Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey guys,

My kitchen is not going to be huge when I'm done because I'm putting an island in the middle (which has a sink, garbage disposal and Pasta cooker built in). My back room which i built 7 years ago which has been a waste of space - i'm going to build a bar type seating. hard to explain so i'll take pictures of that room so when it is done you will see

I worked 12 hrs today, got home to my dad and electrical nightmare ate while dealing with him, got sheet rock for my ceiling, and just sat down, i'm tired. still have 2 pages of post to read... i'm sure i'll post another

I just have to say thank goodness for my kitchen. it is keeping me going, which is not easy right now

Laura- I use to smoke... long long time ago, actually almost 15 years ago, quit when got prego with my daughter, boy did it make me sick. I smoked the weekend kev was in a coma but made me sick so i'm done....

Haydee - i missed that post but got the idea from Tracy's... at least you didn't pull a me drunk last weekend... i'm such a slut!

well i'm heading to bed.... oh shoot, going to change the laundry then going to bed.

I started smoking when I was 16. In January of 1990 I got a real bad cold that just got worse everyday. I than got Broncitis and things got worse again. One morning I lit a cigarette and thought my lungs would explode. My Sisters took me to the Doctor's and they sent me right to the hospital. I had pnuemonia in both lungs and it was bad. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and it was another 2 months before I could return to work. I never lit another cigarette. I think the pain I remember keeps me from doing it. I have plenty of days were I would kill for one. Sometimes they still smell good to me. I'm so glad hubby quit this last March.

Than in 1998 I had started bleeding very heavily every 2 weeks. The 3rd time it happened I got my butt to the Docs and made it in time. My biopsy showed I had A-Typical Endometrial Hyperplasia and needed emergency surgery. It turned into a nightmare from there. I got soft tissue infection and had to have 2 more surgeries after that. Followed by 4 months of a home health nurse coming 3 times a day to clean my wounds. I spent so much time in and out of the hospital. I was never so glad to be discharged from a Doctor. I'm sorry I had to have had the hysterectomy but I'm also glad it's over with. I have no monthly's now. Amen for that.

Going to bed now. I have an early morning shift and right now I'm pooped.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Well, I've done it. I've gone 24 hours smoke free. First time in.. since I was 14!

Heh.

I took a Unisom and going to bed early, I have realized my worst trigger time is when I am home in bed at night watching TV. I've gotten up to get Snacks and pace the house every 5 minutes, I am so antsy. I want to smoke quite a bit, so I keep telling myself.. no, I THINK I want to smoke, but I don't really. Anyway, it's been a lot harder this evening in bed than anytime during the day.

Sounds like everyone quits when pregnant, how interesting is that :wub:

My mom didn't quit, she said she asked her doctor and he said "So?"..and never advised her to quit. I figured at that time, smoking wasn't considered bad yet, but Judy you quit for your kids? Was it considered unhealthy to smoke then?

Russell said his mom use to smoke too (I never knew that) and she quit when she got pregnant.

I don't know if I would have quit if i was not puking my brains out!

I'm watching the debate.... i don't care for either one of them but forgive me if i'm wrong.... but if McCain says "my friend" one more time.... he won't have my vote.....

who is he talking to.... his imaginary friend?

sorry, that irritates me... had to say it

Laura you are younger than my kids and my Dr. told me she smoked every cigarette I did, and I needed to quit. I did. Then the very next week, my Dad was diagnosed as needing open heart surgery for bypass, and the last thing he said to me as they rolled him to surgery, was....I am so glad you gave up those damn cigarettes. He was a smoker for years....he quit cigarettes when I was a kid, and began smoking a pipe. My Dad, like yours is a big guy----6'5 1/2"----and he looked like a pipe smoker, and I will admit, I smell the bay rum or the black cherry pipe tobacco to this day and it is a comforting smell to me---but he quit that then too.....and he has never smoked again. I did start up and ended up having to quit again. That was one of my biggest helps in quitting was thinking, someday I WILL have to quit again, and I did not want to live through those first few days again!!!

I had a friend who made me a giant cigarette out of a map tube, and I saved the buck and a quarter to $2.50 I spent a day on smoking in it for months. Manda and I used it when we went to Disneyland!!! You could save your cash and buy baby furniture or go on a trip before the baby arrives......you will be shocked how fast it adds up!

Baseball game sucked----we lost, people just played stupid---but oh well, what can ya say, it is a game.

Rick is going to go lay in bed and watch the debate, we recorded it so he could see it. We are going to go vote on Thursday in early voting. Looks like we will be in TX the day of election, so this way it is done, and I can just tell the dozens it seems that call every day that I have already voted!

Manda and her sister watched it here, she was leaving as we pulled up, she said she thinks Kinsey is getting sick, she was whiny, and sniffly, and had been asleep for an hour and a half. I sure hope she is not getting sick, I worry so about it when she is.

Suzanne, I wish they had caught mine before it turned into a full blown cancer....but for several years I was without insurance, and no one would deal with me. When they found mine, they actually put me on 6 months of oral chemo----BEFORE my hysterectomy. Then had the surgery, where they removed everything, then went on with another 12 rounds of infusion chemo. I have my 5 year check on Tuesday---so for the week following Tuesday I will be a nervous wreck. Every time the phone rings I cringe.

Well I am going to go join my hubby. Maybe I can take his mind off the election!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!

Kat

Hello all. I have a headache, part allergies, part learning to knit, and part debate!!!

