Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Thanks everyone for the props on the necklace! It was fun to make...cut the leaf from a sheet of copper and hammered and punched and oxidized and formed it myself! Have I ever mentioned I love to hammer metal? LOL

Haydee - I'd be proud to make you one, too! I've got a Bracelet to make for Janie, and an Etsy order to finish, then I'll start on yours, if you like. I'll pm you the price. You pack Juan's clothes for him too?? He is spoiled rotten!! I guess if you didn't do it, he'd go naked??

Laura - BIG hugs to you!! I'm so proud of you! I'll send you two other links that you'll find motivating as well.

Pamela - Well, let me tell you what I'd do if I had one more weekend with my mom. I'd sit next to her on the couch and snuggle with her. I'd take in her smell....fill my lungs and my mind with it so I'd never forget it. She always smelled so sweet...and I miss that. I would tell her for the millionth time that I love her and I would tell her Thank You. Then I'd sit and watch The Odd Couple with her. That's what I'd do if I had one more weekend.

Home from my class and finished folding some clothes, ate 4 crackers and butter and a string cheese. Took my medicine so now I''m off to bed.

Pam, take a few of you "I Love Lucy" tapes to sit and watch with him. Laugh till it hurts. Just try to have as much fun as you can. Tell him constantly how much you love him. I will be thinking of you the whole time.

Night everyone.

Thanks so much ladies~ Terri, I loved what you said about "one more weekend". Tonight we (my brother and step sis and I) got another email. Now that we are all coming up for our "one at a time visits" the truth is ocming out! I won't bore you w/ the details, but it is just worse! Anyway, I am taking some serious purple power w/ me...I just want to make it through w/o...well, you know!

OK...what else. Juan (the twin w/ the burned brother...I love this kid) got an award for bravery from the library today! That was sooo cute, and the librarian cried...you don't know her, she barely smiles let alone cries. It was cute. He said that in March he and his family are going to stay "in a fancy hotel" and have to give a speech about his bravery to a "bunch of fancy people". He gets to wear a tux. I told him, "you are as fancy as anyone else in that room...and don't you forget it!" I'll have to get a pic of this child and email it...he is really too cute!

Terri~ That necklace was devine! You my dear friend are very talented!

Judy~ OOOO my, the baby is too cute! I love the idea of waving to the Violets. You can see her/his ribs! I think it is amazing...have funfunfun on your cruise! We will miss you! Promise not to talk to much while you are gone!

OK...everyone...thanks for the love and well wishes for the eye (poor Susanne). You all are the best!

oxoxxoxoxo

Haydee - you have such a great attitude and outlook. Someone hits your car and you are ranting and raving -- you just thinking about when you can fit into your schedule to get fixed...

thanks for pointing that out to me gina... I've been working really hard on myself in order to not take everything so seriously and to mellow out a little and I guess it's the changes are starting to take hold. My old self would have been throwing a fit, yelling at this poor kid and just frustrated beyond belief. I instead saw it for what it was, an accident, and just went on with my day...

well here i am, it's midnight and I'm still up. Don't know why I'm not sleepy... I'm gonna check my email and then pop over to the gossip sites... that might make me sleepy!

Haydee - I'd be proud to make you one, too! I've got a Bracelet to make for Janie, and an Etsy order to finish, then I'll start on yours, if you like. I'll pm you the price. You pack Juan's clothes for him too?? He is spoiled rotten!! I guess if you didn't do it, he'd go naked??

anytime is fine! finish whatever you need to finish first...

yes, juan is spoiled rotten. i've only got myself to blame, LOL.

Uggghhhhhhhhhhhh,

I hate mornings, especially this early.

thanks for pointing that out to me gina... I've been working really hard on myself in order to not take everything so seriously and to mellow out a little and I guess it's the changes are starting to take hold. My old self would have been throwing a fit, yelling at this poor kid and just frustrated beyond belief. I instead saw it for what it was, an accident, and just went on with my day...

well here i am, it's midnight and I'm still up

That IS real progress, isn't it!! And just think how much healthier it is to reduce all that stress! Hey, are you still seeing Jo? (or whatever her name is?)

Suzie - I forgot to answer your question about the beads you all sent. No, I haven't made anything with them yet. I would really love to come up with a project where they could all go into it, but there's so many beads and all different sizes, textures and styles....so a wearable piece is not really practical. I thought of a sun-catcher type thing, but haven't 'fleshed it out' yet. I did buy a beautiful purple blouse the other day and might have to dive into them when I make a set to go with that! :) I do love 'em and they all have such special meaning to me. Beaders are well known for their hoarding issues...LOL....we buy beads we love, then hate to use them because then they're all gone! Sick, I know. It's kinda the same with my purple birthday beads....

