Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Haydee-I can not wait to see pics too. It sounds like you did a great job! Congrats on the NSV...awesome job !!

And as far as Terrys' post...YA, WHAT SHE SAID! That is what I was trying to say this morning, you are just an artist with words! :biggrin:

I had SALMON for lunch.. uhm.. never eaten salmon before (not a fan of fish), but decided I'd make myself like it. And with about 10 wedges of lemon squeezed on it, it wasn't bad. Also had brocc & cheese casserole, and only allowed myself 1/2 of the order.

Had 2 bottles of Water & unsweet tea so far.

Salmon...I have never had it either and everyone has said it is really good. I am just not really the type to try something I have never had...I wanna try it, I just can't seem to make myself :smile2:

Home from the rodeo---my little girl in her pink boots and cowboy hat LOVED it. She loved the Queen contenders the most---everytime she would see one of them with their local crowns-tiaras on their cowboy hats, she would get all twitterpated! She was bouncing when she found out she did not have to see them being mean to the baby cows as she refers to the calf roping!!! She got in trouble as we were leaving, so her tears made her fall asleep that much faster---and she has been conked out ever since. I called her Daddy and had a talk with him, I wanted him to hear her crying! He is teaching her to be a smart aleck and I do not like it at all!

We were walking to the truck, and we were talking about the bronc riding, and I ask her "How 'bout we put YOU on one of those wild bronco horses?" And she matter of factly replied "How about you bite me?!" It infuriated me, I ask her who lets you talk like that? My Daddy says it she tells me....lip quivering. I told her she would never say that to Granny again, or she would get a spanking----and further more, I meant it! He laughed when I told him. So I told him I didn't think it was funny, he was turning her into a snot like my niece that he nor anyone could stand for years due to her mouthiness!!! I told him when she is 6 no one will want to be around her just like they couldn't stand to be around Kelcie and her smart mouth. He finally apologized and said he would stop and he would talk to her about being mouthy. We'll see.......so anyway she is still sleeping.

I should be cleaning, my house has taken not only a backseat this week, I don't think it made it onto the list at all!!

I was burning alive outside while we did some things out there, so I succumbed to the ice! BUT.....I just got the shaved ice plain, and had the bright idea to pour a diet Dr. Pepper over it. It was not a good plan!!! The shaved ice is too delicate for the carbonation, so it watered it down to yuckiness!!! But it also took care of the craving!! LOL

I am beginning to wonder to Suzanne knew how to swim.......she disappeared when the pool went in!! I really wonder if the other worker ended up not working after all and she is locked in the Curves unable to escape!!

Has anyone thought of a good place for us to meet next??

Haydee I knew your wedding would go wonderfully!!! You are so beautiful anyway, I can only imagine you in the light of the sunset, and the twinkling candles--I seriously doubt the bride held up in comparison! Congrats on the plane NSV!!

Well, I have finished snacking at my chicken salad....so guess I will go do something with my house while the kiddo is sleeping. We will have making up to do after she wakes up, and some talking to do as well!!

It is hard----I am trying my best to use different rewards, and different methods with her. Not to use food----as a celebration or consolation thing. I also do not want to totally spoil her by buying things for those times. So I am trying to make doing something the reward---like going to the park---but it is so fricken hot! I think today if she wakes up in time, and we talk we might do a run through the sprinkler---Granny too!!!

Kat

Hi, Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Busy, Busy, Busy. I have some reading to do to get caught up. I'll be back on here later tonight.

All is well and I will post later about my Doc's visit from Monday.

Hope everyone is doing good. Hugs.

Kat-I hate it when parents teach their kids to be mean. The sad thing is that the kids do not know they are doing anything wrong...they are just doing what the mom & dads say. Example...my nephew and his ife taught their little girl (who was about 3) to tell her grandma "eat another twinkie, fat girl". OMG, had she ever said anything like that to me or anyone around me I would have had a knockdown dragout with my nephew. It is just wrong on SO many levels!! I am so glad you called her dad about it! Good for you!

OMG...if I'd have said that to my g-ma, either one of 'em, they would've knocked me into tomorrow...w/o blinkin' an eye! That is terrible! Racism is taught too...so is ignorance!

A friend emailed this to me. It is supposedly what Bill Gates said in a speech to gradutes (high school, I think). I think it is great!

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $80,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time..

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you agree, pass it on.

If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

Most of all Thank A Veteran for keeping our country free so this can be passed on to someone else.

okay girls, some pics.... hope i do it right... This one is me and my two sisters and my cousin and her new husband.

post-216278-13813137363345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Haydee

Here are two of me... I've got more to post but they're in my mom's camera so I'll get those tomorrow...

post-216278-13813137363648_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813137364139_thumb.jpg

Here are two of me... I've got more to post but they're in my mom's camera so I'll get those tomorrow...
You're SO beautiful!!! You look fabulous...and that color is so stunning on you!!!