Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Now I can't figure out if I'm supposed to drink Water or not. Boy, they just like to keep us confused. All the news stations were talking about the new reports this morning. Water, no water. eggs, no eggs. meat, no meat. They can't make up there minds.

This is how I see it. I'm going to drink my water. I like it and I like how I feel drinking it. It does me good. And as soon as the pool is put in and we fill it, I'm going to like floating on it. I love water.

post-214709-13813136826027_thumb.jpg

Hi gals...

Tried to post earlier, but it vaporized. Good thing I copied & saved it 'til later (which is now)!!...

FINALLY! I get to type:

Good Thurs Morn, Vi's!~~

Only, it's afternoon now... duh.

Yesterday a.m. the 'puter was working fine... then I went to the Y and then met a friend for coffee... and when I came back: POOF! No Puter!! Waaah. But dh came home from Chicago last eve and he fixed it somehow this a.m.... I don't know how & I don't care how... THERE. Something nice about dh: He can fix computers!!

Man, I needed you guys last night... I've been really, really good w/exercising & following the bandster rules since we started the contest... well, last night I was ready to heave it all and go head-first into a vat of SOMEthing chocolate! The scale wouldn't budge and I was getting oh-so-very frustrated. But I couldn't get on, so I actually got into bed @ 7:15PM!! I watched tv, read a magazine... but I wouldn't get out cuz' I was afraid I'd eat!! So then this a.m. I got on the scale and it was DOWN -- Hallelujah!! Finally. So I didn't blow it and am still being a good little bander and trying to break out of the 30s!!!!! Phew!

Yay on the approval, Kat!!

Happy Bandiversary, Pam!!! Celebrate the great year you've had AND the wonderful one to come, as well!!

Tracy heard Haydee on the radio -- now THAT is cool!!!

Xmas in April? Oh my, Terri!! Can we come to the party??

Judy, feel better!

Hi Janie & Laura & Suzie!!

Ok, off to the store... bbl!

Laura... a hot topic on the news today is that you DON'T need to drink 8 glasses of h20 a day... that it is not a proven fact that it does ANYthing good for you... doesn't help w/wt loss, nice skin, or help your kidneys flush out toxins. I agree w/Suzie... the "experts" can't make up their minds. I feel better when I'm hydrated, so will continue to glug, glug, glug... + I like to imagine my fat globules flushing away w/all the pee'ing that I do! (I know, T-M-I!!)

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delayed response Tracy...I am from LaPorte, Texas.

Congratulations Pam on your anniversary and Kat on your plastic surgery!!

HI!

Well to 100% honest, I have not held the paper in my hands concerning what they approved. My Dr. submitted for a full Tummy Tuck. And she told me on the phone simply that it had been approved. If I get it and they tell me differently, then I will deal with just having the pannus removed----whatever to get rid of it.

Now I might have a dilemma. Terry--I got no mail day before yesterday, so I brought my check in, and have it still sitting addressed on the desk, was going to put it out yesterday, got my approval, and kind of lost my head for the day!! I am hoping to get my letter this week telling me the details on my approval.

According to the HR woman at Rick's work, since it was approved as a medical necessity, I HAVE to have my surgery within 30 days of approval. So if that is the case, I am going to have to call the Dr. and see if I am ok to fly. Plus, I do not want to be a wet blanket for y'all. I personally do not have an issue sitting pool side, and relaxing, like while you float the river....I can sit around and visit----so my plan is to come still-------I want both soooooo badly! I told you guys this was going to end up being my dilemma!!! Rick pointed out today at lunch, that a lot of people go to MX for PS, and they stay until the drains come out and then fly home. Plus the time I am gone, is a weekend, my Dr. will be closed too. So we are not seeing it as anything of an issue, except I might not move so smoothly on the dance floor when we go honky tonkin'!! And if it is still pretty new, I might need some help with compression garments, or bandages or something....that normally Rick would help with. Would someone be willing to help me??? Please??? I want to go soooo bad!

As soon as I know any little tiny detail--I will be sharing with you girls!

