Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey V's~

Thanks for the text Jane! I am in a funk...but I need to jump out of it cause I don't want to mourn someone who is alive! I am over feeling sorry for myself (remind me I said this).

I love you guys! Susanne is off at softball practice! I told her I would go to the games, but I'll skip the practices. I should be working on diss, yet, I am still watching Sat. Night Live (I stopped after last post). Just thought I'd say hi!

Have a great night!

xoxoxoxoxoxoox

SOUNDS LIKE A VIOLET TO ME!

The One Flaw In Women

By the time the Lord made woman,

He was into his sixth day of working overtime.

An angel appeared and said,

"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"

And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?

She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,

have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable

and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,

have a lap that can hold four children at one time,

have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart

-and she will do everything

With only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements.

"Only two hands!? No way!

And that's just on the standard model?

That's too much work for one day.

Wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I won't, " the Lord protested.

"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.

She already heals herself when she is sick

AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman.

"But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed,

"but I have also made her tough.

You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.

The Lord replied,

"Not only will she be able to think,

she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something,

and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.

"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.

I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak,"

the Lord corrected,

"that's a tear!"

"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy,

her s orrow, her pain, her disappoi ntment, her love,

her loneliness, her grief and her pride."

The angel was impressed.

"You are a genius, Lord.

You thought of everything!

Woman is truly amazing."

And she is!

Women have strengths that amaze men.

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness,

love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in.

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideals.

They give moral support to their family and friends.

Women have vital things to say and everything to give

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE TINY FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

HI girls - just checking in....

Wanted to share the cutest picture ever...this was Dimitri today

6034812919_ORIG.jpg

And here's Blake with his Grandpa

IMG_1868.jpg

Laura wait til you have your baby...they become the center of your universe! lol

I love being a grandma :biggrin:

Awwww Jane we needed a glass half full reminder!!! Thanks!!

Pamela, give yourself time to process things, and you will be better able to enjoy the time you have left with your Dad. Be very thankful, that you have the means to go to him when he needs you. Many don't have the option. I love you and I will be praying with you as the days go by.

I am off to watch my shows.....bbl

Kat

three ladies in a sauna

three women, two younger, and one senior citizen, were sitting naked in a sauna.

suddenly there was a beeping sound. The young woman pressed her forearm and the beep stopped. The others looked at her questioningly. 'that was my pager,' she said. I have a microchip under the skin of my arm.

a few minutes later, a phone rang. The second young woman lifted her palm to her ear. When she finished, she explained, 'that was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand.'

the older woman felt very low -tech. Not to be out done, she decided she had to do something just as impressive. She stepped out of the sauna and went to the bathroom. She returned with a piece of toilet paper hanging from her rear end.

the others raised their eye brows and stared at her.

the older woman finally said.........well, will you look at that....

i'm getting a fax!!

Dimitri is so cute!! And I like that name :biggrin:

Terry, I meant to say your mom's service sounded beautiful..

Ava Maria is one of my favorite songs, my dad sang it to me as a kid, but he sang "Laura Marie" and till I was about 12, I thought he actually wrote that song for me. It is so beautiful, I cry everytime I hear it.. and just reading "Ava Maria" made me think of Bodacelli (sp) singing it, and it makes me weepy.. could be hormones!

Judy thank you so much, I was real redneck in our drive way today waiting for Russell to come out--barefoot, hair a mess, in crappy clothes since nothing fits good.. and I check the mail (a day late)..got your card, opened it in our quiet neighborhood.. I died laughing.. people doing yardwork next door looked funny at me. That was funny, thanks for the laugh!

I am feeling as bad as when it started, I had that one good day on Thursday I don't know what was different. But by noon tomorrow I am hopeful that I will have an adjustment, suggestions, a diagnosis.. something.

I need to be accountable, I am hungry 24/7.. I mean literally, I can eat and eat and eat, and I never feel full.. not even 'satisfied'.. it's like I'm an empty pit! I go back to my band doc on Oct. 15, I am going to ask to have some put back in, I feel no restriction anymore.. that initial swelling I had when I found out, has gone away.

Yesterday, just a guestimate, I'd say I had at least 4,000 calories. I won't even go into all I ate..probably 8 or 9 meals. Yeah!! What the heck!? I baked a cake and.. I only ate one piece yesterday, but I just threw it away tonight. I don't know what's going on with me.

I need to get back in the game, but with the quitting smoking, busy season and stress, and lack of any restriction..I can't control myself.

And while I'm still a bad person because I still smoke, I am officially down to 5 a day, which is amazing to me. I have about 10 left, and I am deciding that when those 10 are gone, I will not buy anymore.. and go from there. Russell is an annoying non-smoker now, he makes a big deal when ANYONE lights up. So I only smoke outside, which means I smoke less of the cigarette because I don't want to be out there. I threw away all of the ashtrays, and cleaned any smoke residue from our airvents (yuck).

Going to go back and read the stories some of you posted.. good night V's!

Oh one last thing.. Russell's family is so weird, I will never get use to it. If anyone in my family goes to the hospital for so much as a sprained toenail.. everyone is alerted immediately. About a month ago, his brother was in a car wreck (his 100th) and taken to hospital, and the next day one of his dad's horses kicked him in the groin (they are trainers).. and his mom called him like 3 days later, to let him know they were both in the hospital. Then I ask Russ 'Are they ok???' and he just says "I guess so". They don't communicate!!

Tonight his mom called, his dad formed a hematoma from that groin kick, and 2 days ago he collapsed from shaking and 'stuff' (no full story!) and has been hospitalized since! They are treating him with antibiotics, and tomorrow they are going to go in and remove the Fluid. But jeez, if my parents collapsed, I expect a call immediately, and I'd be going there. He's not going, he doesn't seem concerned. I don't get them.

I am with you Laura, we are the sprained toenail family here! I got the worry gene from my mom, and it is my job!!

I am going to bed soon, check some things off my list to do today, but not all. I have the 'unmotivated flu'. It symptoms are runny nose and lack of motivation!!

Special Hugs to Terry and Pam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up early to wait for Ethan.

Laura..hope you get some relief at the docs today. Glad you're cutting down on the smokes. I stopped cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant and have only had one relapse in 31 years. But I do know how difficult it is. Especially with the stress you are under with your health and eating.

Terry .. I have sung Ave Maria at many a wedding. It really is a beautiful song. I'm glad the service went well.

TracyK...hope you're feeling better today. Try the 5-6 small meals a day and see if that helps with your eating.

PamELa...hugs to my roomie. I know it's a difficult time for you. We're all here for you.

Denise...the pics are so cute!! Can't wait to hold another newborn in my arms in just 5 months!!

Jane..it's good that you can put things in perspective. We all have done well with the band.. no doubt about that. We just have to remember how far we've come and that will help us on the last leg of the journey.

Everyone I've missed... hugs to you too. Gotta go get some Breakfast before the boy arrives.

Everyone have a great day!!

Laura: I have a mental picture of you laughing your butt off checking the mail! LOL I hope you start feeling better.

Terry: I am with you.. I AM GOING TO EAT LC today!

Judy: I am going to try and do your multimeal plan. (I have WC oatmeal and tuna already at my desk)

I have got to get serious... I am going to the ps on Friday.

Denise: I LOVE THOSE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.. I gotta get to work

Tracy: How are you doing today?

Morning V's~

I talked to dad last night. He knows and is excited I am coming up! My sister thinks we have a couple of months, so hopefully all will be well when we go up at Thanksgiving! Thanks for all the wishes and good thoughts...you all are the best! I am just glad September is nearly over! Ready for Oct (and payday)!

All is well on this end. Working, 2 meetings, diss, then football! We are going to a new place tonight...should be fun. But after Friday night...I will be sipping iced tea, and not the Long Island kind!

I hope all works well for you Laura. I know about the smoking thing. It is tough but remember...the band is in for life. If you gain during pregnancy (which you are supposed to), and gain a bit from quitting smoking (so proud of you)...then when all is said and done, THE BAND WILL BE THERE FOR YOU! Now is the time to baby yourself, enjoy the changes your body is going through (not the pain shit though) and remember the band will be there waiting for you when you are ready!xoxooxox

Have a great day!

Hi everyone-

Denise-absolutely precious babies!

Tracy-I am OK. Any positive input from your dh yet? I hope so. I know how much it means for spouses to actually back us up and help us with our decisions!

Pamela-I am so glad you get to go and spend some time with your dad. Treasure the time you have now. I know I did with my dad to and I would not treade those days for anything!

Terry-congrats on jumping back on the bandwagon with us.

Judy-thanks for the example of the meals. Boy that would take alot of getting used to! Wow...I need to try that. Thank you so much!

Laura-good luck today. Hopefully you will feel better soon. :biggrin:

Kat-how are you today? You need to take it easy!

Janie-thanks for the inspiring words. You are right. We have all done so well and come so far! RAH RAH RAH! GO VIOLETS!

Today my throat is still raw but here is the good news....I may have gotten something intestinal now...without grossing you all out...it is something that may help on the weight loss! lol I was in the restroom for 20 minutes this morning. This may be a shove in the right direction that I have been waiting for! I gotta laugh about it otherwise I would cry! I had said at one time that I wa sone stomach flu away from my goal weight. Oh well, I am not that close to goal anymore but I will definitely look at the bright side of the situation. :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone! Michelle, Haydee, Jenn, Suzie, Gina and all other violets....((((hugs))))

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

I'm w/ya'll on the eating LC + trying more mini-meals... + I WILL go do weights today! I think I've actually GAINED wt in Sept... WTF?? This is making me crazy! (& I've got enough crazy already!) I need a new approach, so I've thought up the novel idea (lol) of not weighing on the scale for the WHOLE month of Oct! To just focus on eating properly and exercising... & then seeing where that takes me in a month. My prob w/the scale is that if I see a loss, then I'm happy & it's easier to be "good" that day... but if I see a gain or a same, then I get bummed out & tend to blow it that day... so that's why I'm thinking of giving it a longer time period of the month.

Me & my mind games!! Wanna play?? :biggrin:

YOu're not alone, Michelle...that's what I do too. When I've had a bit of a loss then I slack off and have a few Cookies, a bowl of ice cream, a second piece of bread....or all of the above!

I was a pretty good low-carber yesterday: 1100 calories, 57g carbs, 57g Protein. I WILL DO EVEN BETTER TODAY. It feels good to be in control. I think this may have something to do with Mom. I went way off track (and stayed there) when she got sick back in October--and now the service is over I suddenly feel motivated again. Odd.

Tracy, I'm so sorry you're so sick!! My gosh! You better make sure you've got plenty of fluids!! Dairy products are a no-no, y'know. The bacteria in your throat thrive on the lactose in the dairy. If you've got strep (white spots on ur throat?) and now you've got the "other", you may want to get to the doc. Strep is nothing to mess with. In the meantime, lots of hot salt-water gargles will really help.

Laura - Gosh, I hope you get some relief today. Let us know what they say and if you're feeling better. That quitting smoking and oral pacification problem is a booger, isn't it? (hugs) So sorry you are off to such a rough start in what should be a very exciting time for you and Russ. It'll get better!...it just has to!!!