Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Oh yeah, and recognize that White Tiger picture next to my degree? Remember me lugging that around in Gruene? :) I get so many compliments on it, everyone wants one.

I've done Soups and chili before in the crock pots and it's always a big hit. But it's not cold enough here right now for that. Terry the salad sounds good. Anything with meat in it they will eat up. I've made meatless salads before and everyone just stares at them like I'm serving them dead insects, LOL. Michelle, how hard are quiches to make? I can serve Terry's salad with a piece of quiche on the side?
That actually sounds perfect! Mmmm.

strawberry Romaine Salad

1 large head romaine lettuce

1 head boston lettuce (also called butter lettuce) (If I can't find that, I'll use red-tip)

1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced

1/2+ c. chopped pecans, roasted

4oz. shredded monterrey jack cheese (I've also used feta)

Dressing:

1 cup canola or vegetable oil

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

2 cloves garlic, minced

Handful of fresh chopped parsley (if you have it)

1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (or 10 packets of Splenda)

Salt and sweet paprika to taste – start out with ½ teaspoon each

1/2 tsp ground white pepper

Blend garlic, parsley and sugar into vinegar. Slowly add canola and whisk as you go. Add salt and paprika. Taste and add pepper. (Frankly, I throw it all in a mason jar and shake the hell out of it)

Serves about 10 as a salad or 6-8 as an entree with roasted chicken or chunks of deli turkey added.

Ok, I'M HUNGRY NOW!!!! Day 4....clean and sober! :)

Quiche is easy, but not so good heated up in a microwave... they are best right out of the oven.

Here's a basic recipe - then you add ham, sausage, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, bacon, spinach....whatever you like!

• 4 eggs
  • 2 cups half-and-half cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 4 ounces Jarlsberg cheese, shredded (or Swiss or Havarti...whatever)
  • 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg. Place shredded Jarlsberg and mozzarella in the pie shell. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is set. Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving

You guys are making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I've had today was

WC oatmeal and TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you that the scale was 180.6 today? Maybe the 170's by tomorrow... that right there should be enough motivation to NOT eat poorly.

I'm going to cook pork steak in my crock pot over night for tomorrow... oh crap ...scratch that... I'm going to lunch with my boss tomorrow.... man I wish I had pork steak waiting for me tonight!

Woohoo Tracy!!

I got a firehouse sub for lunch.. ham & turkey..ate 2 bites.

Soooo the salad and quiche idea was quickly shot down by most of the office staff... Specifically the men... But thanks for the idea. Next sunday we are having ladies brunch/gossip time at my house and this is what I'm making. All the girls will love it and I can pull the quiches hot out of the oven...

I have everything in my fridge right now to make that quiche for dinner except the nutmeg. Is it crucial? Don't want to stop at the store...

Soooo the salad and quiche idea was quickly shot down by most of the office staff... Specifically the men... But thanks for the idea. Next sunday we are having ladies brunch/gossip time at my house and this is what I'm making. All the girls will love it and I can pull the quiches hot out of the oven...

Ok, then.......put the MEN in charge of the cooking! :):tongue2::)

I have everything in my fridge right now to make that quiche for dinner except the nutmeg. Is it crucial? Don't want to stop at the store...

NO!!! Definitely not worth stopping.

No, and I personally prefer it without the nutmeg.

My favorite is mozzerella & spinach.. mm..

Then Tracy's bbq idea sounds good to me...

It ALL sounds good to me...

Day 3 "C&S" (as Terri says")... it's getting harrrrderrrrr..........

but not impossible!!

I can do it! WE can do it!!

Laura... your office looks lovely! If you don't have drawers, then can you get one of those rollie drawer things that would fit under the desk & put your drawer stuff in there?? My desk doesn't have drawers, and I HATE it... that's why everything is all over the place & always "out"... I like to pretend it's decorative and that it reflects my inner creativity... hardy har har!! :)

Hi y'all,

Got my end of the banking etc. taken care of, the police report etc. made, the dispute started----had a form to fill out for every single charge I disputed....Had to have my account #, the debit card #, my printed name, signature, date, home phone, and work phone. I filled that out almost 50 times! I needless to say now know all the numbers by heart! I knew my account # but not the debit card #....which is now closed so knowing it does me no good!

