Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

HAYDEE YOU ARE TOO CUTE!!!! Are you wearing make up? You look so naturally beautiful.

Haydee-- You're the cutest "dork" I've ever seen!!

Laura-- Ugh... in-law stuff. $60k in a month & she can't/won't tell on what?? Oooh la la... something's going on! Sorry you're in the middle of it!!

Snowed yesterday a little... sunny today... calling for snow & ice & YUCK tomorrow... I'm predicting school will be cancelled, so gotta go get "supplies": bread, milk, TP & SNAX to feed all the sledders!

Judy--I'm reading Duma Key also... only about 75 pages in... nothing scary has happened... YET! Now that's a BIG book to lug on vaca w/you!!

Awww Haydee, sorry you feel crummy--but you do look cute!!! I had pink eye once when it went through my day care----yuck---don't want it again either!! Feel better!!

Laura, you are young to deal with the parents--but if his are older, it is something you WILL have to deal with. Sounds like his Grandma has common sense, so he should have the money to have them in a nice retirement center----if they will live that way. Think his Mom is supporting gold diggers somewhere? Gambling? Putting it in an account somewhere and forgetting it? It definitely sounds like time to get some things in order. How do they sell race horses, of the quality it sounded like you were talking without reporting the proceeds? I know we don't sell show stock---we sell breeding and eating cattle---but even then, we have profit and loss tracks on every sale.

My honest opinion is that they are doing the passive aggressive thing so they see your DH on their turf. I would seriously watch the finances though, and battle it out with DH if you have to but would not allow anything at ALL be put into your names or have your names attached to it. If the IRS wants to come after their share---they can be sitting on the ground where their high dollar barns full of high dollar horses used to sit! Protect yourself.

TracyKS---sorry your sister scared you. It is such a hard place to be in....in her shoes. While you and your Mom would have comforted her to the best of your ability. If she had told you---she would have had to fully face the fear she was feeling. I told all of you here what my Thyroid stuff was, but only shared part of it with my family. It is not because I love you guys more! sorry...(!) The part of you that ended up in tears is too scary to see....that flash of fear in your eyes is too much! We can hold onto our last hope, and avoid the thoughts---lie to ourselves if we have to---but when others know, it is in your face ALL the time. They call, they come by, they look sad, they try too hard.....bottom line is, they care. But it is too real. When I would go in for my blood work----no one knew until the night before, and when I broke down, Rick knew....then when I got the results, I told everyone---good or bad--and there were both.

Don't hold it against your sister, she loves you, she is walking a tightrope, and you are her balance.....she needs you to be NORMAL---sometimes that's all ya got to hang on to. Believe me, if her health concerns you----it does her as well. Crap Trac----every time I rub the mederma on my throat I want to tear up at the sheer relief! But there is this tickle in the back of my mind that still says----"just you wait...." like the beast is lurking....so I turn to light hearted things, and do my best to hide that whisper!

Just love her--don't waste time being mad!

Sorry--now stepping off my soap box.......

I have been told the oral surgeon is an ass too!!! Fun!

Most Dr.'s I would take it up with---this one I am looking into other options with. We'll see.

Be back in a bit----

Kat

Hi guys

just checking in... ds is making me crazy today... breathe....

anyway... have you all heard about MUFA's and loosing bellyfat? It was in my prevention magazine and then on Oprah yesterday (but i missed it) about the same thing.

Anyhoo... to sum it up, you add 1 small serving of the following to every meal... olives, oil, nuts, avacado, or chocolate.< /p>

I mom has been doing it and swears her pants are fitting different and her love handles are going away. it is odd. But she has had olives with every meal, just 4-5.

I got some macadamia nuts yesterday and had 5 with my Breakfast, (protein shake) and will do the same for lunch and dinner. I'm going to do shakes for a few days, but when i start eating i'm going to put the 1tbs of olive oil/flax seed oil in my tuna/chicken salad.< /p>

I took measurements yesterday, they have not changed in months - which i guess could be good or bad... but i'll do it after 2 weeks of the MUFA's and see if it really works.

ttfn

Jennifer, i've not heard of that (chocolate to every meal? COUNT ME IN!!!) hahaha.

