Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning, or so I hope it will be. I have weigh-in this morning and after the Caniloni's Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, we'll see.

I sent out some e-mails yesterday and last night I checked my sponsor page and I had a donation. How cool. Somebody has faith in me. Besides my hubby.

I think I'll try to put up a collection jar at work and see what I can get.

Jane is leaving today. She said lasat night that she turns her computer on and the power turns off. She said sometimes she has enough time to check to see if there are any important e-mails. So she will check in when she gets home.

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning, Violets!!!

Today is day one of the second phase of my weight loss journey. It's starting out good.. I lost 2.5# overnight with being on liquids after my fill. I had set out 2 turkey sausages for Breakfast and could only eat one. I'm going to get back in the habit of eating until I'm not hungry instead of eating until I'm full.

I got a nifty item from QVC the other day and was able to try it today for the first time and I LOVE it!! It's called bralief. It's a little strap that fits around the back straps of your bra and when you put it on and slide it down the back, it lifts and separates your boobs! Mine are almost perky again!! What a difference and it's comfortable!!

Here's a link... watch the video for more info. I'm sold!!

Bralief Set of 3 Neutral Adjustable Bra Clips - QVC.com

pssssssssssssst... the Bobster was impressed too.. :wink_smile::smile:

I'm going to try the 6 small meals today and see how that goes. I'm going to stock up on string cheese, yogurt, tuna and green Beans. I vow not to have any ice cream or root beer floats or boston coolers until after my next weigh in at the docs Nov. 3rd. I feel like I just said my prayer of confession and I'm able to start over in a better way.

I'm off to do laundry. Ethan arrives at noon for the day. I'll check in when I can. Everyone make it a GREAT one today!!

good morning!!!

JUDY YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!! now let me see that video.. lol

Tracy: do you know me or what??? of course I had ice cream yesterday, but it was light ice cream... (BY MISTAKE!) LOL

181 today.........

Mom report: They did not use any needles, they felt the area they used them before was not improved enough to justify the pain. So they gave her a stronger steriod cream and also something else that has a cosmetic use.... for fine lines and spots... WINK WINK.. get that puppy filled! Anyway, they said that morphia was a bear to treat and that it most likely would never go away completely, but that they could control it and keep it in check. With all that said, mom wants to persue the band. I have her checking into Dr. K in Denver, for the price and then my doc here locally for the fills... we shall see if she follows through.

I am off to get some much needed water! I PROMISE!

I'm BACK!!!!!!!

Just got power and internet restored here at work!!! Still crossing my fingers everyday so that my power comes on at home.... I'm fixin to write a long ass post but first wanted to let ya'll know that i'm here...

hold on...

whew... okay, i'm here. i missed ya'll so much!!! i have to go back and read everything i missed. But first, is Kat ok?

Thank you TracyK for posting my plea for a rib recipe. The stores around here aren't yet fully stocked so you'll find a little bit of this and a little bit of that. When I went all I found where baby back ribs and some pot roast meat. What are people with no electricity going to do with that? So glad we were able to borrow a generator. I've got my fridge hooked up, my little counter toaster oven, my crock pot and my fan.

These past few weeks have been so trying on me. I hate hate hate to feel like this because in reality we were very blessed not to have suffered any damages but I've just been in such a funk lately. I am starting to feel depressed and just.... like... everything is futile (sp?). Like what's the point? Like I said, I hate feeling like this, I feel guilty for it but I needed to get it off my chest. I talk to Juan about it but he doesn't understand.

Okay, now for my novel... sorry for the long post... skip ahead if you don't want to be bored to tears...

So, my drama... the day before I was supposed to leave for mexico my little baby (doggy) princess started feeling bad. She was being lethargic and she just looked sad. I thought maybe it was because she saw my suitcase out and she knew I was leaving. Well the day I was leaving she came down with fever and she wouldn't eat and she wouldn't drink anything. This was the Saturday before Labor Day. Her vet was closed so I couldn't take her. I didn't want to leave her but my family convinced me to go and that they would take care of her. So I said fine. I told Juan that if by Tuesday she wasn't feeling better that he should take her in. So we leave Houston at 8pm that saturday night and embark on this 18 hr bus ride. about 3am I get a call from my sister saying that they are taking my princess into the emergency animal hospital. her fever is not going down and she won't stop crying. So i'm feeling sooooo guilty for leaving her. so, long story short, she gets admitted, spends two days in the hospital and gets misdiagnosed like 3 times. they don't have a clue what's wrong with her. By Tuesday I had them pull her out of there and take her to her regular vet. Her regular vet was on vacation and she sees another vet that she's never seen before. They take X-rays and they determine that she's got a slipped disc on her spine. That vet gives her codeine for the pain. So. The week goes on with my 4lb baby on codeine. The whole time i'm over there i'm just worried sick about her and I'm on the phone the whole time with my mom and my sisters asking how she's doing. I finally came home Sunday, Sept 7th and when I see her I just start bawlin'. Normally she is very spunky and feisty and this little bitty thing was just curled up into a ball and she didn't want anyone to touch her. She was just stiff and her eyes were rolled into the back of her head. So Monday morning I was finally able to get her to her regular vet and she was just astonished at how she looked. She immediately gave her a steroid shot and an anti inflamatory shot and she said she would start feeling better by that afternoon. Sure enough by 1pm that afternoon Princess was running around and playing. She suffered for 9 whole days just needlessly. So like I said, by Monday night she was feeling better. I went and left her at my mom's again because I was about to leave to Dallas for a work thing. I was in Dallas Tuesday, Wednesday and then I was able to catch a flight home Thursday evening because of the hurricane.

