Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning! I had a great great time last night! I did really well, as in I didn't eat until I pb'd, I loved that place, but it was really tempting.

Kat: we logged in on Janes laptop and all exclaimed loudly when we saw the post from you! We are soooooo happy that you are doing better.

I'm currently at my sisters.. I just crashed here last night since I was kid free. So now my bil is cooking Breakfast and I'm explaining myspace Facebook and this place to my sister.

My mood is much better after having some violet time!

Suzie: I'm going to sign up for the walk today. I will be bringing Robby with me that day..

OK gotta go for now!

TracyK it was so good to talk to you on the phone last night even though I couldn't here you very well. Thanks for posting those pics!

Good morning violets~

Kat~ you were missed. It just does not feel right when one (or two) violets is sick. Also w/ haydee MIA it has not been right. Again...is Sept. over yet? Welcome back! How totally scary.

We have misc planned for today. Homework, Walden, and might squeeze in a movie before Sus goes to softball. We love Sundays...we stayed in bed, had coffee and watched the Sunday Morning Show on CBS. Love that show!

Glad you liked the pix. It was a great day. Terri, thanks for the kind words. I had my chin and my tummy, but other than that...I am pretty hot, huh? LOL!

Have a great day Violets!

So glad 3 of the girlies got together. Yes, you phone takes great pix Janie...hahaha...that still cracks me up!

xooxoxox

Good Morning girls, thanks for the great welcome back!

Feeling pretty rough this morning, swollen HUGE! My belly feels like an overfilled tire, like if you poked me I'd go pfffffffffff and fly all around the room!

I slept well though, and know I am getting better---think maybe I just feel like complaining!!!!

Jane, Suzanne & Tracy---you looked like you had a great time!!! Wish I was closer to y'all!

Pamela, wedding looked beautiful. Maybe Rick and I need to renew our vows......

Terry......never worry about being nosy! Insurance is being very particular. They would not cover any part of my EGD--because it was done in the surgical center not the hospital----but he needed the info immediately and could not get an open lab at the hospital within what he felt was a safe time frame. So it is all out of pocket. They hospitalization will be covered under an out of network charge-----so while I will not have to pay the entire thing it is going to likely be one big chunk of change to pay it.

The fact that the intestinal problem was an emergency surgery might save me financially, but I just don't know yet.

They charged me my $500.00 co pay for hospitalization, and will bill and work out the rest with insurance. So when I see how bad they hurt me I'll let you know.

They DO cover band repair and revision.....as well as removal. And if I were to come to TX the cost would be minimal----as the hospitals there would be in network. Rick's company was based in TX so the entire company has BCBS of TX, regardless where you are located with the company! We actually had an international plan when we lived out of the country, but always in the states it has been TX based so we are always out of network.

They gave me some really wierd meds this time. My pain medication is a nasal spray----a highly addictive opiate narcotic ! He had me use it once in the hospital before I left so he could be assured I knew how to use it without OD'ing. I slept the entire way home! And they also give me something new for nausea (which is not an issue now) and it is sublingual, it dissolves under your tongue and he says it works wonders.

Other than that I got the stupid pink medicine they always give the kids for ear infections or whatever--------I feel so silly taking kiddy meds!!! But let me assure you the pain stuff is no kiddy med---I am scared to take it and be alone here!

Which is an issue with Rick, he had to go in to work this morning---his boss who was supposed to be in charge while he was gone, just didn't show up. So he had hands ready to go in to work, and they could not get in to work at all. So he went over to unlock, and has still not heard from his boss. But he has already called the big boss and lodged a complaint, and he said he would be in so Rick could come home.....but I am really fine by myself----I plan on sleeping a lot!!

I'll check in later----hugs to all of you!!

Kat

Kat, my mom had to take that pain med but they came in suckers. Fentinol or something like it...it knocked her socks off! She kept asking me if I saw the lady "floating in the white dress?" Freaked me out. I think it was an angel or something. Anyway, be careful!

xoox

2 cups coffee w/ sf creamer

wc oatmeal

a few sunflower seeds

to be continued...

I watched something REALLY depressing last night. Informative, but depressing. It was that "YOU on a diet" show with Dr Oz. One of the 3 people they were putting on this diet was a woman my height 5'7 and she weighed 165 (my ultimate goal). Are you kidding me? They said that women overall should have a 32" waist or smaller. OK, soTHAT isn't gonna happen....maybe a 32" thigh! It was just depressing to see them start with a subject that weighs what my goal weight is! UGH...

Edited by TracyK

I know what you mean Tracy---I had 3 different people in the last few days ask me how much more weight I wanted to lose. I am in a normal BMI now, and don't really care to lose more, but the way they ask, I feel like I must look like I need to lose more----is anyone EVER satisfied????

Yep Pamela, Rick said I was having issues with getting cigars in the box, is what I kept talking about!! Go figure! I am avoiding pain meds!

Kat

Got the work done that I wanted to get done and now it's wind-down time. 4:30am comes awfully early.

Janie called earlier and told me she still couldn't get on-line. She is having major computer issues. She said to tell you all "Hello" and that she is doing fine. She misses Tracy and I already.

You're right, when we are not all here it just doesn't seem right. I hope all is ok with Haydee and her family.

Are any of you up to sponsoring TracyinKs and I in the "Walk from Obesity"? We'll take any donations we can get. The walk is October 4th. (B-day reminder). I can send you the link if you are interested.

Have a great evening.

Edited by Suziecat

Up early for my morning shift. Yuck, hope she finds someone soon. I don't like getting up this early.

Have a great day and I'll check in later.

Good Monday Morning~~

It looks like we're all off to the races again today... we sure are a busy group of gals!! Too bad we can't harness our energy for lightbulbs or auto fuel, huh??

Busy, busy day for me... busy week, actually... Friday is our big fall PTA Family Festival, so this week includes lots of work to pull it all together... including baking 2 cake walk cakes on THursday!! Yikes!

Ate horribly over the weekend... what is with me?? I do GREAT during the week, and then un-do all that on the weekends. I've ALWAYS been that way... ugh.

Love you all... gotta dash... have 3 kids bouncing around the house w/a 2-hour late school departure today, which makes everything discombobulated...

Points to my diet ticker.

Can't hide any longer. I've gained 5!!!... count em 5!!! freaking pounds doing the same thing I did before the band. Hiding from the scales and accountability!!

Here it is for all to see...Here I am..taking control AGAIN!!

Write down what I eat. eat Protein first and DO NOT!!!DO NOT!!! graze between meals if I PB or get stuck during a meal. For some reason that gives me the OK to graze all day since I didn't eat much at meal time..

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The hunger is back..head or otherwise.

I want the NO hunger I had when I first got the band.!!

OK..enough of my whining.

Everyone have a WONDERFUL VIOLET DAY!!!

Good Morning!

I have my moms 2nd treatment today.. (the painful needles in the breast) I vow to NOT pass out today!

Robby starts his ITC class today............ oh

and CHARLES SHAVED! He left the smaller go-tee which I can handle.. we will see if he keeps it up.

Jane has an issue with her computer because her laptop is trying to dial into the DSL instead of defaulting to the hotel's wireless. I was able to get it to bypass Saturday night, but I know she didn't understand what I was doing. She's heading home tomorrow.

OK.. I will be good today except for a blonde brownie that Jane made us! LOL.............. oh lord they are good.

I put a roast in the crocker so that's dinner.< /p>

Have a good one.

Hiya HH!

and one more thing........ I actually splurged on a few clothes yesterday at Dress Barn...... I NEVER buy anything that is not on sale, but yesterday I said screw it and I bought a very pretty sweater type jacket.. it is of course varying threads of purple! It is gorgeous and $59.99 (this is a lot for me to spend on 1 article of clothing) Also a couple layering blouses that WERE on Clearance.. one is white (to go under the jacket and one is a light green (to go with my eyes) The jacket is an XL and the blouses are size L.

I think its time for me to go through my closet and cull out the things I don't like (its just hard for me to through out stuff that actually fits!) WEIRD NSV.

Hi Ladies~

Michelle said it best...busybusybusy!!!

HH~ keep popping in here and take part of our PIEHOLE REPORTS! Talk about accountability...speaks volumes when you have to put it on the internet, haha!

I am swamped at work, diss and Walden. Actually was already crying this morning. Susanne said, "why are you crying...you are the teacher?!" She is right, but I feel PRESSURE now. Wish me luck!

OK have a great day!

Tracy~Purple power for your mom today...I would imagine she is DREADING it. Also, she should walk in and say, "I chose to exercise my patient right to pain meds!" Plain and simple, they need to give her something. If she says it like, it will scare 'em! Good luck!

ttfn