Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Ya'll!:tt1:

Terri~ Hero sounds like a blast! How does dh and the kids like him? The twins are 11 years old, and I know my student is my cutest and favorite (ssshhh, don't tell I have a fav).

Tonight is the first night w/o any Walden or homework! I mean, I could work on Ch. 5 but haven't heard back from professor, so why bother until I get her feedback!

Not sure what we are gonna do tonight. I leave for Reno Sat @ 5am and wont return until 5pm Sun...so what ever we do, I bet we will be holding hands.

Jane~ Your post made me sad! Enjoy your parents while you got them. I am having a hard time...wish I wasn't, but I am!

Have a great day!

I have PCOS and is why I was infertile for so long. The main symptom I had was irregular periods and infertility. I was diganosed by the director of reproductive medicine at a Research hospital back when I was 22-23 (going through infertility testing) it was somewhat NEW at that time, at that time he told me it was just my body type and that there was nothing to be done about it. NOW they have meds for it. This is why lots of formerly infertile gals get preggo when doing a Low Carb diet. and why I attribute Robby to being an Atkins baby. After that dr. diagnosed me I was the one to educate my other doctors about it.... when I was heavy into Atkins, I answered a bunch of research questions after reading an open call in the old Atkins Advantage magazine........... ended up talking to 60 minutes producers about it and almost made the cut for the show......... anyway. I am very proud to have been part of the CURE for PCOS. My neice has it, and because I kept hounding my sister about it they had her checked.
Once again Tracy, you demonstrate that you are DA BOMB!!!:tt1:

Good Morning, Violets..

It's a rainy, Fall day here today. 55 degrees and just gloomy out. But the good news is, in 4 days we'll be on a ship headed to the Eastern Caribbean. Terry... we're hitting CoCo Cay Bahamas, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. WE have two beach days planned at Magen's Bay in St. Thomas and Orient Beach in St. Maarten. I'm all packed and ready to go, but the Bobster hasn't started yet. Typical!

Laura... kudos on not smoking. You'll be a healthier momma with a healthy baby.

Kris goes in for her ultra sound today.

I have one of those days again. I leave here at 1:30 to go to church to rehearse flutes til 4 when we go to the Senior Citizen's home to perform and then back to the church for a personnel meeting at 5:30 and then choir at 6-7.

My friend Kathy made it through surgery fine yesterday. I'm anxious to hear from her today to see how she's doing.

Michelle.. hope you feel better soon.

Off to fix some Breakfast. I'm not hungry, but I know if I don't start off right, it will come back to haunt me this evening.

Everyone have a great day!!

Laura-congrats on day 1 of no smoking!

Good morning everyone. TOM is kicking my butt so I will keep it short this time. Have a great day everyone!

Tracy...how were the nachos? (I had to ask) :tt1:

Tracy... can't believe that boat is sitting in the parking lot!!!

PamELa...I have a few more posts than you, but you're catching up!!

It's still raining here and looking like it's going to continue all day. Blah.. typical Fall day here in Northern Michigan. Perfect day for a nap, but I don't have time for one today.

I just repacked for the cruise. Since we are not going to eat in the dining room, I don't have to worry about semi-nice clothes. I can go with my denim skorts and capris and polo shirts for the cafeteria. My suitcase is now down to 25# so I'll have room to pack a hunky Cabana Boy to bring home!!

2,000 Pam?? Noob!!

<-----

Terry, I read that thing you sent me top to bottom yesterday at work. Lots of good info, and mind set information I needed to know.

Today I am having that heightened smoker's cough. I keep coughing and choking, yum yum.

I had a dream last night about my baby though, so that pumped me up. He was about 3 m/o, named Damien Rae..and some how I had amnesia from about where I am right now, till he was 3 months old, and it 'hit me' in my dream it was like I just woke up. He was super cute, but everyone kept wanting to hold him so I never got to hold him.

Just finished my morning choco milk with xtra Vitamins & Calcium.< /p>

LOL Laura~ You all got me beat! I love the dream! More like a premonition I'd bet...should we buy blue?

Good morning!

Looks like all will work out for us going to ABQ tomorrow! YAY!!! We will have decent weather it looks like, and we will stay until after the glow-deo and then they are having fireworks, at 8 PM, so we will come home after that, will be a loooong day, but we can sleep in on Friday!! Glad we could change it....in the end it looks like it was a good thing, I think Rick looked at the schedule wrong, and I believe Sunday to be the last day. I think when he looked at it, he was seeing yesterday on the schedule, and he was working!

We will have time between the balloon things to get some shopping done. I think we will try to make a list on the way and get some Christmas done! Scary thought, but it is coming up FAST!

Laura you made it a full day!!! If you get weak, call TracyK, she did it the most recent, and is proof positive it CAN be done!!!

Terry, that is one of the BIG reasons I want a dog again. If the dog needs walked, I will go....I know I could go without one, but I make excuses, which I don't do when the dog needs to go! He sounds like the perfect dog for you---it obviously was meant to be. Now if he lived here, where it gets cold, you would have to teach him to lay on your feet and warm them while you create your jewelry!!! I have to admit to being jealous!!! Part of me wants one soooooo bad....the other part is still resisting, and telling myself when it is meant to happen it will.

