Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning Everyone!

SeaJules: WELCOME to our little thread... we are a chatty bunch that come here to share our journeys and lean on each other and kick booty when needed......... I started the original April thread this time last year when I finally got a surgery date and as the April group got closer to surgery we had KAT who is an April 2006 bandster to help guide us and mentor us... and now we have several Violets that were not banded in April 2007...... so its not exclusive in the date you were banded just in the spirit of the combined journey........

We are a very diverse group of ladies.... so join in and post often... :)

It is dreary and raining in KS this morning.... supposed to change to snow later today........... the scale did bounce up a pound from the crap I ate yesterday...... I guess I somewhat binged..... I ate the i.c. sandwhich, a few dibs, and then felt so horrible I started shoving ritz crackers with butter into my pie hole......... not a lot, but enough to really undo my day....

Now that I'm in ONEderland.. this is my DANGER zone of complacency....... happens every damn time I get here.....

180-199 is where I always stop losing.. and then once I get back over 200 I start spiraling upward... (this is in my Atkins preband days) I guess knowing this about myself is a big step in FIXING it.... right????

Jen: good luck today!

I'm having WC oatmeal for Breakfast.< /p>

going to try for another 3 liters of Water today

Tracy - I'm going to try to match your Water today. I already started on it. It goes down so sloooowww in the morning. I can only have little sips.

Grungy day today. Raining and a little cold...

I'm gonna get my oatmeal ready. I'm making it with milk today. I tried making it with water yesterday and it was so gross! I'd rather ingest a few more calories than have to choke down something that doesn't taste good to me...

Where's Cindy? I haven't seen her in a few days. Did she go on vacation somewhere? Ya no me acuerdo...

i'll be back later...

sounds good Haydee! I alway make my oatmeal with milk! (might be a few more calories and carbs, but adds protien and taste)

I just finished mine... I am full! Now to catch up with the Water.< /p>

Wednesday's Tip:

I tend to stay up too late at night, I found this kind of interesting.

Plus I liked the quote, it seems appropriate, because we have all climbed our first mountain, and are kind of struggling with the next ones!!

Jane

That first peak is the best place to pause and look back, to see if you took the easiest route, to learn the lessons from the first climb. And it is the best place to examine the terrain ahead, to change your plans and goals, to take a deep breath and begin climbing again.

- By Michael Johnson

The Saboteur Late-Night TV

Not getting enough deep sleep inhibits production of growth hormones, which could lead to premature symptoms of middle age, such as abdominal obesity, reduced muscle mass and strength, and diminished exercise capacity. In short: You become your grandmother overnight.

Fix your head Don't plot a staffing reorganization before bed. Establish a ritual that signals your body that the day is over 30 minutes before you're ready to hit the sack turn off the computer, read, stretch, or set the TV volume low, Karas says.

Fix your routine Exercise in the morning or afternoon, says Eric Nofzinger, M.D., an expert in sleep disorders at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Evening workouts may leave you too stimulated to sleep, so instead, develop a clear end-of-day habit. Snuggle with your guy while he's watching the NBA game. Put your head on his shoulder, and then let Shaq and the boys put you to sleep in seconds. Trust us.

Haydee- Yes I got it, I'm going to send you an example of what I have to do this week, and see if you're able to help me out :)

I get the assignments every Monday and they are due the following Sunday.

GOOD LUCK JEN!!!!!!!

I'm getting toward the end of my 5 days no BM, and stomach hurts. Our home builders had to come by this morning, our kitchen door leaks Water (has since we moved in).. this is 2nd time they've come to 'fix' it.

I watched White Noise 2 with my mom last night. Anyone seen 1 or 2? Uh.. 2 had absolutely NOTHING to do with White Noise, not like they portrayed White Noise to be in 1. So the 2nd one is about a guy with a near death experience, that can see when someone is going to die, and saves them.. and it ends up on 3rd day satan posseses their body and they kill lots of people. It was a decent movie, interesting story line.. but had absolutely nothing to do with White Noise, so I am confused why it's.. White Noise 2.

American Idol was a hoot!! I started it at 1am (way past my bedtime), and got about 1 hour and 40m in, before I passed out. So I still have some more to see. Poor Temptress. And who the hell names their kid Temptress? Did she name her sister Hussy? Slut? Skank?

Crazy people.

LOL Laura!!!

LOL, Laura...

I was wondering about Miss Temptress. The show was great last night, it is always good to get back into it. I like the little African American girl w/ the special need daughter. She was a doll and had some serious pipes. Star Trek chick was out to lunch!

Michelle, we know your busy...time to pop in and say hi to your sistas.

Temptress Brown....Her name reminded me of a kid I had in daycare and his last name was Brown as well....guess what HIS first name was....try Golden (I shi* you not) LOL

Wooo, today is busy at work for me.

AND EXCITING.

First, a customer I've been working a deal with for months, of million-sized runs (which means over $100k per job, and I make commission!).. called today and said the job is live! 6 months of lots of extra income. WOO..friggin..HOO!

Then.. in my sales meeting, I said my goal this year was to be more aggressive with the 'big dogs'.

Well, I've been practicing it, with good results. Today, I got the 3rd largest company in Cali (that buys our stuff) to talk to me. He said they've heard good things about us, he's interested, needed me to quote some stuff, yadda yadda. WOOT.

The downside, another local customer that didn't like me.. cause I gave her X pricing, and then her CSR gave her another pricing.. and so she thought I was ripping her off. Long story, but she thought I was the bad guy, cause my pricing was right and I made them stick to it. So she won't even talk to me, but she called the CSR and said she's coming in today to get some quotes. CSR told me she'd handle it, but I was like damn you may as well take the account, if she won't even talk to me, I shouldn't be making money off of her.

I get tired of these local people.

There are some parents who are cruel when naming their kids!!! I actually had a Snow White! Then I had a boy---his last name was Offerley----they named him Jack.

Then there was a girl name Aziegha (Asia), and sisters named Misty and Stormy---we teased when she was pregnant with the little boy he was going to be called Overcast.

Had a girl once named Reyanagail, and her sister Tasheralynn.

And the younger sister to the friend who was recently lost in the snow mobile thing....they thought she would be the last child so named her for everything and everyone....her name? Canyon Dee Jean Marie (unsure of the spelling, French John Marie is how it was said) LeFebevre and then the other parents last name!!!!

You should have heard HER try to say it when she was 3!!!

I always thought my folks gave me a mouthful of a name til then!!!

So I shortened it....

Kat

I am a neonatal nurse in Galveston/Houston Hospitals (agency)....I have seen some doozies......female....no kidding............vagina gynna............ben laden Laden..............orgasim mata.............Harold Dick (they call him Harry) Richard Feeler (they call him Dick)..........the list goes on and on. We keep saying we are going to write a book........we should before it is too late. Love the forum.really keeps me going.:smile:

I went to school with a Cliche Star.. and Tequila Cherry.

Born given names, not something they made up.

Did they desire their DD's to grow up to be strippers???

Isn't there some formula---your street name and something to come up with your stripper name???

I originally was going to give Manda my former MIL's middle name, it would have made her Amanda Lynne. My Dad told me I could call the next one a Guitar or A ukelele!! She ended up being Amanda Michelle because of that!!!

Kat