Pammy - you're so good. I'm glad you're a teacher. I love what you said to Juan! We'll all be thinking of you this weekend. Love you! OXOXO

Good morning everyone-

Still TOM so I have not gotten on the scales. I know that yesterday I had the munchies BAD. I even tried to make the splenda/cream cheese stuff and it came out gross. Then I tried to make PB Cookies with splenda and they were nasty too. I was cranky cause I wanted something tasty and I was frustratd at myself for it. Anyway, glad I am not weighing today :)

Jane-do you still use your Wii Fit? I wish ?i had one!

Michelle-dd loves surprises. She loves to get mail...makes her very excited.

Terry-So I guess it is safe to say that Hero loved the bark park? What fun. I am thinking about getting dd a dog for christmas. Listening to you talk about Hero is convincing me more & more.

Laura-the thing about smoking being a choice is something Terry told me too. Talk about helpful. I never looked at it that way. Made it easier to not light one, right?!

Judy-love the ultrasound pic! Babies are so special. Its not a dragon! lol

TracynKS-at least beig busy @ work is making the day go by fast, right? How are you on eating? Are you being a good girl?

Pamela-how nice that he got an award. I'll bet that made him feel wonderful. Sorry things are worse with your dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers honey. How is your brother doing?

I know I did not do personals to everyone but I need to get off here and get dd ready for school. I will bbl, have a great day everyone.

Edited by TracyK

Tracy - dogs are such wonderful teachers. I'm partial to big dogs because I love to hug them, and especially Labs and Goldens because they are just so dang sweet (and smart)!!! BUT dogs can be expensive, especially in their later years...so keep that in mind.

**soapbox alert**

...and one of the things that makes dogs so expensive in their later years is the CRAP (and I mean absolute CRAP) that is put in commercial dog food. (There are many articles on the subject, here's just one: http://www.naturalnews.com/012647.html ) So if you're going to have a dog, do yourself a favor, prevent disease in your dog, do your research and feed them the highest quality food possible. (Innova, Blue Buffalo, Wellness, etc.)

**ok, I'm off now...**

Good morning, I am running late, brewing coffee as I type.

Pamela and Judy have a safe trip. I almost hate putting you both together in the same sentence. But, you are both going out of town for love!!! Purple power to both of you especially Pamela!!!!

I don't use my wii fit like I should. I need to get into the habit of using that again.

I smell my coffee!!! Yum!!!!!!!!!

Still a non smoker Laura?? I am so proud of you for your efforts!! You are doing this at a great time and a great age!!!

Okay I think my coffee is done. Have a great day and remember TGIF!!

Pamela and Judy have a safe trip. I almost hate putting you both together in the same sentence. But, you are both going out of town for love!!!

cute cute cute Jane... I absolutely agree!

**soapbox alert**

...and one of the things that makes dogs so expensive in their later years is the CRAP (and I mean absolute CRAP) that is put in commercial dog food. (There are many articles on the subject, here's just one: The true horrors of pet food revealed: Prepare to be shocked by what goes into dog food and cat food ) So if you're going to have a dog, do yourself a favor, prevent disease in your dog, do your research and feed them the highest quality food possible. (Innova, Blue Buffalo, Wellness, etc.)

**ok, I'm off now...**

I so agree. I thought I was being such a good parent by feeding my dogs the Science Diet stuff sold at petstores instead of the crap they sell at the super market. Well even Science Diet is crap! And it's so expensive! I wish I would have done my research better when I first got my puppies. Now they are all suffering from tooth decay and joint problems in their old age... I'm thinking about switching to a home cooked diet but haven't done the research on that either...

I love my dog, and I'll be devastated the day she goes on.. but I really don't want another dog. I wish this one could just live forever. It took soo much time to train her to be a good dog. Everyone I know here has a 'problem' dog.. chews, bites, barks, isn't potty trained, etc.. My dog does not bark, she has never bitten, she doesn't chew things, and she is potty trained. She jumps on people, which drives me insane, but she's definitely much better than she started. She will sit patiently (or try with her butt wiggling), but she expects to be rewarded with pets & praise for nicely sitting.. most people ignore her, so she jumps on them to say "Ok I did it your way with no reward, NOW SEE ME!!".

Anyway, I love cats.. they don't always come without problem, as you can remember my sad day in Gruene :)

Dogs are more 'rewarding' but a lot of work.. the right cats are just loving with no work!

Getting ready for Tunica, finishing up quotes and getting samples out to customers before we leave. Wearing maternity pants & shirt today. Oh.. my..gosh..soooo comfortable. My stomach isn't being squished, I feel great. The top doesn't look maternity.. so I could pull it off. I am gaining too much weight. I'm like.. torn.. Russell said docs these days probably have no sympathy for a smoker.. I quit smoking, but I am eating more. I know that's a choice too, but when I'm at home at night I either gotta eat or chain smoke. If I'm not smoking at all, I eat.. or I'll go crazy!! I have been going to bed early to not go overboard, but I can't help myself.

I am glad I am getting a fill next week. I know I'm going to gain more than my obgyn said she wants me to being that I'm not going to be smoking. Which is the greater evil? :confused: