Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning violets-

On purpose....I ate like a pig all weekend and I am not even getting on the scales this morning. i wanted to get all of the temptations out of the way and start over this morning. I felt like I was on a diet for a whole year and now I just needed a weekend pass (well 2 week pass). I am ready for business now! Back to the bandster rules for me so I can see if I can finish this. Or at least get back to where I was which was 173 when I had the flu. Never wish I would get a virus again until now :wink2:

Have a great day violets....Happy Monday

Good Morning, Violets.

Ethan has arrived and I have a staff meeting at 9:30 so I'm already up, dressed and finishing Breakfast.

Tracy.. nothing wrong with getting off the horse as long as you get back on with renewed intentions. I've been off the path as far as snacking, but in the midst of it all, I've been exercising and I certainly have not been eating as much as I would have pre-band. I really have to set my mind to the 160's cause it's so darn close. I really need to get another angel so people quit asking me about it!! But at least they are interested in my journey and are very supportive.

Gotta run and get ready for my staff meeting this morning. Everyone have a great day. Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!!!

Suzie... 50?? Sheeeeeeeeesh, just a baby!!! Wait til you get really old.... like me!!

Tracy, I'm with you. I feel sometimes that after over a year of losing and eating small amounts and behaving that I'm done with dieting. But in reality I know it's not over with by a long shot. I just feel done with it. So, I pledge with you to start anew. It's a fresh start for us and with a renewed spirit we can do this. Here's something, everytime we start to falter we just tap our forehead and repeat to ourselves, Think, Think, Think. That will remind us to think about where we came from and where we are going to end up. I'm in this with you, does anyone else wanna join us?????

It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees today. Unfortunatly Ive to work for several hours. Buts that's ok. I'll enjoy it when I get off work. They are calling for rain the next 3 days so I don't think the pool people will be out this week. Maybe the pool will be in in time for my B-day. Hope, Hope.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs to you all.

Drink, Drink, Drink.

Happy Cinco De mayo to all my Hermanitas.

(Hope I spelt that right)

Morning gals

just a quick check in, bad night sleep, and have a 10am appt and hav to drop off ds

Good morning Violets! Yes Pam, you spelled it right!

Weather is yuck today. Took me 1 1/2 hrs to get to work this morning and it normally takes me 45 min. Gross.

I had quite a productive weekend... Starting with Friday, I got to leave work early and meet my best friend. We went down to Chinatown and shopped and ate Dim Sum. YUM. I loooove that stuff. We finally came home around 8pm and then I had to bake a cake for a work meeting that we had on Saturday. Well, in my rush I put in too many eggs in my recipe and the cake turned out eggy. So at around 11:30 pm I ran down to Walmart and got more stuff to start all over. I didn't go to bed until 1:30 am. Saturday we had a big meeting at the office with some out of town visitors. I was in charge of the lunch spread so I got up early to assemble and ice my cake and then run to the deli to pick up our order. Then run to the office to set up the conference room. Whew. Saturday was over before I knew it. Sunday was just as busy. We went and got that island I wanted!! It looks so good in my kitchen. I'll send ya'll pics. Thank you for talking me into it! Then we ran around and did errands and in the evening me and mom and sisters went to go see Made of Honor. Umm, it was okay. It's like My Best Friends Wedding. But Patrick Dempsey is so cute and my loves him so she made us go see it, LOL.

I'm in need of a fill soooo bad. I tend to let the band do all the work. Saturday I had two BBQ ribs for dinner with some potato salad. Sunday I had two eggs scrambled with spinach. Dinner last night was chicken on the grill and I had two wings and half a thigh. I'm scheduled for a fill at the end of May, when my sister gets her first fill. Hopefully this one will be the one that lasts...

Sorry for my rambling!

Denise - Your baby girl looks so good!! What a wonderful picture of her and her husband. She is glowing!

I didn't see the Kentucky derby but I heard about that poor horse. OMG I would have cried! I hate to see animals suffering. Did anyone see that Oprah show about the puppy mills. I didn't see it on purpose. I know what happens but I feel so helpless sometimes. I donate to shelters and do volunteer work but how can we get these dog abusers to stop?? Ugh...

Off to get my coffee... Suzie, thanks for the drink reminder. It always helps me. When I see it I always fill up my liter bottle and bring it in with my coffee and as soon as I finish my cup I get started on my water...

GOOD MORNING! So far so good.......... I've only had coffee w/sf creamer...

I brought in canned chicken and brown spicey mustard. (this is going to be my lunch all week) It was either that or tuna! :wink2:

I bounced back up to 190 this morning (not suprising after the salt and crap yesterday)....... SO I'm HOPING to be a good bandster lc girl this week and see 185 by Friday.... next mini goal is 182 = 90 lbs lost.. then 179....... the 170's is my all time former low........... I will freak if I ever see 169 on the scale.< /p>

Terry: LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!!!!!

So, I'm thinking I'm bringing mainly capri's pants to SA.. One swim suit, w/shorts.....

