Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

having a shitty shitty day today. from the looks of things i'm not the only one... sigh.... just want to go crawl under the covers...

Tracyks - ditto what michelle said. couldn't of said it better myself...

Pammy - (((hugs))) to you too... don't beat yourself up. you get more accomplished in one week than most people do in one month...

((((((hugs)))))) for anyone else that needs them today...

wish the day was over already...

Michelle thanks so much for the call! Everyone was arriving home like gangbusters right when my phone rang... now the house is quiet once again, as Charles and Robby are off to pick up the other two, and Cody is attached to his DS and the cartoon channel, filling his tummy.

I am eating pork steak.. you guys would not believe what I did... no I didn't go to DQ or Sonic but I went to the store and the amount of crap I bought was unreal! Putting it away I was like WTH?????

HERE GOES: Count Chocula Cereal, FUDGE pop tarts, chocolate Chip Waffles, a big ol tub of Chocolate/Marshmellow ice cream...... peanuts and candy corn to mix, not to mention a triple chocolate cake mix and butter cream icing (my birthday cake to me) even chocolate caramel Creamer (NOT SF)........

GOOD GOD THIS IS SELF SABOTAGE! at least I'm AWARE before I actually dug in to any of it! Actually I did take a handful of the nut mixture but it didn't taste good enough.. you know the kind of craving that usually starts a binge to find something to satisfy... (or am I the only one who starts this way? LOL)

So anway.. Suzie and Michelle reading your touching posts........ really means the world to me. and Michelle and Tracy your encouraging words over the phone well... its getting me choked up.. enough that my band is swelling! WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR!!!! Your giving me restriction so that I have restraint! LOL

OK.. enough about me... blech.... gotta go before I get so tight that I start pb'ng this perfectly tender pork steak!

Edited by TracyinKS

Tracy, Hon I SOOOOOO understand where you are. But as you said, it is not over, it WILL happen, but at a pace you are comfortable with and not being pushed to do it by a certain time and date or the price changes....that seemed kinda hinkey to me to be honest.

The price is similar to what I was quoted if insurance was not accepting. He told me in the neighborhood of $8K. But for them to be pushing so hard, and calling people as opposed to offering the financing when people showed up there------sounds an awful lot like the bait and switch Laura mentioned. They give you an awesome deal then when you show up....they either switch the whole deal or begin adding things on, hoping for people to be so dead set on it, that they do not have the intelligence you did to put a stop to it then and there.

I congratulate you for being smart enough to say no! If insurance had turned me away, I sure as heck would have had to say no--I have been working for the last 4 years to become debt free, I would NOT add another payment!!

Keep looking, watch for a great credit card deal, or maybe when the election is over, rates will drop enough you can refi or something will give. In the meantime, if this did nothing else----it put you and Charles on the same side, and that is a BIG deal!

Big Hugs to you, and no matter what you are feeling today----we know you are beautiful, and you DO fit (in a WAAAAY smaller size than 2 years ago!!!) and you are BEYOND good enough. Love Ya!!!!

My Dr. did squat for me too! He said it looks as though the rash is easing, because it is beginning to scab over where I scratched it raw. So for 2 weeks I am supposed to do the Zyrtec daily (and zombie out), he also gave me---y'all will laugh because we just discussed this-------Zanax, thinking maybe the stress of the surgery and all that has gone on, has made my body begin producing too much histamines----or something so if I have an especially stressful day, or am in discomfort as opposed to pain, I am to take one---see if I can relax and get past this point so that the rash goes away. He looked over my report from the surgeon and he said he was surprised to see me up and about and looking so good already. Made me feel better since I felt like it had been much too long for recovery. I have never taken 2 weeks to bounce back before. And NO cracks about me not ever being this old before--I done thought of that!! LOL

Laura, I must have been a text book pregnancy! One of my very first signs of being pregnant, was that I wanted a nap! I never sleep during the day----unless I was pregnant!! Then about the 3rd day I wanted a nap, my boobs would be too sore to even think about rolling over on! No need for a PG test!!! But it only lasted the first trimester, then I was going strong! Not tired, not miserable, just pregnant! Hope you get as lucky!!!

Gotta unload the DW and reload. Then Kinsey is going to dance class, and I have a couple of errands to run. BBL~~

Kat

Thanks Susie~xoxooxox

Tracy~ I make the candy corn, peanuts mixture too, but we add Junior Mints. I was talking about it the other day and everyone said, we want you to make us some! So last weekend I made a batch, put it all in little Halloween bags and passed them out to my lunch team, all the secretaries, principals. Of course, I save a sandwich baggie for Sus and I. We have barely made a dent in it, lol.

OK...oxoxoxoxxoox to my Tracy sister! We need cocktails and a swimming pool, where we yell out cat calls to all the people (good, bad and very ugly) enter the bar! Save you $$ for our trip.xoxoox

LOL Pam!!!!! Yes we do!!!!!

Every single one of you is so damn special. I swear.... our S.O.'s might think we are weird but I am so blessed.

Kat: Yes, because over the phone I was quoted $8149 for ALL! (not the breast lift, I threw that in today since I was nekid anyway)

Tracy, I'll make you a deal. If you don't self-sabotage this weekend I'll make you a very special piece of jewelry....in whatever style and/or colors you like....ok? Maybe that'll help you think twice when reaching for that EVIL BAD CRAP FOOD! BAD FOOD!

HAYDEE - You ok hon? Is it just work or what? :)

You know, what has happened to Tracy has me so emotional I can not even think straight. Seeing all the kind words all of the violets are giving her make me wish I would have told you all when I went through that pain of realizing my TT was not going to happen...instead I ate. And ate and ate and ate.

I cried (ad am crying still) when I read Tracys post because the pain she is in is so real and I can feel it....I am still feeling it. I know the feeling of not being good enough and thinking I will never be "normal". So instead of coming here and venting I just got depressed and ate. Now, I am losing what I gained. Like I told Tracy, it will happen for us one day and we need to be ready. Like if I win the lottery tonight I will have to wait until I lose this weight again to get my TT done....if SHE wins the lottery tonight she can schedule hers for tomorrow! lol Point being, you never know what the Lord has in store so we need to keep doing our best and going for the gold!!

((((hugs))))

First of all let me apologize for my mini font earlier, I had no idea Alex had changed us back to the small size---people were complaining they had to scroll the screen so he went back small--dammit! Guess it is back to advance post to fix it, and it was SOOOO nice to be able to see it easy!!

TracyK---I too wish you had come to us!!! I DO know how hard it is to get that kind of info---and truth be told, I was prepared to get it this time, with the PS, but if you were to see my B&A's you would be able to see the lypoma issue they found, that along with the detached muscle qualified my insurance. I remember the feeling from when BCBS told me my 10.5 months of medically supervised weight control appointments were washed down the drain, and I was going to have to start over! I was totally devastated....then they tell me they will not pay for another sleep study, or swallow study, or my psych evaluation for 2 years unless medically deemed necessary. So I was looking at being banded about now probably!

No, since then they have reduced it to 6 months---but I remember how I felt, that I could be dead with the weight before then! It was awful, and I am so sorry you girls are dealing with those feelings----it breaks my heart. I want us all to be happy!

They are going to recut Rick's check and overnight it on Monday. So I might not starve to death before then.....but I might not be shopping before then either----and I think I swapped my food addiction for a shopping addiction, and knowing someone took my money, and that we should have had another paycheck, and don't is really making me pissy~!

Making fish for supper----I have done well today, going to keep it up. I weighed in at the Dr.'s today at 161. Which is up from my scale, but they made me keep my clothes on, since the scale is in the hallway!!! The nurse (which is a nursing school trainee--and assisting the usual MA he has that took my DD's place) says Oh my gosh that is a gain of 13 pounds, and we just saw you, you must be retaining too much water! The Dr. tells her that I was completely dehydrated before, and am very well hydrated now. She made some sort of comment about how she would have had to try to maintain the loss, she loses her mind when the scale starts upward--my Dr. tells her well if she hadn't had the surgery the loss would have continued, and she looked soooooo interested, and then he adds, decomposing works that way----I don't think she ever got it. He just slightly, very slightly shook his head......don't think she will last!!!

So what is on everyones agenda for the weekend? I am staying home!! LOL I have no money!! LOL Actually going to just have to try to get around to both Dads and DD tomorrow for their birthdays. Too bad I can't go see TracyKS for hers too!!!

Take care all!!!

Kat

Well, I put my application in over a week ago and just heard back from them today! Apparently the volunteer assigned to me has just now gotten her electricity back on! So I'll talk to her tomorrow and maybe I can go look at 2-3 this weekend. But there is a special one I do have my eye on and hope he isn't taken....click on this link and take a look. I just have a "feeling" about him and did from the minute I saw his profile: Golden Beginnings -- 08-130 Comet

Isn't he BEAUTIFUL???

He is absolutely beautiful and looks so sweet - kind - and loving!

I am pulling for you.

We need cocktails and a swimming pool, where we yell out cat calls to all the people (good, bad and very ugly) enter the bar! Save you $$ for our trip.xoxoox

woot woot!! can't wait for that!

My weekend consists of one trip to my fill doctor, one wedding tomorrow evening and then Juan's grandma's 84th birthday party on Sunday. We are going all out for that so I'm so excited!

Terry - the only question I have about Comet is how could anyone possibly not want to beautiful sweet thing? There is no way that those eyes wouldn't haunt me if I were to leave him... I really hope you get him and give him his forever home...

TracyinKS - my heart goes out to you. Your time will come - be patient. You have come so far and such an inspiration to so many of us -- you are very special!

Also on the positive side - Charles seems to have changed his position on this subject! That is worth tons (at least in my household).