Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good afternoon, Violets.

Just back from the hospital shift and working an hour at the church. I got all the Christmas music sorted, run off, enlarged for a couple of ladies who don't see very well and organized. That's a load off my mind. I have the Christmas Pageant all typed out and ready so we don't have to buy a whole new book. We'll just use my narration and the songs I picked to go with it. I know it's only October, but only about 10 more rehearsals before the pageant and we are singing 8 songs! We'll work on the first on this Wednesday and then add one each week.

The Bobster is about 400 miles away from here right now and keeps calling me cause he is lonely. awwwww.. we really need this cruise to relax and spend some time together. This new job he has is taking a LOT of time away from home. It's supposed to be a one day a week job, but Bob says in order to do the job right, you need to spend a heck of a lot more than one day. He's so dedicated and such a perfectionist. He's going to stay overnight tonight and come back tomorrow.. at least that's what I'm going to encourage. 8 hours of driving at night is dangerous where he is with all the deer and other animals. He saw a cougar cross the road ahead of him this morning.

I didn't eat any Breakfast this morning.. I know.. my bad. I'm finishing off the veggies from last night's dinner. They are soooooooooo good... summer squash, garlic, onions, italian dressing, parsley, cayenne pepper and a dash of brown sugar splenda. My all time favorite veggie dish.

Going to print out the Christmas pageant stuff. BBL....

Laura~ one trick I used even w/ the patch was after I eat, I would pop a mint gum in my mouth. I needed to take the taste of food out of my mouth, but only needed it for 2 min. or so. I didn't alway chew the gum or mint...just enough to change the taste in my mouth. That really helped, and also helped w/ the idea that I should keep eating too, lol!

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND:

Pie Hole Report:

B: 1 c. Kashi Go Lean cereal

1/2 c. non fat milk (300 total cal)

L: Lean Cuisine (320 cal)

S: 1 yougart

1 string cheese (total 200 cal)

D: 1 pork chop and green salad w/

homemade dress (oil/vinegar) (cal unknown)

Lunch, dinner and snack have not happened yet, but i bring my lunch and know what it will be. Really trying here (something I don't do often). Anyone know how many cal in a pork chop?

Twin updated:

Bryan the brother of my student was sitting on a motorcycle w/ the gas cap off. Another child was flicking a lighter and...well...the flames shot into the gas tank and up the boys shirt. Bryan ran (adding oxygen) because he thought the motorcycle would explode, while he was on fire, then he fell and rolled. My student, Juan, told the class today. He and I both cried a bit...very sad. I am heart broken for this family, and their mom! Bryan is supposed to come home some time this week, so although it was 50% of his body, I think some of it was lesser degrees. Just heart sick!

Hi ladies...well I mentioned TOM here and aunt flow showed up! I am actually glad because it eplained the scale this morning, even though I knew it was Water retention, I still like being validated :redface:

It is going to be horrile I can already tell. DH wanted mexican food for lunch so this one time I cheated. I had one beef enchilada and some rice & chips. Not too bad until we got to the register and I HAD to buy a pecan praline....the rest is history. BUT, if we can not be 'normal' once in a while, then whats the fun?!, right? I owed it to me :w00t: (like how I am trying to convince myself its ok?)

I am going to go take some midol & a have a nap....

This should get your scale going as well as the POP diet did Tracy!!! You will be miserable for a few days, but after that I bet you feel a lot better, and your motivation should hold steady for awhile!

Do you have PCOS? I did proir to my hysterectomy-they said it would make losing weight much harder. Something I really didn't need to hear back then, my emotional state made that translate to ...it is impossible to lose weight!

Just realized this morning that my scans are set for Tuesday....so we may postpone the balloon fiesta til Thursday, I need to call and see if we can get a motel that night instead. Dangit.....I do not want to postpone my tests, I am a bit stressed over them....might be what is causing the itching.

How wierd that we could have been there at the same time and not know it Laura! Too bad you are not still that close, we could actually see one another occasionally--like Tracy, Suzanne and Jane, or like Haydee, Tracy and Terry.....some of us are in the boonies all by ourselves!!!

