Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am holding strong............ I got really hungry so I opened another can of chicken.. and to make SURE I didn't backslide.. I drained the Water from the can into the baggie of Cookies that I had stashed in my desk!!!!!!!!! Yayyyy Tracy..

and I've had 1 30 oz glass of water so far!

Day ONE is always the hardest.....

Way to go Tracy!!

Yep! chicken juice would definitely ruin the cookies for me, too. Good job!:thumbup:

Not sure what's up with my eating, or lack of. NOTHING at all sounds good. When I eat, I feel like a few bites in, I am done---just do not want anymore.

Drinking pretty good---so just gonna ride along and see what happens, it is pretty wierd. Was hard at lunch today---my Mom was upset, saying I am not eating enough, that when 3 year old out eats me, something is wrong. Well y'all know how it is, we always worry that there might be something wrong with your band---but she had to SAY it!!! LOL, I feel fine, a bit tired, and run down---thinking it is time to run my new thyroid check, I could sleep most afternoons away, and I am not a daytime sleeper. I have never in my life, outside of following surgery or such, slept in til 4 in the afternoon!!! It would waste my natural body timing! When I sleep in, I can make it til about 9----and that is only if I can fall back to sleep at 5 and again at 7:30----both times I naturally wake up.

I bought a really cute top at JCPenney's today---not so much for the trip, but for after my surgery, it is cotton, and looks sooooo cool. Something I will be needing, wearing the compression garment.

Today Kinsey and I took Flat Stanley to the Aztec Ruins. She loves going through the little rooms. We took pictures of her holding Flat Stanley---and will get them mailed back off to one of our bandsters DD's. Her DD is in 1st grade, and they are reading about Flat Stanley, he was flattened when the bulletin board fell on him, and he got mailed on vacation. So each student sent Flat Stanley somewhere----and wherever he went, they were to do something with him, document it, write about it, make him clothes.....whatever. So today, both he and Kinsey became Junior Rangers, and I got the pics developed so I can slidehim in his envelope and send him back to the school. Knsey had such a great time with it------------she has been to the ruins before, my DH loves it...so she told him all about how Indians lived there. We made him some clothes hoping they look like leather clothing the indians might have worn.

Well, I am exhausted, and I have tons to do....so guess I better get on it. Y'all take care, I'll check in afterwhile.

Kat

Good Morning, Violets.

Tracy.. nothing wrong with getting off the horse as long as you get back on with renewed intentions. I've been off the path as far as snacking, but in the midst of it all, I've been exercising and I certainly have not been eating as much as I would have pre-band.

At least you have been exercising...I have been a complete sinner! But I knew that today was the day to jump back on it and correct my wrongdoings. I have just been so concentrated on not smoking. At least I have not gained a ton of weight back. I am very proud of that! I should be able to get back to where I was in no time...or at least I hope!!

Tracy, I'm with you. I feel sometimes that after over a year of losing and eating small amounts and behaving that I'm done with dieting. But in reality I know it's not over with by a long shot. I just feel done with it. So, I pledge with you to start anew.

Thanks Suzie...we can do this. Been there & done that, right? now that I have the smoking under control I can focus on the weight again.

GOOD MORNING! So far so good.......... I've only had coffee w/sf creamer...

This is the tough one for me. I love love real hazelnut cream. The s/f cream does not do it for me. I will probably just not drink coffee anymore if it comes down to it!

I bought some, what I call 'hoochie' shorts a week or so ago. DH whistled in approval, but I said.. where would I wear these? Definitely not work, and would I brave public in such things.

Ohhhh I tried some on at the store and I loved them. I did not buy them cause I know DH would not let me out of the house!! lol

Hour or so later I had 2 dove caramel pieces...

aren't those the BEST?!

TracyK, I am with you in spirit on your diet journey, but don't want to commit myself not knowing what the fill situation is going to be tomorrow.

Its OK Jane. Just pray for me :thumbup: Good luck tomorrow!

