Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning girls... Hope everyones weekend was great... I had to work all day Saturday, yuck. Can you believe my boss is making us make up time that we missed for the hurricane? Ghetto... So I'm stuck working for a few saturdays in the next couple of weeks...

Sunday was hectic too. My cousin had a baby shower and I still hadn't had time to get her a present... So we went to Breakfast, then mass then shopping. There was hardly anything left on the register so I was running around picking up tons of little odds and ends...

Ugh, I'm doing so bad on my eating too. I am going back for a fill this coming saturday and see what she sees... Hopefully I haven't stretched my pouch out.

It's going to be a beautiful week here in Houston this week. I love love love this time of year. I've got weddings scheduled in the month of October. Business has really picked up. Both on the Bed and Breakfast side and on the wedding side. I'm hoping to get to a point where I can do that full time. Even in a state of recession the wedding business never misses a beat. Girls still want to get married and will still come up with whatever amount of money it takes to get it done to their satisfaction...

My house is still in shambles from when we were without power. I still haven't gotten around to doing any major housework. I need to hurry up and get it done tonight so I won't feel guilty while I'm out enjoying this weather the rest of the week.

Laura - hope things go well at your appointment today! If she doesn't bring relief I would still ask about acupuncture...

Judy - your garden's look so beautiful! Wish I had a green thumb. I kill everything I touch. My front yard I've worked on but my back yard is still bare, just grass. Have no clue what I want to do back there...

Pammy - (((((hugs))))) to you... I love you but have to tell you this. You are wasting the time that you do have with him now on being sad about what's gonna happen in the future. Live in the now always. He's still with you! Call him as much as you can and when his time does come you will be happy that you were able to enjoy him to the fullest...

Terry - I'm sorry your son had to miss his grandma's service... It sounded like it was a beautiful tribute to her life... Hugs to you today too...

TracyK - I am glad the lights are back on but seriously sometimes forget. I'll be in the bathroom at dusk and juan will come in there and flip the switch and i'm like, oh yeah! we have lights now... AND I haven't had a chance to watch TV. All that moaning and groaning I did about missing it...

I gotta cut this short... I've got a meeting scheduled at 10am and I need to get ready for it... I'll be back later girls...

Denise, toooo cute!!!!!!!!!! Puts me in baby mode.

Laura, good luck today!!!

TracyK too funny about the 'good news'!! My mom had diarrea (sp) the other day and was complaining about it, I told her to just eat another peice of cake!?

I can't imagine what the three of you Houston girls went through with the storm. I wish I could come down there and help you all!! Especially Haydee, I could do all the things that you weren't able to do w/o electricty. Vacuum, catch up on laundry, have light to see the dirt to mop etc.... Then I would go buy a winning lottery ticket for Tracyk, and help her restock her fridge, pay off cc bills from hotels etc... Then I would go over to Terrys and give her a great big hug!!

Hi Tracyks, Suzie, Kat, Gina, Michelle, Jenn, I am fprgetting someone oh my gosh, I can't think, I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane - come on down!!! I hate to vacuum. Will you do dishes too? He he he...

I think for this one time I'm going to splurge on a cleaning crew to come do my house...

So far this morning I've had one cup of coffee with creamer and one teaspoon of sugar... For lunch I've brought a vietnamese slaw and noodle salad with grilled pork on top. For dinner I think I might make fish. I haven't had fish in awhile. Terry/Tracy - have ya'll seen fish at the supermarket?

My meeting is postponed until later... The nine a.m. meeting hasn't finished yet... I'm gonna pop over to the online news site and see what's going on with the world...

Haydee, I definitely have Acupuncture on the list! If today doesn't make me feel warm & fuzzy, I am moving on to it. But right now I am gung-ho and hopeful they will help me.

Russell keeps saying I need to get the flu shot, I don't know how it occurred to him.. but then I read in my pregnancy bible that if you're pregnant during Dec. you should get it done.. then on the way to work there was a commercial saying pregnant women need to get the flu shot. I've never had a flu shot, I just know one of my professors years ago talked about how she got it ONCE and got so deathly ill she'd never get it again.. I never planned to get it. Wah :thumbup:

Do you just go to a local clinic for a flu shot?

Piehole report..

Glass of milk with 1tbsp of hershey syrup.. mm.

Terry-thanks for telling me about the dairy/bacteria thing. I did not know that. Another reason to stay away from ice cream :thumbup:

By the way, dd stayed home today because over the weekend she caught pink eye!

