Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry-so if you stay in focused mode, how many pieces of jewelry can you make in a day?
Oh, it totally depends on what I'm making! Some pieces take hours and hours to make....some take 20 minutes! And if you factor in the time I spend "figuring out what I want to do" (i.e., the creative process) some can take FOREVER!

The VP @ the ES just called me & is all excited about getting the ball rolling for her getting the band! (Remember I told you she'd asked me about it Thurs night @ the PTA meeting?) She said she spoke w/her husband & parents (her mom is an RN) & they're all supportive of it. So I told her what I'd do first (check out insurance requirements, etc.) & also that'd I go with her to the doc's intro meeting if she'd like. It's so great to be able to help someone else improve their health!!

I feel like the lap band guru here in Alpena too!! After starting the support group, it seems like there are tons of people interested in the band. Two of my friends are now scheduled. One has surgery tomorrow and one has it in January. I'm so excited for my friend's surgery tomorrow. She will have such a better quality of life after she loses weight. In support of her, I'm going to do liquids Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before the cruise and then back to solids on Saturday. Just might give me a kick start before the cruise. True, my doctor is opposed to strictly liquids, but it's just for a couple of days and I won't tell him if you don't!!

Ethan is on the couch with some chocolate milk and is watching cartoons. I can get some laundry done now.

Catch you all later!

Good morning~

Michelle is still helping people even tho she has no voice....raise your hand if you are surprised........nope not a single hand!! Such a good friend you are!

Judy, Kinsey is here too, but she is still sleeping. I decided after looking at TracyKS and Suzannes pics, I do not want Tracy bringing that handsome boy around her, she would fall for him I am sure.....same goes for Ethan....she does not need a boyfriend! There is a little boy Nathaniel in her Sunday School class who is 4 1/2 and he is head over heals over Kinsey. He sits with his chin in his hand on the table and just stares at her, and if she glances his way he grins ear to ear! He told me, she is nice to me, and she is soft, when we pray I like to hold her hand its soft. His grandma is their teacher, and she says he talks about her a lot at home too. While it is cute, the over protective Granny in me is going "BACK OFF BOY!!!" LOL

Terry, Hero is so pretty!! Well, handsome! He looks like he still has the super soft puppy like fur, makes me want to wrap my arms around him and hug him!!! Are you his first family?

Yep I think a purple collar.....make him look like royalty!!!

I am so glad you found a furbaby to love!!

Pamela----is Susanne putting something cold on her eye? Like the sinus masks you put in the fridge? Or something with the microbeads that you freeze but that does not REALLY freeze? I have had WAY more than my share of black eyes. And yes some of them were courtesy of my ex. but I have also done the softball to the eye, Manda pulled a lamp off the headboard of the bed and literally broke my eye socket with it! I have had a horse rear its head into me and break my nose....which turned both eyes black....Years ago, I got an elbow in the eye during a volleyball game. Many, many black eyes in my life!!! I was always told, no ice directly to the eye....but the longer you keep it cool, the less swelling it will have, unfortunately that does not affect how it will color up.

Rick said he has never had so many dirty looks as when I walk around with a black eye!! And Rick has never been responsible for a single one!!

Well I need to pay some bills--------will be back in awhile to see how everyone is doing and to catch up with the rest of you!!!

Kat

Beautiful dog Terry!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it going Haydee, better weekend? I know it was busy for you.

Off to hit the shower!!

Jane

Aww congrats Terry, it's always so fun to bring home a new pet!!

Don't have much else to say...my arms ache, keeps feeling like I dislocate them. I'm in sad shape, hah.

morning girls... Yes busy weekend for me Jane. We had a wedding Saturday and it was a gorgeous day for it. Don't know why October is not s busy month for weddings. We've got our best weather in october...

Juan's grandma's party was a huge success. We had so much fun. I actually had a little too much fun. Juan's brother was our "bartender" and he kept me supplied with drinks all night. By midnight I was falling down drunk and Juan had to carry me to the car. I kept him up till 3, him sitting next to me, me with a big bowl between my legs. I felt like I wanted to die. Never felt more horrible in all my life. I finally took a hot shower around 2:30 and I was able to lay down without feeling like I was underwater. Ohhh, I feel like crap today. And I couldn't skip work because I had meetings this morning. My head is pounding and I feel queasy... I'll catch up with ya'll later today...

Edited by Haydee

Terri~ I lovelovelove the baby! Hero is a great name too.

One of my students was badly burned trying to "put out" his twin this weekend. the twin is 50% burned...bad. My student his only burned on his hands. Please keep them in your thoughts today...makes me sick to my stomach!

Pam!!! What happened???? What caused the fire???

TracyK.. isn't that the best Breakfast? ? Lots of protein.. my favorite.

Ethan and I just finished half a Honey Crisp apple. It's like eating candy, it's so sweet. I'm teaching him sign language and he keeps signing EAT and APPLE. Too cute!

Haydee.. we went to an inside wedding Saturday with the windows facing the Water. It was really pretty and nice and warm inside. We would have frozen outside! And I didn't have anything to drink.. surprise, surprise!:):tt2:

From what I gathered...they were playing w/ gas...omg...I can not believe what that child is going through. I know my student got burned on his hands, I talked to him this am. They were going to the hospital now. I am just sick.

Pam!!! What happened???? What caused the fire???

TracyK.. isn't that the best breakfast?? Lots of protein.. my favorite.

Yep, every time I read abot your breakfast I would thing, OMG that sounds good. So, over the weekend while I was in the grocery store I had "Judys breakfast" on the brain and got me the stuff to make it. YUMMY! Heck, full of potein, hardly any carbs and low calories? I am on board!:)

That is soooo horrible Pamela----prayers will be said for the family, I cannot imagine the pain, physical nor emotional.

Please let us know as you hear how things are going.

Hugs to you for being such a caring part of their support.

Kat