Pamela, several years ago, a friends son was with one of his friends, and the friends Mom was an idiot of massive proportions, and she sent the boys to this well site to steal drip fuel for the lawn mower. When they got there, they flipped the valve and nothing come out, so they climbed on top of it, and pulled off the lid, they thought it was empty, which it technically was. Shiloh, my friends son, without thinking flicked a lighter to see better, and while the tank was empty, the fumes were plentiful, and it exploded. They found his body over 40 feet away under the top to the tank. The other boy was massively burned. To this day MaryAnn (his Mom) thinks the other boy had the lighter, but no one knows. Kids just don't think about the fire/gas combo.

I ask a guy at a station once to put his cigarette out, he told me to mind my own business! I left and went elsewhere to fuel! I think he scared me more than his cigarette in the end!!

Well got most of my housework done, need to finish with the kitchen....so better get to it!

Kat

I stopped and got gas this morning. $2.88 a gallon. Man-o-man. I hope it stays down. Loved it.

Water retention big time this morning. I mean big time. I've been munching on some pretzels for the last few days and all that salt is showing up now. Crap.

Kind of cool here today. A little rainy but mostly windy and overcast. Almost a Winnie the Pooh day. Blustery. I put up my Halloween stuff yesterday and when I got home today Hubby was out in front putting up the outdoor stuff. Now if I can just keep my mind off the halloween candy that I stashed in the spare room I'll be fine.

Pam, that is so sad and scary about the boys. I'm hoping that God will help them get through this with as little pain as possible.

Everyone have a great day.

They said barrels are down low enough for gas to be in the $2's.. our gas is still $3.60ish.

And we still have a lot of gas stations out of gas since Ike.

Went to lunch an hour ago, got a lettuce wrap with ham in it.. and some new potatoes.

AND I MADE IT PAST THE LUNCHTIME SMOKE CRAVINGS!!! Killed a straw in the process, but I got over the hump.

You know, I didn't realize so many of you V's use to smoke! I can't believe it never came up. I knew Kat & Pam & Tracy K did.. had no idea about the rest.

Laura.. I met the Bobster in 1965 and started smoking cause he did. Good reason, eh? I smoked until the day I found out I was pregnant and that would have been March 1975. I stopped cold turkey and never touched it again until 1985 when Bob's dad had a heart attack and became bed ridden. I smoked for awhile and then gave it up for good and have not had a cigarette since then. I still crave them once in a while, but unlike with food, I never cave in. Wish I had the will power for sugar like I do for nicotine.

I just finished a Soup at Hand, creamy Tomato parmesan bisque and it was yummy. Will have some more soup after bell choir and before singing rehearsal.

Off to do some cleaning.

Laura-you are doing a fantastic job of quitting the smokes! (((hugs))) YOU CAN DO IT LITTLE MAMA!

Tracy, do not hold faith in my spelling here!!!

PCOS--Polycystic Ovarian Sydrome---and some Dr.'s use a D on the end and consider it a disease.

With it you have lots of cysts on the ovaries, have difficulty becoming pregnant, or maintaining a pregnancy, very irregular periods, almost becoming non existant at times.

Lets see he had other things, excess facial or neck hair, even some get it on the belly or back, thinning head hair, skin tags,

obesity, as well as all kinds of health issues too. Like high blood pressure, as lots of pre diabetes, or type 2 diabetes, even sleep apnea, high cholesterol.

We all had some of these just with our weight, but they usually determine the size of the ovaries, and go from there.

It is pretty prevalent on the boards I have noticed.....so just wondered about you.

I probably missed lots of the signs and symptoms, it has been awhile!!

Kat

wow....I have some of those symptoms but have never been diagnosed with it so I guess I don't. Who knows! lol

I just finished a Soup at Hand, creamy Tomato parmesan bisque and it was yummy. Will have some more soup after bell choir and before singing rehearsal.

I would be starving!:wub: