Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

:biggrin: I told dh about my consult appointment and he was like.. oohhhh (no emotion whatsoever) He has no clue that I will be cut hip to hip...... fun fun.... Tracy when do you look to have surgery????

I really don't expect to have it before 2009, but a little voice inside me wants it now!

I'm not even going to think about even saving up for it till post-goal post-kids. And that's forever away!!

But uh yeah, I showed DH what they do to lift the belly, that whole.. slit across your front (I always imagine someone standing up and their guts fall out..eek). I still can't fathom the healing pain. I read everyone who blogs about it, no one says how miserable they are, but I would just be so freaked by being cut all the way across that I'd imagine I was in more pain than I was hah hah.

If any of you guys do it, you gotta share everything!

Happy St. Patrick's Day To All.

I put my corned beef in the crock pot this morning before I left for work. Hubby was sad to hear that I took 2 of his beer cans to use. First time I have ever tried that. Hope it works out. Not cooking cabbage cause I don't like cooked cabbage. Love it raw, just not cooked. Probably just fry up some tators and onions to go with it.

Went to Bob Evan's for a late lunch with a friend of mine. I remebered to eat real slow and chew chew chew. I didn't finish all my lunch because of it. Good job. Now if I could just do that all the time. My appointment is Wednesday with Dr. Malley so I'm kinda anxious to see how I did.

Got my green on today and will try to remember to wear my yellow tomorrow for St. Spongebob day.

Have a great day.

I bought some cute "Lucky" undies for St. Patty's day, then completely forgot. I guess I was so focused on making sure to drink Water to be able to do a urinalysis (I was drinking water from the moment I woke up.. didn't want a repeat of what happened at the dermatologist).

So Happy P's Day! And I'll wear yellow undies tomorrow for Spongebob day lololol.

Suzie- Somethin' you said surprised me.. are you ever able to finish a lunch (From a restaurant)? Since I guess Sept. when I got filled, I've never once been able to finish a restaurant meal.. b'fast lunch or dinner.< /p>

And Haydee.. I didn't comment on what you posted, because I don't have anything insightful to say and figured you just needed to vent! So, I'm not ignoring it, and I hope you figure out what you need to do for you.

Edited by FairyFacade

Thanks Laura. I do come on here to vent but to also get advice and input. I am the same as you, I read everything but if I don't have any insight I don't comment.

I didn't wear any green today!! And I didn't get pinched once!! I'm gonna run home and put on a green pin or something before I go to my mom's because I know my dad will get me if he doesn't see green!

Anyone know what I can do for an infected hang nail? It's on my middle index finger and it's a little swollen, red and hot. It hurts like crazy. I've tried trimming it away from the nail but it's really hard to get my clippers all the way down to where it is.

My brother chews his nails so low they get infected frequently! He uses one of the little dosage cups that come with liquid meds--like Nyquil---puts some peroxide in it, and bubbles it out---he said sometimes it stings a little but nothing like it would with alcohol.

Might try it!

We are not corned beef and cabbage eaters either....so gonna grill my steak out in the snow!!! The grill is on the patio, just out the door, so not a big deal. Think I will roast some veggies. I take potatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers...whatever I have put them in a large ziplock bag, dump in about 1/4 cup of EVOO and a packet of onion Soup mix, and a couple of tablespoons of this dried, roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning I use....shake it all up---dump it in a baking pan----and cook it at 400 for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. They crisp up on the outside, and stay tender in the middle. I have some frozen garlic bread, I can toss on the last few minutes for Rick. That way I am all done when it gets finished!!! They cook good on the grill too, but they take a lot longer it seems, and I am not wanting to run in and out more than necessary!

I have not set foot outside today!!! Has been a wierd day. Usually Rick calls a couple times---he's been quiet. Kinsey has been in a very somber mood, very independent! We colored some pics on line, and read a couple of books. But even at lunch when she usually jabbers, she just yawned! All of us are lazy!

Well....guess I'll go prep my veggies.

Kat

:) I told dh about my consult appointment and he was like.. oohhhh (no emotion whatsoever) He has no clue that I will be cut hip to hip...... fun fun.... Tracy when do you look to have surgery????

I really don't expect to have it before 2009, but a little voice inside me wants it now!

Well, in a perfect world I would find out my insurance will pay for it and then I would hope to have it done before Macy starts kindergarten in late August...like July probably. If I could not get insurance to approve by then I would have to wait until next year sometime. BUT, if insurance doesn't pay no telling if I will ever get it done unless I win the lottery.:thumbup: I am in no position to finance another surgery. I will be paing for my band for 4 more years....

If it is meant to be, it will be:rolleyes2:

Day 3 of NO Smoking is complete (almost)!!!!!!!1

Nothing in the mail today either....we may all be in 2009 before we get any work done!!!

Laughing about it is better than crying about it!

Kat

Nothing in the mail today either....we may all be in 2009 before we get any work done!!!

Laughing about it is better than crying about it!

Kat

Can't you just call and ask them Kat?

I want what Terry wants, the eye life thingy...does that count as work??? I've wanted one for about 3 years, and a friend had hers done. She said it was about 1500, quick and painless...and that it made a HUGE difference on her face. So...that is my next "indulgence". Oh yeah, except for that Bose Ipod dock station!!!

Off to jazzercise! You heard me...She is going to dance class people!

Yes Tracy I am going to....to be very honest I am just scared to do it! Plus they said 4-6 weeks and it has not even been 3! But I kinda wanted the news in the privacy of my own home to dance like a maniac to, or to bawl my eyes out to......know what I mean????

Wed. I am calling though, that was my deadline I told Rick last night. I got the insurance papers on all of my dental work, and I got the EOB on my office visit, so everything else is being sent through, so that should be coming along as well......

anyone have any advice for calling???

Kat

I'm exhausted today, no idea why. None of the meds they gave me cause drowsiness, but I was too tired to even drive home, so I rode home with DH and left my car at work. I've been in bed folding laundry and gettin ready to sleep and gma called, can't figure out how to open an attachment in an email.. so had to fix that for her, and my elliptical-mini arrived today! I just finished putting it together, was on it about 15 seconds to test it, but it has to wait till another time. Feel like I'm gonna pass out sitting here.. but wanted to say g'night to ya'll before I went back to bed!

Evening, Violets...

Got home about 8:30 and am exhausted. 8 hours of driving is the pits, but it's all worth it. I lost 5# since I was at the docs last and the Bobster lost 1/2 # He got a fill and I didn't. I had some fish for lunch and pb'd the whole thing so I knew I didn't need one. We'll see how this month goes and make a decision about the next appointment on the 14th of April. Sure hope the fill works for the Bobster!

I am glad to see you back Haydee, but don't have any answers for your dilemma. I found the right guy the very first time so I don't have any expertise in that area. I'm blessed and I know it.

I'm gonna head to the hot tub and then bed. Supposed to get snow and freezing rain from 2 a.m. til 11 a.m. Oh joy.

Everyone sleep well..