Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Never tried the "instant" bacon. When I decide it is time to cook bacon I will cook 2 pounds--I bake it in the oven, then it is done! I try to keep some cooked up through the summer for Rick to have BLT's with his fresh tomatoes. Then in the winter if I keep it cooked up we used to do grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches and Soup a lot---but have not done that in awhile!!!

Terry, you mentioned some serious stress the other night---is everything ok??? Hope so!

It was a nice day. Marie and I walked down and had lunch, I had a chile rellano, and a taco. Avoided the chips and salsa for the most part. Then we strolled our way home. Marie is having hip problems from the weight she has put on, so we took it slowly.

TracyK---were the areas you drove through the really devastated areas? I bet it made you feel really thankful!

Suzanne, you make me feel lazy, the inside of the windows in both my cars and Ricks truck need washed SO badly! No one ever smokes in our cars, but there is always a film of some sort build up. And then he has a radar detector and we use the GPS when we go anywhere so there are suction marks on all the windows and it drives me nuts! Apparantly not nuts enough to do anything about them tho!!!

When Manda comes after Kinsey she is just going to hang out, and watch the debate with us. She is Ms. Political I am here to tell you!!! And she and Jason are on opposite sides of the fence. Difference is, Manda will take the time out of her day to go vote, he will not. She said they are going to end up with 2 signs in their yard, and she is going to attach a His and a Hers to them!!!

Haydee glad you liked the quiche, we like it too!!! I would hazzard a guess that most of the men who shot the idea down, have never even tried it! Remember the book "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche"?

Well I guess I will go through some things together to call dinner. Have things ready to cook.

I am soooooo tired. These allergy drugs are killing me. And they moved my appointment to 10:15 in the morning. I guess someone in the office had an accident, and things were all haywire, so they rescheduled me. I just wanna quit itching!!!

Will check in with y'all later!

Kat

We don't use bacon enough to go through the normal bacon before it goes bad.

The instant bacon, isn't good in a skillet if you need it for cooking, and it's not good crumbled in anything.

But it's good to eat by itself, and 4 pieces are only 70 calories, which is less than 'normal bacon'. So I eat it as a snack sometimes. I do wish normal bacon came in smaller packs so I could have it around, I have tried making recipes that call for cooked bacon, using instant bacon.. instant bacon gets mooshy and doesn't have the grease in it needed for cooking with bacon.

Just got back from my second trip to Hobby Lobby. I love that place but have to watch myself and make sure I don't walk out with a fortune in "Stuff".

Ok.. maybe not lima beans.. ewwwwwww

Well, I would just suck off the chocolate!:)

I've seen cooking shows where they have chocolate covered bacon. Now THAT would be interesting!!

That is right up my alley!!

TracyK---were the areas you drove through the really devastated areas? I bet it made you feel really thankful!

As strange as it seems, it is like 7 miles down the road by macys school! We are so lucky considering how close we were to the horrible damage that was just down the road!

Just got back from my second trip to Hobby Lobby. I love that place but have to watch myself and make sure I don't walk out with a fortune in "Stuff".

I have to go in that store with tunnel vision and just enough cash for what I need...I could go broke in there!!:w00t:

Edited by TracyK

Today was a really good day again :w00t:

I am so proud that with dh being off we did not go eat enchiladas at our fav place and we did not go get a MJC at sonic while we were out driving around. We talked about it and I told him that I wanted to ee 20something more than I wanted those things. A definite victory for me. Maybe it will pay off soon.

WAY TO GO TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a taco for dinner too.. DH was pouty that I tried the new mexican place without him so I said what wth, but I had 1 taco and a few chips........ pork steak will be my meal(s) tomorrow.

So I guess I need to go look up how many carbs and calories I had with 3 beef tacos and 1 yogurt today........ even though I feel like a pig i guess that it really wasn't much! and I have stayed away from all things sweet today......

PS is tomorrow at 10a.m. they said to allow 2 hours...... oh lord, I'm getting nervous.

Good Luck Tracy, let us know what he had to say.

Had my Tai Chi class tonight and I am worn out. Came home and mashed tators and fixed cresent rolls. dinner was delicious. I could only handle about 3 bites of the swiss steak but the potatoes were wonderful. And the green Beans also.

Long day for me tomorrow. I have to be at work at 6am and work till 1pm.

Everone stay safe and Hugs to you all.

Hi Terry --

When are you getting your new addition to the family? We want to see pictures!!!!!!Gina

Well, I put my application in over a week ago and just heard back from them today! Apparently the volunteer assigned to me has just now gotten her electricity back on! So I'll talk to her tomorrow and maybe I can go look at 2-3 this weekend. But there is a special one I do have my eye on and hope he isn't taken....click on this link and take a look. I just have a "feeling" about him and did from the minute I saw his profile: Golden Beginnings -- 08-130 Comet

Isn't he BEAUTIFUL???

WAY TO GO TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a taco for dinner too.. DH was pouty that I tried the new mexican place without him so I said what wth, but I had 1 taco and a few chips........ pork steak will be my meal(s) tomorrow.

So I guess I need to go look up how many carbs and calories I had with 3 beef tacos and 1 yogurt today........ even though I feel like a pig i guess that it really wasn't much! and I have stayed away from all things sweet today......

PS is tomorrow at 10a.m. they said to allow 2 hours...... oh lord, I'm getting nervous.