A good friend of mines dad died and his memorial is tomorrow. It is sort of sad, it really marks the first friend of mine (my age) who has lost a parent. It seems like I am not entering another part of adulthood. Sort of sucks. I like being my parents daughter. I will never find anyone who spoils me like my dad. My dad takes my coffee out of the microwave before his and my moms so it won't be too hot for me. He puts the right size ice cube in my coffee when he brews it. He would give me strawberry shortcake all separate so they don't touch. He opens and closes doors for me, and the list could go on. People say that is why I am not married because my dad has spoiled me so much. My mom is like my best friend. We have had our moments, but I can't imagine anyone else as my friend and mom. I can't understand what Laura is going through, since I still have my parents, plus her family was very dysfunctional, and I am sure that is adding to her feelings right now. I just want all my friends to get together and hug!!

Hey maybe Obama and McCain can hug!!!

I am really rambling here, guess it just kind of makes me feel like a different thing here.

Well I hope everyone has pleasant dreams and sleeps well tonight!!

Hi Everyone -

Well, I've been havin' fun playing with my new doggie and getting to know him. Sweet dog and it very interesting having a young one like him. Last dog I had, another golden, was 6 yrs old already when we adopted her and she was L-A-Z-Y!!! Did I tell you we named this dog Hero? Well, Hero has lots of energy and it's so much fun! Here is the BIG bonus: He loves to walk on a leash and will walk as fast as you let him....he never stops to sniff or pee or anything else....just WALKS! So we've found a great route that gives us about 1.5 miles! So I AM moving again!! Playing on the floor with him, throwing the ball, chasing, and walking. Yea me!! We start his basic training class on Saturday. We have an awesome Bark Park not far from here and I can't wait to take him this weekend! He's gonna have a blast!!! Ya'll are gonna laugh at me -- but I'm also thinking of taking him to Doggie Daycare once a week. He'd be able to play and get lots of exercise all day long. He really needs that at this age. In his foster home he had 4 other dogs to play with. I think he's a little lonely. Wish you could see him right now....laid out on my couch with his head on the pillow. It's good to be King!!

Had a bad/stressful day yesterday and fell off the wagon carb-wise. Interesting how I now observe these connections (stress/eating habits)... Not too bad though: Peanut Butter crackers, a cookie and a Butterfinger snack bar. I am still amazed overall how low-carbing is making such a significant difference in my hunger levels and reduced need to snack. It's all good. I'm down 2.5# for the week which is really good (for me). I am pleased.

Judy - Where is your cruise going? I think I missed that part.

Jenn - Glad to see you posting even with all this stress you are going thru. You needed this project to get your mind re-focused, eh? Good job! So you can drywall?? I'm impressed.

Jane - I'm sorry about your allergies. What meds do you take? They don't work real good for you? :tt1: My whole family (kids, exH and DH) have terrible allergies and I have none. I am soooo lucky 'cause down here in Houston we have very high counts all the time.

Laura - I'm so proud of you! Remember that book I sent you....it's got lots of pearls in it! You're doing great! Russell is still smoke free? :-) Ya'll are gonna save lots of money! That totally made me LOL about his comment -- that the epidural is the 'worst part' of childbirth!! OMG....are you kidding? That's the BEST part! Not to scare you, but you will not believe how much contractions hurt....it's a powerful experience, to say the least. I can't imagine how women go thru the whole process without drugs...that blows me away. Hey, how's the back?? All better? What are you doing different now (exercises?)?

TracyK & Haydee - The temps are so nice today!!! :-) I'll have to find a nice patio for lunch or dinner today. Enjoy your day!

Pamela - I am so very sorry about your student. How old are they again? Burns. I can't imagine anything worse.... just horrible. Horrible. :)

Well, I gotta hit the showers....I'll see ya'll in a bit.

Good Morning, vi's~~

WTG on the smoking -- or rather, NOT -- Laura!! I know you can do it!!! Imagine lil' Vi in there saying "Yay Mommy! You can do it!"

Lots of work for me this week... + all the other regular stuff... keeps me busy! Make it a good one, Vi's!

I have PCOS and is why I was infertile for so long. The main symptom I had was irregular periods and infertility. I was diganosed by the director of reproductive medicine at a Research hospital back when I was 22-23 (going through infertility testing) it was somewhat NEW at that time, at that time he told me it was just my body type and that there was nothing to be done about it. NOW they have meds for it. This is why lots of formerly infertile gals get preggo when doing a Low Carb diet. and why I attribute Robby to being an Atkins baby. After that dr. diagnosed me I was the one to educate my other doctors about it.... when I was heavy into Atkins, I answered a bunch of research questions after reading an open call in the old Atkins Advantage magazine........... ended up talking to 60 minutes producers about it and almost made the cut for the show......... anyway. I am very proud to have been part of the CURE for PCOS. My neice has it, and because I kept hounding my sister about it they had her checked. It is becoming more common but for a long time it was an undiagnosed disease, and yes, Tracy I'm 100% postive that you have it too.

I have my lovely annual pap today!! JOY OF JOYS!!!!

Sadly, No, Janie, I'm still sick! :tt1: My voice is back but now it's in my chest & sinuses/nose, so I cough & blow like crazy! I need some Puff's Plus for my nose... it's all red now! But, I just power through it... Sunday was the only day I could take "off" from life... so I sit here & sniffle & snort my way through work, etc! Lovely image, huh??

If I can help you w/the knitting in any way (altho it's a bit hard to teach it long-distance), just let me know! I do love to knit!