Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Tracy hope you feel better soon!

My butt was feeling better yesterday, but it's back in full force today..very glad I have the appt Monday, someone who specializes in back pains during pregnancy, I am so anxious!!

I went to Motherhood tonight to try on maternity pants. I ordered XL from them.. they have plus size, but I shopped regular sizes and went off their size chart. I was swimming in the XL.. not the maternity part but the normal part, was HUGE. I am so confused. Especially lately when I don't fit quite right in my clothes anymore, I am feeling fat, I look like I gained 60lb when I look in the mirror. So I went to their store to figure out what size I am and if they would be tall enough. Shockingly, I fit into Medium, and even a SMALL. What the heck?? Where do skinny people shop for maternity? This place acts like it's normal sizes, but I would never fit in small pants at a normal store. Again, not talkin about the maternity part which is stretchy, the legs and hips, I fit into small. Which goes to show, my belly is all that makes fat down low. I was really shocked. Anyway I went with medium, they were comfortable and fit well. I am amazed at how comfortable the maternity part is. I was nervous my pants would just fall off since I don't have a butt, but they fit nice and I liked it. I'm not going to start wearing them till I get the noticable bump, but I found 3 flare jeans, 1 corduroy, and 1 dress pants.. should be all I need when the time comes. I also bought a lot of work shirts and pretty shirts that were on sale.

My graduation FINALLY processed, I got my degree in Liberal Arts in the mail today. Yay me.

Just had some apple slices as a snack, and I had 2 glasses of 2% milk today.. Mmm milk.

Hey congrats Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am finally over the shock of the picture and debate. I don't know which was worse!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Busy day tomorrow, not super busy Sunday, and then super busy again on Monday.

Have a good one everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey V's~

Congrats Laura!!! Way to go!

Ok...Pammie is drunk! Weeeeee!! We went to movie Nights in Rodanthe...OMG, cried like a baby w/ noises and all. Then we went dinner at Hamburger Marys (I ate 3/4 of burger w/ no bun and a couple fries). But first I ordered my first mojito!!! I just always wanted to have a drink-y poo w/ leaves in it! IT WAS SOOOO YUMMY! Then we all (6 girlies, Melissa and Jackie the brides, and Steph and Jen...straight girlies) went to a gay/straight bar. We had these drinky's called SWEET TARTS...omg, they tasted just like a sweet tart! We had 3 of them and 2 shots of some sort. So, yes, I drank too much, but I came home, made coffee and posted here...can't be doing too bad.

We had sooo much fun! Susanne sipped 1 beer all night and drove...next time is her turn! Anywho, gotta go to bed now, but wanted to do a drunk post! LOL...should be funny in the mornieng!

xoxooxoxa

LOL Pamela!! What a hoot! Mmmm SweetTarts! My favorite! Whenever I've tried to type when having too much to drink it takes me like forever because of all the typos-- it's quite hilarious. You did good!

Laura - Congrats on your degree!! I am so impressed, girlfriend! Oh, and about maternity clothes...the thing I hated about them is 1) they are ridiculously expensive (I had to buy nice work suits, etc.), and 2) what fits today may very well not fit worth a damn in 4 months! So don't go nuts quite yet. I gained 42# with my first and got so huge I had to go buy a whole bunch of new stuff just to wear the last 4-6 weeks!! Man, I was not happy about that. I sure would have been grateful for Ebay back then....and for baby clothes too.

Well, last night we had a family gathering at my sister's house and it was nice....can't believe she actually invited me! LOL We watched the video that the funeral directors put together of all the photos we submitted to them and they did a beautiful, beautiful job. I wish ya'll could see it. At the end is Jesus standing on the shore and waving like, "Come with me..." and then Mom's picture fades in on top of that and then it kind of transitions into a sparkling bright white light. It's hard to explain, but trust me, it is very impressive. I did fine not crying too much until the last pictures of her 80th birthday party, then the Jesus thing...and I lost it. It was nice that my son was right there to hold me. He was really sweet, but always is. He loves his mommy. ;-) Anyway....we're off to the service this morning and I am hoping I can keep it together. I don't cry very often, but when I do let it loose, I let it loose.

I'll check in later, girls. Love you all. Enjoy your Saturday!

Terry, Go to your Mothers service today knowing that you have all you Violet Angels sitting on your shoulders. We are all sending our love so that you will get thru today....I would have loved to have seen the video, I wish they had that when my parents passed away. Good Luck to you and your Family today. Big Hugs for you.

Laura, Congrats Girl.

I have to work this morning at the South store and I'm contemplating walking to the store. It's 1.2 miles from the house. I would just need someone to come pick me up afterwards. I ain't walking both ways.

Jane, You look wonderful. Just remember all the fun we had.

Have a great day.

Good Morn, Vi's~~

((Terri)) Suzie said it all... we are all with you today!

TracyK -- O.M.G!! I'm so excited for you!

Pamela -- Dontcha love mojitos?? I discovered them this summer!! mmmmm

Laura -- So glad you have the appointment on Monday! I worry about you & the peanut!

Janie -- I think the debate was worse than your hair!!

Kat -- Take it slowly, girlfriend!!

TracyK -- Hope you're feeling better today!

Hi Judy, Haydee, Jen, Suzie!

Had a busy but fun day yesterday. My mom came up & we hit 2 yarn stores... then went out to lunch @ my fav salad place... then I actually got a little teeny tiny nap... then it was off to the PTA Fall Fest, which we had inside, so it was nuts-o, but it was packed & everyone seemed to be having fun... then my mom, sis & I went to hear Alexander McCall Smith speak (he's the author of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series of books + loads of other books) it was fun & funny, he's a very entertaining speaker... then (it's after 9pm at this point!) we went out to a tapas place in old town & had a pitcher of sangria & lots of little tapas... mmm... then home & bed...

BUT... meshed in w/all that was that my FIL was admitted to the hospital yesterday w/a slight heart attack! So my DH & his mom were back & forth on the phone... they're 2.5 hrs away... so DH went up @ 6:30am this morning... it was minor... but it's still nerve-wracking...

Other than all THAT... I think -- *think* -- that this week's running around like absolutely crazy is done with... that this week should be more back to "normal"... phew!

Make it a good one, Vi's!

Good morning ladies-

Slept really good last night compared to the night before. I was so bummed when I realized I forgot survivor started Thursday night :tt1: Oh well, I have it scheduled to record every episode so now I will not miss any unless the cable/lights go out.

I have had ice cream the past couple of days because my throat hurts so bad. I am not getting on the scales. Why punish myself?! I will wait until tomorrow or the next day. Nothing much really on the agenda this weekend other than healing. DH is working days and dd and dsd are here hanging out w/ me. I don't know if I told ya'll that I do not have my car anymore. I did not need it and we are trying to downsize as much as possible to 'start over' and rebuild. DH only works days 4 out of 16 days so that is really the only time I am without a vehicle. I do not go anywhere at night anyway because I hate driving at night. Can't really see well at night. So it all works out good. Whenever I did have my car it sat outside doing nothing, literally. I could not see paying monthly on something I did not use. Plus I got to drop it off the insurance policy. One day down the road I will get one and pay cash for it and be done with it but for right now, I am loving it. We have a store right down the street if I am in dire straits and need anything (which is yet to happen). DD rides the school bus. That is how I get my exercise. Walking to the bus stop and back is half a mile and I do it twice a day so that is a mile per day each day. Sometimes I drag along her bicycle for her to ride back from the bus stop. I am just glad everything will be back on track (financially) soon. Evacuating for hurricanes can be expensive! Good Lord! I wish we had a relative or something we could go to when the storms come this way. Just the hotel stay was like 500.00. Then coming back and having to restock the freezer & fridge? YIKES! But at least we had a home to come home to...that is what I keep reminding myself of. We have our family and our health, that is the important thing.

OK, I have rambled enough.

Terry-I am thinkig of you today. ((hugs))

Janoe-I thought your pic was just fine!

Judy-I miss you already.

Jenn-come back. How are your female problems?

TracyinKS-I am still jealous :bolt:

Gina-good to see you posting regularly again!

Suzie-I love the little quote you have in your signature!

Pamela-how is the lush this morning? LOL

Laura-congrats on the degree. You are fantastic! Good luck with the maternity clothes. I never did use maternity, just bigger plus size clothes.

Kat-I'll bet you are feeling SO much better. I would have been so tempted to tell them to take out the band. That would have scared the wits out of me!

Haydee-how ya loving those lights and a/c? Looks like the storm season may be over for this year? At least I pray it is!

Michelle-what is on your busy agenda this weekend?

I sure hope i did not leave anyone out! Have a great & safe weekend everyone!

ssshhhh...please don't type so loud!

Just kidding...I feel ok. I just didn't sleep long enough, so other than a small headache and needing a nap, I am ok!

Terri~ Susie did say it best! You are NOT WITHOUT VIOLETS!!! And also...cry your little heart out if you want to. Don't think about it! LOVELOVELOVE YOU!

My dad is sick...he is on oxygen full time now. I got the update email this morning and lost it. He is dying, and there is not a damn thing I can do. Totally f'ing sucks. He is my "get out of jail" call. If I ever go to jail, I would call my dad. Now I gotta bother a violet for bail money, haha. I am just sick and sad 'bout it. I lost my mom and dad to cancer...wth??? Where is the freakin cure??

Have a good weekend sistas...xtra love to Terri today!

Yep Terry----you were one of the first things to pop in my mind this morning when I woke up---I knew this was going to be a hard day for you--I said a little prayer for you before my feet ever hit the floor. Let the emotions go where they may---it is totally understandable. The video sounds very classy. I like the idea of Mom being waved over......it lends such a warm loving feel to it.

I did the video of Mom and Dad for their anniversary....all the pics bring back such different memories!

We sure are there with you in spirit and as you move on with the service finally behind you----when you need the extra boost---we will always be here!

Pamela same for you as you work your way through this with your Dad. We will be with you.

We went to an auction this morning, and run into Rick's best friends Dad. Of course the first question....How are you---led to horrible answers. His Mom is suffering (literally) with ALS---and it is progressing to where she can no longer swallow at will. And he just found out he has end stage liver cancer. He refused any biopsies or anything that prevented him from lifting his wife---now no one knows which one will go first. Rick come in and called his friend who is either in denial about how bad it is, or is not being told the extent of things by his family. Rick told him, while he is able to see them both he needs to come home for a visit. So Sad.

Cancer affects everyone! I have to wait until I am released from this surgery to have my tests done to see if I can make my 5 year mark---I WILL! I am a survivor!

TracyK---I imagine they would have listened if I had demanded the band be removed, but ultimately the biggest problem had zero to do with my band, it was intestinal. The bottom of my stomach had become loose with the extended vomitting, and he restitched it, but he said that was a residual effect of the twisted intestine. We did discuss removal, if he found any signs of erosion, or a serious slip, which he said from the testing was not going to be the case. He said he preferred not to do any extra open incisions if they were not REQUIRED because there was no way to tell if the intestine might leak, which would necessitate further surgery, and would leave me open to infection issues.

When he got in he found my band perfectly seated, no slippage at all, still sitting in a nice horizontal manner. But back when I was banded I had not only the external big old pad of fat holding the stomach taut, I also had fat on the stomach inside as well as some on the liver helping to hold it in place. Well with the external weight loss, comes internal weight loss, and then the TT removed the final "hold" so what used to be snug, was now loose and able to flop around. He said that might be part of what was causing problems was like an attempted prolapse, and it could have happened frequently--------but he stitched it back tight, so it will not be an issue now he said.

I see my PCP this week, then I am supposed to go back to CO and see the surgeon. Not wanting to do that trip----but we'll see!

Laura, I know exactly what you mean, I fit into a small pair of pants at Walmart, and I wondered what people who really are small---as in petite and even short---do?

Hope your appointment helps you lots!

Judy! I just got your card! Thank you so much!!!

I know TracyKS has a birthday coming up-----hers is the same day as both Ricks and my Dads, and our DD Abbey! When we exchanged the info I remember seeing she had the same birthday as all of them!

I need to go to the grocery store and come up with an idea for dinner. I feel like eating something different, and yet don't have a clue what I want to cook.....something easy. I am just tired, so taking it easy.

Becky and I might go to the movie this afternoon----do a Pamela---because Becky cries with the best of them!! We used to rate chick flicks on the number of boxes of Kleenex Becky needed!!! But we both want to see the Nights in Rodanthe, and the boys not so much!!! We'll see, she is off getting her hair cut, so depends on time.

Will check back with the rest of you in awhile.....I need to get some water!

Kat

I did it. I walked to work this morning. Took me a little over 20 minutes to go 1.3 miles. I even had time to stop at the "Casey's" General Store and get me an iced tea. Had to call hubby to come and get me. There was a box they wanted me to take to the north store, so he came and got me.

It's a beautiful day here today.Think I'll get back out and enjoy it while I can.

Super Duper Hugs to Terry.

HELLO ALL!!!

I just got back from buying a new pair of tenny boppers! I went to Off Broadway shoe store and was almost overwhelmed by the selection! LOL (I'm not a shoe shopper) They were a birthday present from a very special friend!

I am getting ready to head to my sisters for her wedding celebration party. I could use a nap.

Pam your drunk post was funny! Sorry to hear about your dad though.. Tracy don't be jealous.... it hasn't happened yet. I could be setting myself up for a big disappointment and I've got quit stewing over it.

Laura: you fit into a medium because you are TINY in the lowe half and when in maternity they allow for the belly room. I bet you look cute.. where are the pics of the baby bump?

OK.. I'm going to try and catch a small nap before we leave.

TracyK, I was sad too wehn I read about Paul Newman.

TracyinKS, I just signed Hubby up for the walk. I'm so excited about that. His sister sent me a huge check and I think that made him think about it. So you will get to meet my "Harley Man". I've gotten several checks but don't know how to list them on the website. I'll just bring them with me. Can't wait to see you again.