Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

oh Laura

it is much worse now, I'm going to take more pics tomorrow, a lot of the wires are gone, no ceiling and no walls, it is empty, but compared to the 5 other rooms i've done, this one is the best.

I didn't do a before of the b ath with the dryer in it and the bedroom that is now my laundy room, I should take some inbetween, I'm going to finish them last, i'm just so happy to have the washer and dryer right next to each other.

I am going to get sheet rock Wed night, enough to do the ceiling, I'm to the point where I'm ready to put it all back together again.

Yeah, it was a funny story until one night when we were drinking right before my lapand surgery... and she spilled it all to my mother!

We are going to our 20 year class reunion in November... I miss her... (one of my married friends who doesn't do much anymore)

anyway, turned my heat on - it was only 58 i n here, turned it on to 60, way too cold for this time of year

talk to you all tomorrow

oh yeah

I guess a friend who has been trying to hook up with me for years called me last weekend.... don't remember what i said but he has black mail on me and we are going to discuss next weekend.... OMG... I don't remember talking o him but i'm sure it had something to do with I'm going to do the 24 year old! After I talked to him I do remember... he called right after Kev's text, which was put me over the edge of self distruction... oh... i miss you wish you were here.... yep... and i'm going to do everyone!

what a mess i am

Hi girls--I did not get mugged on my way to the coin shop!!! I have a friend who works for this coin shop, and that is where we buy the gold as well, he called to tell me what was going on--and suggested it might be time to turn a nice profit! Was very uneventful!!! However my bank balance looks better than it did this morning. No word from the bank yet. End of the week I will call and bug about it.

This Granny has been present at the birth of both granddaughters, and would have been with my grandson, but when she reached 10 cm., and began to push his heart rate plummeted so they did an emergency C section. He had an extremely long umbilical cord, it went up from his belly, under his arm, across his back, under the other arm, down and wrapped around his ankle!! So everytime he compressed his arms down trying to get into the birth position he cut off his oxygen. So they C sectioned him, without a problem.

With my oldest granddaughter Allyson My son and DIL said both sets of parents were fine being there--but Rick was in Illinois with work, and missed it! I tried to be respectful of her and stayed towards the head of the bed, then the stirrup broke---and she ask me for help holding her leg up--so the crook of my elbow become the new stirrup! We did not know what the baby was....The babies head was delivered and the cord was around its neck, so they stopped her pushing while they unwrapped it, and little Allyson was wide eyed looking around before she was ever fully born. Her Mom was on the other side, her Dad was somewhere I have no idea where, and my son was nose to nose with her whispering encouragement, the Dr. said to her Mom and I---you can touch the baby. So Linsey (mom) reached down and stroked her head, and us Grandma's touched her little cheeks, and a contraction hit, she pushed and we knew it was our granddaughter we were touching!

With Kinsey, it was about like Tracy---everyone was there, Manda wanted everyone there! She too thought it would never happen, she had been told it wouldn't! So her DH of course, and his Mom who is an OR nurse, and made sure she had her epidural ASAP! Manda's sister who had just had a baby 6 weeks before with only Manda with her it happened so fast, my Mom was there, my Dad opted to wait in the waiting room! And Rick and I. Rick's kids were C section babies back when no one was allowed in here at our hospital, so he had never been at a birth, and she wanted him there, he has been her rock in many, many ways.

Add to all of us, the Dr of course, a couple of ob nurses, a pediatrician, and 2 NICU nurses!! The birthing rooms are big, and it was full. Rick was supposed to turn the camera on as soon as the birth was done, they did not allow it to be filmed (although my SIL did so without them knowing) but he was in such awe, it was not until she cried he remembered!!! She was so incredibly tiny! They whisked her off after letting Manda hold her for about 10 seconds When they got good Apgar scores on her, they said Dad and Grandma could come into the nursery with her, so Jason and I spent hours with her. Manda having the epidural kept her in bed, with numb legs. I would take pictures and send the camera via Rick to Manda! Jason and I gave her her first bath....and finally after 3 hours of maintaining her body temp, and her oxygen levels without assistance, they let him take her to her Mama. When they did that all of us left, but them. Jason kept telling me when we were in with Kinsey "I am so glad you were here with me!"

