Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well, the food thing goes for cats too....but they sure do eat a lot LESS of it than a 70-80# Golden Retreiver! I wuv kitties. Hubby is allergic. :) Or so he says........

lolcatsdotcomhyzocnytd7vcmnzq.jpg

laura - pretty sure gaining a few pounds that you can lose again trumps irreversable brain damage or malformed limbs...

KAT - YOU BACK?? I see your name on here... I heard about the accident with the ballon catching on fire. Everyone in your group ok?

Terry - I would love a cat also but my Princess thinks she was put on this earth to do battle with cats. She can't stand them and will foam at the mouth each time she sees one trying to get at 'em. Yes, this is my four pound nine year old maltese. Thinks she's Cujo reincarnated...

At this rate I'll gain 60lbs by the end of it, but 'few pounds', yeah.. I've never heard smoking causes malformed limbs. :smile2:

A coworker (who smokes) said she bought this book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" last year, and hasn't read it yet.. so she brought it to me today to read. So far, it mentions many smokers will buy the book and out of fear, won't read it.. hehehe. Not sure where it's going yet, but it keeps saying you don't need will power, you don't need gimmicks, and you won't have cravings.. got my attention.

At this rate I'll gain 60lbs by the end of it, but 'few pounds', yeah.. I've never heard smoking causes malformed limbs :smile2:

he he, whatevs... you get my drift...

Hey Girls~

Made it home late last night/early this morning, it was about midnight. We hung out til the last balloon quit glowing, and the fireworks were over, took the bus back to our car and home we came!

I thought the trip was going to be ruined. I come down with a head cold or sinus infection or something, but the meds I took kept me comfortable, then come home and had some nightime sinus stuff, so was ok.

We come home late, and left out early, and went and got a load of wood. One more load, and we will be set for winter. Rick is off gettting another load with my Dad right now. Then a couple for his folks and I think we have everyone topped off. I mentioned to his siblings again about the wood, I guess they would prefer them to freeze....something I intend on mentioning to them frequently as the weather gets colder. Our son has done the bulk of their wood hauling and work this year....gotta love him.

Judy, what a wonderful ultrasound picture, some of them are so difficult to get the baby to cooperate into a nice position, your baby looks like they posed!!!

Love Ethans hat, and little red cheeks. Kinsey has a menagerie of dogs snuggled up with her at home, she sleeps with her chihuahua. When Manda takes her to bed at night, Dozer (the 3 lb. dog) gets put up with her, they read a story, and when Kinsey gets ready to go to sleep, he climbs under the covers and waits, and when she gets positioned, he snuggles in. Manda said when she goes in and sits on the bed in the morning to get Kinsey ready to come here, she has to be careful not to sit on the dog, and the dog groans and moans, and HATES being taken out of the covers to go outside! Spoiled little beast, but Kinsey ADORES him!

Laura, great job on the no smoking, I knew you could do it! What better reason! Yes you may gain more than the Dr. likes, but she is going to be glad you quit smoking, and frankly if she is snotty about it, and not supportive of you quitting, it is not too late to find another Dr.!! That is a HUGE thing to do---giving up the cigarettes without a replacement nicotine source, or Chantix or anything, I would hope she sees it for the benefit it is. As your cravings reduce, your weight will stabalize for the pregnancy. Just keep your kidney situation in mind, maybe that will help.

TracyK----thanks so much for sharing the info about having to help Macy learn to work alone. I too usually color right along with Kinsey, and help her do things--I am learning from you, and plan to back off some and let her learn to do things alone too. I know it does not help Macy, but thank you for sharing!!!!!!

Well, everytime I think of something I want to say to one of y'all, something interupts, I have been an hour trying to get this posted. Going to just post it, and will try again later!!!

Hugs!

Kat

I quit smoking, but I am eating more. I know that's a choice too, but when I'm at home at night I either gotta eat or chain smoke. If I'm not smoking at all, I eat.. or I'll go crazy!! I have been going to bed early to not go overboard, but I can't help myself.

I am glad I am getting a fill next week. I know I'm going to gain more than my obgyn said she wants me to being that I'm not going to be smoking. Which is the greater evil? :smile2:

I hear ya sista! I know exactly what you mean! lol It is better to quit then take the weight back off....at least that is what I am doing!