Hello my Purple Pals!

Just got off the phone with my band Dr. feel a bit better. I was getting concerned, one of my little incisions is pretty swollen and sore, and I am just not bouncing back from this like I expected....I mean I have had like my TT which was a big surgery recently, and was feeling pretty good within a few days, this has really kicked my butt!

He said I went into the other surgeries healthy, and this one was an emergency to save my life, I was far from healthy for it, so it will take much longer. I wasn't looking for the dramatic answer, but it made sense, so I will quit stressing!

I feel ok, but I am swelling so badly, and by the end of the day I am exhausted, and when I look back, I have done nothing! Loading the dishwasher is a job!

He is sending me for a blood draw to rule out infection---and to see if there is something I need to suppliment while I heal.

Laura hope you get some relief and insight into what is happening today at your appointment!! Giving up the cigarettes is HARD, many of us know!! I quit when I found out Manda was on the way, and stayed quit til I began contemplating divorce and stupidly started again! Quit again years later when I became pregnant again.....and started again when life went to hell! Eventually quit for good on April 1st, 1991!! It was the best thing I did! But it was MUCH MUCH easier to quit when there was a baby for a reason! You can do it! And don't be like me and start again! What a dummy I can be!

Denise, the boys are adorable, Dimitri looks like a little angel sleeping like that....one of those pics that just makes you go Awwwww.

Judy, we didn't do a lot in the yard this year, knowing the shop was going in. Next spring the concrete gets done, and then I have to come up with some sort of landscaping plan for it, and figure out a way for it and my desire for a nice back yard to mesh!! Yours made me want to get started.....wrong season!! Actually I might make some preliminary plans and drop some bulbs in the ground.....hmmmmm

Terry---glad you are feeling ready for a new start. The last several months to a year have really been hard for you---you knew what was coming, and there is just no way to be fully prepared. And add to it the stress you had going on with your sister, and it is a wonder you did not go back to old eat to cover it up times!! I am all for a new start!!! I am sitting here shelling peanuts and eating them for breakfast.....I might not be off to the best start!!! LOL

Haydee--I cannot believe you are having to make up time! What a "nice" guy! It is horrible to say, but I hope he is one with damage! Cracks me up you forgetting you have power!

TracyK--feel better! The new and improved TracyK diet plan...POP (Poop off Pounds)!!!! Hope it works for you then that you feel much better!!! Hugs!

Michelle---not sure I would do well with a month being scale free---I would always think I had time to make up for my cheats!! Good Luck!!

TracyKS--Will Charles maybe go to your appointment with you? Rick got lots of info and thought to ask different questions than I did. Maybe he would feel a part of it, rather than it being something else you do without him....just a thought!

Pamela--glad Dad sounded better. Is he taking any treatment? That will give him good and bad days.....I forget if you said he was or wasn't. At least you don't have Manuel to deal with along with this! Heck I'd have to send you a family size of M&M's to crunch!!! LOL

Jane--I didn't have any hurricane damage, but NM is kinda on the way to TX and I could use some cleaning--------and REALLY use some lotto winnings!!! There is actually a 200+ million dollar winner from NM somewhere that has yet to claim the prize. It is not me. Gotta play to win, and I didn't!

Suzanne---you already at work?? Are they even looking to hire the position you keep having to cover?

Jenn---are you stuck behind new cabinets and cannot get out? Or did you find a date for the wedding, and are not letting him out of the bedroom???? You know which one I am hoping it is!!! Come back girlie!

Gina--I was going to pick up a doghouse with a friend yesterday and the people who make them raise german shepherds, and she had a litter that was about 3 weeks old, omg they were so cute!!! Made me think of you and your dog!!! Cute but HIGH dollar!!!

Well I hope I did not miss anyone, and that I can get this posted without the internet demons making off with it!!!

Kat

Hey V's~

Quick check in as kids finish Verbs!!

Dad is not doing anymore tx. Just waiting now and "Celebrating his life" as he says it! This is the end, but someone here said it best...I am not gonna mourn him yet!

I can't do the LC thing...cause, well, I can't eat much...at all. For breakfast yesterday, I had 4/5 of 1/2 a turkey sand, a few nachos...and then was stuffed for the day! That has never happened to me...I usally can "put it away". I guess this is good right? So we skipped "dinner" and Sus made herself some Pasta side dish and I had about 5 bites of the "bean salad" I made for lunch this week. I wasn't really hungry, just felt I needed something to eat. I had a headache and it was perfect. So, I am just gonna stick w/ that for now. I had Cereal (1 c. Kashi Go Lean) and usually I am hungry about now and have a snack on break @ 9:30. Well, I will probably skip that and just have some of my bean salad for lunch (it is yummy w/ artichoke hearts, three Beans, onions). We will see how long this wave lasts!

BBL

Yay me!

I've finished 2 glasses of water!

I'm now eating a tuna lunch kit, but looking at the kit totals

I see that it has 16 net carbs. I may have to go back to making it the old fashioned way with REAL mayo not the fat free crap they include and also forgo the crackers

Tonight my plan is to boil up some eggs and make egg salad too I may even mix up a 'breakfast' caserole for quick nuking ... the problem is the rubbery texture of nuked eggs.

Kat: I am with you......... I need the scale for accountability.. I too would think I had time to make up for my cheats (which is EXACTLY what I'm doing now!) I know that I have a good 5-7 lbs of Water weight on me and I'm hoping to see the 170's by Friday.. I may be in for a rude awakening, and no.. I'm not taking Charles with me to the appointment.

Did I tell you guys that my sister got bitten by a Black Widow spider??? we were giving her crap about feeling ill the day before her courthouse wedding, but when I looked at it while there I told her to go to the doc because it looked infected...... and sure enough it was anthrax from a Black Widow bite! They gave her pain meds and antibiotics... we gave her crap.......... black widow- wedding... spider missed Travis and got her.. LOL!

Something I forgot to tell you!

Rick's secretary and her DH come by to see if we wanted to go riding, and she told me to avoid 2 women at the ball park. I guess they were talking about me at the 2nd game---we did not stay I was tired, so we come home. They saw my arms when I took off my coat, and were telling their DH's who I play ball with, that I had track marks----and they knew I had not lost all that weight on my own!

These women---one works for the company, and has never spoke a word to me without me initiating the hellos-I was not worth her time---she is prissy, and I was fat! And the 2 shall never mix! I believe them to be related, that the other womans husband is the snooty ones brother---but they high hat all of us, and are super jealous women, they come and stand behind the dugout when we are batting, and keep their husbands out there with them, so they are not in the dugout where all of us usually are laughing and cutting up. And one of them actually said to her DH---we could not see which "do not go in there and sit next to Kristi!" Kristi is the secretary's DD who is in high school, and would not be interested in these guys, they are her parents friends! These women whine non stop about everything!

So at the next game---which is tonight! I intend to go over and have a close intimate little conversation with the husbands! Which should shake up the wenches!!! THEN I will tell them!

I am not a drug addict! Nor am I am unhappy gossipy wife!

Had to tell you, I was so pissed off!!!! My bruises from the IV's are very slowly going away----but even that part of healing is taking forever!

Kat

Hmmm, hadn't thought about the scale thing that way, Kat & Tracy. See, my thinking was (IS!) that if I don't weigh, then I can ASSUME that it's going down (especially if I eat properly & exercise) so I won't want to wreck it by cheating... & if I can do that for a whole month, then it actually WILL go down! See the mind game?? Because I hate, hate, hate it when I am eating well & exercising regularly & the scale shows nothing... THAT's when I figure "what the hell then!" and go blow it. Seeee how sneaky I have to be to trick myself into compliance & hopefully success??

You go Kat! Give them what for!

Michelle: I see your point!!! and really whatever mind games we have to play with ourselves........ we need to do it!

and Kat:

KICK SOME ASS Sistah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tuna done

3rd glass of Water filled!

okay computer savvy people... I NEED HELP! I accidentally updated a PDF and now I don't know how to restore the previous version of it. I'm in Adobe Acrobat 7.0. I deleted a crucial page by accident and then saved it and as soon as I clicked the save button I realized my mistake. I've already done a system restore on my computer and it didn't help. Now what? Am I doomed? And no I didn't save the original draft before I turned it into a PDF. I created the document in excell a long long time ago and saved it to a PDF and now I just needed to insert a new page to the packet and I did that but then I don't know why I deleted the next page which had all the pertinent figures on it and then I saved it and now i'm dooooooommmmmeeeeeddddd..... hhhhheeeeelllllppppp

Haydee I wish I could help----all I can do is bang my head with you cuz I am computer illiterate!!!

Hope you get it fixed---I HATE crap like that!!!

Off to lunch with Rick & Kinsey

Kat