Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Suzie is feeling so much better. The other night when I felt like I was going to catch something I immediately started to medicate myself. I guess I did it right. I'm feeling good, knock on wood.

Tracy, OUCH.

Hugs to Kat.

When is TracyKS supposed to be back?

Everyone have a great day.

Terry, We must be twins. I'm turning 50 this summer also.

Terry - I feel like your body will tell you how far it will go. I put a number on my ticker just so I can use it as a reference. If I get down to 200 and I feel good there and my body feels good there then that's where I'm staying. It's different for everyone and none of us should feel guilty for changing our numbers as we get closer to being satisfied with ourselves.

Tracy - that sucks that that dang boil keeps coming back. He's probaly not extracting it thoroughly. Hopefully you get relief soon.

Jenn - Hope you start to feel better soon. It won't be fun riding down the river if you're congested, LOL! (((hugs)))

Kat - Sorry you're in so much pain!!! Does ice help? I remember my mom putting a pack of frozen peas on my jaw when I had a tooth extraction.

Gina! Good to see you! What do you do that you have to travel so much??

I've seriously been thinking of completely changing careers. I haven't been happy doing what I do for about a year now and I figure now is the time to change. I have no kids, I'm not married, not tied down. I just struggle with what I would like to do. I don't know what my passion is. I don't know what direction I should head.... Sigh... yes it's one of those weeks. Introspective, reflective, moody... huge fight with Juan on Monday.

I'm off to get my coffee... So glad it's Wednesday...

Well I already had a cancellation this morning! I hope this day doesn't turn out to be a bust! I need the money!

Tracy thoughts are with you!! That happened to me once a long time ago, and it is horrible!! I hope they can do it fairly painlessly! I don't know why Drs make things hurt, my fill Dr ALWAYS gave me a shot of numbing stuff before a fill. I hear her partner who I will now see doesn't! It only takes a minute! Hugs and special violet thoughts!!!

Here I go to start my day!!

Jane

Tracy- I feel yer pain, I have 10-20 of those at any given time under my boobs, thighs, groin, and armpits. Been that way since I can remember. I'm goin to the derma tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions. My Ob recommended things, nothin ever worked, she said my thighs need plastic surgery blah blah. So I'm hoping maybe this means they'll cover it. I couldn't tell ya what causes it (besides being fat? mom says diabetes?) but losing 100lbs and I am not 1 boil less, I am getting really discouraged about it. And I've been tested for diabetes and don't have it.

Anywho, ANYONE who wants a pic, just e-mail me fairyofharmony (at) gmail.com a headshot picture, and your band date, and I'll hook you up. It's not problem at all! And no, stole the violets pic from google. Teehee. I just put it all together all artsy like.

I've seriously been thinking of completely changing careers. I haven't been happy doing what I do for about a year now and I figure now is the time to change. I have no kids, I'm not married, not tied down. I just struggle with what I would like to do. I don't know what my passion is. I don't know what direction I should head.... Sigh... yes it's one of those weeks. Introspective, reflective, moody... huge fight with Juan on Monday.

I'm off to get my coffee... So glad it's Wednesday...

Haydee - Sorry about the trouble with Juan and your job. What a crummy week so far!! :thumbup: Did you know othat Rice University offers career counseling and testing? That would be a great place to get some help! Here's a link to their services. Best of luck to you. I feel ya! hugs.

I don't know why Drs make things hurt, my fill Dr ALWAYS gave me a shot of numbing stuff before a fill. I hear her partner who I will now see doesn't! It only takes a minute!
Jane, do your fills hurt? I've had like 5-6 and only one of them was what I would call painful in any way! My port is in the center below my sternum... I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

Hey Violets~

What a morning. I was up @ 4:30 and have been running ever since. It sucks going out of town when you live alone...so much stuff about the house to worry about. The dog watcher, the maid, the mail, garbage, Water plants...aaahhh! Anywho, the house is settled.

I only work until 11:30 today, and the kids are finishing (hopefully finishing) their power point presentations today...so not hard work.

We are staying at the Fairmont in San Jose...looks nice. The internet is $15 a day (ouch) but I need to pay for my online job (tax deductable). Anyway, I am looking forward to the margarita tonight:wink:.

TracyK~Good luck today! Sorry you have to deal w/ that.

Kat~How are you feeling today? Hope your on the quick end of healing!

Laura~I'll send a pic next week. I really love the siggy thing...everyone looks so nice!

Haydee~Hang tough sista! What does your heart tell you to do? If you could do ANYTHING in the world, what would it be. Don't let education hold you back. If you need special training or another degree...go get it. Life is too short to not love your work. But then...that is the teacher talking. "You can be anything you want to be when you grow up!" xoxo

Michelle~Hey you!

Everyone else, have a great day too!

xoxoxoxoox

No my fills don't hurt, but, she always numbs it first. It takes her a minimum of 10 sticks before she gets it. Who knows maybe the new Doc will be bam, there it is!!! One stick!!