TracyK----thanks so much for sharing the info about having to help Macy learn to work alone. I too usually color right along with Kinsey, and help her do things--I am learning from you, and plan to back off some and let her learn to do things alone too. I know it does not help Macy, but thank you for sharing!!!!!!

You are welcome :wub: I took Pamelas advice and the sticker thing is going very well! She has done well since that day and has gotten a sticker every day!

TracyK---can I have a sticker? Rick went riding without me....DD has the day off, so Kinsey is at home, I don't even have the TV on, it is just..... q u i e t. AND I am all alone in the quiet! I think I deserve a sticker!!! LOL

Seriously, I am so glad she is enjoying the challenge of earning the stickers, and that it is something that will help her overcome her want for the teachers company. I would never have thought of it! I seriously thought I (as I am sure you did) was doing the right thing, helping her, spending quality time with her, helping her learn.....there is always gonna be a pitfall.....sorry you had to find this one tho!!!

Kat

Phew!!!!

Busy, busy day. One good thing about being busy is that it keeps me away from the food.< /span>

Breakfast- oatmeal

Lunch- cottage cheese and pinapple, string cheese

snack- handfull of peanuts

about 8 lifesavers.

80 ounces of Water.< /span>

BLT's for dinner but I'm gonna have a salad and crumble a few bacon strips on it.

Weather is suppose to turn cooler next week so I'm going to try to get outside as much as I can this weekend. If I had a dog I would take it to the dog park. Unfortunetly my sisters doggie doesn't play well with others.

Pam, Just wanted to wish you luck. I'm sure you will have a great time this weekned. I will be thinking of you. Holler when you get back.

Hugs to you.

Judy-you will be greatly missed! Have fun and think of us often :smile2:

Pamela-try to have a good time, ok? Be careful and give you dad a great big violet hug for us, k?

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend in whatever you do!

Judy -- I see you down there! You must be all packed and ready to go!! :smile2: We'll be thinking of you! (Got your lucky cruise Bracelet packed?)

TracyK - that's soo cool that the sticker trick is working!! Pamela is so smart! Wonder if that would work with my son????

Good evening, Violets..

WEll, my name was there, but I wasn't! We've been here and there getting all our ducks in a row before we leave tomorrow. And yes, I have my lucky cruise Bracelet packed!! I also have my new leaf necklace packed as it will go with the outfit I'm wearing from MIchigan to Florida.

I didn't have Ethan today as there was no work for his dad, so he didn't go in. Sooooooooo we got the lawns mowed, the house dusted and got Snacks and magazines to take on the plane.

I'm going to go watch some tv, hit the hot tub and then to bed. Everyone have a good evening.. I'll check in one more time before I leave tomorrow. sleep well!!

Judy, you guys have a very fun and safe time. You will be missed alot till you get back. Take lots of pics.

Hey Girlies~

Tracy~ I am so glad the sticker thing is working. That is a tough lesson you are teaching her...that failure is ok too...but one that is invaluable! As for Terri's son, we might need to upgrade stickers for hot girls or cool cars or something.

Judy~ HAPPY CRUISING!!! xoxooxxo

Susanne and I had a great date this afternoon. We went to see Body of Lies (w/ DeCaprio and Crowe...very good, smart movie) and then went to an outside cafe for dinner. I had a scoop of chicken salad and 2 bites of a garden salad. Was a lovely evening...perfect temp, perfect company. Have I told you all how lucky I am to have such a wonderful partner. Came home and packed (wearing jeans and bringing sweats...easybreezylemonsqueezy) and am emotionally and literally ready to go. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Have a great weekend. I'll pop in Sunday night!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Aren't I too old to have a huge zit on my face?

I have a busy day tomorrow at work, then I have got a bunch of things to do Sunday, then Monday I am going to get a flu shot! There is a big hospital here that gives them out for free!!

Did you have all your tests Kat? Thanks for the card!! My sneezing is getting a bit better, and my nose is not running all the time!! I was doing a foil today, and had to keep excusing myself, take off my gloves, blow my nose, wash my hands, put my gloves back on, and do some foils then repeat the blowing sequence. I don't feel bad, just get aggravated, and then crabby!!!

I am going to get to bed so I can get up and go to work!!

Have a safe trip Pamela!!

Judy, you have your lucky jewelry, so make sure you hit the slot machines with your jewels on!!!!! Speaking of being lucky, good luck to you Laura!! Drive safely and have fun!!!!