Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Mama Mia, here go again. Loved the movie. Meryl Streep is a pretty good singer.

I joined a class today and tonight is my first one. For the next 10 weeks on Thursdays, I'm taking Tai Chi classes. A friend of mine told me today that she was taking it so I called and they had an opening. I'm really excited about this.

TracyinKS – 2 bra’s that is a new one on me. Congrat’s on saving $$ on PS.

Judy – That video is great – thanks for sharing – I need the good belly laugh!

Haydee – We were without power for 100 hours during Hurricane Isabel – I hated it – I don’t know if I could go longer. It was the worst. We went and checked into a hotel (45 miles away) just to take showers/watch the news and get a hot meal – left our stuff to go back in the morning before check-out to get another news update/shower. We went to our home that night because we were scared someone would breakin – and when we got back to house – we had LIGHTs! Thank goodness. Then the next morning – I went to the hotel to pack our stuff and check-out – they were without power – luckily we had a flashlight so I could see my way up the 3 flights and in the halls to pack.

Laura – I am so sorry you are having this back pain – this is supposed to be the best time in your life! I am praying it goes away soon!

Michelle – I know you are doing a wonderful job and all will be well with the PTA FF – and when it all over with – take some time for just YOU! You deserve it. Wishing you LUCK.

Pamela – I am so jealous – I can’t eat lettuce, or tomatoes – so salad’s is one of those things I miss greatly. I have always used Angel hair Pasta – that does go down pretty well if I leave the hamburger and mushrooms out of it. I can also eat bread with lots of butter –hmmmm…. Go Figure.

Hi Denise – thanks for the email, I will compete tomorrow-Thanks again.

JanieBug – how are you doing? Hugs.

One of my employees went home Tuesday and found her husband had passed. I heart just goes out to her. He was early 50’s – had a heart attack.

Terri – I would love to see your work – what site are you selling at? Sorry about the run-in with co-worker. Maybe all will be better soon. I hope so.

Kat - I love reading your posts - :smile2:

Have a good night.

GINA - you can click on the link in my signature (it's always there!)... it's Etsy :: terridoodle :: Doodle Studio.

There's a girl in the UK that contacted me about an order for 10 bracelets (of one certain kind) and I was all excited at FIRST! I think she's written me 8 emails, keeps changing her mind and wanting me to quote different quantities for a 'bulk' discount, different links, with and without clasps, etc. Drivng me bonkers! She finally said she wanted just one of each thing so she could see it in person first. So, after being pretty fed up with this chick altogether, I finally told her if she just wants one of each thing she can buy them directly from my shop and pay full price for each and so, 20 emails later, we went full circle! Now I know how Laura feels!

Hello all!!

Gina, Terrys stuff is neat!!! I have a wonderful pair of earrings I bought from her!!

Tomorrow morning I am going to hear John Danforth speak. Should be good. It is at my church and the topic is faith and religion. I am looking forward to it, but it is at 8:00 in the morning!!! Very early for me!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend planned!

Jane

Ballgame was uneventful other than our lame butt coach pouting and not speaking to anyone, she is such an infantile drama queen it is pathetic!!!

Went from there to Chilis with some of the team, and just getting home. Took a shower and am now ready for bed.

Oh yeah, we lost......again!

Will look in on y'all in the mornin'!!

Night night!

Kat

Good Morning.

Went to my first Tai Chi class last night and loved it. I was so sore when I left but it was a good sore. I am really looking forward to going again next week. I'll doing my practicing this week, hope I can remember all the poses he showed us.

I have a long day today. Work for 7 hours than going over to mu Sisters to take her shopping and visit for awhile.

Everyone have a great day.

Oh, and I'm receiveing checks in the mail for my "Walk from Obesity" walk. It makes me feel so good to know that I have a lot of people supporting me and having faith in me. I feel special.

Suzie - I've always wanted to take Tai Chi! I'm anxious to see how you enjoy it as time goes on. I took yoga for a year (longest I ever stuck with anything!) and I loved it. I learned so much and still use many of the techniques I learned for relieving stress and being self-aware. Very cool.

AWESOME Suzie!!!

I got home last night from watching my sister tye the knot and I had an early birthday card from JANE!!!!!!!!!!!! JANE THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your are such a sweetie, I am going to OffBroadway TOMORROW! Hoping they have my sketchers so I can finally make the other ones "mowing shoes" :tongue2:

So, the dog did not have a good night and I must find coffee ... as I didn't have time to brew any at home........ I'll be back

Good Morning Violets~

First late me say that I am sorry I have been a crappy Violet lately. I read everything and think of all these witty posts, then when I really have time to say anything, I forget. I don't say feel better soon, great NSV,proud of you for doing the walk, good luck w/ the PS, and all the other nice things everything you all say to each other. I am just busy, but I LOVE YOU ALL, AM PROUD OF YOU ALL, WISH ANY AILING VIOLET WELL WISHES...forgive me!

We went to nephew's karate class last night! 4 year old boys...too cute! I loved it. I'll post pix as soon as I have time to get them up.

