Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Happy Birthday to You.

Happy Birthday to You.

Happy Birthday Dear Tracy.

Happy Birthday to You.

Have a great day, Hugs. Suzanne.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Tracy!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Just put ingredients for moroccan chicken stew in the crock pot. Hope it turns out ok. Today we take the dogs in for grooming, then bell choir and New Day singers. We are taking pictures tonight for publicity and I couldn't be happier!! I'm not the heaviest of the group anymore. Not by a long shot so snap away and I'l even pose this time around!! We got new tops and I got a medium. (14-16W) and it is huge, but that was the smallest size they had. Better to be too big than too small.

4 days til we head out for our cruise. The Bobster and I are finally getting excited about it. Just to get away with each other with no interruptions of kids, pets, church or rehearsals will be worth the trip! And we are taking 2 cameras and our Flip video, so expect to be bored with lots of pictures!!

Kat... WOOOOOoo HOOOOOOOOOOO on the #!!! Mine has been sitting at the same number for a week now. Can't get it to budge for the life of me! I'm doing everything by the book, so I'll just have patience and trust that it will move again soon.

I better go get some Breakfast in before it's lunch time! BBL!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Happy BDay Trace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam: you are so funny... I laughed at your worry comment

I echo what everyone else has said about the getting to goal and not being needed......... we have all been getting to know each other for well over a year now....... every day for a year we have been here.... that is big.

Also.......... getting to goal is just part of our journey...... the true test will be the maintenance...... and that is a daily struggle that we will have to deal with and need support for.

OK... work is beckoning...

Have a great day.......

Happy Birthday Tracy!!!

Congrats on the # Kat! CLAIM IT!! :biggrin2: I find small joys in claiming that 1# even if I have to lose it a few times.

Judy, I swear you go on a cruise every other week! I keep getting those spam things in the mail (real mail) that are 'vouchers' for a cruise, blah blah. I always think.. Hmmm if we take this, I may run into Judy!! :( I want to go on a cruise in Alaska, have you ever done that? It's on my top 10 things in life I wanna do.

Fingers crossed for a better day for everyone. Haydee hope you feel better, you must have whatever is going around (I claim the flu, I thought I was on death's bed!).

I echo what everyone else has said about the getting to goal and not being needed......... we have all been getting to know each other for well over a year now....... every day for a year we have been here.... that is big.

In many ways the "getting to know you" phase that we have been in is the best way possible for doing that I think. It has allowed us all to reveal ourselves in small bits as we feel comfortable doing so...we have slowly brought our families out, and the issues some of them are dealing with. If we had been neighbors getting to know one another over the last year, chances are we would have went shopping--and discussed what we found in the stores---but would likely have then not mentioned how afraid we were that we might not be able to maintain the weight loss. We could have gone to a movie together--but you cannot talk in a movie so we would have learned nothing about one another but how we like our popcorn! Communication is key in developing good relationships.

Rick and I went to school together from 4th grade to graduation. Both of us married soon after graduation. Divorced. Ran into one another, and as wierd as it was ---fireworks---not mere sparks!! But life had other plans---he was heading to Denver to college, and I could not go---Manda had her entire family here, including her Dad, and she had to be my #1 priority. So we went our separate ways. Every man I laid eyes on from then on got compared to Rick. Eventually trying to get past the heart ache---I remarried after knowing Jimmy for less than a month. Big mistake---HUGE mistake. Almost cost me my life! Finally made it out of that, have told you that story. Lived an almost hermit like life for awhile, I went nowhere, did my job, loved the kids, and tolerated the parents. One night I come in from work and saw where Rick's Mom had called me like 8 times. I was afraid something happen to his Granny (his family and I remained close). I called back to find out it was Rick calling. My heart stopped! We were on the phone that night for 6 hours. And he was only 4 miles away! He called the next day when he got back to Denver. 2 days later I got a letter from him. And thus it began. We spoke on the phone EVERY day at least once. And this was pre cell phone days---our phone bills were atrocious! And we wrote letters EVERY day! I got to where I dreaded Sunday and Tuesday. It took 2 days for a letter to get to me, so of course no mail on Sunday, meant none went out, so I got none on Tuesday either---but 2 on Wednesday!!

Well we talked about most things going on with us and our kids....so when it come time to write a letter----you dug for things to write, so we got to where we would ask off the wall questions---often times hidden tests!! Just seeing how the other would respond. We discussed everything under the sun! From feelings we had as kids to how we recycled! You name it!

Just like us---we could not go to a movie or out to dinner, or hop in bed--our only connection was communication.

We saw each other 2 weekends a month. First weekend of the month he come here, third of the month I went there. We did this for over 2 years!

We built a solid foundation. I know in every cell of my body he is a good man, with a good heart ( more so physically in the last few years!!)

So yes---our Shrinking Violets are much more than a weight loss support group at this time. It has evolved into friendships----ones I truly think will be better off for the fact we have learned to communicate and support one another through the highs and lows over the last year.

When I count my blessings-------y'all are right there----and I do not think of "how" you look when I do it! When Rick and I went our separate ways in the beginning, I weighed maybe 130 pounds. When he walked up my drive the first time years later I had gained well over a hundred and fifty pounds----but his eyes never left mine....and he never said a negative word about it! You are friends in my heart--so getting to goal, or even if one of us should choose to give up----it would make no difference! Tracy is right...it is BIG!

Kat

Hey Everyone,

Susanne is home...got there about 3am and forgot to call. Said she passed out...woke at 6am and feels great. We will see how she feels tonight.

Anyone else nauseated every morning?

Haydee...feel better!

Judy, if I promise to be small (yeah right) can I squeeze into your luggage? Just kidding...have a great time...and we love the pix!

Gotta run and get sub plans ready for tomorrow as I sit through a mind numbing meeting!

xoxoxoxo

Laura... I think I posted this link before... but I'll do it again in case anyone is interested in looking.

Yes, I've been to Alaska on a cruise. It was beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL. Scenery is unbelievable and the glaciers take your breath away. I'd recommend Alaska to anyone that loves nature and beauty!

Teachlady58's photos and albums on webshots

I haven't been nauseated, but DH woke up this morning and asked me if I've been nauseated. Must be something else going around.. Stay away from me!! :thumbup:

Terri I had a question, I'm going to send you my $$ from the left-over tax refund (how cool does that sound?) The price you sent me, is total? Includes the rooms in both places? I kind of fell out of the loop while you guys planned TX so I don't even know what we're doing lol. I'm along for the ride, but I thought I heard it's 2 different places? I just wanted to make sure, the cost you sent me is for both total?

We bought a 42 or 46" LCD tv last night.. It was $600 more expensive than the 50 (something) inch Plasma.. I was trying to get him to get the bigger, less expensive one.. but him, my dad (who came with us), and the guy working there.. all were doing those manly grunts (from Home Improvement) and goin 'ar ar ar, LCD'.. MEN! And.. We got it from HH Gregg, about a month ago my dad bought a 72" LCD from them.. his remote didn't work, so a week later he went in, and they gave him a new remote immediately, then said "And your Amplifier is on sale, here is a $75 refund". Like jewelry places, they refund when your stuff goes on sale for the first month. So last night when we went, his TV was -$1,200 off.. due to P'day sale. It's 2 days since 30 days from his sale, but they refunded him anyway!!!! So he got another $1,200. I was like damn, it's like you get paid to walk in their store. So anyway, we got the tv.. a surround sound set (I'm nervous about the wires being all over)... then we went to the furniture store, I picked out a GORGEOUS.. BIG.. SOLID WOOD.. entertainment center. Has shelves, cabinets, lights in the shelves. It's so fancy, I've always wanted something like this. I can't wait to get it, it has to ship in from their warehouse, can be a couple weeks unfortunately. I'll take pics when I get it!

Judy I think I have seen this before, I just have horrible memory obviously LOL. Oh wait, now I see the glaciers, I have not seen this album it must have been one of your other billions of cruises! :thumbup:

It sounds so wonderful, with the glaciers, so romantic. LE SIGH. I love these pics, I am going to start bugging DH. If I harass him now, maybe by our anniversary in 2010 I'll get a Juno cruise.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle thanks for the charts!!! That is great!!!

Kat I would claim the pound!!!

Haydee hope you feel better!!!

I gained 2 when I weighed yesterday. Today is a new day and back to work and I finally FEEL BETTER!!! I think the antibiotics are working. My arm hurts more today, but know it is okay, just very very ugly with the bruise!

TracyKS where are you getting married again? A customer of mine was talking about wanting to find somewhere between St. louis and Kansas City to get married, if yours kind of fits the bill can you send me the name of the place?? Are you staying there after the wedding at all? Her future in laws live in Kansas City and she lives here. Hope all is going well with your planning and the date creeping up!!

EVERYONE ELSE HAVE A GREAT DAY AND REMEMBER IT IS CUT THE CRAP DAY!!!

Ok... took this with my phone in the sun light.. hopefully it shows my high and low lights............

Love the hair!!!!!

Anyone else nauseated every morning?

yep...as soon as I stepped on the scale this morning I thought I was gonna throw up!!!:lol:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes....:thumbup: