Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Woohooo!!! OK Terry, tell me how you want me to do this.....just send you a check, or make the "sale" on your etsy site??? I have no issue doing it either way.....I feel quite safe with this seller!!! LOL

Had dinner, threw the ball back and forth with Rick for awhile in the yard, and now he is snoozing in the chair----which he ALWAYS does if he drinks a beer with his mexican food! Irritates me to no end! Plus now he will wake up at the ass crack of dawn, and be wide awake, while I will have a chance to sleep in, and want to do just that!

I need to get my eating in control again, I have gained weight! Not lots----but I don't want it to be lots! So it is ON! I might end up waiting til Monday to get REALLY serious with the exercise and diet combined, with Rick being on days off, he has a list of things we are needing to do, and places to go and all that! But, it is gonna happen......

Well I am going to go finish my book, and listen to him snore.....such a wild and crazy life we lead!!!

Kat

Good Evening, Violets..

We just got home from watching a community theatre production of Calamity Jane. It was really very good. We went out to a restaurant afterwards. I had a slice of pumpkin pie minus the crust. Bob had the same... plus a chocolate shake. I just can't seem to reign him in on bad choices!!

He's leaving tomorrow for a 9 hour trip to the Upper Peninsula on church business. He won't be home til about midnight Sunday night. So, I'm on my own for lapband support group and then to get some Halloween decorations up. I'm so behind on that!!

Going to head to bed. Everyone sleep well..

Good morning everyone-

Jane-yes I stayed away from the bad food for the most part...I took Benedryl and fell asleep. Figured it was the best thing to do.

I keep bouncing between 206 and 207 and it is beginning to piss me off actually. I am quite sure that the huge slice of pizza did not help but at least it wasn't 4 or 5 slices like I used to eat. (hear me trying to rationalize?)

I started to call one of you last night but I kept thinking "oh it is Friday night, spare them and leave them alone".

DH is off but we are gonna stay around here. I am in such a blah mood and I can not seem to shake it! Its not like me and I don't like feeling ths way. It is so beautiful here this weekend so maybe we will spend alot of the time outside :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone and remember to make good choices!

Kat - you can just send a check...that's great. Thanks.

Tracy - Wanna go to the bead show with me?? LOL Better not, it's addictive as crack cocaine. Wanna borrow my dog? He's for rent cheap!

I've got so many things I need to do this weekend I don't know where to start.....so I'm starting here! I need to go shopping for some fall/winter clothes and just don't feel like it! :thumbup: Maybe I'll wait 'til next weekend....I have 4 days off in a row.

Well, I better get to it.....lots to do.

TTYL!

I was free for you to call, TracyK. I actually had to drive to downtown KC around 9:30 last night to pick a friend up. But my phone was open all night. Don't ever think we wouldn't be happy to hear from you.

I'm going tomorrow morning with the little girl next door and her Mom to see HSM3. Whippeeeeee.

Not to much going on here today. Some yard work.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy, you can call me whenever! I really don't have a huge social life. Last night I went shopping, and I really needed someone to STOP me!!!

On a different note, I PB'D yesterday for the first time in almost a year!! I got a little fill yesterday, and forgot and wham!!!! But I was happy!! I did gain a few pounds when I went back to Dr. He didn't say anything. He tried for 1/2 an hour to find my port, any finally found it!! I swear I had internal injuries from him doing it!!!! OWWW is all I can say. Now I am bruised and have needle marks by my port. It is find today, just a little sore.

Well I better go and hop in shower, have to be at work at 9:00, I probably won't post anymore today, babysit overnight at my sisters, and can browse the internet, but I don't want to post there. Have a great weekend!!

Terry if I didn't have to work I would love a bead show!!!!!

Haydee, Thought you might get a kick out of this.

Donald Rumsfeld briefed President Bush this morning. He told Bush that three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq today. The color ran from Bush's face, and he was visibly shaken. Bush composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?"

Try this again... Hi everyone!

Tina Turner was OUT OF THE WORLD. Not to mention the fact that she went non stop for 2.5 hours (except for a 30 min intermission), she sounded perfect, danced her ass off, and put on such an amazing show...complete w/ fireworks and pyrotechnologies (sp...whatever...there was fire). She had the energy of a 10 year old and NEVER once showed her 68 years! Shit...we should all be so lucky.

I PB often these days. I just do it on the first 3-4 bites...and then, I can eat a little bit after. Made a huge mistake driving to Phoenix yesterday. Susanne made us sandwhiches for the trip and the bread was Dill Rye...my fav! I was doing ok, working 1/2 the sand very slowly when for some reason I decide to take a swig of my Water. OMG...the pain, the pain. I was able to walk that off when we were getting gas. Gave the other 1/2 of sand to someone (along w/ 5 bucks and a water) who was standing on the side of the road asking for food and $. Anywhoo...it is my own fault for eating a sand (w/ bread) and swigging Water.

This is gonna sound weird, I wonder if anyone else is having trouble from soda (WHICH WE ARE NOT ALLOWED). When I drink one, I get that bad shoulder pain like right after surgery. I did just figure this out yesterday so will try not to have any today. I was thinking it was arthritus or something. This happen to anyone else???

Have a great day!

Went to work out at Curves. Came home and did some housework and now just waiting till noon to go out and cut the grass. It's still a little to cool to do it now. We also have to go to Westlakes to get some weather stripping for the garage doors.

Pam, That is one thing I miss. Eating sandwiches. I don't do to well with bread. And I have made the mistake about thinking I can wash something down with Water. Nothing like spitting for fifteen minutes. As far as the pop goes, I don't drink carbonated drinks unless I don't feel good and than I do the 7up stuff. I don't have the shoulder pain with it. I just have the carbonation not going down thing.

Beautiful here today so I'm hoping to enjoy as much of it as I can.

Have a great day.

Suzie - lol, thanks for the chuckle...

Pamela - WOW, show sounds like it was awesome! I hope I have a chance to see her before she retires...

Judy - sounds like Bob is a sugar fiend like I am. Pie and shake, typical day for me, LOL...

So this morning I decided I was going to eat like a bandster is supposed to eat... You know, small portions, little bites. This is after a week of just massive quantities of food because of all the parties i've been going to. I soft scrabled two eggs for myself and took a small spoon and started eating. Even though I felt like I was still hungry when I finished I just ignored my head when it was telling me to eat something else, that it wasn't enough food to satisfy me. Well here it is around 11:30am and I still feel full. This is all a head game for me... I hate that... I guess I'm back to basics now. Little portions eaten slooowwly.

Okay, I gotta get in the shower now... talk to you girlies later...

Pammy-sounds like such a good time at the concert! I wish I had half her energy!

Had enchiladas for lunch so it looks like no dinner for me (or maybe something small). I want ice cream but I am not gonna indulge twice in the same day. I wish I knew the calorie content of what I had. I like to be in control of the calories but it is difficult when you go out to eat.

I know all of this is a head game for me too. It is mind over matter...some days matter wins :eek:

Good evening, Violets..

wow.. sure is quiet in here these days! You'd think it was a weekend or sumfin............ oh wait.. hehehe

We had our lapband support group meeting today and had 14 in attendance. 4 were newbies contemplating the surgery and the rest were "pros". Gotta tell you TracyK.. when you start getting down on yourself.. just remember there is always someone worse off. One of the members of the group came for the second time and she has had the band for a year and has not lost one pound.. not one pound! BUT she lost 15# before surgery and has kept that off. She told us how she wasn't using the band as a tool. She consumed lots and lots of ice cream and said she was up to 3-4 20 oz. regular cokes a day. She finally went back to the doctor, got a fill and says she is finally losing weight. We told her she HAD to come back to the next meeting and be accountable. Hopefully we can help her keep on track. As we all know the head game is the hardest to win. One of our ladies who had the surgery in June has already lost 60#!! Sure made me feel like I hadn't done what I was supposed to, but then I look at how far I've come and I've got to be proud, no matter what!! Same for ALL of us in here!! We just all need to get over that mind game bump that has us trapped. We KNOW what we should eat.. the band will help us with portions, but we are in control of the crap that goes in our mouths. (I say that having splurged on a Clark bar today... ) All I've had today besides the sinful candy bar is 1 cup of Soup. And I'm not hungry so I know I'm at my sweet spot. I just have to stop putting junk in my mouth! I did well on the cruise. PB'd a lot, but didn't eat all the junky stuff I usually do. I'll see how I did when I weigh in tomorrow.

Well, I really better get some nutritional food in my belly before it gets too late. I can't eat after 8 anymore as I get acid reflux and I HATE that. It does show me, however, that my band is giving me good restriction and it's up to ME to make it work.

End of my sermon to myself. :eek:

Will check back later before I head to bed.

Woo Hoo, Kat!! :eek:

I know I'm late w/the congrats... but just had to get that in there!

It's been a whirlwind few days... Weds was dd's b'day & I baked 3 pans of brownies w/sprinkles for her to take in for school, then a double batch of colored rice krispy treats for pom practice, + a homemade chocolate mousse "pie"... + decorating, wrapping, etc..... then Thurs she & I went w/her barn to the Washington International Horse Show in DC from 4pm - midnight... SO much fun & the horses were BEAUTIFUL... I managed to find the "free" margaritas, too!! (leave it to me!)....... Yesterday was dd's b'day party @ HSM 3 premier night -- what a blast! I got all the girls "Sharpay" boas to wear + HSM gum & cereal... we got a tour of the projection areas & dd got to actually push the button that began our movie! The movie was fun... the audience was so crazy: screaming every time Zac E had a close-up, singing along, dancing in the aisles... it reminded me of a tame Rocky Horror Picture Show!..... The today dd started her new "job" of working @ the barn from 9:30a - Noon as a "sidewalker" for the beginning classes... then she wanted to stay & help w/mucking, etc. chores 'til her lesson @ 3pm, then help hay the horses... so we were gone from 9 - 5pm @ the barn (well, I did a few other things in there, but never got home)... All I can say is PHEW!! Tomorrow isn't looking much better: DH leaves for a seminar @ DISNEY -- the kids & I are SO JEALOUS because he doesn't even care that it's there & isn't planning on going into the parks! It could be in Toledo for all he cares! Ugh, such a waste! DS has a soccer game & then dd is riding in a Halloween horse show... right now she is working on her horse's costume... it's name is Sully so she is coloring purple spots onto an old blue shower curtain & we'll make some "horns" & the horse is going to be Sully from Monster's, Inc. & she's going to be "boo" the little girl!! Cute, huh??

I am running on empty... actually looking forward to Monday & nice quiet work!!

Love you all & think of you all often. Smooches!