Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Pam!!!! That is horrible about the Twins! Also Poor Suzanne! and CONGRATS on getting everything turned in!

I am proud to say that I am back on track today.

I'm on my 2nd glass of Water.< /p>

coffee w/creamer

Carbmaster Yogurt

2 pc's sharp cheddar cheese

L:

the last of the pork steak

pc sharp cheddar cheese

D:

will be baked chicken breasts

I will most likely make a cream cheese/splenda concoction for my desert.. and NOT the ice cream I had over the weekend.

WellI am off to do something really wierd. The price of gold is skyrocketing today! So I am going to retrieve some we have bought and meet Rick and sell it! Get us past this ordeal we find ourselves in.

Every year with our income tax refund we buy a CD and also a few ounces of gold....something my Uncle got him hooked on doing. We have always bought according to the cost--some years more, others less. Yesterday the avg. sales price was $44.00 and ounce, today it is $877.00 an ounce!!! Locally we are selling a few ounces for $862.00 with them absorbing the fees. I feel wierd going into the safety deposit box and taking it out!! Wish me luck!!!

Oh and I got our motel room, to go to Albq. for the balloon fiesta! Was afraid I would not get it---but I did!!

After the exchange thing, I am taking Kinsey to the talking dog/ chihuahua movie. She has a chi. so she is excited to see it.

Will bbl----

Kat

When I did Atkins, I mixed splenda in cream cheese.. makes like a cheesecakeish.. kind of.. sweet mix. (EDIT: I like to add red grapes and/or walnut pieces to it.. NUM NUM)

I need info from you g'mas!!

I'm not sure protocol and my mom isn't either.

Well first, just got back from obgyn, baby is happy & healthy :)) 160 beats per minute, all my blood work looks good, I don't have any STDS (not surprised, but heh), and found out my blood type! She said I did have more Protein in my urine than I should, but told me she's not worried about it. Just because I took that horrible anatomy class, I know that means the kidneys aren't working properly.. but if she's not worried about it, I guess I won't be either. She also said I gained 2lb more than she wants me to have.. oops.. so at lunch I had salmon & broccoli.. hehehe.

Anyway, Russ and I went to lunch, talked about the birthing part.. my mom wants to be in the room, which I am fine with. He said his mom will probably come down for the birth, and I said absolutely I expected her to.. then he says, well she may be busy with show season blah blah..and I said ok, then she is invited, but I did expect her to come (he was asking me like, can we invite his mom down heh). Then he got into, if my mom can come in during the delivery, his mom should be able to too. This is a weird concept to me, I don't think she would WANT to, much less be there.. We are trying to think of people we know who gave birth recently and what protocol is.. my mom wasn't in the room with my niece when she was born, but she said it's because they weren't married and they were in the process of breaking up during labor so it was just akward.. otherwise, she doesn't know if she'd have been in there. My cousin when he was born, ALL the family (in laws, sisters, cousins, etc) of them were in there. Just seems odd to me. I only said my mom could, because she asked to be there and she's my mom. But his mom, I can't imagine her wanting to be in there... were any of you in the room when your daughter was having a kid? What about daughter in law??

Ohhh Kat I miss the balloon festival, when we lived there it covered the entire sky for a week.. driving around town, going to work, etc.. was really cool!

Edited by FairyFacade

C-Section they will only let ONE support person in...

Vaginal you should be fine.. it's up to you so long as they don't get in the way.

I ran a video camera for my sister while her husband held her hand. More than two I don't know........ and I think she would be fine being the WAITING ROOM PERSON!!! you know make her in charge of answering the phone and dealing with others who will show up.

where do you sell GOLD?????????

Would it be a good time to unload old jewelry???????? Where would I do that????????

They said Csection will be dangerous due to my out of place kidney, so they said they don't want that to be an option, and then told me don't gain a lot of weight.. if I get fat, baby gets fat and harder to do vaginal.. so I'm talking hypothetically about vaginal.

