Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Can I just say that I like that the board went back to the previous lay-out, esp on the main page. I was getting so annoyed at being able to see all those "Hi, I'm new here and this is my problem..." or "Hi, I'm having severe pain... what should I do?" posts... uh, duh... why are you posting here? Call your doc!

I tried not to look at them... now I don't have to.... yay!

Just when you said that...they changed back to the old "newer" version of the home page...

If you will click on the FORUM tab as opposed to the HOME tab, you will have the normal page....

Judy--Manda did the same thing. She actually worked as a nurse for 3 years. She always worked in a Dr.'s office setting, not in a hospital setting--but up and decided she was not making enough money, and was sick of the Dr.'s wives----and is now an administrative assistant with BP---working the oilfield stuff, and makes double what she used to---and LOVES it. She has a great boss---his wife is super nice to her, but has no say in the business! She works with all men, there is not the backbiting between women. The company is broke down into multiple sections, and in her group, she is the only woman---there are 17 men, she is responsible for getting them where they need to be when they need to be there----scheduling for the equipment. She made up a PM (Preventative Maintenance) schedule for their equipment, after listening to Rick harp on maintaining it as opposed to repairing it. It cut costs so sharply in their group, it drew attention. She has recently been approached about taking a new position, scheduling maintenance for the entire plant!!!

With her health issues, and the knowledge of how good her boss is to her, she plans on offering to share the info, but is turning down the job.

I had a serious heart to heart with her this morning. Told her I was so mad at her I could spit nails, but it is from fear! I told her if she would not accept this treatment for Kinsey, she should not accept it for herself, because she is as important to Kinsey as Kinsey is to her. And she deserves her Mom to be at her Graduation, and her wedding----but if she doesn't take care of herself she may not be around to even walk her to her first day of school....did she want some other woman taking her????

She is supposed to be getting a call about an appointment for the echo----we'll see.

Well it used to be that my friend Patty and I could go to town and buy sets top/bottoms and swap one piece and it fit. She is an extreme pear shape. So I would take the larger top and smaller bottoms, and she the opposite. She come by this morning, and she had found some jammies on sale---so she bought them in both sizes----but she bought the large ones in a 3X----so the tops are HUGE even on me! Not sure about what I am going to do--she needs that size I guess on bottom-----so I might just try to take them up.......they are just jammies after all!!! Will see how her parts fit. The bottoms are a Large, and they are big----so hopefully her bottoms will be too big too, and we can just exchange it all!

I sat on the back patio shelling peanuts for Kinsey, and ate a few, I think I must not have chewed well, they are not settling....probably nerves + lack of chewing=icky!!!

When Kinsey broke her leg, we put her down for a nap, expecting her to wake up fine----she didn't----she woke up still broke!!! I think we all do those things, because kids whine.....and you never really know!!!! And Charles was probably using that as a good excuse to still be a little angry with you over projecting yourself in other ways too.....someday he will get used to you doing for YOU too!!!

Judy---you will be happy to know I have things in my suitcase!!!

Anyone interested in some capri's in probably a 16---maybe an 18? I got them out to pack---they are a no go!!! Unless someone wants them! Still looking for my old pants Terry!

Well I am off to walk, and try a Tracy Shimmy to see if my tummy will settle down.......

Kat

I'm wearing 16's!! Me! me! Me!

Woohoo Terry!!

I just landed a big graphic design job! I took graphic art classes, and I do my SecondLife clothing design, and every once in a while, the smaller record labels need graphic design, so I've done that. Today the City came in and want a brochure designed, so I quoted it for em. Woot. $$$. Woot. Gonna be the biggest undertaking I've done, kind of nervous & excited at the same time. Been working on the contract for it.

The shorts and capri's I have are now sitting ready to go into my suitcase.....for whoever fits them. Feels kinda like a Cinderella story....without the rich, handsome prince of course!!! LOL

Well off to help Kinsey get her doll house put away so her Mommy can get her and go home.....BBL~~

Kat

This is "Volunteer Appreciation Week" at the hospital. So tonight when we went in there was a banquet for all the volunteers. It was very nice and the food was great. We had a good time. The department that hubby and I work in gave us a gift certificate to BlockBuster. That was so unexpected. We had a good night and just missed out on a brand new baby being born.

Night everyone, sleep tight.

Suzie... I got a certificate to the local nursery. Then they called me and asked if I could work tomorrow. lol I just do a bunch of filing so it's a no brainer for me.

Had a good day today. I got the hitch on the car so we can pull the boat, and got new brakes so the boat doesn't end up in the back seat of the car when I try to stop!!

Choir was great tonight. We are gearing up for Gospel Sunday on June 8th. It's the last sunday for the choir for the summer and we pull out all the stops with lots of toe tapping, knee slapping songs. Everyone always looks forward to it.

I best be heading to bed. I have a nail appointment tomorrow, then the hospital shift and then Ethan for the afternoon.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well..

Morning girls

I'm so sorry I worked last night because I'm always bloated when I work but.... isn't today contest day?????

202!!! I think I started at 208 so that is -6 for me... YIPEE, I'll take it since I was sadly at 217 at one point during the contest

I'm off to get ready I have a conference call for ds for kindergarden speech and a 9:30 meeting with the new job

make it a good one

Contest...I am the exact same weight. So you gals can duke it out!! (at least i did not gain and I am still smoke free. that is huge for me)

Good morning violets! Lots and lots to do @ work today. Makes me happy cause the day will go by quickly.

Tomorrow I am taking half a day off cause mom is coming to pick up macy for the weekend! I am going shopping to see if I can find me a new bathing suit too!

can you inmagine how quiet this thread is gonna be in a couple of weeks? I can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!

Pam-how did you do in the quake? I heard about it on the news this morning. Are you OK?

Ack! DD is calling me to get going...

Contest ending weight = 235.2. Don't remember what my start number was... hope someone does!!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Contest~ Exact same weight:confused2: The last week or so, I've really over eaten...sad but true. I think I am having an issue. I totally wanted a ciggy yesterday soooo bad. But...no gain...no loss...(shrug).

I am getting a fill today, which will help a lot.

Tracy~ I thought it was the wind. My friend was here, and she said, "did we just have an earthquake?" I said, "no, it was the wind..." What an idiot. Then just then, the newsguy popped on and said it was a 4.2...but it was kinda scary last night. Our mountain is still on fire, the wind is soooooo bad, we had a big rig tip over cause of the wind, and then the earthquake. What a night.

Susanne comes in tonight. Haven't seen her since Monday. We are going to walk the street fair. I usually spend too much $$$. Since I can't eat food tonight, I'll probably get a slushie and enjoy!

Have a great day!

xoxoxo

Good Morning, Violets...

contest stats.... gained 2#.. lost inches. it's a wash for me, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I feel great and have lost since my last fill and am not bouncing up and down now right now, so that's a plus.

I have a goal for the trip and I'm sticking with that.

Busy day for me today so I better get my butt in gear. I'm anxious to see who wins the contest!!

Make it a good one everyone... catch ya later!!

Laura do you have the contest stats?? I weigh 243 this morning. Whoever comes in second I can either mail you your Shampoo or bring it with me. I think I lost 2 or 3 pounds. But it is the same 2 or 3 pounds I have been flirting with for a while.

Having major reflux issues, don't know if it is band related or not. Think I will call Dr. and see.

Have a good one.

Jane