Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Sorry Laura, it is frustrating when you do everything right!!!

TracyKS you are doing great on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TracyK good point about staying home and working!!! GEE what a novel idea--WORK!!! I wonder if these people have a good work ethic, or they just want someone else to pay for their work. I think the younger ones haven't really experianced life yet, so they don't count. I didn't notice the dry eyes that is kind of funny though. At this point I hope it is Ryan.

Hi Pam, Kat, Denise, Susie, Jennifer, Michelle, Judy, & Haydee (love the email about the people coming in and robbing or adding to you!!!)

be patient grasshopper... you are due for a WHOOOOOOSH!

OMG...great minds think alike. I read Laura's post and thought, " aahhh grasshopper...it will come soon!"

Hi-

My DD is in the ER. She come in from work yesterday and could hardly move, all her joints and muscles ached. She is not running fever or anything, and was drinking her usual bottle of water--I think one is permanently attached to her hand. She went home, went to bed early, said she slept in spurts, woke everytime she tried to move, and had to holler for Jason to help her get out of the bed---she was too stiff to move.

She called her Dr. he said he thought she needed to go to the ER. I went in and picked up Kinsey, Jason took her to the ER. That was at 5 this morning. I just talked to her, she said they took blood, started an IV, she saw a Dr. for about 3 minutes, and he knew nothing yet. Her blood pressure is extremely low. 96/40.

I don't know if it might be stress related with all the other things she is dealing with, in addition to her personal life decisions she is trying to make. Or if it related to one of the problems--the heart or the ovary. She is supposed to have an ultrasound later today. I am hoping to confirm nothing is wrong heart wise they will go ahead and do an echocardiogram while she is there. I know they will eventually do an EKG, but I am hoping for more....

I ask her if she wanted me to find someone to take care of Kinsey and come over, she said no she was ok with Jason there, she wanted to be sure someone was with Kinsey if they put her in the hospital or something....so here I sit. When my Mom gets home--she and my Dad are at one of their old friends, funerals---so when they get home, I will take her to them and go on over to the hospital.

Manda is very scared. Her half sister is hysterical, and has called me several times. Her Aunt--her Moms sister, so Manda's step Aunt (no blood relation) died unexpectedly 2 years ago when she was 36. She was not feeling well, had been achy for days. It got worse, she got up in the night and moved in to sleep on the couch. When her DH noticed her gone, he went in and ask if she was ok. He said she told him, it hurt her everytime he moved the bed. He told her to go get in bed, and he would sleep out on the couch, she told him, no she didn't want to get up. When he got up the next morning, she was dead. Autopsy found she died of a dissected aorta. Manda's sister said they told them her artery just disconnected from the heart itself, but it looked as though it had been a problem for awhile.

So Manda being achy has her Sister on the edge. She has been having a bad time herself---just lost (?) a pregnancy. She had been to the Dr. She began spotting, they did the ultrasound, and all looked good. Then a couple weeks later she began bleeding again, and when they did the ultrasound, they found no baby in the amniotic sac, they said it had reabsorbed into her system. I guess it is pretty common--oftentimes what happens, and is either never a confirmed pregnancy, or wrote off as a standard miscarriage.

I am worried enough without the drama queen of her sisters dire stories. And I don't mean that to sound so uncaring, I like her sister a lot----there are just some fears one should keep to themselves.

Well I am rambling out of nerves. I will let you know what I hear.

Kat

OMG, they are sending Manda home--they did NOTHING!!! I ask her if they did an EKG, she said he did not even listen to her heart with a stethascope! Nothing! Her blood work come back raised some, he said he would send off some blood to check for rhuemtoid arthritis----but other than a low blood pressure and slighly elevated white count, he found nothing wrong. Well he sure as hell did not look too hard. She said he did not palpitate her belly in the area of the ovary problem---nothing! NOTHING!

I am so frustrated---and scared for her--I don't know what to do. She is going to have Jason bring her here, and we are going to call the Heart Hospital, explain what is going on, and ask them if this is something she should be concerned enough about to head to Albuquerque, or whether her appointment in 5 days is soon enough....see what they say. She could probably get in to see her PCP----see if he has any ideas.

She goes for the ultrasound this afternoon--but does not SEE the gyno until 05/01.

Poor Kinsey, my nerves are on edge, and she is in an "I want" mood......not mixing well.

Will check in later as I know anything.

Thanks Jane----I wish you were closer too.....

Kat

Kat, what if she's just starting to get a bug or something little like that? Is she on any new medications or eat any weird food lately (possible allergic reaction)? Everyone's on pins because of what she's been going thru recently, but this is probably totally unrelated. Try not to get upset. Is she feeling any better now...? ...or still the same?

They gave her Toradol in her IV, so that helped some, and sent her home with a Rx for Lortab. Part of me is relieved to think a Dr. is not concerned, but at the same time, I feel like with the diagnosis she has received of late, at least an EKG, which takes minutes to do, was called for. Her blood pressure was really low like I said, but her pulse was running 123. He kept saying she must be dehydrated, but the nurse said no, she was an easy stick, and bled without problem. So they just quit worrying about it. She is supposed to call me when the Heart Hospital calls her.

My Mom has fibromyalgia. It hit her hard and fast, during a time of high stress, when my Dad was having heart surgery. I mentioned it to Manda, with the amount of stress she has been under with all of this.

Called my Son--told him he better back off of riding her about her personal life----it was none of his business, and I was sick of it. He called her, and told her he was sorry he got involved and he loved her. I was ready to stomp him! He works with Ryan---and he thinks she screwed up. I cannot imagine her trying to cope with all she is right now, and worrying what the heck Lindzie was up to, with Kinsey.....I told him that too!! I was a MOM!!! He may be 27---but he knew I was not happy with him! I pointed out a few of his bigger mess ups and how she stood by him, and pointed out WHO he should be siding with---his sister, neither one of the other guys! aarrgghh---did feel good to have someone to get mad at though!!!

It might be a virus beginning, she had no fever but a raised white count. Kinsey on the other hand is running a slight fever. She come to give me a hug and felt warm---so....who knows. I pray it is nothing! I just wish he would have ruled things out, even if he could not pin point the problem, ruling some out would have appeased me.

If something happens to my DD ---- you will all have to come see me on visiting day.

Kat

Hey shrinking violets - Happy 1 year anniversary to all of you, what an amazing year it has been right?

I'm a January bandster, but thought I would pop in to see my friend TracyinKS - you guys are doing great!

Wow Kat, how scary! Did they tell the doctor the family history?!

Hope everything is ok with her, sending purple vibes!

Debating eating bad & lots of calories to shock my metabolism back into shape. I am not a patient person, as most of you probably know by now!!

I just finished 2 finals, 66% on one (darn), and 70% on another (YAY.. yes, yay).. I have to do 2 more assignments and I am DONE with school for the semester. Oh and one more final.. we leave for Tunica in the morning, isn't coming quick enough.. I need a break, so much junk going on with work, and school and then my weight loss pissing me off. Send me good luck vibes so I come home a millionaire or something. :thumbs_down: