Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning Violets~

Busy Busy!!! Watching Army Wives now and trying to put my face on. I have a bit of the ol' "goopey eye". Haven't had this since high school. I doubt I will put on any makeup...don't want to ruin my nice makeup. Do I need to go to the doctor??? I was just there yesterday w/ Susanne. Anyone got any ideas? Anything over the counter? HELP!

Terri~ yes please on more earrings! :biggrin: I'd like purple and a rich green color. I so love my gypsy earrings! I'll pop a check in the mail next week (after payday:wink:)

Gotta work then we are having the security guy come. Gonna put in a security system.

I'll pop later from work!

xoxoxoxo

Good Morning Girls, I'm so excited and you'll never guess why.

Can You guess?????????????

Think about it.

Only one week away from NO MORE POLITICAL commercials and phone calls.

I can't hardly wait. I'm tired of this whole thing. We just need to vote and get it over with. Just think about all the money that was spent on campaigning. How many families could they be feeding or giving medical care to.

OK, Where in the world is TracyKS and Haydee? Pammie? Denise?

Jane, Your family is in my prayers.

Judy can't get on here. I wonder who else can't get on here???

Morning V's

My best friend out in Albuquerque, the one getting married in March.. texted me last night that her mom died, and she doesn't want to talk so please don't call. She is my age, and this was completely unexpected, so I just feel horrible. I wanted to call her so bad. Her ex-fiance is best buds with Russell so I had him call to see if he heard any more about it.. he said all they know is the dad found her dead when he went to wake her up, so she passed in her sleep. They don't know the cause yet. Apparently she won't take calls from anyone, and I hate being so far away.. I wish I could go over to her house and sit with her, I know she's devastated. I couldn't imagine losing my mom unexpectedly at this age, I'm completely not ready to let her go.

So then I texted my mom (who is in Chicago right now) and told her about it, then told her GO GET YOUR LABS!!! She has been talking about wanting to get her cholesterol checked for months, but she is so hard to get to go to a doc. She also had the hysterectomy about 2 years ago and they removed tumors from her ovaries, and she said she knows the tumors are back-- but won't go to the doc. I'm just really spooked and sullen right now.

I'm not good with words in situations like this anyway, which is why I'd much rather be there in person to just sit with her and let her cry.

Work has got me busy already, time to go drown myself in it!

Laura-how horrible for your friend! You know as much as you want to be with her right now, even if you were there she may not want to see anyone. She probably needs to be alone right now. I know I would probably want to be left alone. I am so sorry!

Hi girls... took the day off yesterday to play hooky with my mom. And after reading Laura's message this morning I'm so so glad I did it. She's always off on Monday's and always works weekends. We see each other during the week for dinner but haven't been out shopping and having a girl's day in awhile. So yesterday I just decided to skip work and to surprise her. I went and picked her up and we went shopping, had manis and pedis and just had such a fun day... I was feeling guilty this morning when I saw the pile of work on my desk but after reading Laura's post all my guilt is out the window. Work will always be here, never ending, same thing day to day. I've got to remember that more often...

Laura - your baby bump looks too cute! You're starting to show! Let me know how that pot roast turns out. We love pepperocini's too and had them last night on our salad.< /p>

Kat - that sucks that you lost your new earring. I've done that before and am just sick when I look at the remaing earring in my jewelry box. I can't ever throw the other one away thinking that I MIGHT find the other one someday, LOL. Oh and my address is updated on the new Christmas sheet that Laura made for us. I'll PM it to you though...

Be right back girls, not done with personals but have to run to a meeting...

Good afternoon, Violets.

Finally, FINALLY I can get in here. I tried all morning til I left for my hospital shift and then tried again when I got home. All I got was a database error message. Checked Bob's computer and got the same message. So when I got home, I rebooted and defraged and now it seems to be working. Whew... can't be without the Violets for more than a few hours... unless I'm on a cruise, of course!!

Nothing happening today except for SIL's birthday party tonight.

OH.. GUESS WHAT???!!! Fall is officially over here in Northern Michigan. It SNOWED today. Just scattered flakes and not enough to cover the ground, but still SNOW nevertheless. The Bobster keeps asking when we're going to move to Florida and I keep saying I still like the 4 seasons so we're at a stalemate. As long as I can get away once in awhile on a cruise, I'm happy. And I still love snow.

Jane.. hope things are going well in court.

Laura.. so sorry to hear about your friend's mother. It certainly makes you appreciate what you have. My mom has been gone 4 years now and I still miss her everyday.

