Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

WTH???? Where are all the violets??? Now I guess I have to work for real. Man, I hate that!

LOL!!!

I just signed up for the loca WALK from Obesity, run/walk..... Robby and I are going to do it, I've got my personal page all set up and guess what.. a lady from work already sent me a check!

I've never done anything like this before, but I thought that actually WALKING on my birthday was a great way to kick start some sort of exercise, and for a good cause.

Thanks Pam for the tip! I will tell her that for sure... now.. just give me the strength to NOT PASS OUT! LOL

TracyKS send your Mom over here and I will give her a snort of my pain meds before she goes....

Feeling much better this morning. Was doing GREAT, then had a meltdown, when my wallet was missing. I was going to have my Mom take me to the bank, got the check ready, went to get my ID, and no wallet, I tore things up! Called Rick, called the hospital, no wallet. Then something kinda wiggled into my mind and I remembered at one point in the moving from Dr. to hospital I grabbed a pillow out of the backseat, and dumped my purse upside down in the back floorboard, and yep, there she was. I was in a panic, all my ID, debit card, credit card, band cards.......even OMG my grocery store discount card!!! I am just giddy with relief at finding it!

I think I moved a little frantically looking for it, but the soreness is much less than yesterday----my body is releasing all the IV fluids finally, I peed all night long!!!! So I am seriously working on keeping my Water intake up, so the dehydration remains at bay. The bloating is easing, which is reallllllllly good! I felt like the Goodyear Tire guy!!!

Tomorrow I had planned on going to the cardiologist with Manda, hoping to still be able to. I want to hear first hand what is going on. Then Wed. Rick is due in Albq. for his yearly check up--hoping I can manage the trip.

Sure would be nice to schedule when this junk happens--------ya know??!!

Blonde brownies.....mmmmmm I used to make some that were soooooo good! I had not thought of them in a long time. Good thing you made me think of them when I cannot eat, or I might have!

TracyK---is Macy feeling better? If she is part of the BW&C she must be feeling some better. I always knew when the kids were getting better they got so danged whiny it was ridiculous!!

Laura, how you feeling? Hope it is improving each day!!! Terry had a good point with acupuncture---and there are massage therapists who specialize in pregnancy massage. Manda lived for her massage, and she got them through her physical therapist, which was ordered by her OB/GYN----so insurance covered them! Check into it!

Pamela---I hate that you are stressing over all you have going on-------but have to say the emotion you feel for it all is what makes you such an awesome teacher!

Well I am going to go delete a few hundred email!!! Will check in after my excursion to the bank and grocery store.

Kat

I actually stopped on the way home and bought a pair of jeans. Yes, me buying jeans. Now I have to take them back. I tried on wranglers and than I ended up grabbing a pair of Lee's. Got home and they are too long. It was a good try though.

I got signed up for the walk and I think I'll put up a jar at work and collect donations. I'm looking forward to it.

Tracy, I never did get around to asking you about your Mom the other night. Thanks for filling us in. Prayers to both of you. That extra shirt from the other night got put in the mail today. I hope the new girl likes it, I'll let her know soon that it is on it's way.

I had one bite of Jane's brownies than cut the rest up and told hubby to hide his stash and gave the rest to my Sis. They were so good and I could have eaten the whole pan. :mellow: I felt the best thing to do was out of sight- out of mind. :cry_smile: Great, now my tummy is growling.

Kind of muggy here today so I turned the air-conditioner back on.

Whew...

DH is asleep and dd is having lunch. All is well with the world. This is how it normally goes...I pick up my laptop, sit on the couch and then this RADAR beam goes off in all directions to let eveyone in the household know that I am doing something I like and they run in here and BW&C or talk really loud or want to carry on a conversation or want me to get them something....then hang a lip cause I am not paying attention to them. Aarrrrrrgh! Such is life as a wife & mother, right? lol

Can anyone tell I am PMSing? :mellow:

Tracy & Suzie-I need to look into a walk like that around here. I would love it. Good for ya'll.:cry_smile:

Piehole Report:

the usual coffee

wc oatmeal

chicken salad

20 oz Water so far

I will check back in with you all later!

TracyK, sounds like my house. I no sooner get home and they all act like the world came to an end while I was gone and they didn't know how to stick their heads up their ass. I can cater to them 24 hours and than have one milli-second of my own and they are lost.

Right now hubby is asleep in our room and sister is asleep downstairs. You'd think I was having it good. Well, it's really hard to type with a cat nipping at my elbow. Always someone wanting me. Good Grief.

House is quite so I mopped the kitchen and dining room. I need to run the sweeper but will wait. Trying to get as much done as I can. Dancing with the Stars is on tonight and I'm watching it come hell or high Water.< /span>

Is Terry gone somewhere??? I miss her check ins........