Judy, feel better. Kinsey is usually pretty perceptive of me not feeling well, and loves to wait on me!!! LOL Should take advantage of that while it lasts!!!

Took DIL and grandson to lunch today---was not in the plans, but it was fun. I am totally exhausted now though. That boy has one speed and it is FULL SPEED AHEAD! He does not slow down, he is impulsive, and has a bit of a mean streak! Yo have to watch him like a hawk. He will reach out and grab from the buggy/cart----doesn't matter if it is items off the shelf or a baby in another cart. Makes me a nervous wreck!!! I always think she will hear me discipline Kinsey someway, and get the idea to reign him in as well, but nope---she just lets him run. Upsets this Granny!

Suzanne I heard the same thing on the Water. But they didn't say drinking extra would hurt you. I KNOW from years of dieting, if I do not drink, I do not lose. So their studies will not affect how I drink either!

We have a cold front moving through with snow and or rain expected, it is chilly out for sure. I need to go to the bank--but Kinsey is settled in, watching her new Chipmunk movie---so I guess I will wait til she heads home. She wants a fire---she got her blanket instead!!

As for Dinah Shore, I of course heard rumors--I would imagine there were far more gay celebs/athletes etc. that just could not come out in the day and age they were born in. Like some of the long time couples----if divorce had been accepted then like it is now, they would never have stuck it out either.

Well, I am off to get some things done around the house. I have 0 energy, and if I don't.....I simply will do nothing today.

Talk to y'all in awhile.

Kat

Kat~ I will help as will any violets...you can count on us! We are so excited for you and will support you throught anything you need. Don't worry, you can count on us.

Kat

You better be there for the R&R!!!!! either way, i'm sure you will be in good hands and we will take good care of you - oh... and when I say we... I mean the other person who likes bandages... LOL Only kidding - I'm so happy you are our tester!

Tomorrow is the big interview

we will see!!!!!

I am on to you Kat, you're scheming to get out of tubing! :eek:

Hehe, do what you gotta do, you know any of us would trade places with you if given the oppertunity!!! :bolt:

That really is not true Laura--I was looking forward to that, because I feel in a controlled environment. I know none of you would find it funny to tip me out just to see if I really freaked out or not. The river seems like it must be pretty overall safe or it would not be such an attraction. I thought it would be the IDEAL way to face those minor fears! BUT muddy Water, and fresh incisions? Nah not thinking so!!

Girls I needed you earlier! I needed someone to take my brother, or my granddaughter, and then my Father off my hands! My brother is crippled--as I have told you--and he has to have a special type of boot, to hold his foot properly, and also one that the sole can be built up on. For umpteen years he has bought them at the Army/Navy Surplus store. Well now they have quit carrying them. So I tell him we might find out on line if the brand is still made and find a way to get a pair. He has hounded non stop over it. The style numbers he has worn in the past are no longer made, so he decided no, he'll check with the store again--then no he better get some ordered...back and forth! So today he comes, wakes Kinsey up, she is grouchy and wanting to put on a summer dress, and he is whining about why I can't look in other places on line because surely he is not the only one inthe world who wore those....OMG made me crazy! I snapped at Kinsey--which he is not a big fan of kids--and made her cry so when she started crying, he stormed out acting like a bigger baby than she was telling me to take care of my business and he will take care of his. So I call my Mom for sympathy, instead for some reason lately the phone rings--Dad always answers it----and he was zero help. He just did not say a word, not in agreement, not to calm me down, I might as well never have called! So I hung up, threw the phone and went and layed down with Kinsey and contemplated crying with her. I swear!

15 minutes go by.....and here he comes, to see if the kid calmed down. I finally told him--this is what you get or I cannot help you. So I ordered him a pair of $80.00 boots, that he isn't going to pay for until he knows if they will work. Fine it is worth it to get him out of my house. Dealing with his mental challenges have been waaaaaaay more challenge than I needed. And they want me to go check calves---cuz it is windy and they are not feeling 100%. Can't we go to Gruene today??????

If not Gruene......CALGON.......take me away!

