Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Wait a minute.. Terry when did you become a board moderator?!?!?!?!?!? :confused2:

Hah hah I didn't know Pam was either. Where was I during all this?

Hey Girlies~

Kids are watching a video on plate tectonics and I jump on here...lol!

Haydee- you look cute! Sorry your not feeling well. As far as jewlery, here is my suggestion. Go to any nice store (department) like Gottschalks, Macy's, etc. Every jewlery counter (fine jewlery) has a small "on clearance" section. I always start there and find great stuff...cheap too. They are still "upscale" and nice products, but discontinued for whatever reason. Also, you can see, touch, feel the product. You can make sure the linkage is what you want, the gold quality,etc. Just my opinion.

I confirmed my appt! They said they called but the number was disconnected. Are you ready for this...they still had our old area code 619...not the newer one 760. Are you kidding me??? We only changed aread codes in like 1998 or something...and THEY CHANGED TOO! What freakin idiots...and I have no patience for them today. But I am glad I get to see my doctor!

OH yeah, a NSV of sorts...My new "skinnier" pants are too big. I can barely wear them...but I will for the rest of the "winter season". We are going to be 81 next week, so I might only get a few days w/ these pants. I am a bit bummed...I spent 160bucks on 3 pair of pants...and only 1 still fit. Oh well, I'll quit complaining now.

Have a nice afternoon!

I am one also, but I don't do much on LBT except here, GLBT thread and unanswered posts. Every time I go to rants...I want to kick someone's butt...raises my blood pressure. So I just stay here...in my happy place!

I agree with Pam, I never buy expensive jewelry online without checking it out. But for Zales, I find out what's going on at the store online, then go to their store in person to check it out. And sometimes they really deceive you in the pic of the item!!!

----

I guess I'm completely oblivious here, or you guys did it on a time when I wasn't online for a few days and missed posts.. I had no idea. I just now noticed it on Terry's tag, and now I see it in yours.

Oh well, I'll quit complaining now. quote]

Awww c'mon Pamela don't kwitcherbitchin--------or I might have to start-----I can grump vicariously through you this way!!!!!

You might have been sick Laura, I got the invite, but procrastinated myself into not doing it!!! LOL what's new???

Kat

what is glbt?

Didn't you say you were calling your reg dentist Kat? Did they do anything for you? I hope so, tooth pain can make your whole demeaner different until it gets fixed!! I don't know if demeaner is the word I want?

My treadmill is now fixed!!

Jane

Sheperds pie sounds great! And I know I have lots of veggies I can add. A nice side salad and it's gonna be a quick dinner tonight. That's for the suggestion.

Janie - I went to the ross website and I didn't find the chain I liked but I did end up buying this seashell charm set. Oh it was too cute to pass up. I looked at ICE.com too but no luck. I'm gonna try to go to Zales and Macy's this weekend to see what I can find...

Barely starting on my second liter of Water. Whip me with a wet sock please.

Janie~GLBT = Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered! There is a GLBT thread here! I've met Juli and her partner in Provincetown this summer and I met her here. She has lost over 100 pounds! Anyway...that is GLBT!

That dinner sounds good...what time is dinner Haydee? I am gonna have a Lean Cuisine pizza tonight...woohoo...hold the excitement! I know you are all jealous!

Oh yeah! We are in escrow on the dirt! Yeah...I own dirt...woohoo!

Actually I am pretty jazzed about owning land. Feel like Trump, hahahahaha

Evening, Violets!!

Flute playing went well at the funeral today. Lots of compliments on the way I looked. I haven't seen some of these people for a few months so it was great to hear their comments. I went to Peebles to check on their clearance sale and got a couple pairs of slacks in a size 12... got home and they fit with room to spare. I think I probably could have gotten away with size 10's!!! I just can't believe it!

Got the pics from our New Day Singers and that was an NSV... I don't look like the heaviest lady there anymore! Cause I'm NOT!!

Here are two pics... the one in pinks was taken before lap band surgery. The second in black was Tuesday evening.

post-215048-13813136513193_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813136513374_thumb.jpg

Wow Judy what a difference!! Looks great!!

Pam, I am computer illiterate, guess I don't know the lingo, thanks for the def. I have always wanted to own dirt! Live on third floor so I own air, plus I think I have enough equity that I now own my door!

Haydee love Ross Simons, once you get on their mailing list though you are inundated!! Have also had to return a few things and they are real good about it!

Jane

Yeah Jane---I did say I was gonna call them, but here's the thing....

Ya know yesterday when I come up with that plan I didn't call because as I said they are closed on Thursday afternoons.....yesterday? Yep---I call today---and imagine that, they are closed.......Today--TODAY is Thursday, not yesterday when they would have been opened. I am so hopeless!!!! Oh well........

Judy pics look wonderful----and really you were not huge in the first picture! LOL

But you look wonderful, and I much prefer the new outfits, and the pose for the picture, it is great!!!

Rick and I own dirt. We figured it was as good of an investment as we could make. We own our house here, plus the additional city lot behind it. Making 3 full city lots with Water rights--a big irrigation canal runs through the back of the property---we abut BLM land, so we have water rights---we pull water out of the canal for irrigation. We have 3.5 acres out of town----which is attached to the farm his parents own, so we will inherit another 4 to go with it. It also has water, rights, it has a large ditch on one side and also has river frontage. Technically it is already ours----in our name, and we pay taxes----but....you know how that is!!! Same with my parents home, it is already in my brothers and my names....anyway on the land out of town we have 3 rentals---mobile homes. We have the farm in TX it is 80 acres. His brother owns an adjoining 80-----he is talking about selling, and we may buy his---dunno yet. We own half of a town house in Denver. We see nothing out of it, it is still paying for itself. And 14 acres outside of Meeker, Colorado--that is leased to a sheep farmer. We don't see any $$$ on it either, it just pays for itself too! It sure sounds like a lot on paper----but no $$$ in my pocket to speak of!!! And then we have a lien on property in Pueblo, CO. in exchange for money owed, the property is on the line, when we want our money, we will petition, and if she does not pay----then we will have a house in Pueblo!!! No not really, she will pay it---but it is our leverage! It is his ex wifes house!!!! LOL

Rick is always on the lookout for land. Well over a decade ago, he wanted to buy this crappy piece of land out by my Aunt & Uncle, I threw a drag, it was way to close to the landfill! Price was dirt cheap (yeah I meant it) so being the obedient wife I am, I said whatever....3 years later we sold it back to the county when they enlarged the landfill area, and quadrupled our money!!! Which is why our house and other land are paid off!!! LOL So....I am a believer! Buy Dirt Pamela!!

Well I am off to bring in some firewood----since that seems to be the only exercise I am doing lately!!!

Kat

Wow Judy that IS an NSV!! GRATS!!

Just popped in real quick to tell ya'll (I'm cookin dinner)... remember a few months ago my sister said some sheriff came looking for me?

Today I got a notice that I have a registered letter from "Small Claims" under my maiden name. Curiosity killed me, so we went immediately and picked it up.

Ends up, someone is suing someone with my name (different middle name though). So their Private Investigator dropped the ball, he just decided I was the same person based off of my name. Johnson. How many johnsons do you think there are around here? What a moron. So I called the attorneys office, told the lady the issue, she hangs up on me, when I call back it goes to the "We're closed" crap. Real winners there. I found his e-mail online, explained they have the wrong person and I'm not going to officially respond to the letter since it's not me.. good luck!