the place is clean!!

They are going so far overboard with my inlaws house, and going to make it look much worse in my opinion. She is going to sand and paint their wood kitchen cabinets, because she thinks the dark wood makes it harder for them to see it darkens the house---so she is painting them a light blue and the rest of the kitchen an off white. And the ceiling through the main part of the house is high and has open beams---also dark wood---and she is painting them white with the ceiling. All of this might be ok, but she is not careful, nor neat with her painting, she slops it on, I have been in her houses for years, and she has a pastel thing and uses contact paper like wall paper (I swear) and has never met a neat paint line---there are globs, and smears everywhere, and she does a lot of froo froo stuff, fluffy curtains, and lots of knick knacks to draw the theme together----not something my inlaws need. And she is going through their overstuffed closet, and instead of simply trying to weed some out, she is telling them for every 1 item they keep they need to get rid of 4. I would toss my kid out on her butt for telling me things like that, she has her own house, mine is messy maybe but not horde like pack ratted----she is being a royal PITA----and she is my favorite SIL!!!! She cannot come and visit with her mom and dad, and sit down and talk with them, laugh with them, enjoy them--she has to make it a job. I am staying away. Y'all had no idea taking care of Kinsey was such a "job" did ya!!!!

Talk to ya later!!

Kat

Thank goodness you know it ALL, Dr. Jazzy... where would I be w/out you?? Great ideas... yippee! Thank you!!

Exercise Info from the August Oprah mag:

If you're trying to get out of exercising... remember that there's one consistent finding in health research: Exercise helps you live longer and better.

Five new studies confirm what experts keep telling us: Every little bit of effort counts.

1: It wards off Alzheimer's.

2: It boosts your energy.

3: It slows down aging.

4: It helps manage menopause.

5: It reduces the need for drug treatments (for diabetes, etc.).

Michelle.. when I do a garage sale, I have a poster that has colored stickers on it... ranging from $1 to whatever. Then I just put the corresponding colored sticker on the item. I don't ever price anything with change. If it's worth 25 cents or 50 cents, then it goes in the trash. It's so much easier with just bills. And the bag trick is a good one. People will be stuffing bags with clothing til the bag explodes! And definitely it's worth it. It's amazing what people will buy.

Well, the staff meeting is over, Ethan is here and resting on the couch and Bob got all the plants planted. But it's raining now so I can't go out and finish the project. Also can't sit in the sun and also can't go in the pool. Not a happy camper here!!

But the good part is, there is no Edouard headed my way!! Tracyk... I'll be worrying about you!!!

Gonna go do some wiifit. That will amuse Ethan, I'm sure!

Catch ya later...

skipping a bunch of posts to check in via a little restraunt in SD! I am totally stressed but better now cause the KOA wifi was tooo slow of a connection to do my payroll and my cell had no service.. so I found a little coffee shop in CUSTER sd with wifi and 5 buck coffee! but I'm getting it done and my boss thinks I'm hell on wheels.. he's pretty happy and I get to look out on a very cute bike infested main street while the employees and other bikers look at me oddly all set up with my lap top cell phone and notes! whooohoooo

Kat I thought you were here in sd??? guess I missed it.

oh and right now I'm eating a scone and I'm on my second coffee.. not sugar free... (purchase required for wifi) but it is quick and well worth it.

Hi Tracy!!!!!

Once again I am in avoidance mode!! I told myself I had to clean my bedroom and living room. Am I doing it NOO!!!! I need to so something motivating!!!

Jane

Tracy, if you think the electricity is gonna go out...turn your AC down low and get the house cool. As I type this, Edward came on the news. Get a cooler w/ tons of ice for milk etc. I am full of good info this morning. Miss Knowitall, lol!

Thanks Pamela! LOL, I love getting tips on hurricane preparedness from someone living in Cali! LOL You crack me up! :thumbup::lol:

LOL, that is pretty funny huh? I have never been in a hurricane, but we have rolling blackouts here, so I know about no electricity. Well, the advice about the garage sale was pretty good. OK...off to solve other problems of the world. LOL

Hi girlies!! How was everyone's weekend?

Hi Tracyk!! How have you been?? Is it raining over there yet? Hope you don't get hit with anything serious...

Jane - all weekend long I planned on tackling this huge mound of clothes that I have to sort through. It's was going into three piles, yard sale, goodwill, give away to family. I think I sorted exactly two t-shirts. I always found something better to do! That always happens to me though... I'm just as bad as you for putting things off. I know I HAVE to tackle it tonight because I'm having dinner guests over tomorrow night. That's always been pretty much my motivition for tackling something. Invite someone over, then it HAS to get done! LOL, I know, I'm so bad!!

So Saturday I spent puttering around the house. Pulling weeds, transferring plants around. I got a new cable service installed so I really couldn't leave the house. Then my mom and my sisters came over for dinner and a movie. We had a great time...

Sunday we met some friends in Chinatown to eat some dim sum. YUM YUM. That was awesome. Then we went over to the Vietnamese supermarket and bought some beautiful king crab legs and some spring rolls for dinner that night. We got home and decided to install my new front door. That took us like 4 hrs! I never realized it would be so complicated!! But it's done now...

Pam - So sorry about your dad. I can't imagine what you're going through. I am thankful that I still have both my parents. And I thank God everyday for them...

I hope Laura got all her stuff done! I was praying for her Friday and then when I went back to read all the posts from this weekend I noticed that she ended up doing a 5 page paper!! That would suck!!

TracyKS - hope you're having fun!!

Piehole report for this weekend:

Way too much crap to list...

Piehole report for today:

B: cup of coffee

L: dunno yet... I'm gonna go right now and go get something... report back later...

Michelle - I LOVE yard sales. Ditto what Pamela said. Price everything to go go go...

Tracy, I am updating my address book and realized I don't have your new addy. Please email me that ASAP.oxoxooxox

APPLE announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music .

The i-Tit will cost $499 or $599 depending on cup size.

This has been hailed as a major breakthrough because women are always complaining about men

staring at their breasts and not listening to them.