Kat

OK, I am going to attempt a long post...this is the 2nd attempt. If I fail, I will only post a one liner after that!! I hate losing my posts. Sorry for the short personals but I just do not have the "umph" to type anymore...

mMchelle-it was way cool to hear haydee on the radio!

Judy-feel better!!

Terri-I don't remember what I had said before, so....:eek:

Kat-do not sweat it until you find out when youare having it done. It will all work out great!:eek:

Pamela-I don't remember what I said to you either...:eek: Sorry!

Angela-I am from Dickinson...so we are pretty close! My stepkids live in Laporte. Who did your surgery?

Jenn-i wish I could get a kitten but I am not ready for another pet after mine dying after so many years!

Laura- (or should we call you gym junkie?) I would not wanna go on my day off either!

Suzie-i plan on drinking my H2O anyway!

I know I missed someone but...sorry.:bolt:

I am just hurting in my back so bad and it has been a very long day. I am wanting a smoke even though I know I am not gonna get one! I do not really want it...I can not explain it...some of you may know what I mean.

I think I may not be able to get online at work anymore. I think they blocked me.

Have a great night everyone!

KAT – this is wonderful news! What steps did your doctor and you take to prove medically necessary. I will need one as well – if it weren’t for my stomach (aka spare tire) I could wear 2 sizes smaller jeans.

Terry – You make a good point. I was all depressed today going to my fill appt (last under the warranty) today – but when the doctor said I lost 12 lbs – in 12 weeks – that is typical for 1 year out – I am right on target. Where would I be without the band – 100 lbs plus more than I am now – very unhappy, unable to move, unable to daily chores and tasks – and very self conscious.

He also pointed out that my pouch has grown – this is typical for 1 year patient and perfectly normal– nothing to worry about . That is why I have the feeling I can eat more than I use to – so I am back on track – realizing not a failure – just in the advanced stages of a banded patient.

Get Well – Get Well soon – We want you to get well soon JUDY!

Michelle – great job avoiding the temptation. I am with you, trying to get out of the 30’s – I am on the high end right now. Known as toddler (238 – 242).

TracyK –hope your back gets feeling better soon --- there is nothing worse than back pain.

Suziecat – Igot my Water in for today --J

Good Night All! And to PAM and all of us Shrinking Violets this month:

post-216806-13813136826132_thumb.jpg

Well I am not trying to make mine worse than anyone elses....promise!!! But.....years ago, the abusive ex I refer to, h kicked me and tore an abdominal muscle. Well when it happen I was at a good weight for me--but had no insurance, and then I began putting on pounds, purposely at first, and before you knew it or I knew what hit me I was 240---and kept going from there. By then, you could see the collapse, my stomach is much bigger on the left side than the right. My weight then hindered any surgery after I did get insurance. Until now.

In addition to that, for the last year, everytime I had a breakdown of the skin, or a rash, I would show my PCP if I was in---I actually have 4 records of open skin lesions, then I also had a skin tear when I met with the PS. He put together 10 pages. He had size ratios, comparing the size of me elsewhere to the size of my pannus....took pictures - tons of pictures, he started me with my bra on and panties lowered beneath the pannus, facing him, and then had me turn like 1/8th of a turn, another 1/8th, all the way around. He noted muscle tone in the other parts of my body-took pictures of my calf muscle tone, as well as my biceps!! I think to show I have worked on it, this is just not something resolvable without surgical intervention.

He told me with the documentation, he was pretty sure he could get this approved. So if you haven't already, and you get a rash, or a skin tear in the fold of the pannus, or anywhere it might affect--including the lymph glands of the genital area he said---see your Dr. and have it documented.

I forgot about that, but he said an enlarged pannus sometimes does not allow the lymphatic fluids to drain in the genital area glands--and you can feel them swell like where your leg connects in, right at the panty line--he said that is problematic of pannus issues too. Never had that problem, but info to pass on!

I am so proud of all of you--this has been an amazing year for each of you! I know it is your bandiversary, but I feel like I got the gift---all of you!

Gotta finish cooking......

Kat