She said there is about a 50/50 outcome of disputes, and there is no way to tell what they will decide about mine. It is ultimately a MasterCard decision, not a bank decision----and the sad thing is, they want the money----and since it is a given they will not likely get it out of the company in India, they will use every opportunity to decline the dispute. In that case I will likely hire an attorney, and file against them for the costs plus attorney fees and court costs. The amount the Indian Railway Catering company took from my account ended up being $1896.00---exactly even! The fact that tomorrow is payday---means there was not much left in that account anyway...so they actually hit me with insufficient funds on 2 transactions from yesterday. They are going to provisionally return the NSF fees to my account (whoopee) but if the dispute is decided against me they will pull it back out.

Police Dept., well actually the officer was an ass! He told me there was no way he could investigate it....did I still want to make a report? Welllllll YEAH!!! I ask him, if someone stole almost $1900 bucks from you, wouldn't you want it back. He copied my paperwork, called for a case #, gave me that and his name and sent me on my way. Unreal! People at the bank were really nice, but did not send me away with much hope....

Tonight we have a game.....against the other company team. There were too many for one team so there ended up being 2, one good, and one not so good (us)--tonight we face off! Should be a riot---wish I could play.

Had to laugh, because I have a crockpot full of pulled pork cooking as I type! I come in from town, shredded the pork---and we will have it for dinner, on our way to the game. The 7:30 games, do not allow us time to have a real dinner before he has to be there at 7, because he works til 6. Then the game goes on for an hour, and by the time we get out of the park it is 9....too late to eat! So I have to find things to make that we can eat on the go. Pulled pork was my answer today, he can have sandwiches, and I can have a dish.....I reccommend it too Haydee!

My knee is bruised, and my side is sore, but I can eat without issue, and figure I just pulled muscles. BUT I do have an appointment with my PCP to be checked out, and they will cover the bill. That is tomorrow.

Man I wish I had known to say rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. I woke up and just groaned!! LOL Normal for me!

I have Manda's little sister here. Poor girl. Her Mothers boyfriend kicked her out, because she got a failing notice in geometry---and he refuses to have a failure in his home. He has been hunting for a reason to get rid of her. Her Dad (also Manda's dad) his girlfriend insists they do not have room for her---but finally they caved and allowed her to move in with them. So now she goes to school here in my little town. Well they got out early today---but her Dad's gf refuses to allow her into the house until they get home, which is 6 PM! So the plan is to have Courtney come here after school and Manda will pick her up with Kinsey then her Dad will get her when he leaves work, so that she can get into the house.

This is a sweet kid, she loves Kinsey and is SO good with her! She is cheerful, and helpful, and the way they treat her breaks my heart.

I spoke with the girl across the street who is a teacher, and she said if she needed help with geometry, she would be glad to help her....because I am sure it is beyond me to help!

She is just gonna have to be part of our family because hers sucks! Plain and simple!

Well I am off to build a bridge!!! Yep Lego's and the granddaughter are calling my name!! Courtney (Manda's sister) is doing homework---her first day in this school, and she has a bunch of homework! So I will check in later---or after the game.

Hugs!!!

Kat

I was curious about the police being involved, I wouldn't think they could do anything either :)

I hope it gets resolved, that's so scuzzy that they don't back you. When all is said and done, I would move your banking to somewhere that covers you for fraud. My bank covers it--and it's free.

I have sworn by it now, I got my mom on the train when her account was hacked and she lost her money.

I didn't know about rabbit, rabbit, rabbit either. I wake up every morning and drop the "F Bomb" cause it is 5am...and I walk from the the bed to the shower! Next month remind us to say rabbit rabbit rabbit!

Off to buy my bro a plane tix to go see dad, then gonna make tacos and drink beers. NEEDLESS TO SAY...not gonna do the pie report today. Man, that didn't take long. At 5:30am I was promising. Lets just say long day...two trainings...out to lunch w/ friends(did not do too bad at lunch)...but there was lots of candy involved at the after noon trainings (remember Judy...teachers love candy). Bad food day. I AM PROOUD OF MY VI'S and will rejoin (or is it just join) the ranks tomorrow!

Off to cook and have some beers!

Laura, love the office! You need some bigger wall art. Proud of you and that pretty degree!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo everyone