Susie.. I'm with you. Can't wait for all the political crap to be over with. This is the worst time now.. just a week to go. I'm going to be manning phones on election day. Should be interesting. But I'm only calling supporters to make sure they have voted so I don't expect any negativity.

TracyinKS...where are you?????

PamELa.. nothing that I know of over the counter for goopy eyes. But a visit to the doctor is in order if you suspect pinkeye. HIghly, highly contagious.

Gonna go watch some tv and relax a bit. Love these lazy days.

Everyone have a good one.

On my way to the hospital. My friend who had surgery Oct. 8 is in for irregular heartbeat. I sure hope it's not because of the band!! BBL

Edited by Teachlady

Laura, sorry about your friend. She must be so distraught.

Judy, Hope your friend is ok.

Hope we hear from TracyKS soon.

I'm off to work, see ya later tonight.

My granny got her recipe to me for her kielbasa corn chowder (om nom nom), thought I'd pass it on. Here's the original recipe..

grp_edr_orangeblt.gif8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced grp_edr_orangeblt.gif2 onions, finely chopped grp_edr_orangeblt.gif1 tablespoon butter grp_edr_orangeblt.gifOne 14.5-ounce can chicken broth grp_edr_orangeblt.gif1 large baking potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes grp_edr_orangeblt.gif1 cup half-and-half grp_edr_orangeblt.gifOne 1-pound bag frozen corn, thawed grp_edr_orangeblt.gifSalt and pepper grp_edr_orangeblt.gifgrp_edr_ingreddots.gif

grp_edr_hdr_directions.gif

1. Heat a deep skillet or a wide 4- to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

2. Add the onions and butter to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add the broth and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the half-and-half and corn and cook, stirring, until heated through.

3. Using a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup chowder until smooth. Stir the puree back into the chowder along with the browned kielbasa and season to taste with salt and pepper.

-----

My granny makes a few changes (which I also plan to make), I love when she makes it! Due to dentures, she doesn't use the frozen corn, she uses 2 cans of creamed corn.. and she doesn't do the puree at the end. Her Soup is really liquidy, so I imagine the puree would make it more chowdery. I also plan on omitting potatoes, cause my fickle tastebuds don't like potatoes in food. :biggrin:

Been trying to get my friend's fiance to call me back all day, I need to make sure I have her right address for flowers. He won't return my calls or texts :blush:

Grrrrrr trying again----no less than 6 posts lost today....but after the first 2 I learned....gonna try the short one first!!! LOL

Kat

Hey Gals~

I was so pissed...I thought my district blocked the site, lol! Glad to hear it was just a glitch. On Sunday, Alex posted that he was changing servers. I sure hope I can get to LBT from work. I noticed Terri or Tracyks didn't post (unless I missed it). Hope the server change does not effect them either.

Laura~ So sorry for your friend. Trust me...any age sucks. I guess as we mature though we are more capable to "deal" with it. My heart breaks for children who lose their mothers...well for all of us. Send flowers and perhaps give her the space she is requesting.

Tracy~play nice w/ the teacher.

Well so far so good for now!

Laura I agree, give your friend time to deal with things her way. When Rick was so mad at me, the article Terry sent me about allowing the injured party to set the tone....is something I have a really hard time doing, but have been attempting to do in other areas of my life as well. My best friend, Becky is the same way, she goes to bed and sleeps for hours when she is sad, or scared or worried.....makes me crazy!!! I am doing mey best to let her deal with things HER way tho now. I am opposite, I eat, have trouble emptying my mind to sleep at all----I want to talk, but do not want touched, no hugs, unless I initiate them!!!

As hard as it is, it is her grief, and while it might make YOU feel better to be a part of it, right now she doesn't think it would help her....and allowing that is the most you can do.

Some how the article Terry sent, really resonated with me, taught this old dog new tricks, or is at least trying, I tend to still try to run roughshod over people and heal them MY way!!

Good Luck!

Gonna post this, and go clean shrimp--------fun, fun, fun! BBL if the site will allow, then it is off to the shop to put up more insulation!

Kat

Court was horrible, but I expected it. It moves sooo slow!!! I bet it won't be done til next week, hence my problem of what do I do then? I am off on Monday, but next week I am SUPER busy. So, hopefully it will be over by Tuesday.

I wish I would have absentee voted, we didn't have early voting here, did try one time to absentee vote, but the wait was over one hour and I had to go to dentist.

Laura, the bump is toooooo cute!!!

Denise loved the pictures of the boys!!!

Oh well, I need to go run some errands.

Bye!!!