I do NOT want it recorded.. His mom is a quiet shy type, I don't think she'd want responsibility. Again, I don't think she'd WANT to be in the room, but now I wonder if I'm obligated to extend the invitation..and what if I do and she feels obligated to go because I asked.. mom said I need to uninvite her in the room, so there's no rift if there's going to be a problem.

I sell gold on Ebay actually.. if it's gold coins.. whenever I've sold gold coins, I do better on Ebay because if you go through gold dealers, they tack on a fee (8-10% I think) and Ebay only has the $4 listing fee and people buy gold on there a lot.

As for jewelry, there should be somewhere in town for you that melds gold and buys it that way.

Laura: first.. YOU ARE THE MOM!!!!!!! You are not obligated to do NUTHIN but bring that baby into the world!!!!!!!

It is TOTALLY the mom's call. that it final word YOU are the boss.

You should be able to even google for companies that buy scrap gold and they should quote you their price/fees up front. In other words, they should say something like "We'll give you 75% of the market price on the day your gold arrives." There's even a company advertising on TV to buy scrap gold www.brokengold.com. Pawn shops do also.

Pamela - so very sorry about your student :)

TracyK - Yes, my doggie is housebroken -- he's quite smart!

Laura - This is YOUR birth as far as that "protocol" goes....nobody and I mean NOBODY....should tell you who you should or should not have in there! This is YOUR body being exposed for all to see....so you should definitely be the only one to say who sees what!!! It also can be kind of a scary thing for a first-timer and I would not imagine you want anyone in there who is not a source of comfort and encouragement for you! That being said.........Can I come??? ;-)

Laura.. My experience...#1 daughter in law.... I was at the hospital for the last delivery, but did not go in the room during birth. #2 daughter in law.. same deal #3 daughter.. I'll know in February!! I don't really need to be in the room during birth so long as I get to see the baby as soon after as possible. It was a bonding time for the Bobster and me when our babies were born. Our moms got to see our babies right after they were born, but weren't in the delivery room. I don't think I'd be comfortable at all with a mil in the room, but that's just me.

My entire immediate family was in the room. I was so happy I wanted everyone to share it with me....BUT I knew that none of my inlaws cared enough to be there so that part was not even an issue. Had they been there I would have made different choices to not hurt their feelings, cause I would not have let them in....(Made my brother and stepdad stay at the head of the bed with me :)

When I did Atkins, I mixed splenda in cream cheese.. makes like a cheesecakeish.. kind of.. sweet mix. (EDIT: I like to add red grapes and/or walnut pieces to it.. NUM NUM)

omg....that sounds just TOO yummy! :)

Well that's what my mom said, she doesn't think everyone should be in there because it's important for the bonding.. she said with my uncle when EVERYONE was in there, he's a shy guy so he was off to the side while everyone else was holding the baby, etc. She said if I did allow her in the room, she did not want to be participating, she wanted to be in the corner just to see it.

I still don't see his mom actually wanting to be in there, but Russell doesn't think it's fair that my mom can be and his can't. Blah.

Oh and the cream cheese splenda thing, I always found the brown sugar splenda to be best in it.. tastes like icing.. :)

I am not a gma...or don't think I am, but when my nephew was being born, I was in the room...and only me and her aunt were at the feet! My brother was videoing it from her head perspective, and her bro was in there too...at the head. She forbade my bro (and hers of course) from going anywhere near the feet. Hubbies don't really need to see what goes on...it takes away from the mystery of the magical VJJ (hahaha) I heard it put that way before. Anyway, it is personal and should be only who you want. There is A LOT of stuff to see, even after the baby comes, and they do not cover up your naughty bits! I am sooo excited for you!

I like cream cheese, baking coco, splenda, a dash of vanilla, all mixed up and eaten with a spoon...... (I've frozen it too)

Also, SF Jello and cream cheese mixed up.. for a fruity twist.

SF pudding works too, but it usually has a few to many carbs for my formerly INDUCTION level of atkins.......

Oh and I would make SF pudding with cream and Water (1/2 1/2) it cut down the carbs immensly.. but if it were available I'd use the calorie countdown milk.

Oh and real pumpkin, cream cheese, splenda, spices....... yum yum