I am sitting dining on my luxurious meal of broth!!! But hey tomorrow I get soup---and all of it is staying down, so I am not complaining!!!

I don't know whether Rick is just really good at knowing when not to bother me -- or whether after all these years he has finally figured out what the 'eye roll....huff' means and backs the hell off!!!!

It was a little harder with Kinsey, now she has figured out that she has computer toys.....meaning there are some things she is only able to play with if Granny is on the computer! Like her Play Doh---she sits here at the table next to my desk and will play forever with it----but it is only able to be played with if Granny is on the computer! Otherwise she wants us to be on HER websites playing kiddie games!!!

Made it to the bank and to the grocery store-wiped me out!!! My lips feel tingly....so between bites I am doing my breathing thingie--deep breaths!! LOL I must look like an idiot!!

TracyK----you look in your area and I will look here and see if we can find a walk like that. I have done the Alzheimers walk for 10+ years since that is what my Grandmother died from, and for the last several I have done the MS walk in honor of my SIL----but I missed the Alz. walk last Sat. because I was so sick, and doing my MIL's party. I never would have made it party or not.

When I was in HS we did a 20 mile walk for Muscular Dystrophy each summer---I cannot believe I ever did that---and all we worried about was looking cute while we walked and how not to just sunburn on one side. Heck now I would research comfy shoes for a month ahead of time!!! LOL

Well I am going to go attempt to get a load of laundry in the washer. BBL

Kat

Back to work, and pain is back full force. Sitting in a chair is my enemy. I sit, and I feel aright, barely aches.. but then I try to stand up, and my legs buckle. I can't straighten my spine or lift my legs. I have to hobble extremely slow all over the place. I laid down on the couch in the lobby for a minute, and it instantly felt better- I could stand up straight, walk, etc.. then I sit in my chair again and I'm back to broken. SIGH.

I guess I'll just have to go lay on the couch periodically throughout the days.

I should go back to my doc, but I feel like there's not a lot they can do and I dread the drive, and getting in and out of the car, and walking from the parking garage after sitting.

My mom found something yesterday, it said at 9 weeks, hormones can cause severe Migraines, or sciatic pain. This would probably be considered sciatic, its in my butt and radiates into my legs. So I'm trying to just tough it out. She can't find the website again, to see if it goes away, I'm hoping it does. Losingjus said she had severe migraines for weeks, but it did go away.. I am almost into my 10th week. I am out of pain meds, but I do have an extra rx for the muscle relaxers, so I am just going to keep taking them and see.

A coworker said "What if it's like this through your entire pregnancy?" and I said.. then I'm not having any more kids!!!!!!!

Mom said, she had a crippling hip pain when she was pregnant with my brother. She said it caused her to fall to the ground in pain (she was a nurse).. so she said she remembers once falling in the elevator and having to yell for someone to help her up..so they let her work from a wheel chair till it finally passed. She keeps trying to reassure me the pains go away, and she never had those hip pains with me or my sister, so I shouldn't give up on having more kids lol.

Anyway, work is really bad right now in general, we're in our rush season, behind schedule, and customers don't take that as an answer.. And I'm trying not to smoke, HEH.. what a time to do it. I'm sucking the heck out of jolly ranchers.

Hi! I'm here!

Laura - :cry_smile: That's not a good report and it makes me sad. :mellow: I don't like being sad. So get better!!!

Uh, let's see what's going on with me.... Not much, really. I finally did just now finish the eulogy for Mom's service. Dang, that's hard!! I could write 10 pages!

I've been a bead-buying jewelry-making fool, but now having computer problems and can't post any of the things in my store. :cool2: Oh well. I"ll just keep making it anyway.

Still have lots and lots of people without power, but I think my whole family is OK now. No more running across town just to deliver a few bags of ice to my MIL! Stubborn as a mule (but sweet as can be) and wouldn't leave her house!

Uber-busy at work and I gotta run soon. I can't believe these people expect me to work so hard. WTF?

Kat - glad you're feeling better, but it sounds like you might be pushing it just a wee bit!!! GET BACK IN THAT RECLINER! NOW!!

I'm reading "A Million Little Pieces" -- can't put that dang book down and it's keeping me up late!

Now I am truly lost.

The paperback swap shop that I would trade books in got flooded :cry_smile:

now WHAT!

Haydee wants to know if anyone knows how she can cook some baby back ribs in the crock pot? Stores in Houston are limited on meats....

Terry-isn't that the book that ended up being a fraud? Oprah made him come back on her show for him to apologize to her and her viewers for being a liar? Is that the one....now I am not sure...