The hurricane didn't do much damage to any of my immediate family's properties. Lots of fallen trees, my fence in my backyard fell, my parents fence fell. The property that we rent out for weddings had no significant damage. She has three beautiful historial oaks on the property and they weathered the storm well. She had tons of tree limbs and debris strewn all over the property and it took us three whole days with about 6 people to clean everything up.

We're back to as normal as we can be with no power... I've been back to work since Monday. We were running our lights and some of our computers here on generators but we had no internet access.

Okay, that was the extent of my drama... I'm going to go back and read everything I missed...

Good Morning Vi's!

Feeling good this morning! Manda got a "no change" report! The ascending aorta has not dilated anymore. She is still in a high risk category and must have a CT scan done on it every 6 months and a full cardio study yearly, but for now, there has been no change!

Rick went to the Dr. with her since I cannot drive, and it was going to be a pain to come and get me and then go back to town. So he went instead. YAY!!! Now if Rick gets a good report tomorrow at his cardiologist, the hearts are all secure for awhile!!!

I see all of us doing this thing where it is like we tire of the season, and become complacent. We were all psyched for summer and being able to be outside and do this and that....which we did really well for awhile, then the heat of summer gave way to the ice cream cravings!!! Now the season is starting to change again, and we are all getting back into the groove ready to get it in gear again......trade our outdoor exercises for indoor again, the grilling for the crockpot, we are all feeling the need for change!!! (Sounds a bit political!!!)

Any ideas besides our pie hole report for keeping us all on track???

I have tried posting this for over an hour, and my phone keeps ringing--gonna post it and keep reading!!!

Kat

YAY Haydee is back!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO glad!!!

Hope Princess is still doing better, poor baby!!! I hate it when babies and animals hurt and cannot tell you what hurts........then again when they (kids....men....) CAN tell you they do so repeatedly until you wish they could not!!! Guess I am hard to please!!!!

Welcome back Haydee, missed you girlfriend!!!

Kat

She's doing great now. Her vet was so pissed at her collegue for putting her on codeine. It was too much for her. She would get all stiff, her eyes would roll back into her head and she would be all loopy. She wouldn't even be able to raise her head. And when we would take her outside to go potty she would stand there for a moment then just fall over on her side. It was so frustrating. So right now she's taking a steroid pill and an anti-inflamatory pill. Well 1/8 of each, LOL. Right now since we are controlling the pain she is able to run and walk and eat and poop just fine. I was scheduled to take her to a doggy chiropractor last week but then the hurricane hit and they barely opened back up this week. So I will take her in on Wednesday for her first of many adjustments.... We're calling her the $2500 dog. That was the charge for the emergency room fiasco in which they didn't even diagnose her correctly. They took advantage of the fact that I wasn't there and did a million tests on her that I would have never agreed to. And my sisters were just so scared and they agreed to let them do everything. Ugh. I am so frustrated about that.

YYYYEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

HAYDEE IS BACK! I missed you...sooo sorry to hear about your Princess. I gotta tell you as I was reading your post, my eyes were watering scared that the outcome was NOT gonna be so good. Glad to hear it was!!

I love all my Violets. When is our trip again...I need some violet energy and I am sensing I am not the only one!

Kat - so glad to hear you're healing well! I was so thankful that Judy text me and let me know what was going on... I was praying for you...

Laura - Try the acupuncture, like Terry said. My best friends father had suffered for years with debilitating back pain and ever since he started doing that he's felt 1000% better...

Pamela - it's more like YEEEEHAAAWWWW.... i'm in texas, remember? LOL. Missed you too! I saw your pics today of the ceremony. It looked beautiful. You looked beautiful too... Suzanne looked so happy! Sorry your kids gave you shit yesterday.... Margaritas always help!

Suzie/Jane/TracyKS - So lucky that ya'll got to meet up! I need a dose of violet chatter right now... Can't wait till our trip!