Have a great day Vi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought some, what I call 'hoochie' shorts a week or so ago. DH whistled in approval, but I said.. where would I wear these? Definitely not work, and would I brave public in such things. 2 are jeans, one is khaki and the last is brown. But none of them come more than like 2-4 inches from my crotch. In the past if I wore these, my thunder thighs made them ride up and disappear (eek!). Now? They don't!! I can't get over it, I wore them around the house a couple days, and found myself skipping, jogging, etc.. testing them, waiting for them to suck. Only suck part is when I sit down, they disappear lol. Anyway, I finally braved it and wore them in public twice this week.. and all was good! Point of my long story.. I'm wearing my hoochie shorts to Gruene.

DH only likes to eat once a day, which really screws me up. If I don't eat but once a day, when I finally eat that one time I want to go overboard.

I was up by noon yesterday, but was in bed till 4 watching tv and waiting for DH to wake up. By 4 I finally woke him up. He was hungry, so I made fish sticks.. I ate 2. But then I'm hungry an hour or so later. I didn't know what I was wanting, and I went grocery shopping on Sat. so I grazed really fierce!! Had a couple funyuns, couple Pork rinds, couple ruffles with onion dip (mmhm, I like this stuff that goes down).. then I had 2 strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream. Hour or so later I had 2 dove caramel pieces...and a soup-at-hand chicken & stars (about half of it). Hour later, in bed again.. ate a few chicken n a biscuits. Healthy day right?! So I made egg salad wraps for our lunch today, packed it all up.. and forgot it!!! I forgot it because DH (and in this case it means DAMN) turned on an action movie at 5am!!! I think you guys know, I have a horrendous time sleeping. And then once I am asleep, it's impossible to stay asleep, every little thing wakes me up.. dog snoring, DH snoring, airplane going over, etc. So I have a routine, I keep comedies on the tv in the background, turned really quiet, just so my brain has something to drown out all the other noises. I've told DH in the past when he puts on like CSI or The Unit, shows with 'intense' voices and crap wake me up and make my heart panicky so then I am wide awake. Well some reason he thinks The 5th Element is a good thing to watch at 5am. The first 5 minutes there's screaming and screeching, so there I am wide awake at 5am. I cussed him out and stormed into the living room with my pillow & blanket. Didn't fall back asleep till about 7:40am and the alarm clock goes off at 8. So I am tired and cranky this morning!!

Oh I am holding 228lb like a charm though, no more bouncing into 230's :wink2:)

What's with new rep power numbers??

Good morning, slept late, didn't sleep great, but everytime I had to spit up I took tums after the episode and went back to bed. Seemed to do the trick for an hour or so. When this is fixed I AM GOING TO SLEEP SOOOOO GOOD.

Well everyone have a great day!! I am going to clean and organize some things. Still haven't totally finished switching winter/spring.

Haydee, been up late at night baking, NO FUN!!

TracyK, I am with you in spirit on your diet journey, but don't want to commit myself not knowing what the fill situation is going to be tomorrow.

Jane

No fill, got one, reflux is horrible so they might take Fluid out of band.

On a different note, I am getting something personalized for a friend that has her name hyphenated, can only fit two initials, does anyone know what the protocol is for that? This friend is Gina Barren-Hetlage, do I make it GB or GH. She loves her new husband, so I want to make GH but I think I am supposed to make it GB, now that is her ex, and she only refers to him as her kids father, no name, or else a bad one I can't repeat. Any ideas???

Jane

No fill, got one, reflux is horrible so they might take Fluid out of band.

On a different note, I am getting something personalized for a friend that has her name hyphenated, can only fit two initials, does anyone know what the protocol is for that? This friend is Gina Barren-Hetlage, do I make it GB or GH. She loves her new husband, so I want to make GH but I think I am supposed to make it GB, now that is her ex, and she only refers to him as her kids father, no name, or else a bad one I can't repeat. Any ideas???

Jane

Protocol, schmotocol. If you're limited to 2, then definitely GH.

Edited by Teachlady

Hi Ya'll.

Crazy weekend. I did have a looooong post for ya'll yesterday, complete with pics of my son in prom attire, then lost the post. Bah!!! Walked away in disgust.

I started on Michelle's jewelry last night and am so excited about it! The cogs of creativity were churning and churning before i finally figured out what I wanted to do...and now the easy part...putting it all together! Can't wait to go home tonight and work on it.

Mom's been adding a great deal of stress to my life for the last few days. I just don't know how people do this alone (Pamela, Judy & Suzie)!! I've got a whole staff at the nursing home PLUS my sister and I can still barely keep it together.

Janie - since the old initial is her ex, I'm with Judy... GH.

Gotta run...will be back later!

XOXO

I am holding strong............ I got really hungry so I opened another can of chicken.. and to make SURE I didn't backslide.. I drained the Water from the can into the baggie of Cookies that I had stashed in my desk!!!!!!!!! Yayyyy Tracy..

and I've had 1 30 oz glass of water so far!

Day ONE is always the hardest.....