Special days I will never forget.

My DIL went into a panic attack that she could not breath because of the numbness in her chest from the C section meds, and they ended up having to knock her out. So our son come walking out of the OR holding Connor----he was so tiny and had the biggest cone head I had ever seen!!! I helped with his first bath and diaper too! Lenny and I did it. When she finally got out of recovery, she was in a semi private room, and the roomate requested no visitors so no one else got to see him in any way but through the glass. Sucky hospital she had!!

Whatever you are comfortable with, is all that matters. And if you do not want to be the bad guy---all it takes is a conversation with the nurse and she will clear the room and be the bad guy for you!!

When I went with Manda to her first US the tech told her she would lay odds on a girl, any heart rate over 140 is usually a girl, although there are exceptions she said.....so maybe it will hold for you too!!!

Well gonna go snuggle on the couch with my honey!!! See ya later!

Kat

I sold my gold back in March when it was $1000 an ounce. Was a great time to do it, plus silver was real high. When I traded in gold and silver coins they were buying at 13x's the face value, Charlie called today because he wanted to turn in his silver half dollars, they were only giving 3x's. He said last time we were getting ripped off. I felt like saying see what happens when you wait!!

If you do turn in old gold, go to a coin shop and they will buy it. Take out any stones, because they throw them away. I made a nice profit, I spent some in Texas, and had some left over.

I learned to knit today. Although I started off with 20 stitches in a row, now I have 29? I don't know how I made extra stitches. I am trying to keep my hands busy. Sometimes at work I only have a few minutes, not enough time to do counted cross stitch, by the time I finally find out what I need to do, my next customer is there.

I am rambling, don't know why.

Hope everyone has wonderful dreams!!

Jane

Good morning violets-

Oh I hate weight fluctuation. At least it is only bouncing within a pound and that is easily Water retention. Especially since I have not had a period since July or August?! Whats up with that? Stress related I am sure. Oh well, I am sure once I do start it will be one of those extended visits. yuck!

Have a great day everyone...gotta get dd ready for school!

GOOD MORNING!

Jen: Your kitchen is going to look GREAT!!!! it looks so big and roomy.

Jane: thanks on on the selling gold tips, and WTG on the knitting!

Tracy: weight fluctuation do stink!!!! I'm retaining due to pms I'm sure.

OK.. I've really got to get cracken today...... the girls at work are providing lunch for my belated birthday...... I think Nachos are on the menu.

Have a great day!

Morning Violets~

Jenn~ The kitchen is HUGE! My kitchen is sooo small, only fits 1 person at a time. It is gonna look great!

Another day 1/2 a dollar!

Have a great day!

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm off to my hospital shift today and then will be packing and repacking for the cruise. I have bell choir and singing rehearsal tonight. The bobster is out of town so I'm thinking of doing liquids today since I don't have to cook. My friend Kathy should be in surgery any time now. I'm so excited for her!!

Everyone have a great day! Will check back later this afternoon.

Feeling much much better today girls. Yesterday I was on Water and crackers for most of the day. My appetite came back around nine pm and I had some Cereal. Ugh, never want to go through that again...

Laura - just saw your belly pic. You are so white!!! You're glowing, LOL! Are you sure you're pregnant? All I see is a little bitty flab... Like tracy said, you're a skinny-minny...

Judy - oooohhh, so lucky to be leaving on another cruise!! I'm so jealous! Can't wait until we go on one. I've been trying to talk my parents into doing one for our family vacation but have had no luck yet...

ohh, i've got lots to say but just got called for a meeting. brb

Hey,

The twin is back...I'll fill you in later. So sad! I was already crying this am.

Hey girls,

Here in NM it is 9 AM, and I have already changed clothes!!! I slipped with a mixer in the kitchen, and covered myself in chicken soup!!! LOL Call me Clumsy! Lucky for me it was one of those hand blenders, so it just covered me, not the entire kitchen!!!

Speaking of kitchens, everyone else said it already, but wow what a nice big kitchen you have Jenn. Mine is not one person small as Pamela said, but 2-3 is pushing it!!! Mine is exactly square.....and I think it is like 16' across each way, which sounds roomy enough til you add counters and appliances---then it shrinks it considerably!

My Aunt & Uncle built a home not too long ago, and put in the tiniest little galley kitchen imaginable! My Uncle is retired military, and he does all the cooking, and he said he likes being able to just spin about and do things, not be walking to and from the fridge to the sink etc. Not me, I would love more room----of course in my case it would just be more counter space to fill up and have to clean!!

Your kitchen will be great when it gets done, it was not horrible to start, believe me I have had much worse!!!!!

My itching is back.....no idea why. Not stressed especially. No adhesives in the places I itch! I do not want to drug up....or down actually they just make me want to sleep!

Oh poor Haydee, hangovers are the worst! I had one serious one that made me ever cautious!!! Hope you feel better today!!!

Jane, I can crochet, but not knit----maybe if Michelle feels up to it she can answer your knitting questions! She did those really cool market bags. I am crocheting the baby a blanket, only because I did all the other kids one---but I have arthritis in my hands I think, I do ok if they are not held in one position for a long time, but with crocheting the one hand simply holds tension on the yarn/thread, so it is being held taut and not moving, after I get going, I don't think about it until I quit, and then moving my hand is KILLER!

Yeah Laura, I am excited to go to the balloon fiesta again. They continue to make improvements to the balloon park---they have restrooms now, located around the park, so not all the porta potty things, and they have some permanent shelters for vendors.....and 2 years ago when we actually went to the park, they had seriously improved the parking, and the way in and out was not so congested. We seldom drive in, we usually get a motel in Rio Rancho, and take the shuttle from Cottonwood Mall---they drop us off inside the rally park, and no parking or driving!!

Tuesday is a mass assension morning, and the weather looks good so far, and then they have a glo-deo that night....so we may stay for it, then drive home late that night.

There are only 660 some balloons this year, the number is down I am sure do to the cost of fuel to get there. But the number of shaped balloons is up.

Was thinking about trying to play in the game tonight, but changed my mind when I got up sore! Not sure why I am sore....

Took Kinsey to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. She liked it, it was a good movie for her----rather silly otherwise, but for a kid it was ok. There is a little male chi., named Papi, who is in love with Chloe, the lead girl chi., and he goes to Mexico to try to find her, and he gets in a few jams---Kinsey tells me, "If she don't love him now I am not gonna like her" so I ask her what about the German Shepherd who is saving her all the time, she says "Granny she can't marry him, he is not a chihuahua!!!" LOL

Well I am going to go make some noise so the gal will wake up---if she sleeps too long, she is all off schedule!!! I am taking her to the game tonight, Manda is waiting here, she is watching the debate.

See ya in awhile!

Kat

We went 2 years ago, so Kat we may have bumped into each other then and never known it!!

I am not totally pasty white Haydee, I am under florescent lighting :redface:

I can't wait to get a TT and get rid of that flab. That being said, I watched Doctor 90210 for first time ever (it was on and caught my attention) and they showed them doing a TT on a woman.. I got nauseated. It looks so damn painful, I just can't imagine surviving that. That would be one surgery I would go into freaking out, and they'd have to sedate me ahead of time heh. I want the result, but the healing and drains and stitches across the body.. ick ick ick. Ripping skin off, pulling it tight..

Anywho.

I craved my morning cigarette for about 45 minutes, and it finally passed.. chewed the hell out of a coffee straw. I had been breaking my routine smoking habits the past few weeks so this would be easier (if possible). I stopped smoking after eating, stopped smoking when I first wake up and when I am about to sleep. I made unusual smoking times so that there is no pattern. I stopped the smoking when I first wake up, but I still would have one within an hour of being awake. Not today, yay me. Gonna keep guzzling Water and chewing on straw.

Laura way to go on the not smoking!! I hope you find it pretty easy!! When I quit smoking it was easy, don't know why, nothing special. I tried countless other times and I would go back. Must have been the right time and all that stuff!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!! Too cute tummy!!!!

My allergies are at a all time driving me crazy nose dripping need two corks point!!!