Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

and on that note... email me your recipe for the buckle. I just looked it up on google and it looks delish! that would make a good treat for my monday night get togethers with my aunts...

Ok.. MICHELLE that sounds soooooooooooo delish!!!!!

and the fried twinkie was actually DELISH too! they insert a popsicle stick in it and deep fry it.. .kind of tastes like a funnel cake with warm filling, rolled in powdered sugar........ I ended up eating half and then giving Robby the other half........ then I tasted DH's funnel cake...

Oh well, live and learn.

We have one of those Mogolian grill's its called BD's... next time we go I'm ordering the 1 trip version instead of the unlimited.

I laughed at the Judy/Michelle exchange!!!! LOVED the pics though. :lol:

I just tried one of those bumblebee tuna sensations (sun dried tomatoes) BLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldn't do it... so now I need to GO OUT for lunch... OH DARN :frown:

It is cool and rainy here today........... but hopefully it will dry out for the weekend so I can get into my yard. Told DH that I wanted garden flowers for mothers day! NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK!

Tracy, I think the tuna I use is StarKist...maybe it's bumblebee...can't remember...but it's called Sweet & Spicy flavor and it's in a foil pouch. It's delish!!! I just add a little mayo and I"m good to go. It's great on salads, too! I don't know about the 'sweet' part...might have carbs. :-/

okay, i need some help. I have alot of aunts and i get them each a little thing on mothers day and try to make it special. This year I got them each a wallflower from Bath and Body works. It's like a pretty, scented plug in. They come in these pretty boxes so all I'm going to do is stick that in a pretty colored cellophane bag, tie it up with a raffia ribbon and bake some tiny Cookies and put them in a little cellophane bag and attach that to the raffia bow. BUT, now my sisters want in on the gift. They waited till the last minute to go shopping and they think my idea is cute. Sooo, we're trying to add something else to the package now. Nothing too expensive but that would go good with the wallflower... Any ideas?

How about something from Brighton? I love their keychains or their little mini-frames! so cute!

I also love sachets!

Boy, I'm missing my mom and dad today. Saw a little old guy at Walmart and it reminded me of my dad. Saw Michelle's post on Blueberry Buckle and it reminded me of my mom. She was a fantastic cook and baker. Her pies were to die for and her blueberry buckle was the best. It's all good though. Best to have those good memories on Mother's Day. Mom would have been 88 May 25th and Dad would have been 89 on the 20th of June. Hard to believe I'm going to be 61 next month!!!!!! But I'm so enjoying this time of my life. A lady behind me at the check out at Walmart told me how good I looked and those little NSV's carry me through.

We went to Culvers for lunch and the Bobster and I split a chicken dinner. Note to self... do NOT start the meal eating their rolls cause even though they are delish, nothing after that will go down. Ended up PBing twice and DD gets so huffy at me when I do that. She's right though. I should know by now!!

Off to fix the potato salad, deviled eggs and macaroni/chicken salad for the graduation party tomorrow.

Terry---prayers for Mom......

We are busy in the yard, Rick will be furious if he sees I am cheating at the computer---better run!!! I designate where everything goes!!

Talk soon!

Kat

That's it -- BD's -- that's where we went. For the record, I did not have *unlimited*... I would've pre-band... heck, I'd probably still be there now then!... but I had the 1 trip, w/a little salad.< /span>

That twinkie sounds amazing! Glad there are no carnivals/festivals/fairs anywhere near me right now.

So I'm here @ home all alone, working, doing laundry, blah dee blah... and my EVIL BRAIN starts in w/ me... "make some Cookies & eat the dough"... "you know you want some"... "mmmmmmm"... "you could eat just *some* of the dough and then pretend like you're just a nice mom who made the cookies for your family when they return cold & wet from the field trip"... OVER &OVER &OVER!!! I just ate a no-sugar frozen fruit bar thinking it would kill the sweet craving... but that stupid voice just won't shut up!!! When will it STARVE & DIE????? Doesn't it realize it's on it's way OUT???

Michelle - I read this 'magazine' article about that very thing here on LBT. Here's an exerpt...see if it strikes a nerve for you:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f197/reclaiming-your-power-over-food-62338/#post831527

"...I encourage you to take the risk to experience the feelings of not giving in to the compulsion to eat when you are not physically hungry. You can always go back to the old way of living, just experience it and see what it feels like. You might just like it, then again it might be scary, just notice. When I have a client sitting in front of me struggling to reclaim their lives from compulsive eating, I often get an image of them holding onto a ledge of a mountain, high up in the air. They are “white knuckling it” to hang on, then they take the risk and “let go”. I then have the vision of them falling through darkness, and I actually experience this in my body. I get a nervous sensation and a feeling like my stomach is dropping, and for a moment, I lose my breath. Then all of a sudden I experience a calm, the tension in my body leaves, I am able to breathe, there is light, and I experience a glimpse of what I believe paradise to be, something that is difficult to describe in words. To know this sensation of paradise, I now understand that it comes from the willingness to go through the darkness in order to experience the light.

We are faced with decisions every moment of every day. We are always faced with the decisions of what to think, how to feel about what we think and what to do about that feeling. Because of the work that I do and because of my desire to grow emotionally and spiritually, I am very conscious of my thoughts and actions. As I stated earlier, I sometimes astound myself at how many times I do not choose to think or act in a way that supports my highest good. However, I have also noticed that by putting my attention to wanting to live in a way that is loving and respectful to myself and others, I make many more choices that are self-loving than I have in the past. I trust that the number of self-nurturing choices that I make for myself will continue to increase because I have come to realize that keeping my word to myself feels better than eating a cookie or engaging in negative thinking....."

Tracy - thanks for asking. Mom is cranky...which I understand is a good (?) sign. They're running a bunch o' tests, so i guess we'll know more today or tomorrow.

FYI, girls.... with all this heart trouble my mother has had (among other things) she has never once complained of chest pain. But she OFTEN complains of back pain between her shoulder blades. They say that women experience heart problems much more differently than men.

"I sometimes astound myself at how many times I do not choose to think or act in a way that supports my highest good. However, I have also noticed that by putting my attention to wanting to live in a way that is loving and respectful to myself and others, I make many more choices that are self-loving than I have in the past. I trust that the number of self-nurturing choices that I make for myself will continue to increase because I have come to realize that keeping my word to myself feels better than eating a cookie or engaging in negative thinking.....""

This did hit home w/me... TY Terry for posting it. Interesting thoughts to ponder... personal evolution & growth... oh yeah... that's a part of all this, too... darn it...