How cool!!! Yeah, I'd be getting nervous too!! I forget, are you all approved already...or what hoops will you have to jump thru yet? Congrats, sista, on staying away from the sweets! Me too!! :tongue:

Day 5 - clean and sober! :tongue: I've lost 2# this week...down to 181.0. We are moving in the right direction.

Edited by TerriDoodle

Morning everyone

Judy, I was thinking of you ... that you must have a cruise coming up soon.

Tracyks - how exciting.... can't wait to hear details

Terry - That is great about your new addition. I love dogs, but the reality is my kids can't breathe... so i'll keep my kittens

Haydee - yeah, i'm a little nervous myself. I'm going alone but then again i'm doing it to meet different people

Tracy, Jane, Michelle, Kay - how are you guys doing

I had a long post and lost it so this is th summary.

Yesterday was a better day, I guess I can't change or beat myself up forever about what i've done, just move on and grow.

I'll post pics of my kitchen this weekend, the ceiling is down and the walls started coming down last night, they will be gone by saturday.

I'm so tired, can't wait to sleep in - it's cold and dark here now

Good Morning, Violets..

Terry.. that dog is a beauty. Hope you can get him!

I'm up early and ready to hit the road with DD Kris today and head to Mackinaw. Should be a beautiful drive with all the leaves turning. It's 34 degrees this morning. Definitely not pool weather!!! But definitely great to think that I'll be leaving for our next cruise a week from tomorrow!! wooo hooooo!!

Gotta go get some Breakfast and be on my way. Have a great day. I'll check in tonight when I get back.

Purple power going your way today, TracyinKS!! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Good Friday Morn, Vi's~~

Terri... he's adorable!

Tracy... Good luck today!! How exciting!!

Judy... Enjoy your trip... it sounds relaxing & delightful!!

I woke up this a.m. w/no voice! It's been coming on now for a couple days. I bet the PTA wishes I'd lost it yesterday! LOL! It doesn't hurt... .it just doesn't work!

The VP @ the ES was asking me questions about the Band last night before the meeting. Another gal in PTA is having her gastric bypass surgery today! So we were all chatting. I think the VP is leaning toward Band. I told her about this site & that I'd chat w/her anytime about it.

Regular day... my annual cardio appointment, coffee w/a friend who I haven't seen since June or so... work... soccer practice... DH is on a "photojournalism" trip to NYC today w/2 other photo nerds...

Can't wait to hear about your app't, Tracy!!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Hey V's~

Well here we are, Oct. 3rd, and the goals I've set for myself are NOT REALIZED. Then my modified goal is not finished either. Goal #1, have chapter 4 and 5 done. Goal #2 (modified) have at LEAST chapter 4 done...neither is done. I toally suck and need a day off. It is hard to balance life, work (both jobs), personal life. I totally suck. And today is our Friday @ the movies, and I know I should be working. I have to balance things though, right? Or is this just my own bullshit coming back to haunt me? LOL.

Terri~ I love that baby!!!! He is beyond pretty. He needs a good lap this winter, and I think yours is perfect! I grew up w/ big babies. We always had German Shepards, Labs and Retrievers. I think he will bring you and your family lots of love, fun and poop! haha

Jenn~ I couldn't post this week but I wanted to say I love you and to keep on keepin on!

Judy~Count down to Cruisin'! I wish I had a cruise to look forward to. Any parasailing in your future? Where are you cruisin' to? I must have missed that. Got to quit reading from work, lol.

Kat~ You are still my hero! So glad you are on the mend.

Hello and kisses to all the other violets!!!

My friend told me last night that she was having bypass. In a way I wish I had bypass. I'd be skinny by now! Oh well!

Love you guys...happy Friday!:tongue:

Pamela - YOU DO NOT SUCK!!! But you WILL feel better if you can knock out a few of your chores! Maybe reward yourself with a movie AFTER you've gotten Chapter 4 done? I'm sure Susanne would understand your reasoning.

Good morning everyone...still 210 this morning. UGH... I WILL be under in the next day or 2, then I will put the scales away for about a week or so.

Tracy-I am so excited for you! I wish I was going with you. We will all be in that room with you in spirit! God I am envious!

Terry-what a beautiful, sweet looking dog! I hope he is the one you are able to get. What is C&S?

Laura-how are you feeling? Are the exercises helping?

Pamela-I am with ya sista...I wish I would have had the other surgery at times too. Oh well, I will just work with what I have. We will make it! At least we do not have to take Vitamins every day for the rest of our lives like gastric bypass patients. We will just have to be our own miracles and use the band for what it was meant to do and plug away! Neither surgery is fool proof. Le *sigh*

Michelle-congrats on not getting on the scale. I am sure that you will be very happy that you didn't.

Judy-how is your weight loss going? Any news?

Jenn-glad you had a better day! I watched dr phil yesterday and one quick stress reliever is smelling flowers. I am gonna go get me some (or candle that smells like flowers) today :lol: It is worth a shot!

Jane-what ya up to? Just because you said Oct did not start out great in the food dept for you does not men that you can't turn it around? How about it? Wanna join in and ROCKtober with us? Today is only the 3rd for goodness sake!

Haydee-what are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun?

Kat-When youwere typing out the meal you cooked the other day to make rick feel better...my mouth watered! All my favs too!

Suzie-your dinner sounded great too. God I am hungry! lol

I need to go make me some oatmeal or something...I am starving!