Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Last night out of the blue Russell asked how I felt about my weight gain during pregnancy. Surprised me, because he normally doesn't bring up things like that. I told him I don't like that I'm gaining, I know I'm eating too much, but I feel like I haven't eaten in a week.. 24 hours a day. He just asked if I planned to commit back to it post-pregnancy, and I said of course. Right now it's my body being hungry all the time, it is NOT head hunger. I have evaulated that, to make sure it's not just me wanting food. I am truly hungry all the time. But the head part of me controlling myself, well.. that is lacking. I am hoping post-pregnancy with whatever I gain (sigh) I will be able to diligently get it back off. I just hope I don't continue at this rate, kind of wished I had morning sickness up to now so I'd have continued losing since it says many women lose weight beginning of pregnancy and 2nd trimester is when they really pack it on.. joyous.

Today is our employee appreciation lunch & dinner.. where sales & management cook for them. I just finished helping set up the buffet and room, and it hit me again. I am absolutely starving. My stomach is actually in pain from being so hungry. I took a piece of pumpkin bread--only thing I can actually munch on, as everything else is outside getting cooked. It has done nothing, my stomach still hurts from hunger. :) I've had 2 bottles of Water this morning already, not helping at all.

It also doesn't help my gyno & her nurse make me feel like crap when I go in and get weighed. I am upset enough with myself, and I go back Monday. Last time she made a comment about gaining more than I need to be, and I need to watch what I eat and I explained to her I feel hungry all the time--in hopes she could offer suggestions--and she said "Then eat vegetables". I know that's a good idea in theory, but when I'm starving I don't want some vegetables.

Kind of like the smoking issue, when I asked her for help/advice on how to quit, her only advice was 'Just quit smoking'.

Good morning, soon to be afternoon, Violets..

I got up at the crack of 8:30 this morning and have been kind of putzing ever since. Got the last load of towels in the laundry, showered, dressed and headed to Walmart to get a few things. Ethan arrives in about half an hour for the rest of the day. I have a list of honey do's for the Bobster.

I'm trying to get some ham salad down right now and it's going down pretty slow. I really think I'm at the right restriction now. Just have to watch my choices, which I've been doing very well with this week. I hope for a swoosh on Sunday and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

I bid on a dance dance revolution for the Wii on ebay and won it yesterday. Hope this old body can work it still!! If Cloris can do it, so can I!!

Michelle...I am always amazed at all the things you post that you do. I can't keep up. I'm a giver too, though. Community Chorus, New Day Singers, Wind Song aren't enough.. I said I would be in the college production of Amahl and the Night Visitors. I am just in the chorus as a shepherd, but it's a bit of memorizing and I'm really not good at that. I also signed up last night at choir to take one of the choir members to her radiation treatments every Monday and Thursday in November. I was asked last night at choir to play flute for the offertory since I already had it at church to accompany the choir. Did I even consider saying no... nope. At least I'm not teaching Sunday School again this Sunday. I don't mind it, but hate leaving the choir in the middle of church service to go do that.

Laura..(((hugs))) to you. You're pregnant and you're bound to gain weight!!! When I look at your bump picture, I just wish my tummy was that flat!!! I look much, MUCH more pregnant than you do!! Try and eat the good stuff and avoid the crap. Which is a good motto for all of us!!!

Haydee.. in my family growing up it was all about the food too. My mom was an excellent baker and cook. She was born and raised on a farm and she knew how to make all the good stuff that would keep you full and build up your fat cells. Her pies were to die for. My dad didn't like fish or chicken or turkey or pork so we ate a ton of red meat and carb laden foods. And I wonder why I have a weight problem???

Susie.. enjoy your day off!! The inspector came to check the gas line to the pool heater yesterday.. don't ask me why it took him 3 months! He said it was an awful job with no shutoff. Soooooooo he's going back to the store and letting them know they have to fix it. It's a local company that we've never, ever had any problems with. I was shocked.

TracyK.... hang in there. Keep doing the good stuff and stay away from the scale!!! I've rediscovered sugar free Jello and whipped cream and it's saving my butt as far as grazing all day. Also the Soup at hand is yummy. Just stay away from the Halloween candy!!!

Jane...(((hugs))) to you too today and every day til the court case is done.