OK...TGIF!!! We are going to see the movie Nights in Rodanthe today w/ a bunch of people!

Then home to grade more papers!

I'll pop in later from work. Friday's the kids take 2 tests...:tongue2:

Good morning everyone. Macy was ready to go to school today. Even with her brother and sister here she was ready. Makes me happy :tongue2: Dss is going home today but dsd wants to stay. They do not go back to school until Monday. They are from the LaPorte area and really got hit hard by Ike.

Terry-when are you going to get your new addition to the family? That is one of my fav dog breeds ever!

I am the sickest in the house today. My throat hurts something terrible. I put myself on some antibiotics and hopefully they will help get rid of it.

Bad thing is...ice cream feels good on my throat. Enough said...

I am gonna go lay down for a while. Take care everyone!

Good morning girls,

Feeling chilly out here this morning, I just come in from a walk----trying to build myself back up slowly---and believe me it IS slowly!!! I have a chill!!!

Thought seriously about walking even further and getting a cappucino!!! BUT, that was too much further to walk, and kind of defeated the purpose!!!

So TracyKS did you mention the surgery to Charles?

TracyK---sorry you have the crud now----with all the stress everyone is under, and all the germs, I am not at all surprised you are sick---so sorry, hope you feel better really quick.

I found some Peach Sorbet that is soooooooo good, and not nearly as high cal as ice cream, and it would feel good on your throat too.

And the FUZE drinks I drink, when you freeze most of them, they don't freeze into a block---they kind of end up in a shaved like form, and you get Vitamins and the cool feels so good on your throat. The stuff they sprayed mine with for the EGD---blistered mine---big nasty blisters----so I have been using everything imaginable to soothe the throat.

My son brought me a case of liter bottles of Dasani----and cool, not ice cold Water is working best.

We are talking about going to a movie today----but not going to hold my breath.....Rick is already out in the shop working, and it seems to go on forever----but it IS worth it!

Made an appointment to get my hair cut on Tuesday----then sometime next week we are having pictures made. So far only one DD and her DH have not committed to be there, and if they don't come---so be it. I will do pics with who is there, and have family pics made of the ones who are. I am sick of letting the whiny SIL schedule our lives. He works a regular schedule of 8-6 M-F.....but he HATES being with us, and finds all kinds of reasons not to do things. However if I offered to take them to dinner (at a place he approves, he would be there in a second!)---so I am done, I will not cater to him anymore!

We are doing a big birthday cake following church a week from now for my Dads 75th birthday. Gotta get going on that! At least now I feel like doing it, unlike for my MIL's, when I was so sick!

I think this Sunday we will take the van, and both sets of parents (after church) and take them north into Colorado and look at the color change---Fall is in full color,and it is beautiful. Take them all up to see, have lunch & come home. Rick and I usually take a bike trip up, but the thought of that is still a bit too much!!!

Well, guess I will go unload the DW, and clean the kitchen back up. Everyone have a good Friday!!!

Kat

Hey Terry, I don't know about Etsy, but anywhere you can sell stuff--there's always scammers.. It's like the nigerian 409 scams, but they do it with sellers on the internet now. They run you in circles till YOU are confused, then they don't pay anything and you somehow end up paying them. For example, it happened with my car once.. they asked if I'd come down on price. I knew it was a scammer by the way they typed their e-mail, and they always say they are in UK.. then they said ok my price is fine, they'll send me a check for (amount asked for) plus anotehr 2k.. for shipping costs, and for you to refund the rest of the shipping cost.. they 'intentionally' overpay, for a whole list of reasons.. then they want you to send them the money back. Their check is no good, by time you find this out, you've sent them money.

So just, whatever that person says (I am so skeptical of people), do not under any circumstances agree to do any money changing for them. And don't ship anything till you get verified payment.. like I said, I don't know how Etsy runs the payment, but just be aware!! :tongue2:)

Drinking my mornin' milk.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My doc called last night, there's a rehab that specializes in physical therapy for prenatal.. they just called me and set up my first appointment for Monday. And as long as it is doctor referred, insurance pays. They did, and it is. Good times. The lady I talked to said it sounds like maybe I twisted and got something out of alignment. I have no idea at this point.

Laura I agree 100%---like I say my kids got scammed on Craigslist----so you have to watch every transaction!!!

I am so glad you got a referral, just knowing someone is taking your pain seriously has to help--it does when I hurt, to know that someone is on top of it!!!

Terry, I think telling them to buy what they want to look at was the best way to deal with that type of thing!

Kat

I just finished my first glass of Water for the day!

I did mention the surgery.. not how soon it may be and he asked what would be required of him.. LOL

I said well to take me and be with me for at least the first night, get Robby to and from school for at least a week. He said, that was too big a deal.

The scheduling place called me today to confirm my appointment for next week and asked if I had a date in mind, so I told her 10/14 or 10/15 possible......... HOLY SHIT! I said I didn't know if that WOULD be possible or not. IF this happens in two weeks, I am going to need to be hell on wheels at work because open enrolment 10/09/08....

Woohoo how exciting, make sure you take B&A pics, since SOMEBODY never posted them!! :thumbup: :)