Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi guys

Kat - thanks for the tips. I am going to make an appt with my PCP I am starting to have some rashes and issues. Which i guess is goodd.

Well, I'm thrilled, I just booked my hotel for May 15! just did it... I got an email from my priority club and just sucked it up and made a decision!

YIPEE

I have an appt on 4/17 which is the day after my bandiversary didn't do that on purpose but i need to get it together before then, I would really like a little fill, he won't give me one, you all know what he puts me through

Those rashes/boils/lesions,etc. I've had my whole life and no one documented it. Even Gyno & Derma that both said plastic surgery may be the only way to stop it, neither of them offered to document it. Dang it.. I go back to Derma this month, suppose to be for whacko drugs, but I'm going to ask them to start documenting it and giving me other treatments that won't possibly make me blind & deaf.

Judy, Hope your feeling better.

I'm off to bed early, taking my friend to have her colonoscopy done tomorrow morning. :thumbup:

It's been a long day and my butt is dragging.

Have a great evening.

post-214709-13813136826399_thumb.jpg

Kat, will help with compression garment and drain if you need me to. Had them both, and living by myself got quite good at them!! The drain was in for 4 weeks from my hernia, so I was an expert at it.

Hope all had a good day!!

Jane

I love you guys-----I am going! Besides, Jane needs her roomate---maybe it was divine intervention--that we are roomies--since she says she is experienced with the post op!!!!

Laura, anytime they wrote in your chart, and indicated any lesions in the area, it is considered documentation....it does not have to be a visit strictly for that. So it might be worth getting copies of your records so you can go through them, see what was wrote when, and make copies of it, so when you do get ready, a few years from now, after the kids are born----you have a backlog of documentation, and definitely from here on out, make sure they notate anytime there is a sore, boil, heck a cat scratch in the area!!!

Any other tips I catch from them as I go through this, you know y'all will hear!

Oh and Laura, I didn't save my signature---but it isn't like a biggie---delete it if you need to. I don't have a photobucket account or anything.....

Terry--how is your Mom? Is there an address I can send her a card to??

I have decided to wait until just before my appointment to schedule surgery----which is supposed to be on the 18th---so I called and scheduled my total unfill for the 17th. Then I will just have the time between the 2 to work without a net----er band!

My restriction is back, since being so sick. I am actually looking at the unfill for surgery as a possible good thing. I cannot quit worrying that maybe as sick at my stomach as I got, that I might have slipped my band. So....I figure, awhile unfilled, is the first step in righting something like that too. I just feel like I did in the beginning, much tighter than I was used to.

I told you last week that the mini chicken sandwiches at Applebees were perfect for me. Today I could only eat 1/2 to 3/4 of the mini sandwich---but I had been drinking Water prior to the meal coming----and I was stressed. As I say we had my DIL and 2 grandkids with us!!!

I am not in pain, and food is definitely passing, so I am not super concerned.....just feels different. My Dr. said that was not unusual. It would you think jump my weight loss---it has not! I have lost 1.5 pounds through all of this. I would have expected 5-7 pounds! Oh well----as has been pointed out today--I am NOT gaining!

Y'all have a great night--see ya in the morning!

Kat

I am up at 4:00a....on my day OFF!!:thumbup: I never sleep well when I've had cocktails. Last night I went out with my girlfriends and had only 2 glasses of wine. It doesn't take much to ruin my night's sleep.

Tracy, curious... do you find that you're sleeping better since you quit smoking? I did!

Hey!! Today is my Bandiversary!! Like Pam, I'm a little disappointed...but mostly I'm pretty darn happy. I'm not disappointed in the band. It has definitely done what it promised to do! Actually, I am quite happy just because I can fit into normal size clothes and look halfway decent in them...nothing like those extra 35# did to me. If I never lost another pound I'd be quite content. I have no regrets at all. :rolleyes:

Kat - I'm so happy to hear that you're determined to make the trip come hell or high Water. Of course I would never recommend that you toob but the float is only a couple of hours (some can go longer if they want) and you may need the extra rest anyway. Man, you are gonna be ONE HOT CHICK. I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!