Terry....I keep going to your jewelry store and drooling at all the pieces you have. And your presentation of them is just exquisite!!

PamELa...how's your class doing?? No mention of any stinkers this year so far... that's a good thing!

Gotta run and finish folding the towels before Ethan gets here..

Everyone have a great day making good choices!! BBL

Michelle-you need to just accept that "THAT is how you are" and work around it. I think you thrive on doing things for others. Just balance it out with some YOU stuff.

Oh. My. Goodnes! JUDY! Why did you post that??

"The typical jack-o'-lantern bucket holds 250 small chocolate bars (about 9,000 calories)..."

Ack!

And then I read the list of candy & nutritionals... and we give out FULL SIZE CHOCOLATE bars (because we're waaay back in the woods off the main street & it's just us & the family across the driveway, so the kids really have to work to get back here... every year I hear them at the end of the drive debating whether or not to trek back here or not... and sure enough, one kid will remember "Hey! They give out the GOOD stuff!" and then here they come! Then they see me and look all confused: "You're the Book Fair lady! You live here? Not at school??" SOOO much fun... oh, I get out the karaoke machine too & play haunted music + talk in a scary voice that carries down the street... woot!). Whoopsie!

Michelle...I am always amazed at all the things you post that you do. I can't keep up. I'm a giver too, though.

"Michelle-you need to just accept that "THAT is how you are" and work around it. I think you thrive on doing things for others. Just balance it out with some YOU stuff. "

Yep, it is how I am. I told you all before that my kids kept calling me "weird" right? And I thought about it and I really don't think I'm "weird"... so I told them that I thought that what they call "weird" I call "enthusiastic"... so now they'll say to each other: "Be careful, Mom's being 'enthusiastic' today!" (Aren't kids great?? :)) But it's true... I AM enthusiastic... why live boring?

Personally, I can't keep up w/Kat! Or Pam. Phew!

I read Judy's post as I was chomping down on "BITE SIZE" Snickers.

Susanne is always after me about "doing too much for people" as well. I am very generous (even w/ her) and it is both w/ time, love or gifts. I love to give stuff...it makes me feel good. I am not looking for "wow Pam...that was nice" but I like to do stuff for people. I am far too generous w/ my neices and nephew (whom I get to see tonight!). I also like to make food for people or entertain people. But, I do manage to balance it w/ plenty of "me time" as you all know. :biggrin:

We have our Harvest Festival tonight. 6-8 pm we are running the "live gold fish" booth. WE are trying to raise $ for our trip to the Museum of Tolerance in LA. It makes for a long day, but it is tons of fun too!

BBL

xoxo

Laura - that sucks about your doctor not being more supportive. Too late to find another one? I'm not saying that they need to pander to you but they should give you more than "duh" answers, like "eat vegetables", duh idiot.

Oh and that's nice that Russell asked about your weight gain. That just means he's paying attention. Since you're probably sulking about it. Is he the type to help out with it, and do you even want help with it? Like if you're eating something you're not supposed to can he call you out on it?

Subject: Health Alert for Women

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or

pharmacist about Margaritas.

Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident

about yourself and your actions.

Margaritas can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the

world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Margaritas almost immediately and with

a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent

you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will

discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start

living, with Margaritas.

Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or

nursing should not use Margaritas.

However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are

encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include:

- Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration

- Erotic lustfulness

- Loss of motor control

- Loss of clothing

- Loss of money

- Loss of virginity

- Attraction to the same sex

- Table dancing

- Headache

- Dehydration

- Dry mouth

- And a desire to sing Karaoke

WARNING:

The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you are whispering

when you are not.

WARNING:

The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to tell your friends over

and over again that you love them.

WARNING:

The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING :

The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you can logically

converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

HAHAHA...

My Doctor prescribes 2 Margarita's a day-as long as I don't drive.

I need to go get started on that. :biggrin:

Judy, I was thinking of you as I was sitting outside with the kitties. I thought to myself that with it being 74 degrees here "Judy" would be swimming. Our gas guys put 2 shut-off valves on. One inside and one outside, just incase.

Laura, Didn't Angelina Jolie gain 60 pounds? As long as you know that what you are doing is healthy for you baby, do what you need to for yourself.