Off to work!!! fun, fun, funnnnn

Jane

Hi all-

Rough night. I took one of my pain pills I had left from another something when I got home, because I could not wait at the pharmacy for the new Rx. I knew I had a couple left. So Rick brings them home to me and they are HUGE! No way to take them as is, so he cut it into 4 pieces, I guess it was too much at once, and I threw up forever. I hate that, it scares me with my band. So, took my last remaining agreeable pain pill this morning, and am due back at the dentist in an hour. He is going to remove the partial, and grind it to fit. So it will be in and out over and over----------------not something I am looking forward to. Anyway--I guess it is the next step.

Tracy, hope your appt. is not too painful!

I am still in jammies, and Rick just pulled up--------gotta go

Hi ladies....

Well, it is over. When the dr came in I was bawling my eyes out. He says "Tracy, I havn't done anything yet". I said through tears "its gonna huuurrrrt!". I mentioned to him my oral surgeon is the next door over and I could run over there and get some liquid valium, LOL. He ended up giving me deadening shots (thank God) then tells the nurse "oh no, not the needle, I need a knife". I scream..."can't you people use sign language or something for Gods sake? I could have done without hearing THAT". My dr has a very good sense of humor. He could see when he walked in that I was really upset. After the numbing shots I did not feel a thing. He cut in the shape of a + sign...I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to feel like when the deadener wears off. He wrote me a script for some really powerul antibiotics and wants me back next week to make sure I am healing properly.

Thank you all for the purple power vibes...

Laura-you poor thing! I can't even think of hw it must e to have more than one of these painful things! Your dermatologist doesn't know what causes it?

I haven't been to a derma about it yet (tomorrow will be my first time). I guess I was discouraged my normal docs never had a solution that worked, so I never thought about goin to derma. Mom told me a week ago I should try a derma, so I am. We'll see what they say!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Morning rehearsal is done, Ethan is napping and my Soup for the Lenten service tonight is cooking on the stove. I made sausage corn chowder. It's yummy, but not very band friendly. I'm having a lot of difficulty with PB'ing lately. Seems like everything I try to eat comes back up. Yesterday it was a few bites of a hamburger, last night it was the pork chops. I haven't had much to eat today. Not really hungry and trying to let my band rest a bit. There will be a variety of Soups at church tonight, so hopefully I can find something that isn't too rich or carb laden.

TracyK... glad your doctor ordeal is over and hope the pain meds keep you comfortable.

Suzie... glad you're feeling better. Violets sure have been hit with the sickies recently!! I have my fingers crossed I can get through my two concerts before anything tries to get me down. The Bobster is just coming off a cold and I've been taking my Zicam as a preventative.

Jenn.... my DSIL, the PA recommends Musinex. I've used it and it works well for me. Hope it does for you too.

Pamela.. hope you can relax tonight and try and take it easy on the margaritas, K? Just looking out for my roomie.

Jane.. our doctor does not numb before fills and I've never had any pain. He gets it right the first time and I have all the confidence in the world in him. After putting in close to 2000 lapbands, he's a real pro.

Better go check on my soup and fill up my second liter of Crystal Light for the day.

Catch ya all later!

While my port was flipped, it took them 8-10 sticks to be satisfied (hrmph). And sometimes more then that, with different people working there, while they all had a contest.. who can get in her port? I was never numbed. It wasn't bad at all, the worst of it, is that he made me clench my stomach muscles and tighten up.. and holding it that long, was brutal. About 5 minutes later, I had a bruise and tenderness, but while they did it, I didn't feel much.

Now they can get me in 1 shot YAY.. and still doesn't hurt.. I was worried, since it's now between my boobs in a sensitive spot, but it didn't.

Home again. Taking that little clip partial thing in and out DID hurt. But he ground it down so now I am not getting pressure put on the open socket, and it feels much better. He also give me a prescription for my little tiny demerol pills that help. So it is getting better. Headache remains, but that does not surprise me.

Tracy, you poor thing. Did they suggest anything for your wound when the numbness wears off? Hot packs? cold packs?

I know neosporin I think it is, now makes a type of their ointment with a pain reliever in it, some lidocaine I think---I used it on my burn last year, and it helped.

I had a postule type of boil once----in a place VERY delicate, and uncomfortable. It began like the size of a pea---I felt it hurt when I wiped myself, and it grew to a big old marble size----I made an appt. with my GYN, but the nurse told me in the meantime to use hot packs, it would draw it where when he drained it, it would release more. Apparently they are not uncommon. I used the hot pack----and it broke in the night---drained. So when I got to the GYN there was not much pain involved. He said most are caused by a blocked duct, or pore, or ingrown hair. No fun, poor you and Laura.

Pamela---hope your trip is going well. Did you decide on a gift for Susanne?

Michelle--book fair done now?

Terry----box # 3 out of the 4 boxes of checks I ordered come today, so figure the others will be here tomorrow, and I will send your $290.00. If they don't I'll use of of these, and it will never matter!

Well my demerol has kicked in, the words and letters are blurring, time to go lie down....sweet relief is on its way......color me happy!

Hugs~~

Kat

Mmm demirol. I won't even get into my complaints for today. I don't know what's going on at work, but suddenly every LITTLE customer has become a jackass. I have been really anxious and running around here pulling my hair out. I could use the demirol mwhaha.