Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Abagail showed up around 10am and we got ready to go to the park. We also took the little girl from next door. It was really warm and very humid but the girls had a good time. When we were done I took them to Dairy Queen and we all got a very small cone.

When we got home Abagail wanted to go swimming so I filled the bathtub with some lukewarm Water and she played while I did laundry. All in all we had a really good day. She's gone home now so everyone is laying down for a nap.

Sending some pics so you can see her. She looks just like her daddy.

Don't have a clue as to why those didn't come out larger. I will try again later.

Suzie.. we just have to click on them and then we see them bigger. No prob.

Here is a pic of my DD Kris in her nursing graduation outfit. I'm sooooooooo proud of her!

We had storms today so Jetta, the garage dog is laying next to me right now. She is in a storm kinda like Jenn is on a plane. Only problem is I can't give her several stiff drinks to get her through the storm.

Gospel Sunday went very well today. Everyone sang really well and now we're ready to relax for the summer. Bob and his crew leave Wednesday morning, so I'll be on my own for several days.. well, along with Ethan that is. Then two weeks from today at this exact time, I'll be on a ship with Kris and we'll be waving at the shore as we sail away. Can't wait!!!

Jane-woohooo you go girl! Before you know it you will not even have time for us violets anymore!

Judy-you and your dd are going to have so much fun on the cruise. I know how excited you must be! Love the pic too. She looks cute in her uniform :)

Suzie-she is a cutie pie :)

Pammie-playing in the Water with a rottie in your undies...life doesn't get any better, right?! :)

Have a great evening everyone.

Hey my friends----Texas was not the same without you!!!

It was hot and windy, and the fire ants were working overtime! We had them in the house! Spent a full day spraying for ants--just way the hell too much fun!!

I did nothing, shopped some, read a book, visited with family. For the first time ever, I did no work! Felt wierd, I really did not like watching Rick sweat and wear himself out, while I did nothing.....but I just sat and healed.

I am still draining the bottom part of my incision, I see the Dr, on Wed. I have finished my antibiotics, hoping it is ok!

It feels sooooo tight! I am still in a size 12 with ease, and over my compression. Everyone was shocked, but complimentary---I felt awesome, I cannot remember the last time I walked into stores or restaurants, and among people without making sure my stomach was covered.....it was incredible!!!

I feel great. I actually took a motorcycle ride tonight!

I am not open on Labor Day....dangit! We have a local rally, so we actually have people coming here and staying with us for it. I will work with it though and see what I can do....

TracyK--------where you find yourself now is exactly how I ended up in a daycare situation!!! I was wanting to go back to school, but had no education myself yet, and every dime I made was spent on my getting to work, and day care for Manda. I agreed to keep the neighbors kids over spring break while I was on vacation (I had to take it then, I could not afford full time day care!). The kids kept telling their Mom they wanted to come to my house all the time, not their old babysitters, and come the end of the week, she paid me, and I went whoa!!! That night I sat down with pen and paper.....and within a week, I placed an ad, had a full house, and the rest is history!!! I supported us, paid for my education (along with gov't grants), bought us a house, and actually had a savings account. And I was the one to pull my childs first tooth, and was there when she come home! It actually worked out well, I wanted to become a teacher, so this was a natural lead in.....I know it is not for everyone, but I so understand not making anything----except yourself miserable! Congrats and I hope you love your summer together!!

Well I promise to catch up with all of you, but Rick wants to walk across and meet our new neighbor.....our neighbors baby was born while we were gone!!! The new Daddy hollered for us to come meet her....little girl 7 lbs, born on the night of the 3rd I think.

So will check with you all later!!!

Hugs----so good to get back to you!

Kat

Hi Everyone!

Well, we're back from the River G and I am sooooooooooo tired I can barely get my fingers moving to type this post. So forgive me if I make no sense!!

We had a great time as usual. Everyone had comments about how much my son has changed over the last year and I agree!! DD brought a friend and they got into some mischief that kinda put a neg. spin on things but I didn't let it ruin our weekend...they just had to clean everyone's kitchens! LOL Worked out for all of us! The weather was perfect and the river was cool and quiet. I wish I was floating right now. My pina coladas were a big hit with the girls (Thanks TracyinKS!) and the food was incredible. One night we had filet mignon and grilled shrimp and the next night we had BBQ chicken, ribs and brisket ...with all the trimmings! Not to mention that there was always food out on the tables... Cookies, chips, salsas, etc., and full breakfasts...pastries, fruit, bkfst tacos, etc, etc, etc! Nothing but eating, drinking floating and laughing. Don't think I got a whole lotta exercise!

Speaking of which, I got a 0.5 UNfill on Thursday and I can eat anything now. Portions still are somewhat under control but I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to enjoy a wide variety of foods again! I am very, very happy about that! NOW I'll be able (in theory) eat healthy foods instead of crap. Let's see how that works out, shall we? :)

Terry and TracyK - Wednesday it is then! Let me know where ya'll want to meet. I can hit the beltway right after work and be pretty much anywhere quickly...

I googled it and looks like Sugar Land is about halfway between Tomball and Dickinson (~43 miles). Of course, Sugar Land has just about every restaurant you could ever want. Cheesecake Factory? Carrabba's? PF Chang's? Cafe Adobe? Pappadeaux? Cafe Express? La Madeline? Berryhill Tacos? Ragin' Cajun? How does that sound?
Wow.. really quiet here today. Well, Kris and I went to the beading class. Terry, you have my utmost respect. I discovered I am not cut out to be a beader. Got all my beads lined up for my beach boots and discovered the elastic wouldn't fit in the holes... so back to the drawing board. Got the beads to fit and it was a constant battle to get the right amount so they fit my feet. Then tying off the elastic at the back looks funky, so I wasn't really happy. Then when we went to pay for them and it ended up $24 for these two strands of beads, I was shocked. She was going to charge $70 but then decided that probably the elastic was a lot less expensive than the wire that she said was "the best on the planet"...duh!! So 2 and a half hours and $24 later, I have a pair of beach boots that look almost ok except for the elastic ties in the back that I don't know what to do with.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Let's just say I'll be commissioning my jewelry from you from now on.. I love my cruise Bracelet and can't wait to wear it in 16 days!

Yeah, ya'll hear me talk all the time about what an expensive hobby it is! The start-up costs are a KILLER and beads are ADDICTIVE = very, very dangerous!! HA!! I read that part about the "wire that's the best on the planet"...OMG, that's for people who do things like beaded evening bags and bracelets made of tiny seed beads! I can't believe she tried to sell that to a beginner! You could have made do with the $4 wire just as well. You can tuck the ends of the elastic back inside the beads and glue them in place. She didn't show you how to finish it off so that it looks nice? Uh, that's supposed to be an integral part of the lesson! :)
Back from the yard work...the poop, sweeping, and of course playing Water w/ my baby! He is old, but jumps through the air to get Water. It is 104 here today, so I always water him down. It is kinda fun, I was out there in my panties only:tt1:...playing in the water w/ him! I've done 4 loads of laundry, ran an errand, did
You, my dear, are freaking HILARIOUS! (Uh, where are your neighbors?? Or do you care? LOL)
Suzie.. we just have to click on them and then we see them bigger. No prob.

Here is a pic of my DD Kris in her nursing graduation outfit. I'm sooooooooo proud of her!

We had storms today so Jetta, the garage dog is laying next to me right now. She is in a storm kinda like Jenn is on a plane. Only problem is I can't give her several stiff drinks to get her through the storm.

Your daughter looks so sweet...but professional!...in her portrait. We share your pride, Judy!! We wish her well! Where will she be working?

My vet told us to give our thunder-phobic dog Benadryl. She weighed about 75# and we gave her 3 capsules ...so adjust accordingly. I feel so bad for them ...they just seem so miserable during a storm! :) The benadryl worked well for our doggie.

Laura - sorry about the horse race, but I'm sure you had a wonderful time anyway! What a thrill!

Kat - Hope you're doing well and improving every day! Looking forward to getting your update!

Janie - Got Batteries?

Suzie - You are such a sweetie. I wish you could be "aunt" to my kiddos... it takes a village, y'know.

Jenn- Where are you?? :)

Michelle - I know what you're feeling now...I really do....and its not easy! Be gentle with and love yourself! Big deep cleansing breaths....one day at a time, ok? It's all good.

TracyinKS - You're quiet!? How's things with you? Did you read any of that Brat Camp stuff on DrPhil.com? You're a great mom and don't you forget it. Don't EVER doubt that about yourself, ok? Glad to hear Robbie is not needing a cast! That's excellent news!!