Hi Ya'll.

Crazy weekend. I did have a looooong post for ya'll yesterday, complete with pics of my son in prom attire, then lost the post. Bah!!! Walked away in disgust.

As long as you promise to try and post the pics again...we forgive you.:)

When I sleep in, I can make it til about 9----and that is only if I can fall back to sleep at 5 and again at 7:30----both times I naturally wake up.

Before I had macy I could sleep really late....now?...forget it. Even if I wanted to I couldn't. I wake up at 5, 6 and 7 then have to get up or I will drive myself crazy!

I hope you all have a great evening!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh Flat Stanley. I remember him well. In my classroom we had Teddy who went home with a child each weekend along with a journal. They were to have mom and dad write down what they did all weekend and believe me some of the stories were a hoot! The kids and parents just loved it and I went through many, many Teddy Bears in my Kindergarten career.

Ethan was here all day and we had a great time even though he never took a nap. We read books, played ball, played the keyboard, read books, chased each other, wiped windows, read books. I'm pooped and think I need a nap, but it's too late now.

I'm headed up to the gym to get my exercising in while I watch tv. Got some laundry going too. Tomorrow is hospital shift and singing rehearsal. Then we have Ethan from 1-5 the rest of the week. Wednesday is DD's pinning ceremony and Thursday morning is an honors Breakfast and finally Thursday evening is graduation. Then the countdown to the cruise starts in earnest!!

Catch ya'll later.

I have managed to make it alllllllll day......... I had a tiny bit of flat steak with ranch dressing and maybe 1 T of peanut butter... less than half a glass of dt. dr pepper........ I had to get out of the house so I grabbed Robby and we went Gruene shopping....... went to our tiny mall where they have Cato, Christopher Banks and Maurices.... and thats IT........ tried on some clothes at Maurices and the plus size 1 were too big in the tops and the regular size just didn't cover my arms.. I did find some capri that I really liked but couldn't stomach the 36 price tag.... and the size 16 on the label..... Walked out with nothing......... went to Cato...... tried on a bunch of shirts walked out with 2 but both are sleeveless and although really cute I don't know if I'll wear them without a shell........ but I swear the whole time I was channeling Laura... and thought.. screw it.. I'll just hang out.. and the idea that either go sleeveless and not the short cap sleeves cause it looks worse.. so I just bought them and we shall see.........

So then I needed to go to wally world to get some more chunked chicken and some tuna and I decided to look at their casual clothes and I had to laugh because .... I kept thinking about we are going to be the wally world bopsy twins if we all bought the same combo of stuff! I went with light weight stuff because I keep hearing Tracy, Terry and Haydee talk about how hot it gets .......... LOL.......

so now I'm home and found myself pacing....... (unconsciencely looking for something sweet) so I'm giving up and going to bed! I need to make it past today........... Say a prayer for me!

G-night

Oh, I remember those days Tracy....I would be at work and could KILL for some SF jello!! ANYTHING sweet!! Eventually it goes away and I was perfectly content as a low-carber for 2 years. HA! Those days are long gone! I practically live on carbs now.Carbs and cheese. Nice, eh? I wish you the best! I know I felt a lot better then...and my bloodwork was picture perfect!

Just got back from shopping, I tried on some capris because I thought ummm I have never tried them on, maybe they will be better than shorts. Well, guess what!!!!! I am so short they were regular length on me!! I always said I need a squat shop (short and overweight)!! I was laughing in the dressing room, the people at Macys are probably wondering...

Way to go Tracy!!!! I am sending out purple vibes for you to avoid DQ while you are out and about shopping for Gruene!!

I have a bunch of stuff to do tonight, one thing is I have to type of the minutes of the last taxing district meeting. I usually do it when I get home, but for some reason didn't. It was a long horrible meeting too.