I've got another PS consult today...this time I'm going to also discuss Lipo on my tummy. I probably could use a TT but not willing to go thru all that since I don't have a pannus (sp?). Hell, I could use everything, but I'm thinking brow lift (a must), botox and lipo. That should fix me up for a couple of years. :eek:

Michelle - I'm proud of you for crawling into bed the other night instead of into the cookie jar. You did real good, girlfriend. Way to go.

Morning girls

I'm up getting ready for my interview, drinking coffee. Have to leave in an hour. I got the worst night sleep last night, my stomach is still not great!

Terry - I hate wine, just for that reason. Taste good but 1 glass will give me the worst hangover ever. St. Patty's day I drank an entire bottle of vodka over 13 hours, but felt fantastic the next day, but 1 glass of wine and i'm done for days.

Hope you have a good day off

Well, Kat, I'm just so happy for you

Off to get ready... ttfn

I'll check in when i get back and let you all know how it went

Terri,

Happy Bandiversary to you

Happy Bandiversary to you.

Happy Bandiversary to Terri,

Happy Bandiversary to you.

You're amazing. :thumbup: :rolleyes: :eek: :thumbup:

Jennifur,

Sending Good Luck vibes your way. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :thumbup:

post-214709-13813136827962_thumb.jpg

Good morning violets-

Terri-I have always slept like a baby until taking these pills. The nights are getting better since I only take on epill per day now.

TGIF....

As far as PS....I have some documentation, I just hope it is enough. You would think that 3 or 4 cases of staph and back problems would be enough for them to cover it. Never went to the dr for the rashes cause I was always too embarassed. Now I wish I would have. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone and I guess I'll be back after work.

Good Fri Morn, Vi's~~

Ugh. I splurged and had a piece of crustless ham & cheese quiche for b'fast this a.m. (99.9% of the time I have a Protein Shake for b'fast...) and it is stuck in there, gurgling all around, and HURTING! I'm not sliming tho, and don't feel like I need to PB... but maybe I should go TRY to PB?? Or is that too much like bulimia?? Ugh. Ow.

I also have to leave for the day in 5 mins... so need to make up my mind FAST!

Make it a great day, everyone... avoid crustless quiche!

Morning V's~

Terri~ HAPPY HAPPY BANDAVERSARY! What an amazing year, eh? I have no regrets either. Congrats to you! Did I hear (see) you correctly...did you quit smoking too?! Congrats!

I went to get my unfill yesterday...but it didn't happen. He said I only need an unfill if I had an NG tube...which he didn't think I would. He said that once this is over, come in and he'd give me a fill and an appointment w/ the nutrisionist (sp?). I'm looking forward to getting back on track...AGAIN! lol

Happy Friday! Love you guys!

PS~I am not sure I am going toobing either on our trip. Sounds, ((shrugs)) fun but I thought since I am only there until Sunday I might shop or do something else. So Kat...you won't be alone!

xoxoxoxoxox

Oh yeah, we went to dinner last night and I had to PB on a small bite of salmon. We were sitting outside downtown, and I had to make that LOOONNNGGG walk to the back where the bathroom is. My mouth was full of slime by the time I got to the very full and very small bathroom! So, I run out and go out the back door (where we came in from and where the car was) and did a full PB in front of people on the grass. Thank Goodness I grabbed a napkin on my long walk. OMG...not good to run out fo a resturaunt and "puke" in front of people. Funny part was, afterwards (one heave) I stood up, wipped my mouth and walked back in and ate 1/3 of salmon...all asparagus...1/2 pasta...LOL.

Happy Anniversary Terry!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I for one am truly honored and privileged to call you my friend. You have done so much to inspire and to motivate us all in this little group of ours. I'm so happy to have found all of ya'll!!

Michelle - owie! hope you feel better. Did you end up PB'ing? When something like that happens it almost never comes back up for me. I just have to suffer through it, drooling, until it slides down.

I'm so glad it's Friday!!! Yay yay yay...