Nighty-nite, all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Terri,

My neighbors can't see anything. We have a 6ft. fence around the propertys...we all do! I know my neighbors hang at the pool in the buff...the tree trimmers told me, lol!

Glad your home...both Kat and Terri!!! We missed you and Laura!

Phew, Just got our power back on. Bad storm came thru and must have hit a transformer. Looked like the whole entire neighborhood was out. Usually it's just one side of the street. I did dishes by flashlight. It seemed like the power was out for hours but I think it was only out for about 1 hour. We sat out on the deck and watched the lightning. Laughed cuss we was the only one out. Good thing we have a covered deck.

Hope Tracy weathered the storm ok. She should have gotten it right before us. Rivers are way up. Only supposed to get up to 76 tomorrow. Can't wait.

Everyone sleep tight.

Jane, I haven't seen an update on you for a little while. How are you feeling. Any more news from the Doc? Please keep us posted.

Hugs to you.

Terry and Kat... welcome back!!! We missed you both. Now if we can get Jennifer to post, we'll be in business!

Terry.. the bead lady didn't know how to make the beach boots. They were a pattern that the minister's wife from the sponsoring church had. She said to just tie a square knot at the back and then put a couple of little beads on to finish it off. Easier said than done. If the bead holes had been big enough to put the ends in it would have been fine, but noooooooooooooooo. Suffice it to say, I'm going to stick to singing and playing flute. Beading is NOT for everyone!!!

We have doggie valium for our Yorkies when they get groomed. I gave Jetta one the other day, but they take a half hour to take effect and I only gave her a half cause I didn't know exactly how much to give. I'll have to check with the vet. She went bonkers again today during the storm, but I was sound asleep upstairs with the A/C on and didn't even hear the storm. She was fine in the house, so that was good news.

Hey.. guess what my son was able to find for me?? A Wii!! He's looking for WiiFit also. I can't wait to try it out. We live out in the boonies and there are no Wii's available here and they are always sold out online. As he says.. he lives in a "civilized" part of the country where he can find such things. sheeeeeeeeesh.

The Bobster and I went on a 10 mile bike ride tonight. Sure felt good. I did my exercises in the hot tub too so I did double duty today.

I'm headed to bed since Ethan comes early tomorrow.

Everyone sleep well. Will check in tomorrow. Nighters, Violets!

Judy, I have just been googling a wii, and not really sure about it. It looks like it could be fun?

Going Thursday for the Stress/echo and the 24 hour holter monitor. I don't know when after that I will know. Actually I have been feeling better, I am not as tired as I was, but that bit with the reflux had me sleeping really bad for a long long time.

I think I am going to call in the morning and talk with the nurse about getting a fill or something. I am not scheduled for one til the end of July and am OUT OF CONTROL WITH MY EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new Doc only does fills for two hours the fourth Friday of the month! I need one!!! I am eating wayyyyy tooooooo much................

I got an email back from that man who wrote me. He is retired military. Scary thought, but really good benefits!!! I think Tracy might have given me some of her HR thoughts!!

Terry, I finally got my "C" batteries, been up and running on the other one though

Rain rain go away, Come again in about 2 weeks.

OK, I'm tired of this. And it looks like we have a week full of rain ahead of us.

Lots to do today. Work and than I think I'm gonna try to go get my driver's license renewed. A little shopping to do and packages to mail.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning everyone...not much time to type this morning so I will make it short & sweet.

Terri & Haydee-I am not going to be able to make our date this week. Weekdays are really tough for me (for now anyway) plus dh is working nights on top of that. Makes me sad :tongue2:

Have a great day violets!!

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

It's the last Monday of the school year! This time next week will be SUMMER VACATION! :smile: I need to maximize my alone time this week, as there will be a shortage of it in the coming months...

Not much else to say. Weighed myself this a.m.... 239.something... bleh. Am going to TRY to jumpstart myself w/a day of liquids... ha ha, we'll see how THAT goes... I need to de-tox from the crap, sugar, etc... and get some CONTROL back... I thought about the irony of how I'm feeling like life is out of control lately, and how my answer to that is to eat out of control, which is odd, as that IS the ONE AREA that I CAN control! Duh! No one ever confused me for a nuclear physicist (oh wait! yes they did! :tongue2:). Anyhoo, I'm going to try keeping the CONTROL idea in my head today & see if that helps.

Make it a great day, Vi's!