Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Haydee: Your so hawt in those pics I'm thinking of switching sides!:thumbup:

put a few margaritas in me and we'll see.... :w00t:

Kat - band camp! Too funny!! I would love it though!

Pam - I don't know what it is or what happened to make me finally snap but yes, I've very happy and at peace right now. Me and Juan are slowly starting to make progress. Something that we hadn't done in 10+ years of us being together. Didn't realize that all it would take was for a change in my attitude... towards me, towards him, towards life in general. Not taking everything so seriously.

Jane - sorry that doctor was sucky. I would have cried!! Even though he was rather blunt he was just being honest and trying to give you the facts. We're here for you!! What do you need to do to get back on track? Are you still keeping your food diary?

Awww cute pics Haydee, Russell is the same way, his 'big smile' looks just like that lol.

Your sister is doing great!! Your parents made some pretty ladies. Is Juan popping out of his shirt in that last pic??

I just had salmon again for lunch. This time at TGIF's.. yuck. It was old tasting, extremely fishy and 8 wedges of lemon didn't knock that back at all.. I ate through about 3oz just to fill up.. yum yum Protein :thumbup:

yah, he kinda is popping out of his shirt. he was twisted funny to take the pic and the shirt was tight to begin with... he likes his shirts fitted.

i had tgi fridays last night! i had the pork chop. it was so good and juicy. i hate when salmon tastes fishy. i hate fishy fish...

Laura~ I made it 4 or 5 nights ago...gonna repeat it tonight: It is sooo good and far fresher!

From the butcher in the grocery, get some salmon fillets. Plain or I add some dill and misc spices to taste, and squeeze 2 lemons all over the salmon (I stab it w/ a fork a bit to "drink" in the lemon. Here is the hard part, throw it in oven (set at 350 for 40 min.

So freakin good and moist...melts in your mouth salmon...WWWAAAYYY healthy, and yummy! Hint~Buy fresh salmon!

Easy...Breezy...Beautiful...:thumbup:

Guess what girls?? I just made an appointment with Mary Jo from Big Medicine. She's the psychotherapist that works on the patients before they have surgery. I never had any type of head work done pre-banding and now I think it's biting me in the butt. She gave me a few suggestions to start with before my appointment comes up and I'm going to share them with ya'll to see if it helps any of ya'll. She told me to read "The Taming of the Chew" by Denise LaMonthe (sp?). She told me to keep a little book with me at all times and everytime that I'm going to put something in my mouth that I should write down why it's going in my mouth. Just to write down what the voice in my head is saying to me as I'm eating whatever it is I'm about to eat.

Ya'll have always been a great help but I really feel stuck and no matter how many times ya'll yell "THROW THAT SHIT AWAY", i never really do and I keep buying more of it... I need to figure out why I keep stuffing my face even when I'm far from hungry...

As my sessions progress I'll make sure to share anything that I learn here with ya'll...

Haydee-ask Mary Jo if she has a 2 for 1 special right now and I'll tag along :thumbup:

Yeah Haydee post the insight you get, cause I still can't get up the nerve to go to someone. I am good about not buying the crap most the time, my problem is.. when I DO buy the crap, I can't limit myself! I have no boundaries with it. But before I buy the crap, if I try to talk myself out of it, I normally can. Just like bread with meals, I keep telling Russell (now that he is low-carbing) to remember to tell them DON'T BRING BREAD.. if they bring bread, I gotta try to eat it, then I either get sick or too full, etc.. and it's not something I need to fill up on. I'm an out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of person. If I make an effort not to buy the gallon of ice cream, I'm good.. if I buy it, I eat it all no matter what my good intentions are.

And thanks Pam! I missed it last time, probably skimmed over it. I never eat fish, so this is a new thing to me. I almost bought fish last weekend, but here's my thing.. I love shrimp--only from Red Lobster. I love crab legs ANYWHERE. I like scallops at japanese restaurants & Red Lobster. If I buy crab, scallops, or shrimp, fresh from the grocers, bring it home and cook it.. its crap, I've never once liked it. Even when I do garlic butter, or sautee, bake, etc.. it never tastes like it does in restaurants. So me & fish, I thought about buying it.. but I have never liked seafood I make, would fish be any different?

Good news is I lost 2 of the 3lbs I gained back already :thumbup:)

Yay Laura!! that's awesome. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it but I can't seem to get in that mindset. I start off being really good and then bam I binge at night.

TracyK - I wish she did two for one!! She doesn't take any type of insurance so I'll have to pay out of pocket...

TracyKS - I got an HR question. If I put away flex money (is that what it's called?) can I use it towards these sessions?