Michelle, and Jane, I hope you are both feeling better soon---poor you guys!

TracyK--sorry TOM has you down....you should lose weight, just like the POP diet....we will have to come up with an acronym for this one!!!

Well I told Kinsey we had to go get some things in town today, and she up and got herself dressed, brushed her hair, put on her shoes and is ready to go....I am still sitting here doing nothing!!

Guess I will get it together too....maybe we can con Papa into buying lunch!!! Perks of having to go shopping.

Yesterdays pie hole report was not too good....

B- Cereal with milk and Sweet & Low

S-pinon nuts (still in the shell--I cracked and snacked on them off & on all day---maybe ate a half cup before being shelled!!!)

L- vegetable soup...about 1/3 of a can, with 4-5 crackers.

D- small bowl of pulled pork

2 nacho chips with cheese & jalapenos at the ballgame, but only 2!

That is a pretty average day for me, which feels pretty normal. Not restrictive, but not overboard either.

I know we went to Taco Bell the other day, and Rick and the couple we were with (lunch break) all ordered combo/value meals. I ordered a taco and refried Beans, and ice Water. The other couple, Danny and Leslie each refilled their soda at least twice, and Rick refilled his before he left. He does drink diet Coke, but I cannot imagine drinking that much soda ever again. There was no food left. I ate mine, but they all ate every bit of the big meals they had, and before my band I would have and did everytime we went there! Since I have no restriction, I imagine I could have eaten a lot more--but I was not hungry with what I ate, and it seemed like plenty of food nutrition wise. I know I could make better choices...but I cannot live at home making every meal from scratch, I have to find a happy medium to live with in my real life!

It is hard not to try myself, and see how much more I can eat---since I KNOW I can. That week of increasing my intake seriously sabotaged me! Messed with my mind. I do not want to go to far the other way and flirt with anorexia, seeing how little I can live on --which is said in jest, that is SOOOOOOO not a concern---I love food!!!!

Sorry-------thinking out loud! Y'all have a good one, bbl!

Kat

Yesterday macys teacher sent a note home saying that macy wants her to stay with her while she is doing her work saying that it is "too hard". The teacher wanted me to talk to macy about it because she can't sit with her because she has "16 other children in the class as well". I talked to macy and she cried saying she could not do it by herself and needed her teachers help. Som I did the best thing I knew to do and I hugged her while she was crying and told her that her teacher could not sped all of her time with her because there are other kids too and that she needs to just try her very best and I assured her I would not be mad at her if her work was wrong as long as she did her best that is what mattered.

Any suggestions???? or was that good enough?

I have been giving macy my undivided attention since the day she was born, so I know this must be tough for her but on the other hand, she has always done ver well working/playing alone at day care. Why is it differen now? Could the work be that difficult? Is it because she just had a b-day and is a young 5 year old? I just don't know. Any input ladies?

Do they ever bring that work home? Is it something you'd be able to help her with?

Today I'm not really craving cigarettes so much, no intense cravings so far.

I 2nd what Tracy says Kat hah..

Here's my piehole report, there's no saving me for now(Fill next week!!!!!)...

Bfast- coffee

Lunch-new potatoes & 1/2 lettuce roll w/ham

Snack- fried okra & 1/2 egg drop Soup

Dinner- Slaw Dog (I PBed a lot of it, I ate it super quick and didn't chew), couple fried pickle slices..

More Snack-bowl of cap'n crunch cereal, pudding snack cup, 14 microwaved pieces of pepperoni, a mini snickers, a handful of jolly ranchers, the top layer of a mini twix, and a square of cherry cobbler.

Was still starving (yes, starving, I wanted to eat so bad!!) so I went to sleep.< /p>

I always start my day off with good intentions, then it goes down hill.

Tracy~ (my 2000th post!) I would institute some sort of reward system for her for when she tries on her own. She needs to build her self esteem up and understand that she CAN do it. Say, if you try to work on your own today (extend to "this week" later) I will give you a sticker every day. When she earns 5 or 10 stickers (make some chart on a paper and keep at her eye level on the fridge) give her some reward (extra 15 min of play, 2 books at bed instead of one, helping mom/dad,...whatever she likes, just don't use food as a reward). She will slowly see that "SHE CAN DO IT" and more importantly, she will learn to trust herself w/ work and challenges, and that it is ok to get something wrong. Point is she is earning a reward for just trying!

You can modify this but you get the idea!xoxoxoox

Do they ever bring that work home? Is it something you'd be able to help her with?

Yes, she does bring it home sometimes.

microwaved pieces of pepperoni, a mini snickers, a handful of jolly ranchers, the top layer of a mini twix, and a square of cherry cobbler.

OK, so this part CRACKS ME UP....lol I though I was the only one that did that:lol::sad_smile:

I always start my day off with good intentions, then it goes down hill.

And this is the story of my life...HA

Pamela-Iam honored to be the subject of your 2,000th post!:D

Great idea...I will try it!