Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

no habla espanol (this is what I learned from spanish 1 in 9th grade)

GREAT TO SEE YOU SUZIE! I too can see a huge difference in your jaw line! Whoooohooooo!

Laura,

I'll help if I can. I am not not not too good...just school Spanish etc. Haydee might be a better resource. But between the 2 of us we probably can help a lot. Plus the Cindy is a Spanish teacher!

Your covered!

Well here's my dilemma.

Each week there's like 20 assignments. About 15 of them are words in the book, or assignments online, where I can use the translator (online) to get an 80% or better.

Then there's a handful of assignments each week, where you have to LISTEN to something in spanish. Oh dear. I couldn't even pronounce this stuff if I tried, much less understand a single word they are saying.

So you listen to the audio, then have to answer questions (responses, or observations from the audio) in spanish.

And therein lies my problem. It's asking me if Maria did yadda yadda, and I didn't even hear them say Maria in the audio!! So confusing. Anyway, I need someone to listen to the audio and translate answers for me on the audio stuff.

POR FAVOR!

Laura-if it was a menu in spanish you needed help with, I would be your girl! I get an A+ in THAT! Sorry I can't help!

Suzie-great pics! GO YOU!

I am so stoked that American Idol comes on tonight. Yes, I watch it and I love it :cool: I will just have to record the biggest loser and watch it in the morning.

Everyone have a great evening! I am going to go choke up the cheese stick I just ate....BAD ME!

Suzie those pics were great!! You can really tell in your face, you look great!! I was just talking about before and after pics, and still thank Tracyks for putting them together for me.

I am also excited about American Idol tonight. I got off a bit early tonight and will watch it instead of taping it. The first few shows are so funny. Do some of those people really think they are good???

Well I have got a couple minutes before it starts.

Jane

WOWSER - I have finally caught back up to date. Shrinking Violets are a chatty bunch - and of course I can't skip a post -- :lol:

Great designs Laura.

Suzie - definetly see difference and great progress!

I am not losing - fighting to stay at or just less than 250 lb. This has been going on since mid october. Old feelings of diet failure are returning. Yesterday I did start riding my bike again. Eatting is my problem- I don't eat as much as I use to -- but I can eat things I am not suppose to be able to -- and not getting the full feeling. Doctor says I am as tight as can be -- just my esphogus muscle is not working now. Asked me if I was taking any narcodic's - I am not -- so the wind is out of my sails right now. You are all doing so well -- great job - keep up the great work!

hi gals

it has been an absolutely horrible week but I do have a job interview tomorrow afternoon with a temp agency but the job is a closing coordinator for an attorney so it might be great. My #1 reference is the Executive Director of the NYS Bar Association and 15 years of mortgage experience so pray for me, i need to get out of my stepmoms, not only because i'm not loosing an ounce - but for emotional reasons i can't even get into.

I have court on Thursday and spent most of today fighting with dbf. (shhhhhhhhh don't tell... I won!) So court is going to be a nightmare anyway, it always is, so I just need this eek to be over.

anyway, just needed to vent and get it out. won't bother you all with my petty bs

GR8: I totally understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I am downing 3 liters of Water during the day and eating perfect and whammo dh brings home 3 kinds of icecream! THREE.......... dibs, blue bunny i.c. sandwhiches and regular ice cream....... AHHHHH I ate it and then felt guilty.... so as I'm watching Biggest Loser.. I'm feeling like a loser! I did do some lunges and leg lifts but I still feel so freaking stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so dang weak...

Wow, Tracy doing exercises. Gonna mark my calendar.

Just got home from my Scripture Study group and found out that one of our girls in the group had some horrible news. Her 20 month old granddaughter had died. Her father laid her down for the night and the next morning they went in to get her and she was dead. After the class I went up to her and told her "Thank You for coming". I gave her a really nice long hug. I told her I didn't know what to say to her. That I couldn't imagine what the family was going thru. She said I didn't need to say anything, that the hug was just what she needed. It's times like that when I remind myself that I don't have it so bad. I've lost people in my life but to lose a baby. That's just unimagineable. Keep this family in your prayers.

Ok, Don't forget that tomorrow is CTCD. And I want to tell you all how proud I am of for doing your Water intake. Keep up the good work.

Hugs to all of you, Suzanne.

I swear something is wrong with my brain. Yesterday at work I told Jill when I relieved her to "Have a great weekend". She just looked at me like I was nuts. She said you do know it's Monday.

So, even though tomorrow is not an official CTCD. Do it anyway.

And don't forget about the Water.< /span>

Susie, I LOL'd on "have a good weekend!" Talk about Freudian slip! I'll say a prayer for the family. That is terribly sad.

I am home from dance class. I swear, the last 2 days, I am working my butt off and getting a good sweat, but I can't seem to give it my 100%. I am so glad tomorrow is day 3 of the period and starts to ease up a bit! Man...this one was a doozey (sp).When they were going push ups...I just laid there.

Welcome back Gina! I am w/ you...living around 249-252 for ever. Haven't weighed in a few days cause of TOM...praying for a wooshhh.

I am still floored by that student w/ the periods. I pray for strength. My poor students have been working their butts off the last 2 days, Ms. K is NOT in a good mood!

Jenn~ OOOO honey....sending you bunches of PURPLE POWER for your interview tomorrow!! Keep us posted on how it went. Wear something that makes you feel confident and assertive. If you FEEL good, it will come across. And good for you winning against dbf!

Wonder how the movie was for Kat! I LOVE going to the movies, especially when everyone else is working.

TracyK and Jane~ I LOVELOVELOVE American Idol! So glad it is coming back. Have you all watched Dance Wars? I know it is cheesy, but at the same time, I love the singing and dancing. Tracy...almost time for BB!

Too much TV, so little time!

TTFN

xoxoxoxoxo

Jennifer-- Bother us all you want. That is why we are here. Getting things off your chest and out of your mind is one way of making your life run smoother. We need that because we need to concentrate on our weight issues. And if yours are like mine, that's a full time job. Don't even think that we don't care. We really do.

Hugs to you for a better day. :lol: :hug: :mad: :hug: :grouphug: :hug: :grouphug: :hug: :grouphug: :hug: