Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Judy, Rick has had the heart rate issue. They said any number of things, even a shock-a scare-can cause it. When blood pumps from one chamber of the heart to the other it is in a developed flow pattern, and when that is interupted by illness, surgery, the scare he mentioned, whatever, the heart rate is changed, and the blood flow is changed. So instead of pumping into the chamber and back out, it circulates, and does not empty properly. They do different tests to see WHY the blood is remaining in the chamber-which causes the heart rate to increase, in an attempt to push the blood on through. If it is just an abnormal rythm, they do the cardiac shock---like you see on TV...Charge, Clear, Wham! You are sedated for it! If the problem is a pathway change they usually opt for cardiac ablation, which is what Rick's issue was. They go in with probes like they do for angiograms, through the artery in the groin, and watch the blood flow, and then they use cautery to change the path. It is like a pool ball, banking off the walls of the heart, and not ever hitting the pocket---so it is not exiting the chamber. So they cauterize an area which makes the blood move in a different pattern, and continue until the cautery pushes the blood out the proper way, and empties the chamber, allowing the heart rate to return to normal. Rick went for over a month with his heart rate never dropping below 120 at rest! He had the ablation done, went back to the motel that night and felt better than he had in months he said!

Scary, but done VERY frequently....same as the shock. It is also something that will reoccur often, but Rick's was done 2 years ago, and he has remained low rate ever since, he does take Cardizem every day to maintain a steady rate, and not to put extreme pressure on the mitral valve they operated on.

Well I am home from lunch and the pumpkin patch, and have tons and tons to do, and want to do NOTHING! But I am going to.

Manda won $100.00 for her costume today. She took the old Monks robe we have had for years and wore it, she rosied up her cheeks nice and pink....and stapeled lunch box size bags of chips all over her robe, and went as a CHIP-MONK. She said the best part was at break everyone snacked off her outfit!! Goof ball!! She said the 1st place winner (she was like 5th) was the Grim Reaper, and his robe went clear to the floor, and he had a fog machine hooked up under it, so it looked like he floated everywhere! He had one of those hoods so no part of him was visible as a human, and he looked to float! And her friend wore a huge regal gown, and had twigs and leaves attached everywhere, with her hair all up, and little animals all over her, she was Mother Nature....she won 2nd, her DH was Father Time,and he won nothing!! LOL She said it was lots of fun at work!

Better get busy!!!

Hugs

Kat

Guess I could just count 239 days from now...lol. I know it is late June, but not sure on the 'exact dates.

Is there a little smily face that is screaming??????

I am so stressed out. My mom is super stressed out. There is sooo much drama at the courthouse. It is from the other family, but it puts us on pins and needles. My mom is making me nuts, and my dad just goes along with it to make her feel better. Well who is making me feel better? I will tell you who, food!!! I won't tell you what I am eating, but it is terrible and involves a two step process!! The trial is going to last longer than anticipated, so that means more time off work. I am going to work Saturday, then Sunday we have tickets to see "The Color Purple". So that is nice diversions!! But then someone said that Saturday might have trial. I need that screaming smiley face again!!!

I am going to sort of veg out and relax and try not to think about how terrible today was.

Jane

I'm sorry Jane :w00t: :w00t: :laugh:

Oh yeah oh yeah!!!!!!! I was hoping that was the date!!! Charles and Cody will be in COLORADO ON A SCOUT TRIP!!!!!!!!! can I get a HELL YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO justification REQUIRED!!!!! I just got re-engergized!

Jane~ Hang tough honey! I am sorry you had a shitty day! Take care of yourself and try to find peace where you can!oxoxxoxo

TracyKS~ Hell Ya! I hear a blender in our future!xoox

Too tired to type!

xoxoxoxo

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Don't remember why I didn't make it on yesterday... busy-ness, I'm sure... yep, that was it... worked 'til 2 then on the road w/kid activities... orthodontist, soccer, HW costume picking @ a friend's, pom practice, dinner out while watching the PHILLIES WIN THE WORLD SERIES! (DH grew up outside Philly & is a fan of all the Philly teams, so DS is, too. Depending when the parade is, they'll play hooky from school & work & go!) Didn't get home 'til 9:30pm or so...

Today is more of the same... work work work this a.m. then hit the road for the HS Homecoming parade (dd's poms group is marching in it to Micheal Jackson's "Thriller"... it's cute & appropriate for the season... they're "marching" like zombie pom pom girls & will be in their uniforms but w/zombie makeup & blood, etc -- funny!)... then ds has soccer practice...

SERIOUSLY, I think that next week will signal a slowing down of our activities & thus my life's stress...

I am eating EVERYTHING and ANYTHING btw... I am SO SO SO SO BAD!! Last night @ the restaurant I was actually trying to talk the kids into sharing a dessert w/me... they were full & said "no" and I was bummed out... WHAT IS WRONG W/ ME??? Came home & had a bowl of ice cream (light, but still...)

I think that 5-day pouch test is for band, too... & I'm thankful that you posted it, Judy!

Suzie... that stinks about the early hours again... hang in there!

Janie!... Super purple power & loads of good thoughts coming your way!! ((Janie))

Pam... Loved that earring/butt line... classic PamELa! :unsure:

TracyK... Yep, 1 for Macy, 5 for "poor" people (poor, poor pitiful ME!). :) It's good to be in charge!

TracyKS... Work sounds whack! That's crazy, a nun speaking like that to him!

Laura... I'm so sorry to read about your friend... I hope your mom goes for testing soon!

Kat... You're always up to something interesting!

Terri... Sounds like your earring biz is really taking off! :)

Hi Jen!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Edited by mdrai

I am up, I think it will be another really tough day, and then tomorrow we are supposed to be let out early for Halloween, it has gone past six most nights and the judge told the jury that they would for sure get early for that. Then Saturday I work. I am sooo tired, I just want to go back to bed. Instead I will be a good girl and get in the shower.

Jane