But my best friend who's been dieting a lot, swore by FlaxSeed Oil. She said it tightens the skin, so in theory it would tighten your pannis(sp). She had that oil in all her salads, on chicken, etc. I bought flaxseed oil tablets after banding, but the pills are so big I don't take it. I have seen the flaxseeds in a bag at the store, and I keep saying I'm going to do it. it sounds like from the things you mention, it's getting 'good fats'.. except the chocolate, not sure how that ties in. So maybe I'm wrong! I don't like any nuts, so I am very lackadaisical when it comes to getting them in. Maybe I should try.. God knows I need to get rid of this tummy flap. It's just hanging there like a deflated balloon.. tucked into my undies!

Kat- Yup, if the IRS looks into them, I think they will lose everything. DH said he's going to try to make them do the taxes (he's tried for years, I dunno what's different now) I remember a few years ago when we were trying to get financing for his college it was an issue because they hadn't filed taxes in so long and they needed that info for him to qualify for financing. He never got it, due to this..and I had a big tuition bill to pay off before we could get a mortgage for the house!! I am guessing this is why the gma put everything in DH's name, so when they do lose everything, they don't lose all her money too.

Just got home from work. Hubby had to take me in. It's sleet, ice, sleet and ice out. I have about an hour and half break and than have to go back. Weather is supposed to be leting up here soon.

Been so busy the last few days running everyone around, working, cleaning and now I'm dealing with the next door neighbor. Her husband is being sent to Kosovov. He's leaving March 9th. Keep all the Marines in your prayers.

Ok, Water Patrol is on Duty. Thanks Haydee.

Terry- You and your family are in my prayers. Hang tough.

I'll check back when I can.

Oh, I'm down another 8 1/2 pounds. Wooooo Whoooo.

Flax is good for your diet.......... I have never heard of MUFAs or whatever........

will be an interesting experience Jennifer!

be careful suzie!!!

Haydee that pic is cute and you don't look like a dork!!'

Yea Susie!!

Terry Hugs

Hope your Docs appointment wasn't canceled Pam!!

Thanks for the info Tracyks for some reason I thought is was near Colomubia.

Well in the middle of an ice storm here, stayed home, should be getting taxes ready for acct, but instead I watched QVC selling plants! Now I live on the third floor talk about avoidance!!!

Check in later!!

Jane

Since our blog link is now posted under our name over there

<--------------------------------------------------

I decided to add stuff to it :tongue2:

Thanks girls! Everyones compliments made me feel better. So now I look like a dork with a big smile on my face. And no I have no makeup on. It's the flourescent lighting that's making my skin look nice :tongue2:

So I'm on my first liter of Water. Barely halfway through. I need to get drinking...

Does anyone know of cheap online jewelry stores? I want to get Juan a wheat (spiga) chain to go with his gold cross but the one i saw at James Avery is $540! Wow. Not prepared to spend that much! I'm looking for a 20" gold chain that's about 2.5mm thick. I've looked at Bluenile.com but they don't have what I'm looking for and I'm clueless when it comes to shopping online...

Oh another question. Last night I made a chopped steak with ground turkey meat. Well I went overboard with the spicy salt so we couldn't eat them. Can I do anything with it? I'm gonna go home and crumble it back up since right now they are in patty form. I also have leftover mashed potatoes and leftover broccoli. Any ideas?

I like Diamond Jewelry, Engagement Rings, Gold, Pearl and Estate Jewelry at Ross-Simons or Jewelry: diamond jewelry, engagement rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, Gemstone Jewelry, Designer Jewelry, Birthstone Jewelry

I have never bought a chain from one of them, but have bought other jewelry (when it is on sale) and they are cheap and nice. I also got something saying that ross simons is 20% the next three days or so.

Bluenile is a money pit, when I was looking at jewelry there, they don't sell anything under $1,000 that I saw!!

For jewelry online, I've looked at Zales (They have sales sometimes), and QVC. I bought DH a gold chain necklace a couple years ago for his b'day. I don't know how thick the cm's mean. But it was $300 (on sale, and after haggling!!) from some local jeweler.

As for your spicy meat.. make a faux Shepherd's pie. Layer the (cooked) meat on the bottom of a baking dish, put (cooked or thawed) broccoli on top of that, (optional) add cheese on top of that-or on top of the potatoes.. then put made mashed potatoes on top of the broccoli. Bake for 20-30 minutes.