OMG you guys

I will not be bringing my laptop because I have my new Palm Centro which does everything, email, IM, internet, messaging and anything else including google map I can dream of..... so i'm just going to bring my mp3 (I don't know if i'll have time to figure out my mp3 on my phone) and ds's mini dvd player. How sweet is that. It is cute and Pink.

Anyway, just got done typing up the meeting minutes from my 1st meeting. I so can't wait to start working... I'm so excited!

I am so pms, not going to get on a scale, but i am going to drink lemon Water.< /p>

I got my hair done today, much darker LOVE IT and my toes done, teal with a design... LOVE THEM... tomorrow is finger nail day... so I may be bouncing 5lbs next week but i'll be well groomed!!!!

night all.... getting so excited

I'm gonna trim up my hair....because it is time....and I wanna look good!!! Might find time to do a pedi----but not wastin' my money on a mani-I know I cannot have polish for the surgery---so why bother??? If I paint them, I will do it at home.....

I tried on a shirt from my last years wish pile---it fits. I tried it on for my DD----her words were "Holy Crap Mom, you need to wear stuff that fits more often, that looks awesome!" Made me so happy. I told Rick, he said to let him see, I put it on, he tells me "I agree with Manda, you look incredible"-------------needless to say, I'm bringing it! LOL

I managed to eat a small bit of pork chop for dinner ---to be honest, I could have eaten more, but Rick is so cautious with pork, it was over grilled, and dry! I ate a bite of potatoes, some corn, and one of the little lunch box things of mandarin oranges. Everything was just so so-----but the oranges...they tasted SOOOOOOO good and fresh in my mouth. I wanted more, but had no room!!!

Scale dropped again---this is too wierd. Thinking I might be stressing a bit about the surgery---which in 2 weeks will be over with!!! OMG! Anyway, the stress might be making me more restricted. I CAN eat, I simply don't want to. Nothing appeals, and when I eat, nothing tastes good....til the oranges. I am eating them for breakfast too!!! LOL

I am off to bed early. On a Zyrtec blah-----oooooohhhh that may be the cause too, now that I think about it, the appetite has been gone about the same length of time I have been hitting the allergy meds. AHA!!!!

See ya in the morning!

Kat

Jane I think you are right! It might be it that has killed my appetite totally.

It is a relief to have an idea of why.....know what I mean?

Ok I am really off to bed now!

Nighty-night!

Kat

Buenos Noches Violetas~

Kat...even though you don't "feel" like eating, keep up your strength and get some good protien in. You want to be 100% for our trip and the surgery! How much weight will you lose w/ the surgery? That would be so cool. Go into surgery as 180 and come out 160 (or something like it).

I was sooo good w/ eating (or barely eating) today...UNTIL...the margi and chips and salsa! We went to Cinco de mayo celebration. It is very big here in Southern Cal. (I am sure in NM and TX too). Well, I had 1/2 a Patron margi...OMG. I only ate a small bit of food today, and could totally feel the booze. So I switched to diet coke (bad girl) and chips/salsa. The 3 of us split nachos, I ate literally about 3/4 c. of food (that is hard to measure...but it was not a lot). We had a great time. We were there 5 hours! Susanne had 2 1/2 large margi's and then 1 small one. Missy doesnt drink much...so she is snoring next to me now! Anyway...fun night!

TTFN

Morning gals

Pam - I have a drink semi regularly, but when I have margarita, I feel so bloated and yucky. Maybe it is the lime juice or the sugar in there but something does it.

Off for another day - it is nice here again so i'm going to mow the lawn.

ttfn

Hey Gang...

I'm here... but am out the door in 5, so I'll catch up later. Life is just swirling, whirling all around me... I have so many folks in my life w/so much going on & I'm trying to be the cheerleader for them all that it is starting to take its toll on me... I cannot wait for our trip!!! Altho I'm starting to think I'll have to stick to an all-liquid diet while there -- ALL MARGARITAS!! he he he.

Make it a good one & I'll try to get back on today...